• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pichu Social & General Discussion Thread

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
uh lets see...
-Increase shieldstun on uair. Increase damage on uair (as was suggested, 4% would make a big difference). obviously, this means better juggling, also better shield pressure with rising uair -> late nair.
-Increase Pichu's weight a little bit, but not so much that he feels fat.
-Invincibility frames on UpB (similar to sheik) and increased speed on UpB (this would help ledge and OoS options, as well as his movement around the stage)
-the ability to hold a charge on sideB by pressing L or R (like sheik's needles or DK's punch)
-Less startup and end lag on SideB.
-Faster jump (like, fox speed)
-Faster start up on Dair, it should act like the Knee.
-Increased Speed/Hitstun/KB on jolts.

I don't like the idea of a new sideB, since Pichu's old one was beast in the right situations (i.e., punishing puff) and helped pichu's recovery at times.
I like the idea of flail, but it should be down B, not side B.

I mean, I like Pichu the way he is, but he is a bad character. If I had to make him like Doc's level, this if how I would go about doing that.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
@Bing Flail can be bred onto Pichu. I made sure to do my research before reworking his moveset.
What he can't actually learn in Pokemon is Skull Bash. :p
Pikachu could learn it back in 1st gen through TM or something, but it couldn't be bred to Pichu.

Looks like some good suggestions, I'll make sure he turns out well!

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ya'll have so many complaints about pichu, I just wish he didnt die as fast.
well no I really don't, I like Pichu the way he is, but he asked how we would make Pichu like Doc level, so yea... that is a list of things that could be changed to make Pichu a more solid character.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
uh lets see...
-Increase shieldstun on uair. Increase damage on uair (as was suggested, 4% would make a big difference). obviously, this means better juggling, also better shield pressure with rising uair -> late nair.
-Increase Pichu's weight a little bit, but not so much that he feels fat.
-Invincibility frames on UpB (similar to sheik) and increased speed on UpB (this would help ledge and OoS options, as well as his movement around the stage)
-the ability to hold a charge on sideB by pressing L or R (like sheik's needles or DK's punch)
-Less startup and end lag on SideB.
-Faster jump (like, fox speed)
-Faster start up on Dair, it should act like the Knee.
-Increased Speed/Hitstun/KB on jolts.
Even with these changes, Pichu would still sit below Ness :awesome:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I think you'll find that Pichu jumps equally as fast as Fox, btw...
the startup is the same as fox, Pichu doesn't fall as fast/rise as quickly.
I'm talking about the speed of the jump itself, not of the startup.

also, with my buffs, Pichu would be pretty good...
Mainly invincibility during upB, giving Pichu much safer options from the ledge, out of shield, and just moving around the stage.
I do like ness though.
He's so fun to play, but I can't recover with him :x

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
YO! serious discussion time:

so what do you guys think of u/dthrow->Dsmash near the ledge (facing in, so it sends the opponent off stage)
Its a pretty damn boss mixup. Since most people expect an upsmash or something, they don't DI it correctly and it does this little semi-spike type thing.
It'll actually wreck some characters like Crappy Falcs and Ganon who don't recover well from under the stage and it almost always sets up gimps on other characters.
At higher percents it will send people pretty far too... like.. not even possible to recover from far.
Only problem is that it only works at low percent on the super floaties, and its not safe then, so I'm thinking you could Fthrow and chase it with dash canceled Dsmash at higher percents, which would be pretty cool, but Usmash would usually be better, but I could see it messing with mario or something.

anyways, mess around with it and give me your thoughts. Not saying it should replace Usmash, just that its an interesting mixup.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
gonna go back and play melee with people on saturday, will give that a shot

b-throw > tjolt is still the best thing tho

whenever I get it with Pikachu in P:M I yell out "PICHU COMBO!"

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
OH MAH GAH! ACTIVITY :'D

Yea I stumbled upon ravelord's pichu awhile ago, he's aight. All he does is nair tho. But its cool cuz nair is the best move.

But he always makes me mad because he doesn't grab enough.
And pichu can **** falcon from a grab.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
He's not the worst.
He just doesn't really know anything about the character, but who can blame him?
Not many people put time into pichu, lol.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Then don't miss. You have plenty of ways of getting grabs.

If your opponent is bad, fair->grab is easy as hell.

On people who aren't horrible, Nair->grab and uair-> grab work fine.

You can force people into the air with jolts and then get under them and uair/utilt/usmash-> grab

You can even jolt->grab

Also dair->grab works on CC.

You can also shield grab falcon with proper shield DI.

Bing

Smash Master
Dear highly inactive Pichu players. Just wanted to let you know that my Pichu is back. Started playing again and won my only money match against a Doc main 3-1. Including a 3 stock in the final game on Dreamland.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Funzies. I legitimately havent seen you on the boards since like... Impulse .-.

Still playin the entire cast?

Bing

Smash Master
heh, I didnt go on the boards much after Impulse. I was super pissed about my performance and some other things that involved impulse such as my pool. I didnt play until about mid august. I lost all love for smash. But I got bored, picked the controller back up and went back at it harder then ever. I do sort of still play the entire cast. But I only practice Falco and Fox. Oh, and Sheik. Like, I won a Zelda(me) vs Mewtwo money match yesterday(2-0). and another Pichu vs Doc (3-0).

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Nice. Sometimes you just need to take a break from the game to really improve.
I know my own improvement slowed down over the summer, then I was kinda forced to take a break because I traveled around germany and when I came back I switched mains and have been improving faster than ever.

I don't use pichu all that often anymore, but still a decent bit of fox and a LOT of ICs. Im also way more technical now.

Bing

Smash Master
Hmm, thats good I suppose, I remember watching a video of your Pichu and Fox a few months ago(okay like 8) and I really wasnt impressed, good to hear you're making improvements though.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol. CGs don't make much of a difference once I play people long enough.
I should probably stop telling them how to escape them....

Bing

Smash Master
Yeah actually it did. He still won 3-1. But they were all pretty close matches. Im still pretty happy.

I also 3-0'd a doc main in a Pichu vs Doc MM. Gotta love Forward Smash on Doc's trying to sweetspot the ledge.

Top Bottom