• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The other Hip-Hop discussion thread *kuz attempting to make unbiased things is hard*

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
Immortal Technique
Jedi Mind Tricks
Ill Bill
Cannibus
2Pac/Makaveli
Army of the Pharaohs
Outerspace
CunningLynguists

Bottom Tier:
Kanye
Lil Wayne
Jay-Z

...Hey guys.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Jay-Z, Nas, and Ice cube are being moved to legend tier

Asher roth being added to above average as well as Cannibus

Nujabes was added to the master's aswell as Shing0 and CYNE

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
You have:
1.)Wale
2.)Wiz Khalifa
3.)Curren$y

which is almst exactly half of the "new" hip-hop class thats supposed to take over....granted majority of them have 2-3 years under their belts already. All 3 of them and cudi should be way high on the above average list.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
chops it's more than half dude.
and im going to listen to whiz and currency right now
apparently this mixtape is pretty good. im looking forward to listening to it and adding them to the list

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Wait, are you saying that Soulja Boy's not good?

Joccin on your b*ich a*s, just got my report card and ya trick ya are three of my favorite songs!

You should be embarrassed to claim that. Soulja ***** is a ringtone rapper...

Yeah, Run DMC is the ****, so no argument there, but like me, your favorite song is probably walk this way remix.
You obviously don't own any of DMC's albums if walk this way is your favorite song. I'm not saying that song isn't good, but they have songs that are straight fire... go to the deep end before you say how deep it is.

alot of people here dont understand hip hop at all.
I'm with you on that granted that opinions are going to be biased and it is a "rap" tir list but then again hip/hop and rap go hand in hand.

Oh and to whomever pointed out shingo2 or whatever his lyrics are good, and he sounds like mad villain...i'm sure that if you know shingo2 you should know madvillain.

MADVILLAIN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzAxWPQaNlg

and that dude turbo i was talking about check this **** out (must listen):

Gigaton Punch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBHxXufqOEY

(he raps from balrogs perspective,but that's not all he does. Give his mixtapes a listen and you'll be blown away by his beats and his lyrics/wordplay)

vega Cut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMwiNdPRslw&feature=related

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
if you guys dont have tech or aesop on top of your lists, youre not listening to real ****.

even my boy del the funky homo sapien is higher tiered than the likes of jay z and nas and big pun

poser *** *****ess

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
chops it's more than half dude.
and im going to listen to whiz and currency right now
apparently this mixtape is pretty good. im looking forward to listening to it and adding them to the list
You talking about "How Fly" wiz and currensys co-lab mixtape?

For a wiz only thing i recommend listening prince of the city 2 or welcome to pistolvania both are badass.

and from curren$y i recommend independence day or higher than 30,000 ft. I think wiz should be higher than currensy though but idk it's a toss up.

And if ****ing gucci mane is on there than you might as well but jackie chain up there... has anyone heard Rollin'??? omggg that song is ****ing raw.

rhan

Smash Hero
Legend

2pac/B.I.G/Big L Corleone/Big Pun
Rakim/Erik B
Public Enemy -group-
KRS ONE
Ice Cube
Nas
Jay-Z

Masters

Wu Tang Clan -not the whole thing 200+ members-
Run DMC
Dr.Dre*
Eminem
Nas
Immortal Technique
Jay-Z
De La Soul
Bone Thugz in Harmony *group*
MF DOOM
Fupe Liasco
The Roots
Outkast
Nujabes
Kanye West
Common
Big Daddy Kane
Snoop Dogg
A Tribe Called Quest -group-
CYNE -group-
Blackstar -group-
Shing0
Slick Rick*
Raekwon
AZ
Lauryn Hill*

Above Average

Kanye West
Slaughterhouse -group-
T.I
Melle Mell
Ludacris
Jadakiss
Cannibus
Papoose
Sugarhill Gang
Fabulous
Pharell
Cassidy
Drake
Asher Roth
Young Jeezy
Kid Cudi

Average

DMX*
B.o.B
LL Cool J
Juelz Santana
Chamillioinare
Eazy E
Nate Dogg
Lil Wayne
50 Cent
Rick Ross

Lol

Gucci Mane
OJ Da Juice Man
GS Boys

Soulja Boi

Soulja Boi
People on the list more than once. Just thought I let you know.

T.I. is underated in my opinion. Wayne does not deserve Rick Ross in the same tier as him.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
This is probably mine. It changes from time to time tho

1. Big L
2. B. I. G.
3. Rakim
4. Nas
5. Pun

But some days I'd swear the Wu >>> All. lol

T3h Albino

Smash Master
if you guys dont have tech or aesop on top of your lists, youre not listening to real ****.

even my boy del the funky homo sapien is higher tiered than the likes of jay z and nas and big pun

poser *** *****ess
shut up.

You talking about "How Fly" wiz and currensys co-lab mixtape?

For a wiz only thing i recommend listening prince of the city 2 or welcome to pistolvania both are badass.

and from curren$y i recommend independence day or higher than 30,000 ft. I think wiz should be higher than currensy though but idk it's a toss up.

And if ****ing gucci mane is on there than you might as well but jackie chain up there... has anyone heard Rollin'??? omggg that song is ****ing raw.
the colab tape

People on the list more than once. Just thought I let you know.

T.I. is underated in my opinion. Wayne does not deserve Rick Ross in the same tier as him.
good lookin out

This is probably mine. It changes from time to time tho

1. Big L
2. B. I. G.
3. Rakim
4. Nas
5. Pun

But some days I'd swear the Wu >>> All. lol
yours is a lot like mine
1. Big L
2. Rakim
3. Nas
4.Wu Tang
5. Lupe

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Idk about everybody on there, but if it were a list of today's best, it would like lupe fiasco, papoose, cassidy, andree 3000, rick ross, kanye west and ludacris. That's the best rappers today in no particular order. Little wayne is *** trash

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Idk about everybody on there, but if it were a list of today's best, it would like lupe fiasco, papoose, cassidy, andree 3000, rick ross, kanye west and ludacris. That's the best rappers today in no particular order. Little wayne is *** trash
Lupe Fiasco is head and shoulders better than most people on your list except for andre 3000 who is absolutely ridiculous as well, but please do not tell me that you actually think that based on lyrical merit Rick Ross is one of today's best rappers? lol Papoose is full of punchlines (the same could be argued about Cassidy as well) , but really not much else which is what holds him back I think.

Overall your list is pretty good, except you're missing a few people such as Nas, and included the two people I mentioned. Jay-Z is still the best rapper alive and maybe the best to ever do it when you take everything into account (but I think Lupe Fiasco could take that spot eventually with a little more longevity.)

Also, people need to start saying why lil wayne is complete trash as you put it because while I agree that a good amount of his songs are awful and annoying I refuse to believe that anyone who claims to know and appreciate hip-hop could listen to Da Drought 3 or The Leak and still feel that way about him.

the prophet

Smash Apprentice
When its all said and done lupe should be in that legend category (most balanced mc ever in my opinion).....em should be legend category already.....i dont like wayne but hes above average.............n despite soulja boi bein so wack............u cant deny his talent.......but hes still garbage...

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
lemme catch u at a tourney albino.

ill show u that im on top of the whoop fgts tier list

and why isnt aesop on there??

this list is trash like the fgt who made it ha

T3h Albino

Smash Master
When its all said and done lupe should be in that legend category (most balanced mc ever in my opinion).....em should be legend category already.....i dont like wayne but hes above average.............n despite soulja boi bein so wack............u cant deny his talent.......but hes still garbage...
Lupe is not a legend yet but is most definately one of the best mc's in the game easily. Em i think is good where he is. Wayne had a lot of potential and probably is still a great MC when he quits with the whack *** songs about ****ing every ***** and the autotune songs about the same **** he'll probably be a master MC ;B. Soulja Boi has talent but again chooses to squander it with bull**** bubble gum dance pop ****.

lemme catch u at a tourney albino.

ill show u that im on top of the whoop fgts tier list

and why isnt aesop on there??

this list is trash like the fgt who made it ha
Lern2trollliekGmoney. IMA BEAT CHU UP OVER DA INTERWEBZ KTHNXXX. IMA BEAT CHU UP OVER T3H LIST KUZ I R INTERNET GANGSTARRR I R FGT BEATR. I SPL LKE DS KUZ I R COOL.

anyway if you reread what you said im sure you'd realize how dumb it sounded.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
just saying,

tell me to shut up in person thats all

you can say "lol blah blah internet blah blah getting mad lol ", youre still talking ****.

i was talking about the crappy list you made like everyone else, you fvcking homo.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I told you to shut up because you come in MY THREAD and say one thing about good hip hop which i applauded. Then i scrolled down to read some **** about you flaming the list saying it sucks because 2 rappers you think are THE GREATEST aren't on it. You simply couldve reccomended i listend to them and add them like the all the rest of the people that came in here. But you'd rather come in and start fights and **** by saying del the funky homo sapien is better than the likes of Nas and Jay-Z. I have no problems with you contributing to the list just don't be a **** about it <_<.

the prophet

Smash Apprentice
Lupe is not a legend yet but is most definately one of the best mc's in the game easily. Em i think is good where he is. Wayne had a lot of potential and probably is still a great MC when he quits with the whack *** songs about ****ing every ***** and the autotune songs about the same **** he'll probably be a master MC ;B. Soulja Boi has talent but again chooses to squander it with bull**** bubble gum dance pop ****.

Lupe isnt a legend yet but will end up one down the road.......even though i dont see any rapper touchin him in lyrics out rite now (other than maybe em and andre 300).......and nah em is legend he broke the race barrier not to mention has some of the craaaaaaaziest bars you will ever here........not to mention hes the best selling hip hop artist of all time.........n like i said i dont like wayne at all......he was hot back in the day but he fell off hard....but his work ethic is crazy, n you gotta respect that....same with soulja boi (even though hes still garbage lol)

the prophet

Smash Apprentice
Legend

2pac/B.I.G/Big L Corleone/Big Pun
Rakim/Erik B
Public Enemy -group-
KRS ONE
Ice Cube
Nas
Jay-Z

Masters

Wu Tang Clan -not the whole thing 200+ members-
Run DMC
Dr.Dre*
Eminem
Nas
Immortal Technique
Jay-Z
De La Soul
Bone Thugz in Harmony *group*
MF DOOM
Fupe Liasco
The Roots
Outkast
Nujabes
Kanye West
Common
Big Daddy Kane
Snoop Dogg
A Tribe Called Quest -group-
CYNE -group-
Blackstar -group-
Shing0
Slick Rick*
Raekwon
AZ
Lauryn Hill*

Above Average

Kanye West
Slaughterhouse -group-
T.I
Melle Mell
Ludacris
Jadakiss
Cannibus
Papoose
Sugarhill Gang
Fabulous
Pharell
Cassidy
Drake
Asher Roth
Young Jeezy
Kid Cudi

Average

DMX*
B.o.B
LL Cool J
Juelz Santana
Chamillioinare
Eazy E
Nate Dogg
Lil Wayne
50 Cent
Rick Ross

Lol

Gucci Mane
OJ Da Juice Man
GS Boys

Soulja Boi

Soulja Boi

-Leaving for SEB Now Will finish later-
btw this is just to get my thoughts down -in no particular order- i will order them once i think i have a solid list. Contribute kthnx

I's back nowww. Ok so an * indicates i'm unsure on the position of the rapper and here is a list of people i'm not even going to try and place because i haven't heard much of them/and or am still unsure.

Mannie Fresh
K-OS
Kano
Curren$y
Wiz Khalifa
Wale
Shing0
Murs
Biz Markee
n lookin back at ya list......you gotta bump up LL.....i mean come on.............dmx needs to be bumped up there.....my boi wale is dope so you gonna have to check him out.............n you left out ppl like tech9(DOPEST FLOW I EVER HEARD), master ace, black poet, etc................n you got some ppl to high....like wat are you basing this list on??? how well a person raps or how big that persons had a impact on hip hop???

T3h Albino

Smash Master
^im about to add 15 or so people to the list and explain what it's all about after i wake up from the nap im about to take.
look forward to it ;B

Top Bottom