• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

Smash Ace
I want characters to actually have down+B's that do damage, since I overuse down+B on the following characters:

Dr. Mario
Mario
Luigi
DK
Link*
Ganondorf
YL
Samus
C. Falcon
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox*
Falco*
Pikachu*
Jigglypuff*
Pichu
Roy**
Marth

* indicates characters I overuse it with
** indicates characters I REALLY overuse it with

what I'm implying is that I want Midna by herself (yeah, I said it a page or two back. sue me.) so she won't have some weird transforming move.

(BTW, I guarentee I'll be using Wario's down+B very frequently.)

Midna + true form + Brawl - Wolf Link + cookie = BIG WIN!!!

Sinn

Smash Lord
The only thing I worry about True Form Midna being playable is that if she's a magic wielding princess from the Zelda series...wouldn't that make her kinda a lot like playing as Zelda?

Black/Light

Smash Master
The only thing I worry about True Form Midna being playable is that if she's a magic wielding princess from the Zelda series...wouldn't that make her kinda a lot like playing as Zelda?
Will Diddy play like DK? Both monkeys from the same series.

They could give Midna attacks based on a "Twilt magic" form of some items in TP like the spinner.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Will Diddy play like DK? Both monkeys from the same series.

They could give Midna attacks based on a "Twilt magic" form of some items in TP like the spinner.
Diddy and DK may both be simians, but while DK is an ape, Diddy is a monkey. This difference in body style alone makes it less likely that they would have ever been made to play similarly.

The difference between Zelda and Ture Form Midna isn't as radical. I just get the feeling that even if Midna's magic were Twili based (that's the magic that involves all those little black squares, right?), playing her could still feel somewhat like being an inverse of Zelda. I know that there are many ways that they could make the two of them very different, but it's still something that sticks out in my mind.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the problem with Midna + Wolf Link is that the main attention is at Wolf Link and Midna is basically using her magic to allow him to double jump and add some moves to the moveset...it really isnt Midna...just like Ice Climbers isnt really just Popo or just Nana or like PT isnt just Squirtle or just Charizard or just Ivysaur....seeing as how there is no proper name for the duo and that itd be ******** to call the character Midna if Wolf Link is doing the majority of the fighting....Midna as a solo character would work alot better...besides she has plenty of moves to draw from TP to create a logical and original moveset

" but Zelda uses magic and she'd be a clone of Mewtwo/Zelda"

not only is that ******** but the majority of people in Smash use fists and kicks...does that mean they are just like each other? No....good....so another character can utilize magic (dark magic need I remind you)...

Jackal478

Smash Ace
I had a dream Midna on WL in brawl. even though i dont want her and WL in....

but guess what. If your a midna fan youd know that she deffinately wouldnt fight in that form and her other form isnt too stand-out-ish

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
it doesnt make sense for her to be in her Twili form...if the Imp form is the most recognizable form and most seen form...thats like saying that the form Ganondorf was in when he presented himself to Zant should be playable....

Black/Light

Smash Master
Like I said before, I think Twilt Midna should be a transformation like Zero. But by all means Imp Midna should be THE Midna in brawl (solo). True form should just be a add on, like Shiek/ Zero suite.

And Sinn, I get what your saying. Yeah, I was being alil out there in that respect. . . maybe Fox and Decloned Falco is a better example. My point was that Zelda's melee B attacks (seems like she kept most of them) are based on Magical attacks Link had in OoT. Well I thought that the same could be done for Midna's true form but just with Items. Like, say her vB could work like the spinner item.

And plus, I have long been a supporter of True Form using a Trident. "But ONLY big super Midna with the Fused Shadows used that weapon". . . Soo? Zelda never did any of her B moves, Link did. And Pitt never had twin daggers that could connect and become a wind-mill-bow thing.
(Just incase someone wants to know why I could see a Trident being given to her.)

Xigger

Smash Lord
Want to know what really makes me laugh about Midna haters? When they say that she isn't important enough because she's only been in one game. And then when you realize that Sheik's role was next to nothing in Ocarina of Time and even Navi was more important than him/her/it..... you just gotta see the irony and laugh!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
and Geno...you should also mention Geno...(who has been in 1 game and a cameo doesnt count...)

Cinder

Smash Master
Uhh...I don't know if I'm interrupting anything, but I came up with a neat idea...
Think back to the end of TP...when Midna was transformed back into her normal self...was it ever said that she couldn't change herself back into her imp form if she wanted to? If not, would it be unreasonable to expect the possibility that she could transform b/w her normal and imp forms? I actually came up with special moves for both forms...

Normal (princess) form...note that my idea for this form is actually a Luigified Zelda...but anyway:
B-Midna surrounds herself in an energy bubble similar to Nayru's love, but instead of reflecting projectiles, Midna heals herself when hit, like Ness's down-B
Side B-Midna throws a ball of energy similar to Din's fire, but it's faster, and only moves in a straight line...
Up B-Midna teleports like Zelda, but when she does it, small Twilight panels (>_< can't think of the names...I'm feeling a little bleh right now...) follow her, doing damage as Midna travels
Down B-transforms into her imp form...

Imp form (this is borrowed from the movelist posted...ah, crap, can't remember where it was...it was on this thread somewhere >_<) Note that this moveset can work with or without Wolf Link:
B-Midna surrounds herself with the energy field from TP (can't think of the name >_<...the one when you hold B in TP...) Even without Wolf Link, she could possibly pull this off...
Side B-Hair spears: Midna launches her hair out in several spears (the move she used to destroy Zant)
Up B-teleports just like her normal form
Down B-transforms into normal form

So, flame me for my lack of memory and crappy idea...unless you actually like it:p...but yeah, discuss! I want feedback!

Cinder

Smash Master
No, she would be boring and pointless without WL.
Well, that's really a matter of opinion...like I said, she could fight with or without WL...either way would be great...and she could have more agility w/o WL...think about it...if she isn't pinned down on the wolf's back, she can move more freely...it wouldn't be as "cool", but she would be much more agile...

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well, that's really a matter of opinion...like I said, she could fight with or without WL...either way would be great...and she could have more agility w/o WL...think about it...if she isn't pinned down on the wolf's back, she can move more freely...it wouldn't be as "cool", but she would be much more agile...
How could she turn into the big thing with the fused shadows if she had the stupid wolf with her? and the princess form wouldn't be her primary form, you only saw her in the end like that.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I certainly want Midna in Brawl, but not the wolf. Midna is her own character and deserving of being represented as such, whereas the wolf is more or less a gimmick, just a new ability for Link in TP. Midna, it could be argued, is the real star of the game that bears her title, whereas the wolf isn't even its own character, its just another form of Link. She has no need of the wolf, and it has no reason to be in Brawl. If Midna is to fight in Brawl, it should her doing the fighting, not Wolf Link with her there as backup.

As for form, Imp form definitely. Thats what she spent most of the game in, thats what shes best known as. Her Twili form existed for only a few short scenes in the entire game. Its her true form on a technicality, true, but not the one in which she endeared herself to her fans, not the one in which she showed herself to be the most fleshed-out, three-dimensional character ever introduced to the Zelda storyline.

Zevox

Cinder

Smash Master
How could she turn into the big thing with the fused shadows if she had the stupid wolf with her? and the princess form wouldn't be her primary form, you only saw her in the end like that.
That's what I'm saying...she'd be more agile WITHOUT wolf Link, and you're right btw...and as for the princess form...I didn't say it was primary form...I was just sayin that it's how she would normally look, hence the name NORMAL form...I'd have said so if I thought that should be her primary...jus' sayin'

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
It's the final smash genius! and if you think Wolf Link and Midna make a good duo in Brawl tell me what the hell could Midna do with the wolf?
Use her hair to attack, teleport, ect...
Basically most of the things she did in the game.

Cinder

Smash Master
You're just a lazy spammer, can't post anything longer than one sentence, if these boards allowed you to go under 10 chars you would probably just write yes and no in every thread.
When did this "friendly" debate turn into a flame-war?
Let me play peacemaker here...*ahem*:

Vesperview: Midna would be a lot more agile without the wolf, and it would be easier to do her FS...but also remember that she could hop off of WL for, like, 10 seconds to do her FS...it's not too unreasonable

Raphtmarqui: WL would be traditional to TP standards (if that makes sense...it doesn't to me...meh...), and he could stay back for maybe 10 seconds for Midna to do her FS...but keep in mind that Midna on her own would be more agile...she could float along the ground a la Mewtwo (faster of course:laugh:)

vesperview

Smash Hero
When did this "friendly" debate turn into a flame-war?
Let me play peacemaker here...*ahem*:

Vesperview: Midna would be a lot more agile without the wolf, and it would be easier to do her FS...but also remember that she could hop off of WL for, like, 10 seconds to do her FS...it's not too unreasonable

Raphtmarqui: WL would be traditional to TP standards (if that makes sense...it doesn't to me...meh...), and he could stay back for maybe 10 seconds for Midna to do her FS...but keep in mind that Midna on her own would be more agile...she could float along the ground a la Mewtwo (faster of course:laugh:)
Thanks for your intervention I suppose.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Midna may not have a *better* moveset alone (I figure they both could have really good movesets) but I think Midna would be better represented, as a character, alone.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Actually, I don't see Wolf Link adding much to the moveset. Just a few bites and leaps. Their "B button spin attack energy field thing" (improv name) could easily be done by Midna alone. Add a Teleport, her "face" Hand attacking and grabbing as well as some A Attacks that use her actual limbs, her ability to hide in a shadow... more than enough.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
I prefer Midna by her own cause even if Wolf link is an essential part of her, Midna has a lot more of potential to be a character. She could use that red hand to grab and hit, use some magic and also hide in a shadow to avoid damage. And in her Final Smash, she could use all the Fused Shadows to became into that giant octopus-like thing. (If someone said this already sorry, but I'm too lazy to read the entire 56 pages of the thread ^^'')
In the other hand WL could be an other character, but would be somehow like Bowser (slow and with some strong attacks)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oy. Somebody thinks that a dark, magical imp riding an enchanted wolf would have no moveset potential? I'll have to disagree...
Something people seem to forget about is that an important part of what makes a character is their mobility. So far, we have only one measly quadruped in Brawl who also happens to be severely handicapped in his mobility due to some giant outgrowth from his back. Wolf Link still managed to be quite agile with Midna riding him.
He would not only add tackles, but full-body attacks, which are surprisingly sparse in current movesets. There are barely any tackles and other attacks that actually cause the user to move, besides the obligatory dash attack. And being quadruped, Wolf-Link could add something in the field of horizontal speed grounded and aerial, but with low jumps.

Sure, Midna is cool enough by herself... I could imagine her like a mix between Zelda and Pikachu. But her riding Wolf Link would just be terribly interesting.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oy. Somebody thinks that a dark, magical imp riding an enchanted wolf would have no moveset potential? I'll have to disagree...
Thats not true but I don't see many people saying that any way.
Something people seem to forget about is that an important part of what makes a character is their mobility. So far, we have only one measly quadruped in Brawl who also happens to be severely handicapped in his mobility due to some giant outgrowth from his back. Wolf Link still managed to be quite agile with Midna riding him.
???Que?? When did we find out how "handicapped" Ivy is? He could verywell be the fastest of the 3 pokemon. And how ever Ivy acts I could very well see Midna on WL acting seeing as Wolf Link would also have something big on his back.

And plus, we only have one measly floating character who happens to be slow and greatly handicapped by his large size.:p

And being quadruped, Wolf-Link could add something in the field of horizontal speed grounded and aerial, but with low jumps.
Midna Solo could add something to the mid-air combat of the whole game. A small, most likely fast, floating character that is good at aerials with a sweet recovery. . . .I would choose that over a mid sized, fast land character that would have a bad aerail game and most likely a not-so-good recovery.

Fawriel

Smash Master
???Que?? When did we find out how "handicapped" Ivy is? He could verywell be the fastest of the 3 pokemon. And how ever Ivy acts I could very well see Midna on WL acting seeing as Wolf Link would also have something big on his back.
You can argue all you like, Ivysaur might be very fast on the ground, but I'll be ****ed if it's overall very mobile and flexible. Imagine that thing flipping and double-jumping and performing aerials and stuff. The bud on its back is as LARGE as ITSELF. Certain maneuvers just aren't possible for it without looking extremely awkward.

That's all I'll say. The rest is all opinion. Midna is awesome. I just think it would open up lots of possibilities if she rode on her wolf buddy while the role of the tiny creature with backflipping skills can theoretically be taken by other characters. *shrugs*

Top Bottom