• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The One Winged Angel~ Sephiroth Social Thread

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I really hope we get more than 2 songs this time. We will probably get "One Winged Angel"(Don't know if it's the Original or the AC version) because Duhhh and "J-E-N-O-V-A" because of the Stage.
Though, if we get more than that i wish that would be:
  • Birth of a God
  • Jenova Absolute
  • Bombing Mission
yeah Birth of a God is a Bop also having a version of Those chosen by the planet is necesary for a well rounded Sephiroth Music Breakfast

also Highwind (so good)

the other 2 songs arent high on my Wish list but theyre still bops

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Dug through my older posts some more and...

I will say, if Seph is in a hypothetical second pass, there are better ways to hide his involvement than giving Cloud practically nothing in regards to spirits (with FF7 artwork) and new music. That just tips everyone off and makes them think that SE are lousy at keeping things a secret. Even more than letting Hashimoto know about anything.
It's like this entire thing turned out like The Emperor's New Clothes or something.

Meanwhile...

Honestly, I don't think he'd work as an echo, especially if they want him to go full-on Safer for his FS. Besides, katanas aren't as heavy as broadswords.
I'm officially this board's Cassandra. I was right on the nose about all of this.

I really hope we get more than 2 songs this time. We will probably get "One Winged Angel"(Don't know if it's the Original or the AC version) because Duhhh and "J-E-N-O-V-A" because of the Stage.
  • Birth of a God
  • Jenova Absolute
  • Bombing Mission
We're not dealing with Sugiyama, so that's already a start, at least.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My concern is, how many tracks are they going to give us?

I hope it's more than 2 this time.
I'd be concern about that too, in fact I'm
more concern about this and Sephiroth's stage being banned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
One-Winged Angel is a given (but then again, we're talking about Square-Enix), and I hope we get at least a few versions. Not-in-a-million-years dream would be getting the original, AC and VII Remake versions along with a new Smash remix. Some others I'd love to hear are Hurry, Crazy Motorcycle Chase, J-E-N-O-V-A, VII Remake versions of the fight / boss fight themes already in the game and a Smash remix of Judgment Day.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
  • Birth of a God
  • Jenova Absolute
  • Bombing Mission
Don't forget about the pre-final boss theme.
I calm him Bizarro Sephiroth but I'm not sure what he's reaññy called.

That song is amazing too.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know what I think about the whole "One-Winged Angel form" thing:

I don't think it's a meter or a comeback mechanic: I think it's a stance change a la pre-SSB4 Sheik/Zelda and Samus; and Pokemon Trainer. AFAIK, I see two attacks that look like SSmash in the trailer: the first one he uses on Umbra Clock Tower against Marth, the second against Captain Falcon at the Northern Crater. Now the latter attack could be DSmash, but if I'mma be honest, I don't think it looks anything like a DSmash. Possibly another Shield-B, perhaps? The form without the wing would be faster but deal less damage while the one with the wing is slower but more powerful. That's what I feel.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Also I got to ask

It Might just be me, But Does Sephiroth look Scarier than Usual

In a Good amount of the Games, Sephiroth could look menacing, but he usually has more of that Pretty boy Look. The Remake he does look kind of unhinged, and He looks the Same way in Smash as well

I Think it's the Black Lining under his Eyes. It makes him look Scary and unhinged. It also calls back to how Sephiroth was Sleep Deprived when he initially went Crazy after reading about his History and such

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you all. WOW! What a reveal. I haven't played FFVII (although it's on my list ever since it got added to Switch), so it's saying something that this was perhaps my favorite reveal so far.

The presentation was just nothing short of fantastic. The cinematics were gorgeous and seamlessly transitioned between gameplay. The relationship and dialouge shown between Cloud and Sephiroth made it feel like a continuation of their story. That music. OMG THE MUSIC. Finally, the display of Sephiroth's character as a dark and cocky titan that felt perfect to me. Slicing Galeem in half, calling the Smash cast "Pathetic", knocking away Bayonetta and Greninja like they were flies, the "impaling" and casting aside of Mario (btw did that playing with Mario seem in character to you all?), and his smirk as Cloud clashed with him. Dear God, it was just amazing.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You know what I think about the whole "One-Winged Angel form" thing:

I don't think it's a meter or a comeback mechanic: I think it's a stance change a la pre-SSB4 Sheik/Zelda and Samus; and Pokemon Trainer. AFAIK, I see two attacks that look like SSmash in the trailer: the first one he uses on Umbra Clock Tower against Marth, the second against Captain Falcon at the Northern Crater. Now the latter attack could be DSmash, but if I'mma be honest, I don't think it looks anything like a DSmash. Possibly another Shield-B, perhaps? The form without the wing would be faster but deal less damage while the one with the wing is slower but more powerful. That's what I feel.
It could just be what it looks like when you angle it down.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Do you know that Safar/seraph sephiroth is based on an biblical angel called seraphim (gallem/Kyra is based on these angels aswell)
<Picture
Yes, its been long assumed by the FF7 community that Safer was a mistranslation of Seraph.

What I'm actually excited about next week is Sakurai naming his Final Smash, because even 23 years later nobody is sure if Safer was intentional or not. Sakurai will likely confirm the form's official name for us, answering that age-old question before the Remake does.

His forms were believed to be Rebirth Sephiroth and Seraph/Savior Sephiroth, but were translated as Bizarro and Safer respectively.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you all. WOW! What a reveal. I haven't played FFVII (although it's on my list ever since it got added to Switch), so it's saying something that this was perhaps my favorite reveal so far.

The presentation was just nothing short of fantastic. The cinematics were gorgeous and seamlessly transitioned between gameplay. The relationship and dialouge shown between Cloud and Sephiroth made it feel like a continuation of their story. That music. OMG THE MUSIC. Finally, the display of Sephiroth's character as a dark and cocky titan that felt perfect to me. Slicing Galeem in half, calling the Smash cast "Pathetic", knocking away Bayonetta and Greninja like they were flies, the "impaling" and casting aside of Mario (btw did that playing with Mario seem in character to you all?), and his smirk as Cloud clashed with him. Dear God, it was just amazing.
I expected Kazooie to turn to Cloud and ask 'Cloud, is there something you need to tell us about your world, before we die?'

Oracle Link

Smash Master

in FF7 he isnt really cocky more dark and bruting (cloud is the cocky one) he is always deep in thoughts and rarely talks the only time he talks it is to traumatize Cloud and co

also it doesnt really fit as a continutation because cloud in ff7 easily kills normal sephiroth the footage in the trailer is from a movie that misrepresents Clouds Character (which is why he used his second alt)

cloud is more like this:

yeah i know its a mistranslation but it still fits his character

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Play it man! Its my favorite game of all time, along with many other people.

I expected Kazooie to turn to Cloud and ask 'Cloud, is there something you need to tell us about your world, before we die?'
"Yeah, about that. Theres a nigh-omnipotent hybrid human-extraterrestrial that has been mentally torturing me and following me literally everywhere for the last two and a half decades. My bad."

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Gonna be honest, I would have preferred someone else.
But this is still hype as hell and I'm glad to see how happy it made so many other fans.

Plus the memes that came from this are just too good!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, we know for sure when the presentation for Sephiroth will occur: Thursday the 17th. Factoring this in and the fact he will be released before the end of the year, let's try to narrow down a release date. Now, we can write off the weekends and Fridays (especially the 25th of this month for obvious reasons). Assuming that Sephiroth follows the same path the other two DLC picks so far in this pass have done and doesn't release on the same day as the presentation, that leaves no more than 8 days to pick from. The 24th is also a Thursday and that might be pushing it, so it must be before or after it.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone here see this video yet? It's all coming together now. 😄

Okay, we know for sure when the presentation for Sephiroth will occur: Thursday the 17th. Factoring this in and the fact he will be released before the end of the year, let's try to narrow down a release date. Now, we can write off the weekends and Fridays (especially the 25th of this month for obvious reasons). Assuming that Sephiroth follows the same path the other two DLC picks so far in this pass have done and doesn't release on the same day as the presentation, that leaves no more than 8 days to pick from. The 24th is also a Thursday and that might be pushing it, so it must be before or after it.
God I hope we don't have to wait until the last week of December. If I had to guess on a date it would probably be the 22nd or 23rd.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Did anyone here see this video yet? It's all coming together now. 😄

God I hope we don't have to wait until the last week of December. If I had to guess on a date it would probably be the 22nd or 23rd.
That's the thing that annoyed me with Min Min. She was announced for June and almost came out literally at the end of it. I hate when people do that.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think it might have been mentioned here, but if you notice in one of the Pics, one of his Moves leaves an AfterImage

I've never seen Sephiroth do something like that. It seems they really are playing into the Katana Aspect of Sephiroth as well

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Yes, its been long assumed by the FF7 community that Safer was a mistranslation of Seraph.

What I'm actually excited about next week is Sakurai naming his Final Smash, because even 23 years later nobody is sure if Safer was intentional or not. Sakurai will likely confirm the form's official name for us, answering that age-old question before the Remake does.

His forms were believed to be Rebirth Sephiroth and Seraph/Savior Sephiroth, but were translated as Bizarro and Safer respectively.
Starker/Wicked Child

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
in FF7 he isnt really cocky more dark and bruting (cloud is the cocky one) he is always deep in thoughts and rarely talks the only time he talks it is to traumatize Cloud and co

also it doesnt really fit as a continutation because cloud in ff7 easily kills normal sephiroth the footage in the trailer is from a movie that misrepresents Clouds Character (which is why he used his second alt)

cloud is more like this:

yeah i know its a mistranslation but it still fits his character
I would probably need to experience everything myself to form an opinion. Did you not care for the trailer then?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seph will come out when he's ready, that's it. :ulthero: came out at the arse end of July 2019, for Alexander's sake. Just be thankful that he took less time to make than :ultsteve:.

I hate it when the moment a character is confirmed, supporters immediately lose all patience they had wanting to see them at all.

Don't forget; One Winged Angel was also in Kingdom Hearts, so Sephy's inclusion might help Sora's chances a little.
Somewhat, seeing as, as I've said here:

I'd be fine with either character, honestly. Sora's the bigger far shot, since Disney would be a little tougher to deal with.
So with Seph out of the way, that takes down another barrier to get Disney to lighten up on him. Especially if the former does gangbusters.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Seph will come out when he's ready, that's it. :ulthero: came out at the arse end of July 2019, for Alexander's sake.

Somewhat, seeing as, as I've said here:

So with Seph out of the way, that takes down another barrier to get Disney to lighten up on him. Especially if the former does gangbusters.
So do you think Sephiroth will be out before Christmas?

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I'd be concern about that too, in fact I'md
more concern about this and Sephiroth's stage being banned.
Yeah I'd love for that stage to be legal. Tired of seeing the same ol' stages.

Grand finals on Sephy's stage with one winged angel playing would be amazing.

Also I got to ask

It Might just be me, But Does Sephiroth look Scarier than Usual

In a Good amount of the Games, Sephiroth could look menacing, but he usually has more of that Pretty boy Look. The Remake he does look kind of unhinged, and He looks the Same way in Smash as well

I Think it's the Black Lining under his Eyes. It makes him look Scary and unhinged. It also calls back to how Sephiroth was Sleep Deprived when he initially went Crazy after reading about his History and such
I'm going to have to take a closer look.

His abs have been hella distracting I haven't taken a good look at his face yet lol.

I am pleasantly surprised that Smash has created the hottest version of Sephiroth, out of all games... Smash, the game that is meant for "good boys and girls" lol.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Maybe on the day of his presentation, if not a little after. I know the last three fighters haven't released the day of their presentation, but I wouldn't call this a guarantee for Sephy. Plus, I figure it'd be fitting to release a FF character on the series' 33rd anniversary (and in the same year as FF7R, no less).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm half-jokingly thinking that he'll be out at Christmas. :santa:

If not, then the day of the presentation, I guess.

Maybe on the day of his presentation, if not a little after. I know the last three fighters haven't released the day of their presentation, but I wouldn't call this a guarantee for Sephy. Plus, I figure it'd be fitting to release a FF character on the series' 33rd anniversary (and in the same year as FF7R, no less).
Given Smash's history of anniversary timing, we'd be lucky that they think about it. Octopath Traveller's spirit event started a few days before its anniversary...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah I'd love for that stage to be legal. Tired of seeing the same ol' stages.

Grand finals on Sephy's stage with one winged angel playing would be amazing.

I'm going to have to take a closer look.

His abs have been hella distracting I haven't taken a good look at his face yet lol.

I am pleasantly surprised that Smash has created the hottest version of Sephiroth, out of all games... Smash, the game that is meant for "good boys and girls" lol.
You kind of have to expect that, seeing as Sak follows Hiromu Arakawa's philosophy on character design (although some have been toned down for their return this time).

That aside, I'm glad to see a stage that isn't "starting iconic area" again. Especially since they straight-up went the "start and end" route here.

By the way, did anyone notice that the page total already doubled?

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
You kind of have to expect that, seeing as Sak follows Hiromu Arakawa's philosophy on character design (although some have been toned down for their return this time).

That aside, I'm glad to see a stage that isn't "starting iconic area" again. Especially since they straight-up went the "start and end" route here.

By the way, did anyone notice that the page total already doubled?
What is Hiromu Arakawa's design philosophy if you don't mind me asking?

Shirtless Sephiroth is sculpted to perfection and I did a double take when I saw it. Like... "This character is in smash? And he looks like this?"

Btw I'm hoping Sephiroth drops a few hours after the presentation is done, so same day.

We're already waiting a week so it'd be nice to have all the chips fall into place on that same day.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What is Hiromu Arakawa's design philosophy if you don't mind me asking?

Shirtless Sephiroth is sculpted to perfection and I did a double take when I saw it. Like... "This character is in smash? And he looks like this?"

Btw I'm hoping Sephiroth drops a few hours after the presentation is done, so same day.

We're already waiting a week so it'd be nice to have all the chips fall into place on that same day.
Basically, it's "Men are buff, women are va-voom!".

Top Bottom