• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The other Hip-Hop discussion thread *kuz attempting to make unbiased things is hard*

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yea, I strangled him off in the parkin lot, wit his karl kani.
I take it you didn't give a **** if it was dark or not then?

It probably wasn't as hard as you trying to park a dodge while you were drunk as ***, right next to a humongous truck and a two car garage. :laugh:

the prophet

Smash Apprentice
Legend

2pac/B.I.G/Big L Corleone/Big Pun
Rakim/Erik B
Public Enemy -group-
KRS ONE
Ice Cube
Onyx -group-
Nas
Jay-Z

Masters

Wu Tang Clan -not the whole thing 200+ members-
Run DMC
Dr.Dre*
Eminem
Immortal Technique
De La Soul
Bone Thugz in Harmony *group*
MF DOOM
Fupe Liasco
The Roots
Outkast
Nujabes
9th Wonder
Gangstarr
Tech9
Kanye West
Common
Big Daddy Kane
Snoop Dogg
A Tribe Called Quest -group-
CYNE -group-
Blackstar -group-
Kidz in the Hall
The Cool Kids
Atomsphere
Blu
Shing0
Slick Rick
AZ
Lauryn Hill

Above Average

Slaughterhouse -group-
T.I
Melle Mell
Ludacris
Wiz Khalifa
Jadakiss
Cannibus
Papoose
Currensy
Sugarhill Gang
Fabulous
Pharell
Cassidy
Murs
Drake
Asher Roth
Young Jeezy
Kid Cudi

Average

E-40
DMX*
B.o.B
LL Cool J
Juelz Santana
Chamillioinare
Eazy E
Nate Dogg
Lil Wayne
50 Cent
Rick Ross

Lol

Gucci Mane
OJ Da Juice Man
GS Boys

Soulja Boi

Soulja Boi

-Leaving for SEB Now Will finish later-
btw this is just to get my thoughts down -in no particular order- i will order them once i think i have a solid list. Contribute kthnx

I's back nowww. Ok so an * indicates i'm unsure on the position of the rapper and here is a list of people i'm not even going to try and place because i haven't heard much of them/and or am still unsure.

Mannie Fresh
K-OS
Kano
Curren$y
Wiz Khalifa
Wale
Biz Markee

..................i like how you put onyx in there.............you still dont think em is master :confused::confused: lol oh well :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:..................wheres dj premier lol :confused::confused:............i wouldnt have sugarhill gang that far up there or MF doom n i like the COOL KIDS but they mite be to high.........N kidsz in the hall are waaaaaaaaaaaay to high......n LL and DMX need to be up there still lol but good job anyway

shalom

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that these tiers aren't in order because if they are there are some big mistakes. lol For instance, if the legends tier is in supposed order then Jay-Z is without a doubt way to low and needs to be moved up a lot. I believe that Sugarhill Gang should be listed as average, but that's not a big deal.

Eminem is also a legend. LL Cool J is also a legend and so is DMX (it sucks he went crazy and can't get his life together lol). Snoop should probably be moved up to legend as well.

@ the prophet - dj premier is a ridiculous producer, but this is for people that actually rap, which he doesn't really do so he does not belong on this list at all lol

This list is too difficult to make. lol

@T3h Albino - Is this list supposed to be in order? Because if not then I'm sorry for this rant lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Shalom, DMX, and especially LL Cool J will NEVER be in the same category as Rakim, Biggie, 2pac, and KRS-One.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
legends = big pun, big L, rakim, eminem, nas, biggie, 2pac.... Close to that order I'd say too. First are all so different so it's hard though. nas had illmatic, eminem is eminem, and biggie and 2pac are border-line but they died and definitely earned legend status ha.

masters = az, wu-tang, etc..........

Who is kanye west? lol ;)

the prophet

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that these tiers aren't in order because if they are there are some big mistakes. lol For instance, if the legends tier is in supposed order then Jay-Z is without a doubt way to low and needs to be moved up a lot. I believe that Sugarhill Gang should be listed as average, but that's not a big deal.

Eminem is also a legend. LL Cool J is also a legend and so is DMX (it sucks he went crazy and can't get his life together lol). Snoop should probably be moved up to legend as well.

@ the prophet - dj premier is a ridiculous producer, but this is for people that actually rap, which he doesn't really do so he does not belong on this list at all lol

@T3h Albino - Is this list supposed to be in order? Because if not then I'm sorry for this rant lol
well 9th wonders on there so idk lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Mars I love that album.. one of the first rap albums I ever bought. Imo DMX should be under masters (I'd even put Ice Cube there tbh) but hey that's just me.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
I disagree -ACE- LL Cool J has been making hit records since like 1985 and minus a few slip ups and his latest song he has mostly produced good music. His album "Mama Said Knock You Out" is one of the best rap albums and I'm pretty sure that most people would agree that LL is a legend of rap. DMX despite being an idiot when it comes to running his own life he put together "It's Dark and Hell is Hot", which is without a doubt a classic album and one of the best a rapper has ever produced. Granted one classic album doesn't automatically get you a spot in legend tier, but he then also made "Flesh of My Blood, Blood of My Blood" and "...And then there was X" which aren't as good as his first but are still great albums.

Also just because they are in the same tier doesn't mean they are as good as each other. lol

T3h Albino

Smash Master
..................i like how you put onyx in there.............you still dont think em is master :confused::confused: lol oh well :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:..................wheres dj premier lol :confused::confused:............i wouldnt have sugarhill gang that far up there or MF doom n i like the COOL KIDS but they mite be to high.........N kidsz in the hall are waaaaaaaaaaaay to high......n LL and DMX need to be up there still lol but good job anyway
Hmm after looking at the list i feel im still missing a lot of people, but i also feel that i should go ahead and attempt to put the **** in order. Em will be added to legend tier because he is in fact a legend. LL just really doesn't get it in my eyes, but hey i can still be argued and hell maybe even voted on lol. DMX had the * next to his name because i really thought he deserved top of masters or even legend, but i've found that everytime i make the argument that dmx is legend status people just seem to not understand.

List is not in order but im going to order it now. and yes premier is an amazing producer but not a rapper lol.

I disagree -ACE- LL Cool J has been making hit records since like 1985 and minus a few slip ups and his latest song he has mostly produced good music. His album "Mama Said Knock You Out" is one of the best rap albums and I'm pretty sure that most people would agree that LL is a legend of rap. DMX despite being an idiot when it comes to running his own life he put together "It's Dark and Hell is Hot", which is without a doubt a classic album and one of the best a rapper has ever produced. Granted one classic album doesn't automatically get you a spot in legend tier, but he then also made "Flesh of My Blood, Blood of My Blood" and "...And then there was X" which aren't as good as his first but are still great albums.

Also just because they are in the same tier doesn't mean they are as good as each other. lol
Im still not seeing LL as a legend man =/ I loved "mama said knock you out" but i mean after that....what? DMX deserves it imo though ;B

Shalom, DMX, and especially LL Cool J will NEVER be in the same category as Rakim, Biggie, 2pac, and KRS-One.

You have GOT to be kidding me.
After KRS-ONE there is a large gap inbetween the skill of the MC's in legend tier. But just because they aren't as good as the other members doesn't not make them legends.

legends = big pun, big L, rakim, eminem, nas, biggie, 2pac.... Close to that order I'd say too. First are all so different so it's hard though. nas had illmatic, eminem is eminem, and biggie and 2pac are border-line but they died and definitely earned legend status ha.

masters = az, wu-tang, etc..........

Who is kanye west? lol ;)
the #1 spot is shared between those 4 MC's

Mars I love that album.. one of the first rap albums I ever bought. Imo DMX should be under masters (I'd even put Ice Cube there tbh) but hey that's just me.
DMX....hmm

Linguini

Smash Master
"Come on let's face it, a ghetto education is basic"

At this point im really into old Snoop stuff since I saw him in concert recently, but overall my favorite is probably Nas.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I like Cormega's older **** a lot. I'm surprised he isn't on the list too. He's def. one of the realest to ever come out of the Bridge.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Don't know why this was closed, so I'm reopening it for now. Any mod who closed it can close it again but I'd like to know the reasoning.

I mean, Doodah was being Doodah, but otherwise it looked fine to me...?
Ditto on what Exarch said.

=/ I don't see anything wrong with the thread either.

the prophet

Smash Apprentice
Lupe to me has the ability to be the best rapper ever....point blank period...........dude is just on mars wit the lyrics...flow is rediculous....if you been to his concerts you would see his ability to move the crowd (MC).....and he raps about real ****......

but anyway........if yall like REAL HIP HOP....cop that SLAUGHTERHOUSE ALBUM..........................SO FIRE......BEST RAP GROUP SINCE BONE THUGZ....shooot maybe even better......

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Lupe to me has the ability to be the best rapper ever....point blank period...........dude is just on mars wit the lyrics...flow is rediculous....if you been to his concerts you would see his ability to move the crowd (MC).....and he raps about real ****......

but anyway........if yall like REAL HIP HOP....cop that SLAUGHTERHOUSE ALBUM..........................SO FIRE......BEST RAP GROUP SINCE BONE THUGZ....shooot maybe even better......
I agree with the lupe fiasco part completely and have seen him live and his live performance is amazing, but wait until CRS drops an album (hopefully it actually happens) and then let's see if you still think Slaughterhouse is the best rap group. And I have listened to the Slaughterhouse album and despite a few drops in song quality it is a good album.

Top Bottom