• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
is there a trick to the pikachu mu? i tend to have more trouble with that one than other ones. i dont usually ask about uncommon mu's but i guess i'll have to learn the mu sometime. i dont think i can out camp pika. any advice for this mu at all?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Okay something I might try out some time: bdacus, but charge the usmash instead. Diddy slides really far while crouched down (since he's charging usmash), maybe use it to go under Falco's lasers to approach him. He might be able to still hit us with lasers though, IDK something I just randomly thought of that might help a bit.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm training at random techniques because I lack opponents right now.
These are on my to do list, some are pretty fun :
-dtilt with banana
-zdrop while edgehogging
-double reverse popgun cancel to fake approaches
-special K (edgeguard with downB)
-SDI and dodge drop (invicibombing) used together to punish new stuff
-powershield to SNL

Player-1

Smash Legend
new control scheme for me, I had default with tap jump off, x set to grab, and l set to jump. I'm switching Z to attack to make charge bdacus easier

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
my biggest problem with this character is item control. although i do okay with bad item control (beat bad players and go even with decent players), when it comes to good players that know the mu i usually get shut down. well not shut down but im not doing as well as i should. how could i practice my item game offline when im not at a tournament?

Vega4

Smash Ace
First, you have to practice all the tech skill, once you master all that in training mode, just play a lot, and I mean A LOT. Play for hours (at least one hour every day) vs anybody, wifi (wifi sucks for Diddy, but is better than nothing...), cpu, your little sister, and make sure thar you are using all the item tech and tricks that you learned in training mode.
Watch videos of top players and try to understand why they use items the way they use em, and try to use item that way. Make sure that you are watching videos of differnt style of players (ADHD, Gnes, Player-1, Zinoto), to learn different things.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Keitaro said that Felix is going to be in Sktar 2. It would be great to have a lot of Diddys there. Zinoto and Player 1 are going to be there?

It would be great if Gnes did it too. If someone could talk to him...

Edited.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Great, it's great to have a lot of Diddys there :)

I'd love to be there, but I can't do it now. Someday I will be in a big tournament in the US.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I have a set vs esam up from last week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjsfAkYRB2o&list=PLABXYNrrhtBec1GV2M-CU-dT7UeAx_cYA&index=4

game 1 stock 2 everything went wrong for me, I hoped that banana would keep me safe from chain grabs, but it disappeared right before he got there and then that horrible DI from that fmsash that clipped me. Game 2 I SDed first stock then misclick got me grabbed, but I had a pretty awesome almost comeback i was pretty happy about :)

edit: oh and I have some friendlies from reflex up on that channel on the same playlist if anyone wants to watch, but they were just friendlies where I was just trying to practice getting the new wario infinite the whole match so it's not really a good representation of anything

Vega4

Smash Ace
I just watched it. Last match was interesting, too bad that beast mode was interrupted like that lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Feels like your tendencies for using an aerial or air dodging are kinda predictable.
You tend to disrupt what you're doing flow wise and start retreating when you aerial or go in when you want to air dodge.
I think you trying to land into people all the time is a problem too.
And if I ever see you b-reverse gun, it's like a 100% chance you're going to side b after it >.>

I ain't seeing any conscious attempts for powershielding.

Stall your aerials more often.
You get a dash attack off and you immediately jump fair/bair. You get the free jump. If you wait a bit, especially against bad characters, you get the time to move in slightly and fast fall aerials (giving your more follow up advantages afterwards).

Giving up your banana so you can aerial would be a smarter choice in several occasions (rather than trying to throw a banana at someone on a platform, who's like... always going to do a defensive option). You get the free jump. You get the time to z drop the banana and a really well spaced fair or uair or something.

Really impressive set ups for your infinites you got going now. Very very scary.

Count

Smash Champion
Bumping this because the only board deader than ours is the Samus board. And I don't even play this game anymore.

Somebody give Wyatt some hype!

Edit: And Zinoto too. Wyatt wins and Zinoto only loses to Wyatt. Diddy >>>>>

Top Bottom