• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The other Hip-Hop discussion thread *kuz attempting to make unbiased things is hard*

Purple

Hi guys!
what about new boyz in the lol tier?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv9VKKXwVxU

then shop boyz as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj63G4MZpms

actually reading your master's list, immortal technique should definately be in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M72zVuBNpEA

kanye's feeding too much into his fans and ego. His rapping isn't how it once was ;/. auto-tuning? guah?

public enemy imo shouldn't be legends, while i'm kind of going into my own opinion, they really only were ground breaking because of one song they did anthrax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBA-xi8WuCU

jurassic five shoudl be high. maybe average

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
Why the hell is eminem in the "Masters" group??? And Kanye West should be in his own group called "B.A.R."....***** *** Rappers. Kanye West is a **** cry baby. Cryin everytime he doesn't win an award. Take that ***** *** ***** off that list....

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
they should all be in bottom tier. 99% of rap music is absolute trash. Promoting meta-failure is an interesting way to succeed.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Wiz khalifas music is crazy high or not. As for mannie fresh he's more producer-esque he don't bother no one no one bothers him his **** is old school and acceptable by everyone he'd be in whatever category Timberland would be in but a step above cause he mainly produes.

But back on wiz khalifa his wordplay is phenomenal. You can't go off what you hear on the radio his mixtapes are crazyyy!
Please don't assume I am going off what I hear on the radio because I barely listen to the radio lol I have heard most of his **** and it's good not great. He makes some good songs, but nothing that makes you really rewind so you can listen to a line again.

Mannie fresh is a producer who makes some sick beats, but he really is only average at best when it comes to rapping and come on don't even mention timbaland (not timber) because when it comes to actually rapping he is ****ing awful lol Most of his beats are good though, and he has definitely helped a lot of rappers by providing a good beat for them to rap over.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Please don't assume I am going off what I hear on the radio because I barely listen to the radio lol I have heard most of his **** and it's good not great. He makes some good songs, but nothing that makes you really rewind so you can listen to a line again.

Mannie fresh is a producer who makes some sick beats, but he really is only average at best when it comes to rapping and come on don't even mention timbaland (not timber) because when it comes to actually rapping he is ****ing awful lol Most of his beats are good though, and he has definitely helped a lot of rappers by providing a good beat for them to rap over.
Well i've had to rewind a couple oif times on wiz's songs and i'm not a ******* but when he's talking about how the game is split like with a hyphen then i had to go, rewind and bust out my english book. He says some sick **** and his wordplay is good.

i know it's "timbaland" but the red line bothers me under mispelled words and i'm saying that both mannie and tim suck as "mc's" which is why they're primarily producers.

Still i think people like Wiz, Wale, and cudi are under the radar. Cudi is just crazy musiccc

the fact that there is no big l on your legends list makes me want to hit you upside the head with a bat ;B
puns not there either :OOOO
for one i never heard any big L so thats why he's not on my list and big pun only had like two songs i heard by him so that's why he's not on my list. Pun up there i just forgot to add him

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Well i've had to rewind a couple oif times on wiz's songs and i'm not a ******* but when he's talking about how the game is split like with a hyphen then i had to go, rewind and bust out my english book. He says some sick **** and his wordplay is good.

i know it's "timbaland" but the red line bothers me under mispelled words and i'm saying that both mannie and tim suck as "mc's" which is why they're primarily producers.

Still i think people like Wiz, Wale, and cudi are under the radar. Cudi is just crazy musiccc
Cudi is everywhere lol and Wale has also been making music for a long time. My point about mannie fresh and timbaland is that they do not belong in this conversation at all lol.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Ghostface killah did a concert at Tech one time. I had never heard him so I seized the opportunity.

From what I heard all he raps about is food, his songs were all about ice cream and hamburgers and ****.

I cannot decide if that makes him terrible or amazing.
If hes talking about food so it has to be amazing.

Fail...needz moar Metal...

Fail needs less nihongo's post

Have you guys heard of Turbo from youtube? His wordplay is phenomenal...phenomenal! i know most of you guys aren't too diversified in your guys music choices (granted i know alot about rap/hip-hop but fav groups include MGMT, Daft Punk, Ratatat) but go check him out he has songs about street fighter chraracters. Dude is too sick, i highly suggest downloading his mixtapes.
I need to check this guy out.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
please, no trolling Nihongo-ookami
=_=

you have your own thread for Metal, ok?

next troll get 6 points, ok?

BEHR

Smash Hero
CAn I have 6 Points? D:

I begged Dogy to give me points when I housed him but he said no.

also You spelled Lupes name wrong. D:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Wait, are you saying that Soulja Boy's not good?

Joccin on your b*ich a*s, just got my report card and ya trick ya are three of my favorite songs!

T3h Albino

Smash Master
take your 6 points and go away <___<
and i did it on purpose behr lol ;B
uhmm wtf is up with all these people switching to doc 0__o

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Ghostface killah did a concert at Tech one time. I had never heard him so I seized the opportunity.

From what I heard all he raps about is food, his songs were all about ice cream and hamburgers and ****.

I cannot decide if that makes him terrible or amazing.
That concert was epic WIN.

Also, put Madcon on the above average section. Their album was pretty good. ;)

I say Kanye should move up, Immortal Technique should be on legend and The Lonely Island? Where is that?
Lonely Island isn't really a rap group--if anything, their music would fall under comedy.

And where the hells is Black Star on the list, they should easily be in Masters. :urg:

Frames

DI
wat about my boy diddy

just say da word
imma put it on ya
u can say u touched the president ciroc obama
im a bad boy
and dats wat bad boys do
black ice black coupes black cars too
dont tatoo my name
tattoo my logo
and let da whole world kno u ***** wit a mogul
u dont need a closet
take u to taiwan
u can have da whole warehouse ladies sean john
and on da 14th i'll buy da whole island
name it after champagne and call it crystalin
ya...i know dat have u smilin
like day26 i'll have yo ring finger shinin!

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
please, no trolling Nihongo-ookami
=_=

you have your own thread for Metal, ok?

next troll get 6 points, ok?
I thought you loved me?
*sob*

okay...no more trolling.

I'll go to 4chan for that.

and LOL @ P1's post.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Fort Minor can't really be considered for this type of list because Mike Shinoda (idk how to spell his last name) is the rapper dude from Linkin Park and Fort Minor's just an experimental thing, like The Almost with the singer from Underoath. Yeah, Run DMC is the ****, so no argument there, but like me, your favorite song is probably walk this way remix.

T3h Albino, why are you hating on Kanye West? He is a really good rapper if you ask me. What do you find wrong with him? And Puff Daddy, not Diddy as we know him today, should be on the list. When B.I.G was alive, he was great.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Fort Minor can't really be considered for this type of list because Mike Shinoda (idk how to spell his last name) is the rapper dude from Linkin Park and Fort Minor's just an experimental thing, like The Almost with the singer from Underoath. Yeah, Run DMC is the ****, so no argument there, but like me, your favorite song is probably walk this way remix.

T3h Albino, why are you hating on Kanye West? He is a really good rapper if you ask me. What do you find wrong with him? And Puff Daddy, not Diddy as we know him today, should be on the list. When B.I.G was alive, he was great.
Though I agree with Kanye West being a good rapper, he wouldn't even scratch average he had not feel asleep behind the wheel.

Puff Daddy could reasonably be in the Above Average, but in turn there would have to be a asterisk next to his name saying that this is exclusive of anything he did the last decade. :ohwell:

shalom

Smash Journeyman
idk what to think of diddy anymore he's kind of like kanye to me but to a lesser extent v_v
wow kanye is on a whole other level from diddy. lol Diddy is absolute trash and always has been when it comes to lyrics and wordplay. Kanye West is a master and I know most people don't like his personality, but if you listen to his cds you realize how good he really is. Add that to the fact that he is probably one of the sickest producers of all time and you've got one of the best rappers out there. Unfortunately his personality deters a lot of people from truly seeing how good he is.

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
that list blows, add tha joker and ludacris on there. and i am a wayne fan, there is no way he is average. i also like gucci and OJ.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Though I agree with Kanye West being a good rapper, he wouldn't even scratch average he had not feel asleep behind the wheel.

Puff Daddy could reasonably be in the Above Average, but in turn there would have to be a asterisk next to his name saying that this is exclusive of anything he did the last decade. :ohwell:
Wow you think puff daddy (who for the most part doesn't even write his own ****) is an above average rapper? Every good line you've heard from puff daddy, which is very rare, was most likely written by someone else. lol Kanye West is way above average, I'd group him as a master, if you actually listen to lyrics and not just go with what has a good beat, even though most if not all of his beats are fire.

Also I can't believe you think Kanye's accident really had anything to do with him being big, it was the fact that he was willing to pay for his own studio time and videos out of his own pocket and had the balls to just start playing it in front of everybody at parties, which got Jay to notice him more.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I knew that Fort Minor was just the rapper from Linkin Park. That's why I like him, XD.

If it was anyone other than him, it wouldn't be right.

As for my favorite Run DMC song, it's not Walk This Way. It's King of Rock.

Eminem, I can honestly say I only like 2-3 of his songs. The ones I do like, I don't remember the name of. Except for When I'm Gone.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Fixed. D:
This list needs more Joe Budden, Royce da 5'9", Celph Titled, and Atmosphere.
Joe Budden + Royce Da 5'9 are both members of the group "Slaughterhouse"
i will try and listen to celph tilted and atmosphere when i can

I thought you loved me?
*sob*

okay...no more trolling.

I'll go to 4chan for that.

and LOL @ P1's post.
Run DMC is the top of masters for sure Eminem is still a master even though he kind of fell off lol never heard of fort minor but if what gordito says is true then...

Ill put Diddy at the bottom of Above Average and leave it at that.

wow kanye is on a whole other level from diddy. lol Diddy is absolute trash and always has been when it comes to lyrics and wordplay. Kanye West is a master and know most people don't like his personality, but if you listen to his cds you realize how good he really is. Add that to the fact that he is probably one of the sickest producers of all time and you've got one of the best rappers out there. Unfortunately his personality deters a lot of people from truly seeing how good he is.
I agree that Kanye is a master it's just how ****ty he's been doing lately it pains me to see such good Emcee's selling out like that =/
I'll put Kanye in Masters because i agree he is *or once was*

that list blows, add tha joker and ludacris on there. and i am a wayne fan, there is no way he is average. i also like gucci and OJ.
Don't insult the list just input your opinion. I forgot Luda? lol definately the top of above average maybe even bottom of masters. gucci and Oj are where they deserve to be. Gucci would be better if he didn't exclusively rap about drugs and sex

Wow you think puff daddy (who for the most part doesn't even write his own ****) is an above average rapper? Every good line you've heard from puff daddy, which is very rare, was most likely written by someone else. lol Kanye West is a way above average, I'd group him as a master, if you actually listen to lyrics and not just go with what has a good beat, even though most if not all of his beats are fire.

Also I can't believe you think Kanye's accident really had anything to do with him being big, it was the fact that he was willing to pay for his own studio time and videos out of his own pocket and had the balls to just start playing it in front of everybody at parties, which got Jay to notice him more.
I just think Kanye is selling out. Autotune, Trying to sing and ****, ***** stick to spitting those ill rhymes that you use to.

Top Bottom