• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

Shuma

Smash Hero
The last two times Ganondorf fought Link and Zelda, he lost in the end. So no, as it turns out, he can't.
That's because he didn't whant to :p.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I don't think it's possible for Midna because I remember her commiting suicide in Twilight. She locked herself in a mirror and it shattered. For those of the "OMGOSH LIEK BOWSER WAS KILT BY MAIRO", Bowser takes pain pills and still survives because he hides in his inpenetrable shell, or is just reincarnated. Kammy Koopa is Bowser's assistant. I assume she revives him. A perfect example on how Dracula from CastleVania games works, he dies but can be reincarnated. He still has the body left.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only reason you say this is because he's a Link. He's a wolf, for Pete's sake, so the moveset's gonna be entirely different. And the key point here is that it's mainly about Midna. The character being repped is Midna, not Link, he's merely supplementary to give her some more uniqueness, and because they're pretty much never shown apart. They are, for all intents and purposes in the physical fighting sense, one and the same, and it is Midna who is doing the controlling and directing, as she says early on.

So it's not a rep for Link, it's a rep for Midna, the protagonist of Twilight Princess. Makes sense to me.

The last two times Ganondorf fought Link and Zelda, he lost in the end. So no, as it turns out, he can't.
Whoever is being repped...it's still Link. They are probably (To my dismay) putting in WW Link in...if they do that it's more than enough forms of Link...Besides, they have enough TP characters in with Ganondorf, Zelda and Link...

Maybe Midna without Link

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I don't think it's possible for Midna because I remember her commiting suicide in Twilight. She locked herself in a mirror and it shattered. For those of the "OMGOSH LIEK BOWSER WAS KILT BY MAIRO", Bowser takes pain pills and still survives because he hides in his inpenetrable shell, or is just reincarnated. Kammy Koopa is Bowser's assistant. I assume she revives him. A perfect example on how Dracula from CastleVania games works, he dies but can be reincarnated. He still has the body left.
This is so wrong on so many levels.
She did not commit suicide.
She is not dead.
She is alive and kicking in the Twilight Realm, her home.
She also vowed that she would meet Link again, which would only be possible, if they were both to appear in another game.
Maybe an upcoming, unnanounced Zelda game, maybe in SSBB.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I support Midna with wolf Link

http://drag0nscythe.deviantart.com/art/New-challenger-Midna-63833162

Here is my moveset, hope you like it!

Midna w/ Wolf Link

A move set

A: Wolf Link will raise his front paws and force his head down, biting at his foe.
AA: He will continue with another bite coming from the lower corner, raising up as he bites.
AAA: He will then turn his rear and hit his opponent with his tail.
Tilt Forward A: Midna will Swing her Hair Hand at the foe in front of Wolf Link.
Tilt Down A:Wolf Link will bite at the foe with his head really close to the ground and his butt high in the air.
Tilt Up A: Midna will swing her hair hand in the air above her head.
Smash Forward A: Wolf link will Raise his feet in the air and perform a strong Head butt in the area in front of him.
Smash Down A: Wolf Link will Spin in a circle
Smash Up A: Midna will Force her hair hand into the air with great force.
Dash A: Wolf link will perform a lunge bite that causes Midna to bounce in the air and lose her balance for a short time. This move does not stop wolf link, so he can continue running after this move is performed.
Air Neutral A: Midna will grab hold of Wolf Links back as Wolf Link does a somersault.
Air Forward A: Wolf Link will throw his head forward and try to head butt any foe that gets in his way.
Air Down A: Wolf Link will do a Vertical 360. Midna will use this move to thrust her Hair hand down. This is a spike move.
Air Up A: Midna will cause a piece of rubble to appear above her head and will cause to disappear just as quick.

B moveset

Neutral B: Energy field - Charge up a shadow field while holding the B button down. If a foe or many foes fall within the field, release for wolf link to lunge at them and attack. If no-one falls within the field, Wolf Link will perform a spin attack

Down B: Dig - Throw dirt behind him. If Down B is held for a short while, Wolf link will dig under the ground and Appear out a whole a few feet away in any direction the player chooses.

Forward B: Jugular Bite - Lunge at your foe and Grab hold of them. Wolf link will bite them for a short while. The player also has the option of having Midna throwing the enemy and if they press A, Midna will hit the foe on the head with her Hair Hand.

Up B: Midna Jump - Take control of Midna for a short time. She can in any direction. Mover her to a position and release the B button to have Wolf Link lunge straight to her. This move is great for recovery because it gives him a wicked long 3rd jump. Wolf Link can still be hurt while Midna is flying around. If this happens, the move is canceled.

SSA: Fused Shadows - Midna uses the three fused shadows to turn into the giant monster and attack from the background. While She is doing this, Wolf Link can still run around and attack people. The only problem is that While Midna is attacking in the background. Wolf Link only has his A moves that he can use.

Grab Moveset:

Grab: Midna grabs foes with her hair.
Grab A: Wolf Link will claw the captured foe.
Grab Forward Throw: Midna Will chuck the foe away.
Grab Down Throw: Midna will smash the foe into the ground and Wolf Link till stamp on them.
Grab Back Throw: Wolf Link will Spin in a circle, allowing Midna to swing the foe around. Then she will let him fly.
Grab Up Throw: Midna will Spin the foe around her head and then throw them into the air.

Taunt:
Wolf Link will bob his head left and right as he remembers the tune to call Epona. Midna will yawn and stretch her arms as she waits.

Special Skills
Wolf Link can wall jump

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Cool moveset. Nicely done and really in depth.
I like how much detail is in it.

but
I like my B moves more.

I give that moveset a 10/10.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
This is so wrong on so many levels.
She did not commit suicide.
She is not dead.
She is alive and kicking in the Twilight Realm, her home.
She also vowed that she would meet Link again, which would only be possible, if they were both to appear in another game.
Correct! You win...a cookie!

*hands over a warm chocolate chip cookie*

Cookies: part of every square meal! :chuckle: (Gotta love Rugrats!)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
WRONG!

Midna NEVER said that. The exact qoute of what she said is this.

"As long as that mirror is around we could see each other again." Then immediately after she destroyed the mirror, which is the ONLY connection between the two worlds, meaning Midna will never be seen in another Zelda game again. She MAY be in brawl as an AT but other than that don't expect to see her ever again.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think if she can appear as an AT, she can appear as a playable. Plus, something in the story line can be thrown in to make it possible for Midna to be reincarnated. Also... I still like the idea of her alone better...has anyone made a moveset for her alone?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think if she can appear as an AT, she can appear as a playable. Plus, something in the story line can be thrown in to make it possible for Midna to be reincarnated. Also... I still like the idea of her alone better...has anyone made a moveset for her alone?
Reincarnated....she's not really dead...I don't think

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Reincarnated....she's not really dead...I don't think
Well, I haven't gotten to the end yet :( (can't figure out the **** sky level, that place is hard! only tried once though LOL...)

And Midna would NOT be dumb without Wolf Link, I don't see why you think that, although now taht I've seen a moveset for the pair, I like the idea of her with him a bit more, I'd still like to see Midna represent herself!!

Once again... Any movesets for her alone?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
WRONG!

"As long as that mirror is around we could see each other again." Then immediately after she destroyed the mirror, which is the ONLY connection between the two worlds, meaning Midna will never be seen in another Zelda game again. She MAY be in brawl as an AT but other than that don't expect to see her ever again.
VS

http://zeldawiki.org/Midna said:
She vows Link that she will "see [him] later," however this is highly unlikely as the Mirror was the last link to the Twilight Realm. As another last word, she asks that everyone "...remember that there is another world bound to this one."

lol ten characters.

Black/Light

Smash Master
WRONG!

Actually, she did say "Link I. . . see you later" which is pretty open ended. Plus it was said at the beginning of the game that at the "hour of twilight" in the light realm that you can hear "cries". Many LoZ fans think that at such a time the 2 worlds overlap alil which can be one way for Midna to return.

Anyway it's fricken LoZ. . . the dev JUST NOW stated (around TP's release) that theres a splite in the time line. Like alil thing such as that will stop him from bringing her back if he so pleases.

(Along with the fact that the dev of the game openly stated that both he and Miyamoto really liked her character and that "if enuff fans want her to return than how can I not bring her back?".

She can very well be in either Smash as a Playable or in the newest LoZ Wii game to come.)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I can see her in Brawl, it's just some people just got to give her a chance. I don't mind if she is with Wolf Link, but I would be a whole lot happier if she was by herself. Still, I just want to see her one more time in something new. (By the way, sorry for the necroposting. I just wanted to get my opinion in. Sorry mods...)

Mallhew

Smash Cadet
This may sound lame...

but I think that sprite Midna should be an unlockable character a la Shiek, but for Link. You use the special ^ button, Link transforms into Wolf with Midna on top. You should be able to choose between a wolf final smash and a Midna final smash.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I think she could be in her true form.

If we assume that all of the rules stated about the Triforce, we can assume that whoever gathers all three pieces will be granted a wish. (from Wind Waker) Obviously, Link would have preferred it if Midna hadn't destroyed the Mirror. If Link could gather the pieces of the Triforce, he could wish for the Mirror to be rebuilt, and I'm sure that what Din, Naryu, and Farore decide takes precedence over Midna's decision.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
wait when has smash went completely fleshed with timeline events. Whether Midna's last game was for TP or not doesn't dwindle her chances for a brawl spot. It is the other Zelda characters that take presidence over Midna that does.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Meh, I aint feeling WW Link and I don't personally think Shiek will come back.

My LoZ list. . .

Link
Zelda
Ganon
Y-Link
Midna (SOLO)
Maybe Tingle. . .or MAYBE Shiek. . . oor MAAAYBE Some bad guy.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Ya know, as awesome as Midna is I just can't see her adding much to the game. If they put her in and did a really creative job with her play style, then yeah, I'm all for it. But I see Midna as a dangerous repeat of Mewtwo- floating character with an emphasis on throws (giant hand and all...).

Eh, we'll see. To be honest I don't see Midna as terribly likely in this version of smash. Next version, maybe, if any of us lives to see it. But Brawl? I really don't think so.

Black/Light

Smash Master
What youz feeling isn't the deciding factor to the brawl list. It's Sakurai's decision.
. . . .Did I ever say that THIS is the final LoZ roster? Because I clearly remember listing my opinion on what LoZ characters I would like to be in brawl. . .

Top Bottom