• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pichu Social & General Discussion Thread

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I mean I know how to play it, pills just irritate me and dthrow-> fair is annoying.
Also edgeguarding makes me mad because of that dumb hitbox that goes above the ledge.

I just really dislike that MU (as both pichu and Fox.
Its easy as hell with ICs though.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I don't understand how doc is so infuriating to play against, especially when Mario is so damn manly.
Like when Mario combos you, it feels like you just got off too.
But with Doc is just like meh.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Allow me to reintroduce myself...

The name is NYTE. Quick question, as currently, and still the best Pichu IN THE WORLD, should I main PICHU at EVO?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Pichu is smaller, lighter, and has a faster jump.
The properties of their moves differ slightly (in terms of kb and hitstun)
They have slightly different techs (i.e. pichu can do walljump things and PAWDs)
Pikachu has a uair semispike, the strongest upsmash in the game, more range overall, the best recovery in the game, a better downsmash, etc.
Pichu has a better shield and grabrange.

So yeah.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Sup guys, I will be working on some Pichu video material for the boards.
I will try to get some of the top San Antonio players like SOS, CLNR and myself to record our pichu matches, since us 3 players in SA play pichu (although, we only have one pichu main)

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Sup guys, I will be working on some Pichu video material for the boards.
I will try to get some of the top San Antonio players like SOS, CLNR and myself to record our pichu matches, since us 3 players in SA play pichu (although, we only have one pichu main)
Never saw this. Do you want only tourney matches? I don't really go to tournies anymore, but I can get you some friendly footage...

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Never saw this. Do you want only tourney matches? I don't really go to tournies anymore, but I can get you some friendly footage...
Friendlies are good. Any pichu matches are welcome.
Tune in to twitch.tv/zheamourth and I will be playing a little bit of Pichu under the tag "PK-Thunder"

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
Pichu should never corner anyone unless You plan on baiting them to come out of the corner. he has no real options besides shield, movement, or trying to bet them with f-smash(bad) or wl upair. maybe if You think they won't relize You can't do anything they'll jump over You and You can get a grab b-throw/ up-throw.

pichu only does a few things, not sweetspot, nair oos sheild, reveavse grab, sheild pressure(2 frame sheild adavatage with higher port), juggle, tech in place/get up-attack, juggle/not get juggled(better than puff(knew main)),nair/up wl AND emptys(ies)/cause whiffs.

if You're approaching with pichu only attack 1/4 the time and be more techincal than who YOu,re fighting cause everytime they press A You have to sdi/asdi/di(3 inputs per their one)

that said by not attacking You won't get 4 stocked as much just make 2-3 reads in advance even if they are respawning dd around them force two misses get a grab/up-smash.

if all this is done with perfect counter spacing You can do decent against hard match-ups sheik should always have perfect timing/spacing(important) for stuffing out everything You do but never land one because You pull back.

Fish&Herbs19

Smash Journeyman
If Pichu did not damage himself with electric moves, how good would he be in comparison to other characters? What rank do you guys think he would be on the tier list? (Sorry if this has been asked before)

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Question: I main Pichu, Doc Mario, Ganondorf, and Falco(everything except Pichu = irrelevant). I'm trying to combo with Pichu, but the electrical knockback is screwing me up, as my opponent will recover from the hitstun and hit me hard, and i have to get 4% recoil to recover, then bad things happen. What combos can Pichu use?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
up air, upsmash, and grab stuff (dthrow and uthrow depending on their weight)
nair also leads into more nair or uair or w/e you want.

with pichu you're not really gonna be getting heavy combos on very many character, you want to focus mostly on baiting and punishing. Just get in, wrack up some percent, and get out.
you really need to be more worried about positional things and setting up gimps.

D

Deleted member

In my opinion, Pichu is essentially playing as Pikachu in "hard mode". Your faster and floatier, and you take damage on yourself using your attacks, so essentially, you have to use his moves right, or your self-inflicted damage will seem like a penalty.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
If only they existed xD
I'm the only one who posts here anymore
I'd post a bit but it's been dead, gotta step up and liven up the place. It's not like we're CRAZY busy now but since I did some updates on the G&W boards it's been busier. Maybe it's time to take the Pichu boards outa like, 2007 :p

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yeah but very few of us even touch the character anymore.
I'm always down to spit some lil' rat knowledge, but I haven't touched that lil' ***** in months.
he's still my boy though.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
yeah but very few of us even touch the character anymore.
I'm always down to spit some lil' rat knowledge, but I haven't touched that lil' ***** in months.
he's still my boy though.
I bet if we all sat down and worked together we could find a way to at least make an up to date guide. With some time and a bit of effort I bet I could actually make the video thread have videos too, I at least doubled the G&W library, I betcha I could make Pichu at least have a library :p

Edit: Check out the last post in the video thread, took all the vids from the board and did that, took maybe an hour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom