• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

Black/Light

Smash Master
You can argue all you like, Ivysaur might be very fast on the ground, but I'll be ****ed if it's overall very mobile and flexible. Imagine that thing flipping and double-jumping and performing aerials and stuff. The bud on its back is as LARGE as ITSELF. Certain maneuvers just aren't possible for it without looking extremely awkward.
1, Ivy can 2x jump/ perform aerials/ flip just fine.:dizzy:

2. If you think Ivy would look award like that than why would you want Midna to be the same way?

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I think that Midna with wolflink would be awkward. What would they be called? w.link? midna? w.link & midna? doesn't really sound right IMO. It'd also be rather awkward when they are hit, is Midna's a** glued to w.link back or what? Also like others have said, that wouldn't really be representing her as a character to have link tagging along.

Yeah, I rather want Midna solo.

Fawriel

Smash Master
1, Ivy can 2x jump/ perform aerials/ flip just fine.:dizzy:

2. If you think Ivy would look award like that than why would you want Midna to be the same way?
$)(/"4§)(/!"`=)$

I know Ivysaur can obviously double-jump and perform aerials and **** but it won't be very mobile overall and it would look awkward if it flipped because it has a frikkin flower the size of Michael Moore on its back!

Midna+Wolf Link worked fine in TP, and yes, apparently she's glued to him. He managed to make flips when hit and when performing spin-attacks and stuff. Ivysaur arguably doesn't have quite the slender build of a majestic wolf, and Midna is pretty negligible ballast.

Please read my posts more carefully next time. =/

Black/Light

Smash Master
$)(/"4§)(/!"`=:)$
&>*&&>^<$%$> to you too. . .
I know Ivysaur can obviously double-jump and perform aerials and **** but it won't be very mobile overall and it would look awkward if it flipped because it has a frikkin flower the size of Michael Moore on its back!
1, how do you know how "mobile" Ivy is?

2,"Imagine that thing flipping and double-jumping and performing aerials and stuff. The bud on its back is as LARGE as ITSELF. Certain maneuvers just aren't possible for it without looking extremely awkward."

You DID group all does things together as looking "awkward".

3. How "un-awkward" will Wolf Link look compared to Ivy?

Please read my posts more carefully next time. =/
I think you should read your post more carefully homs.

Fawriel

Smash Master
1, how do you know how "mobile" Ivy is?

2,"Imagine that thing flipping and double-jumping and performing aerials and stuff. The bud on its back is as LARGE as ITSELF. Certain maneuvers just aren't possible for it without looking extremely awkward."

You DID group all does things together as looking "awkward".

3. How "un-awkward" will Wolf Link look compared to Ivy?

I think you should read your post more carefully homs.
1. Ivysaur is a double-decker. Case closed.

2. I did also say "certain maneuvers". Obviously it'll have some way of performing double jumps and whatever, but I'll eat my hat if those will in any way make it look like a graceful bird in the sky.

3. On a scale from 1 to 10, Ivysaur would look really awkward performing acrobatic **** while Wolf Link with Midna would look "been there done that".

And what on EARTH is a "homs"?

EDIT: Actually, don't reply. This is pretty much the most useless argument I've had all day. Which surprisingly isn't saying much, but still, I don't even remember how the hell we got on this topic. Bah.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
1. Ivysaur is a double-decker. Case closed.

2. I did also say "certain maneuvers". Obviously it'll have some way of performing double jumps and whatever, but I'll eat my hat if those will in any way make it look like a graceful bird in the sky.

3. On a scale from 1 to 10, Ivysaur would look really awkward performing acrobatic **** while Wolf Link with Midna would look "been there done that".

EDIT: Actually, don't reply. This is pretty much the most useless argument I've had all day. Which surprisingly isn't saying much, but still, I don't even remember how the hell we got on this topic. Bah.
1. So Ivysaur's flower makes it a double decker but a wolf with an imp on it's back doesn't?
2. What does Ivisaur's air performance have to do with wolf link?
3. Yeah, a wolf jumping in midair and spinning/flipping/ biting in the midair isn't awkward at all (sarcasm)

Fawriel

Smash Master
1. So Ivysaur's flower makes it a double decker but a wolf with an imp on it's back doesn't?
2. What does Ivisaur's air performance have to do with wolf link?
3. Yeah, a wolf jumping in midair and spinning/flipping/ biting in the midair isn't awkward at all (sarcasm)
*groan*

1. Yes. Because the flower is huge. Midna is tiny. Not to mention that look at their frikkin LEGS.
2. That's what I'm wondering, too.
3. It's happened in the game. How about you go play it.

I somehow had the feeling already that it was better to avoid this thread.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hey, I just came in here on a whim, and I was wondering something. How do people who support Wolf Link and Midna justify how the two will act, when one is hit and the other isn’t? Since they are fused, unlike the Ice Climbers, how would that work? It’s probably been answered though, but this is a big topic. o_o

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Hey, I just came in here on a whim, and I was wondering something. How do people who support Wolf Link and Midna justify how the two will act, when one is hit and the other isn’t? Since they are fused, unlike the Ice Climbers, how would that work? It’s probably been answered though, but this is a big topic. o_o
The same way they did in TP. They both would flinch. Its just a video game, it doest have to make perfect sense.

Black/Light

Smash Master
*groan*

1. Yes. Because the flower is huge. Midna is tiny. Not to mention that look at their frikkin LEGS.

I somehow had the feeling already that it was better to avoid this thread.

1.http://www.zelda.com/universe/_img/game/twilightprincess/set1/ss2.jpg
and this http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070813c-l.jpg
Midna has a big head and Wolf link aint too short well Ivy's body is much shorter and his flower aint a whole other character.

2. I will eat my hat if for some reason the makers of this game can't make a cartoony made up monster look as graceful as a realistic looking Wolf with a imp on it's back when doing all these things.

3. How do you know Ivy is going to look awkward in the game? And W link has only tackled and back flipped with midna in TP. . . they never did anything other than that in the air so theres no "been there, done that" facture.

And "Homs" is the short Latian way to say the slang word "Homie".
Work on your slang homs lol http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=homes

Fawriel

Smash Master
3. How do you know Ivy is going to look awkward in the game? And W link has only tackled and back flipped with midna in TP. . . they never did anything other than that in the air so theres no "been there, done that" facture.
*rolls eyes*
Ivy will not look awkward. Although it arguably already did in the screenshot where it got the Smash Ball. But, no, it will not look awkward, because I'm certain that it will NOT be pulling any impossible aerial stunts.

...hrmph. But admittedly, I envisioned the flower on Ivy's back to be much larger than that in my mind.
Point stands that Wolf Link is much more slender and aerodynamic and Midna is still smaller.
But whatever, this argument is going nowhere and serves no purpose. I'm ending it here.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Midna
(It is a Wolf Link/Midna team, but they will be referred to as Midna by the announcer.)

Stats:

Attack: ***
Average

Attack Speed: ****
Wolves (like foxes) are naturally agile and quick.

Reach: *****
Because of Midna’s hair-extensions (no joke intended), she will have good reach.

Jump: ***
Both of Wolf Link’s jumps combined would equal one of Fox’s second jump (because wolves are not built to jump.) However, Midna brings this up with her teleport abilities. All-in-all, it would be average.

Gravity: ****
Wolves have a lower point of gravity, so they have better traction than a biped.

Height: ** (and a half.)
Wolf Link is about as tall as Ness, but add in Midna and he’s taller.

Weight: **
Because Midna is so small and light, Wolf Link has all of the weight here.

Wall-Jump: No

Playing Style: You would control Wolf Link for about half of the “A” attacks, all the movement (walking, running, etc.), the first two jumps, and very few air and “B” attacks. Midna would handle some “A” attacks, all/most of the “B” attacks, all/most of the aerial attacks, control the “third jump”, and control the “Super“ attack. Midna uses all handheld and equip items, while Wolf Link uses all throwing items.

Fighter Stance: Wolf Link would stand on all fours (duh) in a “ready to fight”-like pose. While Midna would hold onto Wolf Link with both hands and lower her head. Stand still for a little bit and Midna will look around.

Movement Speed: One notch lower than Fox.

Taunt: Wolf Link sits and looks back at Midna while she yawns in classic Twilight Princess style.

Victory Music: The music from Twilight Princess anytime you defeated a boss/learned a hidden skill.

Victory Poses:
1) Wolf Link jumps around in circles trying to get Midna off of his back (like when she first mounted him.) The picture freezes with Wolf Link’s front paws on the ground, back paws in the air, and Midna hanging on for dear life.
2) Wolf Link howls and then spins (like in TP.)
3) A Moblin is seen on the screen. Suddenly, Wolf Link comes from the side and (easily) vanquishes the Moblin. As the Moblin “poofs”, Wolf Link and Midna turn to face you.
(Open to suggestions)

Icon (face): Triforce (Midna)

Levels:

Stage: Kakariko Village - Unlocked once Midna becomes playable. This level is very similar to Onett. There is no falling on this level. KO is only possible on the left, right, and up. Start with the shrine on one side, put Barnes’ Bomb shop on the other, and add every building against the western cliff side between the two.
You fight on the roofs of the buildings with two gaps. The first gap in between the shrine and the first house, while the second gap is between Barnes’ shop and the last house. These gaps will let you fight on the ground between them. You can also fight on the other side of Barnes’ shop and the shire, but it’s dangerously close to the level edge.
Level Hazard: Every now and then, a Goron will roll by and harm anyone caught in the path (down in the gaps.)

Adventure Mode Level: Twilight Palace - You start at the bottom of the palace and have to fight several Twilight-themed monsters while making it to the top. You can not advance to the next floor of the level until all the monsters in the area are defeated. After about 5-6 floors, you arrive at the top for a 300 stamina battle against Zant. Note: Zant does NOT become playable if defeated. Also, Zant’s life decreases to 150 on Easy, 75 on Very Easy, and increases to 450 on Hard, 600 on Very Hard.

How to Unlock: Defeat Zant in Very Hard difficulty Adventure mode with Link.

Items:
Gale Boomerang - Throwing item. Once thrown, the boomerang releases a small tornado around it. If the boomerang hits anyone, they are engulfed in the tornado, spun around, and thrown into the air [think Hyrule Castle from SSB] (the boomerang then returns to the thrower.) If it doesn’t hit anyone, the boomerang returns. The boomerang can be thrown three times. Can also be used to grab items from a distance and put them at your feet. Unlike Link’s boomerang, it will not return if you don’t catch it.

Oocca - Throwing item. Basically, they are the new Mr. Saturn item.

Shadow Stone - Equip item. Gives the user wolf-like characteristics (tails, ears, fur, etc.) and temporarily increases attack speed (gives them wolf-like agility,) but not movement speed. Works in the same way that the Bunnyhood, Super Mushroom, and Metal Box do.
(In retrospect, this item would be tricky to see on Wolf, Krystal, or Fox.)

Alternate Colors:

Inverted - Midna’s white areas become gray, and her grey areas become white. Her hair also becomes blue. Wolf Link also becomes white-ish.
Tunic Green - Wolf Link become the same green as his tunic. Midna stays normal.
(Open to suggestions)

Kirby Hat: Kirby equips Midna’s hat and hair, while the remaining exposed area becomes covered in fur. This symbolizes the Midna/Wolf Link team.
(Open to suggestions) (Needing someone willing to make images)

Moveset:
Because of Midna’s great reach, all of her hair-hand attacks have extended hit-boxes (like a sword.)

NOTE: * = Taken/Modified from Twilight Princess.

A: Chomps forward once.* No knock back. 2%

A twice: Second chomp.* No knock back. 3%

A three: Quickly turns and tail swipes.* Low knock back. 5%

Dash A: Midna’s places her hair-hand in front of Wolf Link and makes a fist; acting as a battering ram. Decent knock back. 6-7%

Forward Tilt: Wolf Link swipes with his claws. Low knock back. 5-8%

Up Tilt: Wolf Link swipes upward with his claws. No knock back. 6-7%

Down Tilt: Wolf Link tilts his head to a diagonal angle and aims for the ankles (or hands if they’re hanging from the edge) with his teeth/fangs. Low knock back, good for edge-guarding. 6-7%

Forward Smash: Wolf Link leans back and puts all of his weight and strength into his back legs. When released, Wolf Link pounces forward ready to bite anything in his path. Decent knock back. 10-14%

Down Smash: Wolf Link quickly spins around with claws, teeth, and fangs attacking anything in the way.* Decent knock back. 10-12%

Up Smash: Midna moves her hand in an arc above her. As her hand makes the arc, a trail of Twili magic is left behind in the form of an offensive barrier. The barrier does not protect against projectiles, but will harm anyone it comes into contact with. It fades about a second or two after it’s made. No knock back, stuns opponent and opens for attacking. 10-12%

Aerial A: Wolf Link spins around using his tail as a weapon. Minor knock back. 3-5%

Aerial Forward A: Wolf Link rolls forward while Midna’s hair-hand slaps in a downward arc-path (think DK‘s F-air with Midna‘s hair-hand acting as his fist and Wolf Link acting as his body.) This is a spike. Great (downward) knock back. 10%

Aerial Back A: Midna’s hair-hand swings around and hits behind her. Decent knock back. 6-9%

Aerial Down A: Wolf Link rolls forward slightly and chomps underneath of himself. No knock back. 5-7%

Aerial Up A: Midna swipes both her hands across each other above her head and shoots three small spheres up; one goes straight up while the other two are angled 45 degrees. Little knock back.* 5-7%

Forward Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand, rears back, and then smashes the target into the ground in front of Wolf Link. Low knock back. 7-10%

Back Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand, smashes them against the ground behind her, then smashes them against the ground in front of Wolf Link, and then finally throws them behind her. Decent (backwards) knock back. 4%, then 4%, then 2%

Up Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand, and throws them backwards… catapult style. Good knock back. 2%

Down Throw: Midna grabs the target with her hair-hand and pins them against the ground. Then Wolf Link attacks using his “finish the poe” maneuver.* No knock back. 13%

B: Dark Energy - A 360 degree sphere of Midna‘s magic surrounds Wolf Link. It is a chargeable attack, but cannot be saved. You will also have restricted movement while charging. While it is charging, any enemies that enter the sphere become highlighted to show that they are targeted. Once “B“ is released (or the attack has been held too long) Wolf Link will perform a near-impossible to dodge chain of quick attacks. The only real way to avoid being hit is to get out of Wolf Link‘s jump range. All highlighted targets will be auto-targeted and attacked (unless they avoid it) with increasing damage per target (I.e. target one takes the least damage while target three takes the most.) If there are no targets highlighted, then Wolf Link does his “Down Smash” with increased lag. In the air (and if used correctly,) this attack can become a nice recovery, but it’s very risky because Wolf Link is stunned until he hit’s the ground if no targets are highlighted. Great knock back regardless of damage, best used in close-quarter combat.* 5%, then 10%, then 15%

Up B: Twili Teleport - This is the only move that keeps Wolf Link’s jumping stat from getting a one star. It works identical to Zelda’s, with some slight modifications. Midna turns herself and Wolf Link into the “twilight squares” and teleports in the direction selected. The big difference between the two is the damage. Zelda‘s causes damage while she is casting the spell. Midna‘s would cause damage after the spell is cast and she is moving. Minor damage is given for each “square” that the target is hit with. No knock back.* 1% per square

Down B: Hair Fist - Midna turns her hair into a giant fist. Then both she and Wolf Link rear back to get some extra momentum. They both then come forward and she pounds the ground in front of her. Getting hit with the fist before it hit’s the ground causes some decent knock back and damage. Getting hit with the fist into the ground causes you to take the full damage, but has no knock back (because you’re being flattened into the ground.) The pounding also creates a small shockwave. The closer you are to the center of the shockwave (without being under the fist) the more damage and knock back you take. Of all of their attacks, this one has the worst lag. Very dangerous attack at upper percentages (60+.) Should only be used when you can guarantee a hit. 20%

Forward B: Hair Spear - Remember how Midna…dispatched of Zant? Pretty much all I need to do to sum it up. She launches a spear made out of her hair at the target causing a nice bit of damage. Good knock back.* 10-15%

Super Smash: Fused Shadow Creature - Midna equips the Fused Shadows and uses the giant spear to “impale” one target for massive damage.* 75%

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
Midna alone would be much better than her with wolf link. 1.) i dont like the idea of there being two of the same characters in brawl. 2.) it would be great to see midna on her own without the help of wolf link.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Midna alone would be much better than her with wolf link. 1.) i dont like the idea of there being two of the same characters in brawl. 2.) it would be great to see midna on her own without the help of wolf link.
i dont see midna on her own, ever making it. Shes small, her heads as big as her body, doesnt walk (and floats so slowly), super light, never seen her fighting on her own, limited options. The other form of minda (her ture form) you saw for a few minutes, wouldnt expect her to be in.

Alot of people seems to think midna on wolf links back would be akward, and, it will be, but for the most part she is a shadow, she is light, and can flatten down close to wolf link. Wolf Link and Midnas hair hand give so many moves that can be used... Infact, the only problem i can really think of is the 2nd jump.

vesperview

Smash Hero
i dont see minda on her own, ever making it. Shes small, her heads as big as her body, doesnt walk (and floats so slowly), super light, never seen her fighting on her own, limited options. The other form of minda (her ture form) you saw for a few minutes, wouldnt expect her to be in.

Alot of people seems to think minda on wolf links back would be akward, and, it will be, but for the most part she is a shadow, she is light, and can flatten down close to wolf link. Wolf Link and Mindas hair hand give so many moves that can be used... Infact, the only problem i can really think of is the 2nd jump.
We never saw Peach or Zelda fight yet they are in Smash, that's a bad argument... I think the Wolf would really get in the way of her having an amazing moveset.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Midna Solo would be alot better...calling the Midna + Wolf Link team just "Midna" is frikin ********...you could argue with the Ice Climbers but thats the thing...Popo and Nana are Ice Climbers....they have a title......Midna and Link dont have a title to go by...Midna makes alot more sense by herself and can have an original moveset that works taking it entirely from TP...

Zevox

Smash Lord
i dont see minda on her own, ever making it. Shes small, her heads as big as her body, doesnt walk (and floats so slowly), super light, never seen her fighting on her own, limited options. The other form of minda (her ture form) you saw for a few minutes, wouldnt expect her to be in.
We've had small characters before - Kirby is only supposed to be 8 inches tall, yet he got in at an appropriate size. Her head is by no means as big as her body, even if you factor in the Fused Shadow piece she wears. Theres no reason she couldn't walk - she has feet, you know - or be made to float fast enough to be feasible (compared to changes made to other characters, thats hardly a big deal). Being super light didn't stop the likes of Pikachu, Pichu, Kirby, etc from getting in. Other characters who never fought on their own have gotten in - Captain Falcon, Zelda, and Mr Game & Watch come to mind. Her options are only as limited as the imagination of the person who designs her - she has hands and feet, and so can punch and kick, and she has magic, which leads to a whole slew of possibilities for her abilities.

Really, having the Wolf would only detract from her, making it the main focus of the character (it would most likely do most of the fighting, with claws and teeth). If Midna is to be in, it should be as herself, not as the baggage to some minor Link transformation.

UsernameLink said:
Infact, the only problem i can really think of is the 2nd jump.
You're kidding. Double-jumping is physically impossible to begin with, but you can see it working on all the other characters, yet not a Wolf? Wow.

Zevox

vesperview

Smash Hero
Plus I don't think the whole tag team premise applies if both parties have different movesets, plus, the wolf just bites, the only combined move they have is when they create a forcefield to grab all of the twilight enemies at the same time, and that's all Midna's anyway.

I would love if Midna grab the big hand in her head and started throwing Wolf Link to other characters for extra damage though. *kidding*

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
your post is so logical Zevox (no sarcasm here...look somewhere else...)

Kaento

Smash Apprentice

Alot of people seems to think minda on wolf links back would be akward, and, it will be, but for the most part she is a shadow, she is light, and can flatten down close to wolf link. Wolf Link and Mindas hair hand give so many moves that can be used... Infact, the only problem i can really think of is the 2nd jump.
wow, she's small and has a big head... I GUESS THAT MEANS JIGGZ WONT COME BACK BECAUSE SHE'S JUST A BIG ROUND BALL!!!-__- Did you ever see mewtwo walk? yea, he floated just like midna. jigglypuff is way more light than midna. Actually, she did fight on her own. if you played the game, (*spoiler ahead*) she killed zant with not even half of her power. plus like vesperview said, peach was never seen fighting outside of smash. Limited options??? fused shadows? the hand that forms out of her hair?

that's a bad argument...
seriously.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Fine, bad arguement, nice attacks on a post btw. Incase you havnt noticed, i want wolf link in, not minda, she just comes with the package.... Infact thats the reason for the post, i see a wolf link being able to fight better than some little imp, and her attacking? You mean when she uses her fused shadows? she doesnt do much else attack wise, she could get more moves, but i prefer stuff that happened compared to stuff just made up... Most of you want just Midna, and thinking that midna wont be as good with wolf link, ture, but wolf link himself would be amazing, and thats who i want.
Btw she doesnt walk, she floats, if she is a charcter on her own, she will float. Midna on her own is possibe, but a wolf link is better imho

Zevox, wolf link cant jump up high that was all i ment by the 2nd jump, and minor link trasformation? It was a main part in TP, and Minda was only a main part in TP too... the main diffrence is one you controlled, and one was more of the story plot

Kaento, i see how jiggs can work but not how midna can, im sorry, i guess thats just me. "Limited options??? fused shadows? the hand that forms out of her hair?" hmm, you seem to list fused shadows, which turns her giant an extremely powerful... final smash move at best. Then her hand, yes, that is the main view of her power in a normal fight. But, thats just one way of fighting, you didnt prove it wasnt limited at all.
Zevox mentioned magic powers, and good ideas, made good points, i respect his post, but not yours.

Go on, flame away then...

vesperview

Smash Hero
Fine, bad arguement, nice attacks on a post btw. Incase you havnt noticed, i want wolf link in, not minda, she just comes with the package.... Infact thats the reason for the post, i see a wolf link being able to fight better than some little imp, and her attacking? You mean when she uses her fused shadows? she doesnt do much else attack wise, she could get more moves, but i prefer stuff that happened compared to stuff just made up... Most of you want just Minda, and thinking that minda wont be as good with wolf link, ture, but wolf link himself would be amazing, and thats who i want.
Btw she doesnt walk, she floats, if she is a charcter on her own, she will float. Minda on her own is possibe, but a wolf link is better imho

Zevox, wolf link cant jump up high that was all i ment by the 2nd jump, and minor link trasformation? It was a main part in TP, and Minda was only a main part in TP too... the main diffrence is one you controlled, and one was more of the story plot

Kaento, i see how jiggs can work but not how minda can, im sorry, i guess thats just me. "Limited options??? fused shadows? the hand that forms out of her hair?" hmm, you seem to list fused shadows, which turns her giant an extremely powerful... final smash move at best. Then her hand, yes, that is the main view of her power in a normal fight. But, thats just one way of fighting, you didnt prove it wasnt limited at all.
Zevox mentioned magic powers, and good ideas, made good points, i respect his post, but not yours.

Go on, flame away then...
No one can come up with a decent moveset for Wolf Link alone... seriously he just howls and bites.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
No one can come up with a decent moveset for Wolf Link alone... seriously he just howls and bites.
Well, he does his tail spin thing, bites, charges into enemys, claws. But, your right, he does need midna to be turely useful with non stale moves.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
Well, he does his tail spin thing, bites, charges into enemys, claws. But, your right, he does need minda to be turely useful with non stale moves.
eh, wolf's attacks would be boring and midna's would pwn. that's why there's no reason to include him, it would just be a waist of more amazing attacks for midna;)

Zevox

Smash Lord
Incase you havnt noticed, i want wolf link in, not minda, she just comes with the package....
Thats where we have a fundamental disagreement, then. I want Midna, but definitely not the wolf. It would be a waste of a character from my perspective - its little more important to Twilight Princess than most of the items, and its a thoroughly uninteresting character concept (Link turned into an animal... big deal). On the other hand, you have Midna, the magic-wielding, mysterious being of otherworldly nature with an attitude and a fascinating story behind her. Definitely a big difference there.

UsernameLink said:
Infact thats the reason for the post, i see a wolf link being able to fight better than some little imp, and her attacking? You mean when she uses her fused shadows? she doesnt do much else attack wise, she could get more moves, but i prefer stuff that happened compared to stuff just made up...
Doesn't matter that she didn't fight much in her own game - neither did Peach, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Fox, and so on, and yet they all got in with largely made up abilities (Peach's explosive hip move, for instance; or Fox's Fire Fox; or how Zelda got spells that Link used in the game). The fact that none of her moves need to be taken directly from her game even gives the designers more room for creativity, which I personally think is wonderful, especially in the case of a sorceress like her.

UsernameLink said:
That last is just the thing - the wolf was a minor part of the game overall. It was forced on you while you were in the twilight realm, then after you fixed that you gained the ability to use it any time, and thats it. It became nothing more than another option for your abilities, little different from a simple piece of equipment. There wasn't even much of an explanation for why it was in there in the first place - Link just changed into it when he entered the twilight realm, and that was it. It could have been left out entirely and the game would change scant little. Not nearly the case with Midna.

Zevox

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd love to see Midna and Wolf Link together in brawl....

For the recovery move, Wolf link could...Pounce on the wind(really fast) and Midna could use her Magical Hand to attack enimies and grab onto ledges.

If Sakurai doesn't add Midna &Wolf link in Brawl, he's mad. After all Midna is one of the most main charecters in Twilight Princess maybe even more then Zelda even.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Doesn't matter that she didn't fight much in her own game - neither did Peach, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Fox, and so on, and yet they all got in with largely made up abilities (Peach's explosive hip move, for instance; or Fox's Fire Fox; or how Zelda got spells that Link used in the game). The fact that none of her moves need to be taken directly from her game even gives the designers more room for creativity, which I personally think is wonderful, especially in the case of a sorceress like her.
Zevox
Exactly. And I'm sure that Sakurai and his team could create some very interesting Twili magic for her.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I think another LoZ character is pretty likely so my guess would be Midna. *prays*

Top Bottom