• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The other Hip-Hop discussion thread *kuz attempting to make unbiased things is hard*

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's good you have L and Pun as top tier.

I can't put LL Cool J in the same group as Ghostface and Mos though.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
LL Cool J is scrub tier. Get that trash out of here.

Also Pre 2001 Lil Wayne was actually very good. Then he started trippin balls all day every day and forgot how to rap.

Also K-OS is above average, I dont see how you forgot T.I., Lupe, Mannie Fresh, Jeezy, Nate Dogg, Pharrell, DMX, and Kanye.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
LL Cool J is scrub tier. Get that trash out of here.

Also Pre 2001 Lil Wayne was actually very good. Then he started trippin balls all day every day and forgot how to rap.

Also K-OS is above average, I dont see how you forgot T.I., Lupe, Mannie Fresh, Jeezy, Nate Dogg, Pharrell, DMX, and Kanye.
I don't think he's finished lol.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lol at easy e
i mean he's part of a legendary group

but he was one of the worst rappers of all time

"Being a gangsta is so neat!"

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
This is a bunch of old school ****, and not all the best are up there. But i can tell you right now the top up n coming. (in my preferential order)

1.) Kid Cudi
2.) Wiz Khalifa
2b.) Chamillionaire
3.) Wale
4.) Drake
5.)Curren$y
6.)B.o.B

and that's about it for now...that top 4 is crazzzy though. And overall i think cudi wrecks the most cause his **** is mindblowing! And not to mention he's doing a track with MGMT!...produced by RATATAT OMFG!!!!!!!!!

insta-***.

EDIT*

I checked the list again and it's atrocious...and you from atlanta come on now. You might as well have gucci mane up there and all the people that made stanky leg and all those other dumb *** "dance" songs

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Not having lupe fiasco on there is ridiculous the guy is a master already lol and ghostface killah is part of the main core of wu-tang clan.
And Jay-Z has been a legend for a while, but also I'm glad to see you have big l as a legend as well. You should have just put blackstar (talib kweli and mos def) as a group together as masters, with mos def definitely being the better of the two lol

But this list is all opinion so it doesn't matter what any of us thinks individually because everyone has different tastes. lol

T3h Albino

Smash Master
lol @ none of you realizing that i was literally rushed out the door while i was doing this. Im glad you guys are contributing though. Will finish tommorow as im very tired.

FYI lupe is my favorite rapper atm and has been for awhile ;B

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
This is a bunch of old school ****, and not all the best are up there. But i can tell you right now the top up n coming. (in my preferential order)

1.) Kid Cudi
2.) Wiz Khalifa
2b.) Chamillionaire
3.) Wale
4.) Drake
5.)Curren$y
6.)B.o.B
Wow, at thinking Chamillionaire is an "up n coming" artist. By the by, J. Cole is that dude. I suggest ya'll check his new mixtape, The Warm Up.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
ohmygosh gtfo ;B

anyway i want this to be the ATLANTIC SOUTH'S opinion on a rap tier list so gimme your opinions gais ;B

IDK what to think of kanye i loved the album Late Resgistration *one of my favorite albums* but as of late he's really been ****ing up. There's also DMX *fell off*. ?????

T3h Albino

Smash Master
So i guess this is only American rap.
No no no input whoever you'd like
MF DOOM was born in England and is a recognized International artist but he's stil hella good lol. And also i remember listening to a guy Kano i beleive his name was who was also a very talented European artist.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Wow, at thinking Chamillionaire is an "up n coming" artist. By the by, J. Cole is that dude. I suggest ya'll check his new mixtape, The Warm Up.
I don't mean up-n-coming like i just heard about him, shiiiiiit i have all his mixtape messiash, all his albums all co-lab mixtapes dude is mad dope but on terms on what they play on the radio,thats some corporate indutrsy rap the type of his **** that his label don't want him to make you know which is why he makes the mixtapes in the first place. And which is also why people like Cudi wised up and made they're own label (Dream On), why khalifa left Warner Bros. and is still affiliated with Rostrum Records, and why Curren$y owns Fly Society. And oh yeah my fault on forgetting Lupe, he is amazing too.

Have you guys heard of Turbo from youtube? His wordplay is phenomenal...phenomenal! i know most of you guys aren't too diversified in your guys music choices (granted i know alot about rap/hip-hop but fav groups include MGMT, Daft Punk, Ratatat) but go check him out he has songs about street fighter chraracters. Dude is too sick, i highly suggest downloading his mixtapes.

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
This tier list is pretty spec.

However, I vote that Soulja Boy tell 'em should have his own tier- "LOL : )" tier. JUST SAYING

:):):)

ANYWAY I'M LEAVING

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Why is ghostface killah not included with the main core of wu-tang clan? lol I still don't get that and lupe fiasco definitely needs to be a master, and will eventually be a legend. De La Soul should definitely be put up as masters as well. Just some others for you to think about as putting in the masters group is Gangstarr and AZ.

Honestly, this list will not please everyone and is a very hard thing to do, but it is fun to try as many before us have such as Vibe and that only pissed everyone off lol.
P.S. Mannie Fresh and Wiz Khalifa make some good songs, but their wordplay, especially Mannie Fresh, is nothing but average. Nate Dogg also has no business on a rap tier list. lol

T3h Albino

Smash Master
^that
i added lupe but did manage to forget de la soul and AZ
never heard gangstar and no lajin wayne is not a master
if anything he's at the very bottom of above average. and **** vibe they're scrubs ;Bi guess i could just take ghostface off and just leave wu tang on there
soulja boi is in the soulja boi tier

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Ghostface killah did a concert at Tech one time. I had never heard him so I seized the opportunity.

From what I heard all he raps about is food, his songs were all about ice cream and hamburgers and ****.

I cannot decide if that makes him terrible or amazing.

fav rappers:

1. T.I.
2. Ludacris
3. Young Buck
4. Andre 3000
5. Eminem
6.B.G.
7. Kanye West
8. Gucci Mane
9.Young Jeezy
10.Gorilla Zoe

Honorable Mentions:
Soulja Boy
Yo Gotti
G-Unit (Old G unit)
Shawty Lo
Jody Breeze

Legends:
2pac
Biggie
Ice Cube
Eazy E
Dr Dre
LL cool J
Jay-z
Nas
Big daddy kane

Need to burn in hell rap
GS boyz
the ******* who wrote nasty song
and other rappers who make silly *** dumb song that make rap look bad

T3h Albino

Smash Master
fav rappers:

1. T.I.
2. Ludacris
3. Young Buck
4. Andre 3000
5. Eminem
6.B.G.
7. Kanye West
8. Gucci Mane
9.Young Jeezy
10.Gorilla Zoe

Honorable Mentions:
Soulja Boy
Yo Gotti
G-Unit (Old G unit)
Shawty Lo
Jody Breeze

Legends:
2pac
Biggie
Ice Cube
Eazy E
Dr Dre
LL cool J
Jay-z
Nas
Big daddy kane

Need to burn in hell rap
GS boyz
the ******* who wrote nasty song
and other rappers who make silly *** dumb song that make rap look bad
the fact that there is no big l on your legends list makes me want to hit you upside the head with a bat ;B
puns not there either :OOOO

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
P.S. Mannie Fresh and Wiz Khalifa make some good songs, but their wordplay, especially Mannie Fresh, is nothing but average. Nate Dogg also has no business on a rap tier list. lol
Wiz khalifas music is crazy high or not. As for mannie fresh he's more producer-esque he don't bother no one no one bothers him his **** is old school and acceptable by everyone he'd be in whatever category Timberland would be in but a step above cause he mainly produes.

But back on wiz khalifa his wordplay is phenomenal. You can't go off what you hear on the radio his mixtapes are crazyyy!

Top Bottom