• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The other Hip-Hop discussion thread *kuz attempting to make unbiased things is hard*

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Higher than masters? he's not a legend yet but **** doom is hella good.
I haven't started ordering the people yet though.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Oh no problem albino that was directed at thegreatkazoo and his crazy ideas about kanye lol Please don't put diddy in any category besides average because he really has no ****ing skill lol
I have no problems with Kanye--I am just saying that accident had a lot to do with his success.

And why the hells isn't Jay Dee (aka Jay Dilla) not on the Masters list? :confused:

shalom

Smash Journeyman
I have no problems with Kanye--I am just saying that accident had a lot to do with his success.

And why the hells isn't Jay Dee (aka Jay Dilla) not on the Masters list? :confused:
The accident really had a minimal impact on his success lol Yeah he recorded a great song afterwards, but that's all. Kanye West would definitely have been big without that song. Even after his accident he had to pay for all his own recordings and videos because Jay-Z wouldn't take him seriously until he forced him to listen to it. A guy like Kanye West would have been big no matter what it was just a matter of time before he blew up and got recognized. His personality and perseverance, while they can be annoying, are a big part of why he is successful. lol

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Well im all for listening to the publics opinion. I like papoose as an Emcee, but i just don't really know if hed be considered an above average MC. Same for pharell *though im leaning towards putting pharell in above average*

DUB

Smash Lord
How in the world is Em in Masters? He's below Soulja Boy. Kanye/Jeezy/Lupe all atleast above average.

Gucci Mane La Flare. Da Legend.

Wiz Khalifa is above average too.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Infinite - 1996 - "Backstabber"

Verse 1:
There's a joker on the loose from the psychiatric ward
His face is up on the bulletin board with a reward
He'll stab you with a sword don't be fooled by his charm
He's probably armed with intent to do bodily harm
Ring the alarm, look for a man with green hair
Check at your girl's house, he was last seen there
He's has a mean stare but usually crack's jokes
Good luck on your mission and guard your backs folks

Verse 2:
We got the walkie-talkies to keep us all informed
Suited up head to toe in detective uniforms
Our unit storms in, we split the ghetto in sectors
Locking down every block and put up metal detectors
Protectors and be sure that you stand close
Watch each others backs and guard your command post
And most of all be advised that he's wise
He could be disguised as one of your very own guys...

DUB, Em is nasty.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Pssh Backstabber isn't anywhere near his nastiest stuff. Em has WAY iller stuff.

Try these for RIDICULOUS lines.

Scary Movies.

Nuttin to Do.

Nobody's iller than me.

Criminal

No Apologies.

Underground

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yay for opinions! lol most of those are really nice man, I'll admit I'm biased towards songs that have more of an old school feel; I wouldn't sleep on Infinite though.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yay for opinions! lol most of those are really nice man, I'll admit I'm biased towards songs that have more of an old school feel; I wouldn't sleep on Infinite though.
Yeah don't get me wrong I LOVE infinite, just concerning the most ridiculous stuff Em has ever said I dont think most of the tracks are as hot as his more recent ill stuff.

313 and Maxine have the most creative lines IMO. Every track is good though, so to each his own.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Wow really good actually, but snoop should probaly be in legends and so should dre maybe, plus eazy e should be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy higher, and icecube should be higher. ill check it and say more

T3h Albino

Smash Master
i attempted to order the above average section so anybody you think deserves to be higher than anybody above them present and argument wand we'll discus it.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Mostly all people on above average should be lower, some much lower. i cant stand seeing people like TI be above eazy. But i agree with pac, hes clearly the best, ders so much people dont know about him too, he should have his own tier, btw check my youtube channel favs-

http://www.youtube.com/user/bmorgens

Yes, i love 2pac

RIP

Oh, and dre and snoop should be legends imo lol

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Jay-Z is a legend without a doubt, he is in the discussion for best rapper of all time too. Not having him in legend tier is just ****ing crazy lol
Same with dre and snoop but i thought about it, the legend tier should probaly be more for deceased rappers, or else nas would prob be ther too.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Sugarhill Gang had a couple of good songs, they were average rappers at best, but are only revered because they are old school and were one of the first rap groups to have a rap single that performed well, but as rappers they weren't actually that good. lol

Also dre and snoop are legends of rap for both their longevity and content, but I just wish Dr. Dre actually wrote most of the good lyrics that he rapped, but between his production skills and association with other acts he is definitely a legend.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Sugarhill Gang had a couple of good songs, they were average rappers at best, but are only revered because they are old school and were one of the first rap groups to have a rap single that performed well, but as rappers they weren't actually that good. lol

Also dre and snoop are legends of rap for both their longevity and content, but I just wish Dr. Dre actually wrote most of the good lyrics that he rapped, but between his production skills and association with other acts he is definitely a legend.
Uhhhhh

They're better than 99% of all rap artists today.

Considering must rap now SUCKS.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
You really have no idea what you are talking about Mooney if you think Sugarhill Gang belongs in Legend Tier lol I'm willing to bet anything that you are just saying Sugarhill Gang because you once heard the song Rapper's Delight and that's it. If you actually listened to more of their songs than Rapper's Delight, which lyrically isn't that great but is still a classic song, than you would realize that there is absolutely no way they should be near Legend Tier.

But if being put in legend tier has to do with impact on the game, which they showed rappers could have a really successful hit on a national level, then by all means put them in legends tier.

However, if it's based on skill then there is absolutely no way they are near legends and would be at the bottom of above average at best.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I never said they were supposed to be in "legends", lol.

I'm just saying they were some of the first successful rappers and that they should be on the list, which they are now.

But if being put in legend tier has to do with impact on the game, which they showed rappers could have a really successful hit on a national level, then by all means put them in legends tier.
Read the above.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Don omar is specifically latino. go learn some spanish or get some translated lyrics :)

and seriously, pay some respects to the REAL legends of the game.

sugarhill gang, all day.
How else is that supposed to be construed? And go ahead name someone from the group I'll wait while you google it.

Okay what you had was definitely different before editing, and I know you didn't mean that they were successful rappers because they were pioneers in some sense because you stated that you thought they were better than 99% of rap today, but that's okay this is over. lol

Top Bottom