• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I have ken and M2k practice >___>

Seriously though I REALLY wanna come and play everyone in the UK. I love fighting new styles!
lol Whether or not you have played them two I still dont think the statements stands that you will **** everyone in the UK except for VA, if everyone in the UK gets ***** then so does he imo tbh.
But you still have to play us and see anyway, im not doubting your ability and im not overestimating you.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I dont know what V.A's said about the UK smash-wise but its not that great tbh. First there aren't many players at all. Second there are very few rly good players and everyone lives ages away from each other. Yea we'd have a diff style but dont forget our smash community is pretty small, we just post a lot

VA

Smash Hero
lol Whether or not you have played them two I still dont think the statements stands that you will **** everyone in the UK except for VA, if everyone in the UK gets ***** then so does he imo tbh.
But you still have to play us and see anyway, im not doubting your ability and im not overestimating you.
You should understand a couple of things.

1) I was a lot better in Canada than I am at the moment. Due to constant practice against high level smashers. I came home and played swizzy and beast for two weeks then practiced tech skill alone and have become extremely lazy at punishing and edge guarding.

2) His playstyle is not like anything anyone in the UK has played against, the combos you get hit by are like ones you see in combo videos, no one in the UK combos as consistantly and devastatingly as I saw in Canada.

3) DI is so important and it would take UK smashers a while to get used to DIing the combos properly, and its actually very difficult to time fox's DI right against falcon. I can't do it, my fox was ***** harder than any of my other characters abroad. But my peach actually stood her ground ok, she's ****e now though lol, I don't even use her.

VA

Smash Hero
lol, well if you play amazing players for a long time, you're going to be amazing. If you play noobs for time you're going to be noob. It's pretty standard logic, look what happened to wes :/

Retroking2000

Smash Master
hurry up , and come over here canadians >_>.

anyways .

hey pro since i didnt go kmans why dont we MM at the ranbat k im am overly confident in my smash ability now so lets do 3-5 pounds ?

what do you say

Loool @ VApost .

we didnt make him worse , we leeched of his skill just look at the CHJ vids .

all the ppl that played him just mimic his smash style and tweak to there own ,

smash GT first time fuzzy played him fuzzy got owned

CHJ , fuzzy owned him .

like i said , we just got better/leeched his skill .

J03

Smash Master
VA there is probably some truth to what your saying but imo:-

if noobking came to the UK (and hes not as good as you) hed probably finish outside of the top 5 and possibly outside of the top 10 (much more doubtful).

As for his playstyle being different, hes a ****ing ganondorf. if doesnt matter how tricky he is or how good his movement skills are, We've all watched (or should have watched) Eddie, Chad, Linguini, Kage, Magus, tipman, bushman. Are you saying he plays like nothing we've ever seen before?

It doesnt matter if he got ***** by M2k a few times, id hardly call it practise. It doesnt matter if he was 4 stocking M2k up and down the show, it counts for nothing.

People in the UK dont have the tendency (some would say the ability) to pull out huge stock combeos in tourney matches, i think were STILL developing, most probably at the fastest rate in europe lol. What Ed said falls under that too

Noobking, please dont take anything ive said as insultive to your skill or to you personally. I am looking forward to playing you and hopefully showing you that the UK is NOT just country you can walk all over =).

VA- stop ****ing johning :laugh: anyone who can get that ****ed up by chrisboi needs to take a step back. IMO CHRISBOI WILL BEAT NOOBKING :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

noobkings check in, but they dont check out.

EDIT. FS JUST REALISED YOU PLAY FALCON NOW, SAME APPLIES EXCEPT, DARKRAIN, SS, F ZERO, SCAR, G.REG WES. ****s gonna be tight though

VA

Smash Hero
Insultive lol, that's not even a word.

Watching a video of someone playing really doesn't show a lot, if your implying I can watch videos of the best players in the world and guage how they play then you've just shown yourself up.

I'm the only one who's played noobking, and I know for a fact that charles would have trouble with him, the speed and precision at which the game is played over there is something that you can't understand by watching a video of scar or darkrain.

Also joe, please stop saying I got ***** by chrisboi, I played him in one game in crews and SD'd twice. I only lost serious matches to Z and Charles. Charles's marth being the only thing that ***** me.

That whole post of yours was pretty ignorant imo. And as for no combos in UK tournaments, I 0 deathed charles's falco on DL64 in brackets :/

grayfox

Smash Champion
I have to say I agree with Robby here, mostly for the crazy banter but also because videos reduce a lot of the factors that are present in the game. Gauging yours or someone elses skill based on a video is like gauging it on a simulation - it might have a bit of banter but no one can possibly take it seriously.

Which is a huge argument as it pretty much means noobkings making huge assumptions he can beat the whole uk lol.

I don't think it's fact that noobking will give Charles trouble either, as again there isn't much to go on that apart from Robby having played a few games with each of them. It isn't much better than looking at vids, it's better, but not much.

J03

Smash Master
VA, of course not, i was implying that you jumped the gun a little. I know charles would have trouble tih him. I know hed prolly finish top 2. You said it was like something wed never seen, yet we have. You said its something wed never witnessed first hand, yet weve played wes and many of us have played europes top level players also.

My point is hes clearly just having some frinedly banter yet everyone seems to wanna bring a ****storm over it.

As for you vs chrisboi. You cant hide from it lol. you didnt magically SD, the pressure got too you, that was obvious, to deny that is to deny yourself the kick in the teeth you need to improve.

ALSO: gz to myself, VA and grayfox for having some awesome colour coordinated sigs =)

EDIT: you clearly overlooked the fact that my entire first post was for the banter, massively sarcastic and in no was serious ya fool (seriously thats that the brackets were for lol). Np, its mad hard to tell sarcsm online

crewster

Smash Lord
I want to know if there is anyone in the Oxford area. I wont meet up because I am, let's just say, young.

VA

Smash Hero
Playing Europe/Wes does not mean that you've seen it all before, noobking comes from a pretty amazing scene with highly talented players who play each other every week, their metagame is leagues ahead of ours and constantly advancing, hopefully we'll start to improve ours with more regular tournies + rankings. Anyway I know what I know and beyond that it doesn't really matter.

Joe, one crew match where I was under pressure and SD'd doesn't show a lot. I didn't feel that kind of pressure in any other match I played that tournament. It really didn't bother me that much, I know what happened and I know in all the other matches I played I was much more level headed. What bothers me is you acting as if chrisboi absolutely ***** me when really I choked and it was my own faillings not his ridiculous play that ***** me in a crew battle. Tournament =/= crews.

And Ryan I've played noobking probably more than I've played anyone else except swizzy and beast :/

J03

Smash Master
VA: you miss the point. that match isnt important. its just a kick up the arse. idk anymore too much effort >_>.

i dont think ive seen it all before, but i think weve seen alot tbh.

Top Bottom