• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I think Midna would be a great combo added to Wolf Link, TP has plenty of scenes that could easily inspire a move met.

But, didn't the Smash Dojo or a preview at IGN mention Midna appearing on the Bridge of Eldin as a part of the Stage?
(fixing the bridge)

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think Midna would be a great combo added to Wolf Link, TP has plenty of scenes that could easily inspire a move met.

But, didn't the Smash Dojo or a preview at IGN mention Midna appearing on the Bridge of Eldin as a part of the Stage?
(fixing the bridge)
She isn't on the stage, plus it would be kinda stupid for her to end up like that in Brawl, what happens is that the chunk of the bridge gets teleported to the stage via Twilight Realm.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
She isn't on the stage, plus it would be kinda stupid for her to end up like that in Brawl, what happens is that the chunk of the bridge gets teleported to the stage via Twilight Realm.
Whoops. My bad.
That would be a horrible way to be in brawl, agreed.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
i wish i could add something of great substance but after 59 pages i'm sure you've all said anything i could say. :)

i want Midna without Wolf Link. wolf link isn't needed. Midna doesn't *always* need wolf link. she just chose to hook up with link for the purposes of achieving her goals in TP.

Midna will be, and is, more than capable on her own.

i think the real question is...um...

should i worry about spoilers? <_< >_>
what form would she come in? i say imp form. maybe she could transform?

her final smash could either be giant ancient magic form, or her true form.
i'd be fine with any of this. =)

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I'd like a Midna/ Wolf Link Combo. Sadly, I have a huge feeling that Midna alone will be an AT with her one giant red hand attack. I hope not. If anything though, I hope wolf Link is in playable form. It's unlikely, I know. Being wolf Link was my favorite part of the game, so I would just love for Link's wolf form to be in Brawl. BTW, the reason being is that I have an immense adoration for real wolves. ^_^

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Midna and/or Micaiah.

That's all I ask for Sakurai.
You wouldn't ignore the hopes of the players, would you?

Please! I need my Zelda/Micaiah, Zelda/Midna, Zelda/Midna/Micaiah team to form!

Duality

Smash Journeyman
I think it should be Wolf Link alone or Wolf Link with Midna, not just Midna. It'd be interesting to have a 4 legged medium/heavy (heavy with Midna, cause she's a fatty and medium without) character, not another lightweight.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Midna alone would be fine, along with ripping Zelda's down special with transforming into the sexier human model so we can get two characters for the price of one.

Different move sets, stats, and gameplay, same final smash that has her transform into her beast form that she turns into to break the seal on Hyrule Castle.

I am not feeling adding Wolf Link to the general idea, because the fact that Link is already a playable character and is a human. It would just seem off beat again.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I don't believe Midna's important enough to be her own character, but I wouldn't declare a war on Nintendo if she got in.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Midna alone would be fine, along with ripping Zelda's down special with transforming into the sexier human model so we can get two characters for the price of one.

Different move sets, stats, and gameplay, same final smash that has her transform into her beast form that she turns into to break the seal on Hyrule Castle.

I am not feeling adding Wolf Link to the general idea, because the fact that Link is already a playable character and is a human. It would just seem off beat again.
I fully agree. Why should the LoZ series just have "the 3 main characters and different forms of Link. . . TP Link/ Y. Link in Celda style (IF he comes back at all) and Wolf Link over shadowing Midna who was a friggin star of TP"?

Midna is good on her own, no need to force another Link on us. (Plus, we already see TP Link doesn't transform into Wolf Link at all. . . so why have Wolf Link as a selection character? Unlike Y link and adult link TP Link has the power to simply transform when he wants to like OoT Zelda without jumping 7 years in time)

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I don't think we'll be seeing different forms of characters as seperate in this game. How could you have a Link AND Wolf-Link in Subspace?

Midna only? Sound better; she would make a really interesting addition to the game. I'm thinking Ness-like physics with Raven from TT-like abilities.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
EXACTLY. Its stupid have, say, dr. mario and mario, or link and y. link. And Nintendo learned from there mistakes. So they won't do it again. YES, I know they were clones, and wolf link wouldn't be a clone, but still, Link already has enough fame. Let Midna shine. She can have a good moveset without wolf link to ride upon. MAYBEhe could be part of the final smash... BUT, I don't like that idea much. I'd rather see her alone.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we'll be seeing different forms of characters as seperate in this game. How could you have a Link AND Wolf-Link in Subspace?

Midna only? Sound better; she would make a really interesting addition to the game. I'm thinking Ness-like physics with Raven from TT-like abilities.
The subspace has Link on Yoshi on the same team... :laugh: Its easily possible, it brawl, when was sence needed?

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Irrelevant. The characters, as they are in the Subspace Emissary aren't actually the characters. They're trophies. You can have as many forms of the same character as you like.

Also, Midna on her own would rock. No transformation to her true form, though. That would be spoilerific.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Irrelevant. The characters, as they are in the Subspace Emissary aren't actually the characters. They're trophies. You can have as many forms of the same character as you like.

Also, Midna on her own would rock. No transformation to her true form, though. That would be spoilerific.
No there not. Thats stupid. Lol...
BUT... one could argue that they aren't really trophies. Wario TURNS THEM into trophies with that gun. So there...haha... The Minister gave Wario the gun to punish those who stand in his way, who disobey his rules. SO... he turns them into trophies... I like thta more than they are jst trophies who come to life.. I thnk its dumb... heh...

Black/Light

Smash Master

Come on now! The game will have been out for around one and 1/3s of a year when brawl realeases. . . . if yor aint played it by now than I don't think you care too much about the spoilers.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
No there not. Thats stupid. Lol...
BUT... one could argue that they aren't really trophies. Wario TURNS THEM into trophies with that gun. So there...haha... The Minister gave Wario the gun to punish those who stand in his way, who disobey his rules. SO... he turns them into trophies... I like thta more than they are jst trophies who come to life.. I thnk its dumb... heh...
Actually, he's right though. At the very beginning, Mario and Kirby are both trophies that come to life and start to fight. Then, when Mario beats Kirby, Kirby turns back into a trophy. Mario then turns Kirby back to normal and that's where the Subspace Emissary starts. But that's totally irrelavent.

On topic, I think Midna should be a stand alone character. For some reason, I feel that Wolf-Link would kill the whole Midna experience and in that case I would rather not have Midna in at all.
I was kinda thinking on a possible Down-B for Midna. She points to the ground and a portal opens, similar to the ones she makes when you defeat a temple-boss. If you walk into it, you get a temporary stun, similar to the one you get from Mewtwo's Disable(Down-b) attack, except for the fact that the stun does ~15%. It can't be activated in the air though :/

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Honestly, as much as I want Wolf Link/Midna, I'd be happy with either.

As long as that ugly*** "true" form of hers is kept out, then I'll be happy.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Down B should be hiding in the shadows... like she does when you don't need her.

Up B: Teleport

Side B: Pierce (Look in youtube for the video of Midna killing Zant... freaking perfect)

B: Shadow break (She used this to break the chains holding (W) Link when he was imprisoned... look for it in youtube too)

Or noB could also be the force field attack... but I dunno how it would work.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
As for the whole story thing, I don't know how the whole trophy thing works, cause we see Pit in Sky World cheering on both fighters, seeing that he's a spectator, and Palutena then appears, and whatnot, so I'm a bit confused on the whole thing, because they don't seem like trophies. Then we have Donkey Kong perusing the Hammer Bros. who stole his pile of bananas, and I have never known trophies to eat bananas.

As for Midna, it would be a nice for her to true form to at least have a cameo appearance in Subspace Emissary mode, but having her true form embedded into her original character like the Sheik/Zelda idea would be nice to have, to me. They'd be like opposites though, imp (main character) form would be nimble and technical like Sheik, and true form would be slow and powerful.

I'm invisioning true form's movement mimicing Final Fantasy X's Shiva. x:

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Actually, he's right though. At the very beginning, Mario and Kirby are both trophies that come to life and start to fight. Then, when Mario beats Kirby, Kirby turns back into a trophy. Mario then turns Kirby back to normal and that's where the Subspace Emissary starts. But that's totally irrelavent.

On topic, I think Midna should be a stand alone character. For some reason, I feel that Wolf-Link would kill the whole Midna experience and in that case I would rather not have Midna in at all.
I was kinda thinking on a possible Down-B for Midna. She points to the ground and a portal opens, similar to the ones she makes when you defeat a temple-boss. If you walk into it, you get a temporary stun, similar to the one you get from Mewtwo's Disable(Down-b) attack, except for the fact that the stun does ~15%. It can't be activated in the air though :/
I know... but I like to think of that more as an introductin to the game. Just like the other games. I'm just saying I, personally, do not like the idea of them being trohpies that come to life. It takes away their own histories, which Sakurai said the single player mode would be touching. If they were trohpies their whole lives, tehn they wouldn't have personal histories. At least no significant ones. If it does turn out they are trophies, I'm going to ignore that part of the story. LOL.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Her true form hardly does anything in the game, plus they spoiled OoT in Melee, why shouldn't they spoil TP in Brawl?
Because the game has been out for a year and chances are if you haven't played it yet you are not going to?

Luthien

Smash Ace
As long as Midna's in the game, I'm fine. I could deal with her wolf-rider form, imp form, or true form. Midna's just cool that way: she looks awesome no matter what you do.

Imp form would be interesting. I have no clue as to what her moveset would be... her final smash? Oh, come on. If you aren't thinking of the fused shadows, you need Peach to smack you upside the head with her frying pan.

Her true form ... hmm... I'm thinking of a Zelda/Peach hybrid. You know. Faster than Zelda, less hyperactive than Peach. Maybe even a small Sheik influence in a move or two... a very graceful moveset would fit her character. I guess she'd be kind of floaty, but swift. Final Smash... would the fused shadows fit?

Wolf Link rider? I don't think so. It seems that Sakurai is trying to involve a plot to Subspace, and wolf-link can't fit with human link there. With the one of the other two forms? I can just see it. Link, surrounded by hundreds of those things (primids, I think...). A twilight portal appears. Enter Midna. They go back-to-back, *insert sweet pose they do during cutscene when Ganondorf goes boar*, and BOOM.

THAT would be fun to watch.

Luthien

Smash Ace
If they put Midna in her true form they shouldn't put her at all, plus what moves can her true form have?
I honestly have no idea. They made up Zelda's moveset, and I've been fine with that. I'm absolutely fine with imp form. Still, if you want the basic idea, read my last reply. Do you have any suggestions. My mind is blank. Something coldish, yet powerful.

Top Bottom