• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ontario Pwn Classic HYPE VS TIN MAN GOING DOWN! RAY KALM AND HOLY ATTENDING

Gichan

Smash Champion
there WILL be 30 people for brawl, relax. Either way, start by telling your friends, friends' friends, your momma, poppas, EVERYONE! I'll post this in Canada boards tomorrow to creat a little more awareness. And after seeing that Mr.L and Dan Da Man came from Gamefaqs I'll be planning to post there, IGN, and GameBattles aswell. AiB is a given.

I also need help with a poster since I used one thatw as simply text and **** just to create awareness but I want some fancy ****. If one of you can help me I'll see that you are compensated.

EDIT: OH, and if someone can please post this on Facebook since I don't have one. PLEASE, and thank you.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey, Gi, since the Project M demo is probably going to be released before this and if there's time after Brawl finishes, would you mind if I had a Project M side-tourney? I'll set up 7 or 8 SD Cards specifically for it.

Patches

Smash Master
I can do it if you need me to, Gi.

Second, add Fishy to the attendees please. If we both can afford this after moving, we'll be there.

Gichan

Smash Champion
So both you and Dirt will host that P:M side tourney? Brawl is brawl...i highly doubbt time will be left but I should have more that 12 hrs for this so why not. I'm down for that game to start but it will be difficult to have at this tourney. Bring 4-5, 8 is too many because people will still want to play brawl.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
As long as we're talking about side events...

I'm gonna try to bring a Wii with TvC (my Wii can't read Brawl or I'd bring that too)... if there's time after all the tourneys I'm gonna set up and take on all money match requests (from people not named Psychochronic)

Or I could do the same in BBCS.

I just want to play my games that get no love D:

Patches

Smash Master
If I can get a ride from Hamilton to Toronto, there + back *cough cough* ILIAD PLS *coughh cough* then I'll be there, for sure.
Iliad is going to Pound.

If I am moved in and what not at this point in time, Fishy and I can house you in Brantford. It's like an 8 dollar bus from Brantford to Hamilton.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Uhm, thanks. o.0 I would love to come to a ON/QC tournament sometime, but unfortunately, it probably wouldn't happen for me unless there happened to be a tournament taking place around the same time I'd normally be flying between BC for school and NS for vacation. :x

:005:

nickcam

Smash Ace
yo, im new and this gonna be my first tourney ever. Are we allowed to bring modded controllers with all buttons being the b button. Its the only way i can play my main character, metaknight.

Gichan

Smash Champion
^

Sorry I can't allow that, you're going to have to get use to playing with a regular controller. Ask Tin Man to help you learn the game better, he'll be the best player attending. Aside from that good luck and and welcome to our scene.

Oh yeah, and for MK help, ask Dimmy he's pretty good with MK's special moves.

nickcam

Smash Ace
^

Sorry I can't allow that, you're going to have to get use to playing with a regular controller. Ask Tin Man to help you learn the game better, he'll be the best player attending. Aside from that good luck and and welcome to our scene.

I dont know who either of those 2 dudes are. They both sound like their free though. Another question say I pick one character and my opponent picks another character but i definitely dont like to play against that character, can i switch my character to get a better matchup right away. Also instead of banning stages can i ban a character.

Thanks

fUddO

Smash Ace
yo, im new and this gonna be my first tourney ever. Are we allowed to bring modded controllers with all buttons being the b button. Its the only way i can play my main character, metaknight.
THIS is the worst nightmare known to man (at least on the interwebz)

nickcam

Smash Ace
UP ARROW ( cant find on my keyboard)
Whoa buddy i dont know who u are or whatever but seriously i dont know how these tournies work. I've never been to one of these and im not sure if u guys are just trying to cheat me out of a fair victory by not telling me da rules. Jesus man, U dont gotta pick on me cause im new. 68%, So whos free now

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I dont know who either of those 2 dudes are. They both sound like their free though. Another question say I pick one character and my opponent picks another character but i definitely dont like to play against that character, can i switch my character to get a better matchup right away. Also instead of banning stages can i ban a character.

Thanks
Don't worry newcomer! The good thing about MK is that you never need to switch characters, all matchup problems are solved by the button "B"
Don't worry if you do bad at your first tournament, you'll learn a lot and eventually will stop being pot feeder and even steal money after some time! Are you bringing other people with you too?

nickcam

Smash Ace
U guys think im free cause im new. I've been doing secret training in mountains practicing my di until i can surivive marth f AIRS at 70%. I know ur thinking thats impossible but i can do it so ur in trouble

camden

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking of going to this. There's a good chance at this point I'll be moving to Thailand in April, so I'd like to do something big like this while I still have the chance.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
lol saugas actually coming for once and everyone runs away to pound 5

rusty, out of practice sauga - this might be ur guys only chance to beat us ever

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
^

I wanna money match Tin. :O It'd be fun. xD That's if I can get there. o.o

nickcam

Smash Ace
Wow i just watched some videos of u guyz playing, hype vs tinman and i gotta say i think ur both pretty free. That commentator guy definitely knew what he was talking about. Definitely unibiased and he did a good job. I nominate that guy to commentate please.

Odessa

Smash Cadet
Last page is entertaining.

Gi, I'll be getting Project Melee very shortly. Can we have a setup dedicated just for that?

Gichan

Smash Champion
I gotta see how many tvs we get. I would love that but priority is tournaments. But I also want to have this station out soon enough to actually be able to enjoy it. bring it for sure though we'll defintiely have a tv for it at some point.

Top Bottom