• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I'm happy to see the midna thread is getting posts, but why are people arguing with this blazer kid?
It could be the fact that he's saying TP and Galaxy are bad games.

Or the fact that he is trying to downgrade Midna.

Or the fact that he is making his opinions look like facts.

Yeah.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
because i'm the only one who is throwing out ideas that differ from others.
Really? Why don't you go read about 5-6 pages in the back, I differ from some other people, only they actually made good sense, even though some of them are really stubborn and don't want to listen to me (kinda why I stopped posting, why would I post if my posts will just be teared apart the second they are read) but still I must admit their opinions and facts were good and true.

You are just not doing it for the thread

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It could be the fact that he's saying TP and Galaxy are bad games.

Or the fact that he is trying to downgrade Midna.

Or the fact that he is making his opinions look like facts.

Yeah.
some times before you ask others questions you have to ask yourself... like for example is TP and Galaxy bad?

your opinion probablly yes. his obviously no. will he change yours, does he threaten your way of life with his ideals? Lol, of course not! Now it'd be different if he said TP is bad because the game play is lacking. or the graphics are poor, or because of reason X. On that same not it'd be awsome if you (this is a general you) said "why is this game bad?"

*shrugs*

If you aren't going to debate don't agrue, it gets no one anything...

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
the 2 key and mos reconized parts of an loz game are battles and puzzles. loz oracal of ages and seasons split this up and weren't as enjoyable seperate. unfortunatly, TP lacked both of these elements and thus lacked the feel of an LOZ game.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
If there ever was a reason for Midna's inclusion in Brawl's roster, this would be it:

"I want to see Kirby wear Midna's helmet, 'cause it would make one pimpin' hat for the little guy." — A friend of mine.
thats a badas$ hat

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
the 2 key and mos reconized parts of an loz game are battles and puzzles. loz oracal of ages and seasons split this up and weren't as enjoyable seperate. unfortunatly, TP lacked both of these elements and thus lacked the feel of an LOZ game.
So you proved your point by saying another game sucks? You really didn't say anything in this post...

This is how you sound:

Galaxy sucks!

Why?

Paper Mario has a sequel, so it is not enjoyable. Galaxy lacks what Paper Mario does.

See any sense?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
so blazer what your saying is that TP had minimal puzzles, crap battles and it was basically run here to activate cutscene then run here to activate another cutscene and then run here to get this guy to talk to you......for the majority of the game....

did you even beat TP? not only beat it but did the extra stuff too?

my only complaint about TP is the difficulty....its too easy for me...

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
i used those 2 games as an example because both represented a key element in an loz game.
lets say a regular loz game is a 2, battles and puzzles
oracls are 1, one of he above 2.
TP however is a 0, because it lacked both of them.
does that convey my message a bit better?

edit:
so blazer what your saying is that TP had minimal puzzles, crap battles and it was basically run here to activate cutscene then run here to activate another cutscene and then run here to get this guy to talk to you......for the majority of the game....

yes i did beat it with all the extra stuff and at parts of the game it felt like that.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

He said it lacked puzzles and fights, but in what sense really? Because it has puzzles every part of the game really, if they are too easy, well, thats another thing. Not that they are a heck lot easier than OoT really.

About the fights? What exactly did you not like that was done better in any previous Zelda game?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
i used those 2 games as an example because both represented a key element in an loz game.

edit:

yes i did beat it with all the extra stuff and at parts of the game it felt like that.
So wait, was the game a movie? (And read your own posts, don't want you taking them back later)

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
at times i basicly felt like you were just going to random places for noparticular reason and doing stuff for just the same. and it just so happened that that once you were done, some thing different occers and you have to go there and do the same.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace

edit:

It didn't really help too much but I'm starting to get a better picture. I felt that TP was better because it was a tad bit easier and shorter than OoT. I know I did like it much more than OoT because the story line was very original. Who would've ever thought Link would've transformed into a wolf. I know I wouldn't have.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
at times i basicly felt like you were just going to random places for noparticular reason and doing stuff for just the same. and it just so happened that that once you were done, some thing different occers and you have to go there and do the same.
Which Zelda game has not had that? And even worse, which LoZ game does not the first time you go through it make you talk to people who you won't have to 2nd time through, people who tell you random **** that helps you know where to go or what extra stuff you can do.

D

Deleted member

Midna and Wolf Link??

Maybe JUST Midna but definitely not Wolf Link too. We already have one Link and it doesn't matter if Wolf Link loks different from Link. Besides, Midna herself pretty much has a straight forward moveset.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
exactly...

and seriously blazer please, what would you do to improve TP and why were there "no puzzles or battles"

if by no you mean easy...I completely agree...lately Zelda games have been getting too easy...but that doesnt mean it LACKS it...(it being battles/puzzles)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Midna and Wolf Link??

Maybe JUST Midna but definitely not Wolf Link too. We already have one Link and it doesn't matter if Wolf Link loks different from Link. Besides, Midna herself pretty much has a straight forward moveset.
I don't know if you have read the complete thread, but maybe you should. Anyways I won't argue against you, since you are entitled to your opinion and if you are anything like Zevox, Omegaslayer or that other dude (too lazy to look up for name), we will just end up wasting time, since I will probably not convince you and you will probably not convince me to think differently of what we do currently. I myself am really stubborn and wont change my opinion about Midna + WL, I love the combo and I am a proud defender of it, not that I really care that much if they get into Brawl but if one is to get in I hope they get in as a combo and not a Midna/WL solo. Or at least as was previously stated in the thread give Midna an abiity to summon WL, this would change very few of her moves, change her speed and jump height, plus hitboxes. This would actually make both Midna solos and Midna + WL happy.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Meh. I always thought that TP was overrated. Seriously... the Wolf/Tears of Light parts were basically shoved down your throat. Imho, TWW and OOT was much better than TP.

*holds up flame shield*

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I always thought OoT was overrated..........cuz it is....but w/e...(I still love it dont get me wrong)

Zevox

Smash Lord
Meh. I always thought that TP was overrated. Seriously... the Wolf/Tears of Light parts were basically shoved down your throat. Imho, TWW and OOT was much better than TP.

*holds up flame shield*
*shrugs* I wasn't a fan of the Wolf/Tears of Light parts either, but I still think TP is easily one of the two best Zelda games ever, probably the best, just above OoT, due to its stellar story. Wind Waker was very good, but too short, and the Triforce shard gathering and Tingle were too annoying IMO.

Zevox

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
*shrugs* I wasn't a fan of the Wolf/Tears of Light parts either, but I still think TP is easily one of the two best Zelda games ever, probably the best, just above OoT, due to its stellar story. Wind Waker was very good, but too short, and the Triforce shard gathering and Tingle were too annoying IMO.

Zevox
Yea, TP was definetly better than all other Zeldas. The only one thats comparable is OoT.

Grod

Smash Apprentice
First, off, Oot, was better. End of story.

Secondly, this is a stupid argument and is barely related to this thread, it seems. Can we please get back on topic?

I think Midna should definitely be in, but not with wolf; it just doesn't seem like it would be as fun. Also, Midna by herself seems like she would be easier to control. Of course I could be wrong there, but those are my impressions.

EDIT: I do like Raykz's idea about being able to summon wolf Link, too. It makes me happy. Don't know exactly how it would work, but it would be the sickness.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
My opinion:

OOT > TP >>>>>> WW

I agree with the above poster, if she makes it we don't need Wolf Link. We only need one Link in this game.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
My opinion:

OOT > TP >>>>>> WW

I agree with the above poster, if she makes it we don't need Wolf Link. We only need one Link in this game.
We seem to have two Samus characters already. The Samus/Zero suit and Midna solo/with Wolflink concept operate on the same general principal (disregarding transformations) that is: two given playable characters are derived from the same core character, but the core character has two different incarnations so distinct from one-another that in terms of a SSB character, they can be two entirely different character slots. If that is the best argument against the combination, Sakurai and the development may have already disregarded that concept with Samus/Z suit Samus.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, Midna is the most deserving character from the Zelda series... Vaati is not popular enough, plus 2 playables bosses isn't likely. Tingle... well I didn't know it was so liked, but imo, he would look weird sitting next to Zelda, Link and Ganondorf on the roster.

I prefer her as a standalone character, with one of her special moves or her final smash involving Wolf Link. But if the only way for her to be in is on Wolf Link's back, then I won't complain.

King Helmaroc

Smash Rookie
Whoa. If anything has started to convince me so far, it's that. I can actually start to see Midna in this. Maybe have Wolf Link as one of her B attacks, and as part of her Final Smash.

IMO, OoT: Really good; WW: Also good, just not quite as much; TP: Just barely tops OoT. Still better, though. And trust me, I can understand you people's opinions on OoT > TP. I just don't like how you won't exept ours.

Okay, I just really like making movesets. XP

Midna's moveset

B: Charges up that shadow ball thing from the Hyrule Castle Dungeon, and unleashes it. It instantly bursts and does damage in front of you. The longer you hold it down, the farther it goes. (Imagine Zelda's 'Din's Fire', but without the lag of the fire going through the air.) Even knockback/damage ratio.
Down B: Just like my Wolf Link one, exept that Wolf Link Twili-portals in, does the attack with Midna, then Twili-portals out. (This all happens quickly)
Up B: 'Twilights' upwards. High damage, virtually no knockback.
Side B: Dang, I can't think of anything cool enough. :p

A Combo: Pushes her hand forward and makes some dark energy stuff. Deas it again with other hand, then uses both for a semi-uber attack.
A Up: Does a flip kick.
A Forward: Slaps forward with her hair/hand.
A Down: Spins around on the ground, hitting people with her hair/hand and feet.
A Sliding: Stabs forward with the weird thing she does on Zant.
A Air: A cool sort of dark forcefeild blast. Low range.

Smash Forward: Stabs with her hair like the Sliding A.
Smash Down: Slaps ground with her hair/hand.
Smash Up: Punches up with hair/hand.

Final Smash: Midna transforms using the fused shadows, and walks around the background, attacking people with her spear, hands and such. Meanwhile, you take control of Wolf Link. He has no B attacks, but he is preaty good with the A's. It wears off after a little while.

Yup, you may just have convinced me. Midna for Brawl. ^^

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
... if you are anything like Zevox, Omegaslayer or that other dude (too lazy to look up for name.
You can't remember my username? >:

It's all good though, but I didn't think I was 'that' stubborn like you mentioned earlier, if you were referring to me. I still think it's sensible for Midna to throw her own weight around without Wolf Link. Not even having a summoning trait for a smash or special.

The sole reason why I was arguing with you was because I'm envisioning that we are getting mo more than ~32 characters, 40 tops (which is stretching it). And there are other characters that I am almost sure of that are in the game that are yet confirmed, like Geno, Luigi, Mr. Game&Watch, Ganondorf, an F-Zero representative (C. Falcon or Rick Wheeler). Officially, we have 22 characters, minus Zero Suit Samus, since she is not a true character addition. With the other characters I mentioned earlier, that pans out to be 27, which means the minimal count of true character additions would mount to 5.

I do apologize to Ridley fans, because I think his chances of being playable have been cut drastically since Bowser's profile states that he is "the biggest and heaviest" of the bunch. If anything, even if they were to resize Ridley, he should be bigger than Bowser in every respect. I would hope I'm wrong, but that's what I'm seeing. I'm kind of thinking Olimar is next in line since Ridley is out of the picture.

Back on topic--I do agree with about all of you about her appearance in Brawl. She seems to be the series' current most popular character. The fact (or opinion if you think otherwise) being that Twilight Princess was on a console and not on a hand held which usually get more attention in most cases. So I don't consider Vaati as eligible as Midna.

It's undeniable that games like the New Super Mario Bros. and Phantom Hourglass on hand helds gets as much attention as Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy on consoles, unless they originate on a hand held like the Pokemon franchise.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You can't remember my username? >:

It's all good though, but I didn't think I was 'that' stubborn like you mentioned earlier, if you were referring to me. I still think it's sensible for Midna to throw her own weight around without Wolf Link. Not even having a summoning trait for a smash or special.

The sole reason why I was arguing with you was because I'm envisioning that we are getting mo more than ~32 characters, 40 tops (which is stretching it). And there are other characters that I am almost sure of that are in the game that are yet confirmed, like Geno, Luigi, Mr. Game&Watch, Ganondorf, an F-Zero representative (C. Falcon or Rick Wheeler). Officially, we have 22 characters, minus Zero Suit Samus, since she is not a true character addition. With the other characters I mentioned earlier, that pans out to be 27, which means the minimal count of true character additions would mount to 5.

I do apologize to Ridley fans, because I think his chances of being playable have been cut drastically since Bowser's profile states that he is "the biggest and heaviest" of the bunch. If anything, even if they were to resize Ridley, he should be bigger than Bowser in every respect. I would hope I'm wrong, but that's what I'm seeing. I'm kind of thinking Olimar is next in line since Ridley is out of the picture.

Back on topic--I do agree with about all of you about her appearance in Brawl. She seems to be the series' current most popular character. The fact (or opinion if you think otherwise) being that Twilight Princess was on a console and not on a hand held which usually get more attention in most cases. So I don't consider Vaati as eligible as Midna.

It's undeniable that games like the New Super Mario Bros. and Phantom Hourglass on hand helds gets as much attention as Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy on consoles, unless they originate on a hand held like the Pokemon franchise.
Darky Dee! Now I remember :p

When I said the stubborn part I was aiming it at all of us, including me :p.

When I meant Midna could summon WL I din't mean for an attack, I meant you either summon him, or you don't. Summoning him would change few of your attacks but leave some the same, and it would improve some aspects of the character while worsening others.

I guess there aren't many characters left to announce, but I don't think the roster will be less than 35, my guess is 37-40.

Edit: To Elaborate more. Sakurai is missing some Veteran sort of obvious ones. Captain Falcon, G&W, Jiggs, Luigi, Ganandorf. And then some other newcomers or redone veterans: Geno, Mewtwo/New 4th Pokemon representative, 4th Zelda representative (Most probable Midna w/ or w/o WL), 2nd Starfox representative, 2nd metroid representative (rooting for Ridley, I am not a fan of him, but I do think metroid deserves a 2nd rep.) and probably a 3rd 3rd party character. This would make the roster 32. I believe there will be at the very least 3 more less expected characters, getting the roster up to 35-40. Just my opinion

Everything else is quoted for thruth :p (and for lazynes)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
So, does anyone know that Midna could be update on the DOJO soon? Trying not to be high hoping, but just thinking they may show her up there or something.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
I think that if there is goint to be a character update, it will be of a new franchise. But I am sure there will be a new TLOZ rep, and Midna has the highest chances (between Skull Kid, Zant, Vaati, WW Link and Tingle). And maybe WW Link isn't a trouble because he could replace Young Link.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Well WW Link being on the game wouldn't really kill me, but if he blocks the chances of Midna being on there, it won't be forgiving. However, we'll be expect just new franchises updates for a while, so we won't really know a lot until the game comes out or that roster that possibly gives out most of the characters for the game on Dec 15th.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Meh, she lost to Ridley and an anorexic teen with Pokemans. Oh well, that's what you get for being absent for a while. By the way, we need some more supporters to come in.

Top Bottom