• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
1st question, play moar, take a look at ur mistakes, the general **** you do w/ every character.

2nd question, the tourneys I've been too. Seen a lot of cool ****, lots of good ****.

3rd question, well that depends on your control scheme :p . But for real, go play someone good as get ****ing pounded and I'm sure you'll get in the habit of shielded and attacking out of shield. ;o

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
This has probably been addressed many times before in this thread, but I can't be bothered to look through 100+ pages, which I'd normally do:

How does one/what can one do to better his/her Peach?

As this is a rather vague question, how about:

What event/person/discovery helped you overcome any plateaus [that I'm assuming that at least some of you/that I'm not the only one ;-;] have faced as Peach?

Feel free to answer both, either or not at all.

I ask this because I feel that I have reached a plateau [not a very tall one at that :/] and wonder what I can do about it, or what you guys have done during your Peaching experience :O

Please and Thank You :3

side note: how does one 'learn to shield'? D: I've never learned to incorporate it into my gameplay during 64 and the few, few times I've played melee, so this has carried over into brawl as well. Any attempts of me trying ends up in me using it for the times I try, then to forget about it as I play at any other time. The few times I do get a shield in is because I failed to dodge >___>;;
@ side note: to shield, one presses either the button labeled "R" or "L"

lol

make a habit of it, it will save your soul.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What is our answer to MK's glide attack?

Bair works, no?

We SDI upwards against the tornado, right?

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
Double post.

How can I improve the OP? (Maybe an FAQ?)
Yeah create a FAQ and also post examples of what you should and shouldn't post here. (I.E. Dont ask "h0w d0 1 b3tt3r w1th p33chz//?/" Do ask "Could you please give me advice on my current play style(s)?")

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
HUH.. um

Concerning peaches bair and nair how do u get both hits of the moves to connect. I only did it a couple like 3 or 4 times while practicing her bair trap.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
All character chatrooms have been closed. Every single one of them. Hell, the Peach Chatroom was lucky in that it wasn't closed before - I know for a fact that other chatrooms were closed and told 'no character chatrooms allowed' whilst the Peach Chatroom was still left open. I don't know why because it was really easy to spot (it was even entitled 'Peach Chatroom' for crying out loud)

If you all feel so strongly about it getting re opened, speak to Edreese and then speak to Xsyven or Hylian (lolnamedropping) who have been closing them. I really don't reccomend it though. Whilst our chatroom was no where near as bad as a certain other one I know of, I really don't see the point in us trying to campaign to keep it open since other character boards will complain and it will be a lot more hassle than it is worth

It was good whilst it lasted and props to TigerWoods, the original creator who put a lot of hard work into it, especially the front page which looked very nice indeed. Here's to Peach *toast*

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It's incredible what name-dropping can do :D amiriteXsyven? (Come on Hylian, don't disappoint me now :O)

Ok, real time question to all of you Peach mains (I'm addressing you all here). Is it me or is Peach's lower offstage game near to the point of being utter garbage?

She does really well against people who are above her/same level as her when offstage thanks to her float but I can't help but feel that if your opponent is below you, there is very little you can do. Peach's aerials all come out fast and have great priority but they all last such a long time that falling down with one leaves you very open to killing yourself thanks to her poor vertical recovery. Dair is useless the majority of the time because it sends your opponent up. Turnip gimping is an option yes. But in a world where people can fly, glide, jump multiple times, hang off polo mints, bounce off springs, use jetpacks, launch themselves into people and do all kinds of funky jazz for recovery, it just doesn't seem as good. Turnips are only really useful against characters with bad recovery but there's very few good (and quite a few bad) characters who have that kind of problem. Infact, the large majority of the time, it helps their recovery. I have yet to see any Peach go low down off stage like other characters to try and gimp someone and I can't help but feel that is a disadvantage peach may suffer from

Even if you do go down low, you then have the problem of getting back up (not helped by her dodge vertical recovery) and that puts you in the bad position if you fail to gimp your opponent

My point is, if someone goes low down to recover, what do you guys think Peach can actually successfully and consistantly do for a sucessful gimp before her opponent grabs the ledge and takes advantage of ledge invincibility frames?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
My point is, if someone goes low down to recover, what do you guys think Peach can actually successfully and consistantly do for a sucessful gimp before her opponent grabs the ledge and takes advantage of ledge invincibility frames?
I remember someone in here claiming that Peach was the best edgehogger because she can stay near the edge by floating and then grab the edge the minute the opponent tries to recover so the invincibility frames would protect her and not get hurt in the process. You could try that perhaps.

You could try to foot stool them, although I wouldn't really recomend it.

Also, did anyone else notice that on almost all of the character chat rooms that Hylian closed that he mentioned spam in it, but not ours?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
That's because ours was very much ontopic the majority of the time

However, the problem is that if all of chatrooms are closed and ours isn't, there will be complaints (I'm surprised there wasn't earlier actually) and people will start complaining and say that we're getting preferential treatment

Back on track, yes you can do that but the majority of the time, they'll make it back onto the stage...and what do you do then since you're stuck on the ledge. You've used up your Float so you can't insta float back onto the ledge. I suppose you could jump up and Fair them but that sends them right over to the other side of the stage, somewhere you don't want them to be

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well you can try to mindgame them by letting go of the stage and double jumping back on. I normally find that jumping is my best option although it can be punished a lot if you use it too much. Also, you could let go of the edge and keep sweetspotting it with the Parasol since the very tip of the Parasol pokes through the stage it could hit them in the process of grabbing the ledge.

That's pretty much all I can think of :/

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
that's just another one of her disadvantages I guess.

with everything else that she's got going for her, I suppose SOMETHING had to be not so great.

just stay near the top of the ledge, or on the stage near the ledge, and see what you can do there, it's the safest option and punishing a ledge recovery is one thing peach does best.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
This is the best way to gimp low fliers.

Drop off the edge and hug it, then drop down into a float. now try to hit them with B-Air, F-air or N-air

Most people will use their jump to avoid this attack by jumping over it, this is where you use your second jump to do another aerial attack. Jumping into N-air works so effectively because the hitbox lasts very long, and it lasts all around you, even behind you (so if they jump behind you, they'll still get hit) Whether it misses or hits *does not matter*. Straight after you do this aerial you MUST Toad to get a vertical bounce, then go straight for the ledge with the parasol.

It works trust me. You've got to be aggressive. Most characters do not have the time to airdodge or else they will die. So the idea is to kill the 2nd or 3rd jumps that they have then go straight for the ledge. Float gives us some unprecedented edgeguarding capabilities.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's incredible what name-dropping can do :D amiriteXsyven? (Come on Hylian, don't disappoint me now :O)

Ok, real time question to all of you Peach mains (I'm addressing you all here). Is it me or is Peach's lower offstage game near to the point of being utter garbage?

She does really well against people who are above her/same level as her when offstage thanks to her float but I can't help but feel that if your opponent is below you, there is very little you can do. Peach's aerials all come out fast and have great priority but they all last such a long time that falling down with one leaves you very open to killing yourself thanks to her poor vertical recovery. Dair is useless the majority of the time because it sends your opponent up. Turnip gimping is an option yes. But in a world where people can fly, glide, jump multiple times, hang off polo mints, bounce off springs, use jetpacks, launch themselves into people and do all kinds of funky jazz for recovery, it just doesn't seem as good. Turnips are only really useful against characters with bad recovery but there's very few good (and quite a few bad) characters who have that kind of problem. Infact, the large majority of the time, it helps their recovery. I have yet to see any Peach go low down off stage like other characters to try and gimp someone and I can't help but feel that is a disadvantage peach may suffer from

Even if you do go down low, you then have the problem of getting back up (not helped by her dodge vertical recovery) and that puts you in the bad position if you fail to gimp your opponent

To me it is great, I usually go down there, hit them, they die, and I make it back. I don't find it hard to do.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Any tips against Link?
Ok, I used link against you cause I saw this post. here is YOUR problem:

When I first played you, you were aggressive And I then told you, that you need to learn how to play defensive. A few days or weeks later you started too. But in a bad way. You rely TOO much on tournaments. then when one shuts it down and gets in your face, you can't fight them well. You have this habbit of picking them up at the wrong time. I can tell when you will get one. So I would just chase you, and then you would just stop and get a turnip. That's a free attack/grab for me.

You became kinda campy, and thats why I told you the other day that I figured you out and what you was doing. Her camping is not really all that and not hard to get through. And with that you leave these habits behind that I can punish. Thats why you don't do so well when I just go all aggressive on you. I get in your face and you can't depend on turnips much at all, and if you just to get one, you usually do it at the wrong time.

And another thing. You would also approach me with Floating Dairs, and what I would do is hit you from the slides. You are left open when you do that, and your air speed when floating is kinda slow. Also you do it when getting launched, and comming down......when I am not near you, thats why I threw bombs at you and boomberang. You leave yourself open and you will hit the bomb, or you can't air dodge.cause you are dairing and you just get hit. Dair when flying does NOTHING at all to your momentum. you Dairing while comming down the way YOU do, you are gonna get hit easy with projectiles.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now as for link. You are gonna have to bring a lil more of an aggresive game to cut down his projectile use. Don't stay in one place for long. You will just be shielding his projectiles and your shield getting eating. And you would need your shield for upclose combat. Don't rely on turnips or get them at the wrong time. You will just be helping link hit you with projectiles.

Also Limit your floating too, he can take you down easy with projectiles/sword and hook. Having a good ground game is recommended.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Thanks Dark. I was finding it pretty ironic that you used him and challenged me near after I posted that lol. Yeah, I have a lot of habits. I try to be defensive but I dont know how. So I just Turnip camp and try to look for an opening when possible. But meh.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yeah I didnt know what he meant by I really too much on tournaments lol.
Im going to assume he meant Turnips?
Year turnips, don't know where tournament game from. I just have this big one in my mind thats gonna happen next week so yea.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So I have an idea.

You know how Jigglypuff and Fox have their drills to rest/usmash?

Here's what I'm speculating: falling dair to usmash.

Using/not using the final hit of the dair to pop them upwards. Thoughts?

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Here's what I'm speculating: falling dair to usmash.

Using/not using the final hit of the dair to pop them upwards. Thoughts?
Hm. Couldn't they SDI themselves out of it? I've seen someone try this on me like one or two days ago, cant remember who but it never worked :/.

Haha one time I pulled off a Jab > Hyphen Usmash.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I've done some testing for you, both in Training Mode and against lvl 9 CPUS on Vs mode...it's that best I can get right now

Three hit Dair ---> Up Smash is not going to happen. The reason Fox/Jigglypuff can pull of that kind of stuff with their Dairs is

1. The attacks they follow up with are very fast, almost instant. Peach's Up Smash isn't

2. Their Dair specifically forces the opponent to be 'drilled' down into the ground. Peach's doesn't do that

It's a nice idea but the only thing I managed to afterwards was get a jab and F Tilt in when I landed...it depended on whether the opponent was on the ground or in the air. On the ground, the CPU seemed to perfect shield jab/F Tilt most of the time

Up Smash though, isn't fast enough from my tests :/ Sorry

And Meno, those dancing bloopers in your sig are hilarious xD

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I don't think it does because your opponent can use their fastest attack/shield before you can get an Up Smash/Up Tilt in

I can go test more and if someone gives me video proof of an offline match where it happens then I'll reconsider but so far, I'm not convinced it's a way Peach can reliably get Up Smash/Up Tilt hits in

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Guess you are one of the few that don't think it can work. Now I gotta look throw my vids and see where I did it. But you can do it. Your ****ting them while you are falling, and they are going up a small distance or stay in place. Then with your attack being auto canceled, you can do another attack right after. That's how fox can still do his Dair to Upsmash/jab/grab if they don't even touch the floor after the attack is down.

Her down air sends you upward a lil and has lil knockback. And even though the hit stun of her dair is not much, it still gives you enough time to land the attacks. only problem with this is that sometimes they can jump out of it before you can hit with an upsmash. This is why uptilt is better and nearly connects all the time. Even if they jump it has big hit box and range. And it is fast enough to catch them before they can escape the the hit box area.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Right...I've done more testing

Up Smash...it can work...but Up Smash will only really hit if your opponent messes up/does something slow/doesn't mash buttons to attack back. Otherwise, Up Smash will very very rarely work in my cases

Jabbing your opponent out of a three hit falling Dair and ground floated Dair is perfectly legit and works. F Tilt/Up Tilt can be shielded though if your opponent is fast so I wouldn't reccomend it

For the record, in my experience, the first hits of Dair don't send you anywhere, it's only the final hit that has knockback (someone correct me on this one if I'm wrong)

And if you're going to try and single me out by telling me I am one of the only 'non believers' to pressurise me into thinking I'm wrong, then sorry to disappoint you but it won't work. Unless you or anyone else has proper proof or evidence that suggests otherwise, three hit Dair ---> Up Smash/Up Tilt/(to a certain extent F Tilt) is not a reliable way to land these moves. Jab after a three hit Dair works fine

Top Bottom