• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
oh, letting go of the beam sword does the trick then?

k another question comes to mind (dayam i'm so inquisitive today). Lets say you're floating and you know for sure you spacing is just gonna be bad if u try to fair. would it then be a good idea to try to fair anyway but land behind the opponent since they'll probably be look to atk oos or shield grab and then own them w/ a good follow-up like fsmash, turnaround jab grab or sumtin? i never tried it but it sounds like something that cud work. =o
if you try to fair your opponent, but land behind them then won't you just get punished?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think a smart move might be to nair, or not attack at all and DI away from your opponent. You probably don't want to fair because you'll get punished, and why not just air dodge through it and land and then do the follow-up attack?

Ok, I have a question. First of all, theres that one thing thing Peach does where she pulls a turnip and slides. (Sorry, I don't know what it's called.) I noticed that doing a d-tilt and the pulling a turnip immediatly after always makes me do that. (slide back in the sliding-turnip thing) I don't B-stick either, this is just with the default GC controller set-up. The only thing that I changed was grab as Y and turned off tap jump. Is this known?

Now, kind of relating to this, I was doing that and for some random reason I decided to keep d-tilting. With my back directly against the sandbag, I d-tilted several times and I slid back a LITTLE bit. I then tried d-tilting with different timing and I slid back, about 2 times more then the turnip-sliding thing. Just wondering if any of this is known, because I would like to make a thread on it if it's not known/old. Thank you.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Just wondering if any of this is known, because I would like to make a thread on it if it's not known/old. Thank you.
:p Yep, we all know of the dtilt lurch thing. At least once a month someone guy comes screaming into the boards with their new "discovery."

Congrats on breaking the norm and asking us first.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
if you try to fair your opponent, but land behind them then won't you just get punished?
if they c it coming I guess but who would really c that coming anyway? plus, the fair would autocancel and I can just follow up easily coz Peach has some pretty fast attacks (fsmash, turnaround jab, dsmash). I've just never tried this though so I wanna get some input on this. ne1 else?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Difference between sourspotting and unsweetspotting?
I think there's three levels to the hitboxes on the upsmash:

:urg: (Ugh) The sourspot

:ohwell: (Meh) The unsweetpot

:colorful: (WTFROLF) The sweetspot

Each killing at different percents.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I thought about it autocanceling. In that case it could work, but why risk a maneuver like that when there are so many other options?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
if they c it coming I guess but who would really c that coming anyway? plus, the fair would autocancel and I can just follow up easily coz Peach has some pretty fast attacks (fsmash, turnaround jab, dsmash). I've just never tried this though so I wanna get some input on this. ne1 else?
Well there are lot's of things you could do, but it just depends on what you want to do to them and the place you are in the stage. If they're at a low percent, and same with you, I would probably try to autocancel the Fair or float and Dair. (If they're on the ground, probably shielding) If you autocancel the Fair, then you could follow-up with a grab to U-tilt, or something similar.

If you're both at a medium percentage, try to Nair or Dair, you may even want to DI away since they probably want to hit you at this point.

If you're both in killing percentages, I wouldn't try to Fair, maybe play it safe and DI away, if you have a turnip you could drop it with Z, then float and possibly go for a Fair at that point.
(It sounds a lot better when you think about it then when you actually do it I bet)

And thanks for the clarification on the sliding stuff. I always ask the Q&A threads before trying to post the supposed 'new' discoveries. :laugh:

Ok, so with the sandbag thing I said, what uses are there for that? I mean it seems like you can't do anything with it...maybe on teams?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ok, so with the sandbag thing I said, what uses are there for that? I mean it seems like you can't do anything with it...maybe on teams?
Overall, the dtilt lurch thing has proven to be kinda worthless. Though, I can't remember who first suggested it, a dtilt lurch to an fsmash sometimes comes out as a surprise and can hit.

I can't pull it off, so I wouldn't know. :laugh:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I was facing opposite to my opponent one time. He was Wario

He jumped forward and tried to Dair me. I used D Tilt and Peach lurched underneath him, ducked (that's what happens to begin with when you first initiate an Up Smash) and I Up Smashed him. It killed him

It was golden I tell you xD

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I think I found a new tech or trick for peach. I'm not sure though. When you do a short dash, like quickily tapping left or right on the analog stick, you can trick your opponent by hitting A after the animation of dashing. This will cause peach to lurch forward and do her dash attack. If she's holding a turnip she can dash throw in the same way. Again I not sure if this is new but I thought you might like to know.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone thought of this yet? When dashing, if you insta-float and let go (really quickly) your momentum will stop and you can do any attack. It could be an alternative to Crouch canceling, which would/could be interesting.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Has anyone thought of this yet? When dashing, if you insta-float and let go (really quickly) your momentum will stop and you can do any attack. It could be an alternative to Crouch canceling, which would/could be interesting.
Or you could insta-float into a Fair! :colorful: OMG WTF BBQ > 9000

I'm not really sure.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is how I play defensive:

If one is agressive, I usually let them throw the first punch and take it from there. Don't approach alot and use turnips to slow them down for always wanting to attack me so much. Then force them to make a mistake and punish them for it.

Learn to watch and read people in matches instead of always wanting to hit them. Lot's of Peach players these days are aggressive. And this is why I play defensive. Well my Peach is the defensive type in general but yea.

I taught Rowan how to play defensive. he was an agressive Peach. After I taught him, he was able to get wins off me and he could not do that before.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Thanks. Its just a bad habit I have. Whenever my opponent doesnt approach me I just go in for the charge. Do you think that maybe we can Brawl sometime today and you could possibly give me some pointers? Please?
Also that Peach tournament is today so that's part of the reason Im asking.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks. Its just a bad habit I have. Whenever my opponent doesnt approach me I just go in for the charge. Do you think that maybe we can Brawl sometime today and you could possibly give me some pointers? Please?
Also that Peach tournament is today so that's part of the reason Im asking.
Ok, I can help you. Just say when.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Lol approaching with a Dsmash would be funny.
Well using Dash Pivot Cancel to approach with D-Smash is actually really useful, since your opponent gets hit by the back part of d-smash, and you slide away from the opponent, it sucks them in really well, and if it hits their shield it eats a lot more than normal and you don't have to worry about any lag time. Though the lack of shield stun COULD leave you punished.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
Well using Dash Pivot Cancel to approach with D-Smash is actually really useful, since your opponent gets hit by the back part of d-smash, and you slide away from the opponent, it sucks them in really well, and if it hits their shield it eats a lot more than normal and you don't have to worry about any lag time. Though the lack of shield stun COULD leave you punished.
I'll try that in a match as a suprise approach. ****, peach is versatile.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
OKAY

I need to know how you people are doing this because, I swear I'm doing it wrong.

Some characters fmash launches you horizontally to the left. WHAT DO YOU DO TO AVOID DYING?

I'm assuming:

Mash uair, then tap the control stick toward the right top corner. Maybe Peach Bomber some reason...?

For a vertical launch:

Mash dair, then tap control stick toward bottom left/right corner. Then maybe PB again...?

God I'm lost today.

Villi

Smash Lord
DI is inputting a direction on your joystick as soon as you're hit by an attack. That's before you up air. After you up air, you should be using your aerial influence to direct yourself back on stage, not closer to the blast zone.

Moves have a base trajectory that they'll send you in if you don't DI. You can alter this trajectory by inputting a direction as soon as you're hit by an attack. You alter the trajectory by the maximum amount by inputting a direction that is perpendicular to the base trajectory. If you are sent left, your input should be up. If you are sent up, your direction should be left or right. This will increase the distance you have to travel before you reach the blast zone. You generally want to be sent up at a 45* angle, which just happens to send you in the general direction of a stage corner.

Good DI for moves varies. Generally, good DI is up and behind your opponent (which is diagonal to the right if you are being sent left). Bad DI is also a possibility (that's most DI involving a downward input). G&W is an example of a character whose moves are very difficult to DI effectively. Try it yoself. Often enough, trying to DI will kill you at an earlier percent than if you didn't DI at all (using dair and aerial influence after being hit isn't included).

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
nice!! i need to learn more peach techs...
There aren't that many peach techs. Remember, this is brawl. :p

Edit: by the way I have a question. I use Fair a lot. Should I be saving it for killing? I use it for pretty much anything really; spacing, mind games, ending a combo that Nair/uair/bair wouldn't. I usually get my kills from a nair, bair, fsmash, usmash and fair. However my fair starts staling and won't kill (reliably) until about 140%. I always manage to get the kill, but im wondering if it would be easier if I were to just save it. I tried doing it in one game against my friend; however my range felt so limited so i went back to my (beloved) fair.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Edit: by the way I have a question. I use Fair a lot. Should I be saving it for killing? I use it for pretty much anything really; spacing, mind games, ending a combo that Nair/uair/bair wouldn't. I usually get my kills from a nair, bair, fsmash, usmash and fair. However my fair starts staling and won't kill (reliably) until about 140%. I always manage to get the kill, but im wondering if it would be easier if I were to just save it. I tried doing it in one game against my friend; however my range felt so limited so i went back to my (beloved) fair.
I dont save my Fair anymore. There really isnt no point. Peach will still have a hard time KOing opponents. To me her really strenght is killing people outside the stage with floating aerials, etc.

Fair is a great spacing tool, you dont have to worry about hitting a sheild with it because sheilds dont have any effect on decaying. They're great to use for sheild pressure (SH Fair> Jab> Grab, etc).

I generally get my KOs the same way you do.

Top Bottom