• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Halberd too cramped?? It's a huge stage, especially once it's landed on the boat... >_>
you're confusing it with RC, I hope. @__@

tekkie, you can grab a naner if you cancel the lag on the on the ending of the monkey flip, as in when you're landing. not sure if you mean something else.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can airdodge at the very end of side-b before you hit the ground and that picks up naners.

And I agree that Halberd is giant... but ONLY on the ship (not a boat). The blast zones are just really close.

Dekar173

Justice Man
You can airdodge at the very end of side-b before you hit the ground and that picks up naners.

And I agree that Halberd is giant... but ONLY on the ship (not a boat). The blast zones are just really close.
You can also jump/airdodge to catch the naner, or instant throw it in your double jump (or even instant throw it as you hit the ground).

tekkie

Smash Master
alright so i thought i saw someone grab a banana at the beginning of a flip but i was incorrect

anyways sideB before double jump when recovering or vice versa/what are the pros and cons of each? i keep seeing people do both.

tibs7

Smash Champion
depends on what character you're versing, where you DI and a few others tings...

@SD: you're losing to luke right? Luke is not a good snake, against diddy anyway. He always lands with a grenade specially if you have nana in hand so just sideB grab him when he lands. he also isnt good at camping so camp him sometimes coz he struggles a fair bit with it. also i cant remember him ever doing ftilt OOS against me so he probs wont do it to you either if anything he spotdodges so after the gt jus wait and punish accordingly..there may be some more. pm me if you still need help

nezzedaoriginal

Smash Cadet
...none. Just shoot peanuts.

But on the real, check the sticky threads on this page. My suggestion for watching other Diddy's play competitively to look past the first post on the Video thread.

Jokes

Smash Cadet
Question,

When you're in control of momentum, and you have no bananas on the field with your opponent in a semi-disadvantaged position, should you continue to try to pressure them with a small amount of risk, or should you safely retreat and reorganize yourself, therefore losing most or all momentum?

rvkevin

Smash Lord
When you're in control of momentum, and you have no bananas on the field
Does not compute.

Only reason to go after them would be to edge guard. Unless you're time pressured, there's no reason to go in with no bananas unless you see something that can be punished (i.e. Snake doing a Nair). So it depends on the situation, but I would say in general, get the bananas out. Also, depending on the situation, you can pull them out offensively too.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I figured I'd leave it in a place where one of you would see it, and put the information where it's supposed to go. As most of you know, though I don't play Diddy, I train with ADHD, so I frequently investigate the character and try to find new stuff to help him out. Most of the stuff I don't bother posting here, but I figure I'd throw you guys a bone.

If you get hit by Tornado, and it pops you up, but doesn't suck you into the tornado, hit UpB (but don't blast off, just hold it) and fall into the tornado. It will hit MK for minimal damage, but cancel the tornado. Airdodging through the tornado isn't consistent, and jumping can put you in a bad spot. Try it.

DUB

Smash Lord
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I figured I'd leave it in a place where one of you would see it, and put the information where it's supposed to go. As most of you know, though I don't play Diddy, I train with ADHD, so I frequently investigate the character and try to find new stuff to help him out. Most of the stuff I don't bother posting here, but I figure I'd throw you guys a bone.

If you get hit by Tornado, and it pops you up, but doesn't suck you into the tornado, hit UpB (but don't blast off, just hold it) and fall into the tornado. It will hit MK for minimal damage, but cancel the tornado. Airdodging through the tornado isn't consistent, and jumping can put you in a bad spot. Try it.
I've never seen anyone actually do this nor have I tried it. At first glance it seemed like another good way to break whorenado. Pierce, wouldn't this leave Diddy in the deployed state long enough for MK to get in?

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
How many frames is banana OOS? I couldn't really find it anywhere because the frame data doesn't seem accurate. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take diddy 20 frames to throw a banana out of his shield. I want to know what it hits on OOS

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I think its 3 if regularly thrown no glidetoss

Couldnt mk cancel the tornado when he sees the up b?

ADHD

Smash Hero
How many frames is banana OOS? I couldn't really find it anywhere because the frame data doesn't seem accurate. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take diddy 20 frames to throw a banana out of his shield. I want to know what it hits on OOS
3 :)

10brokenitemdata

Dekar173

Justice Man
3 frames out of shield? and you complain about your character's MU's? ROFL WOW
Hey now! We still have to deal with TERRIBLE things like... shieldstun! And and getting knocked back by attacks while shielding <.<

But seriously, item-savvy players will avoid it, or bait it/catch with another aerial :O This doesn't negate how broken a 3-frame oos move is, but it does go to show that it's not unbeatable XD

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yes, but you're forgetting that the comparative range of banana toss is far superior to the range of UpB. You can punished spaced attacks on shield and ignore the concept of safe on block vs. almost all characters while holding an item. Also, the rewards of landing a banana toss are even greater than Dolphin Slash, while the risk is minute.

Esca

Smash Champion
Yes, but you're forgetting that the comparative range of banana toss is far superior to the range of UpB. You can punished spaced attacks on shield and ignore the concept of safe on block vs. almost all characters while holding an item. Also, the rewards of landing a banana toss are even greater than Dolphin Slash, while the risk is minute.
I'm not forgetting anything bro.

It was a joke.

Did you same search up-b or something? Marth mains are probably out for blood with that ****.

BrianTheLion

Smash Journeyman
so i was playing diddy vs snake and i knocked he off his cypher with my popgun how does this work does the popgun have to be fully chared to knock him off it ??

rvkevin

Smash Lord
so i was playing diddy vs snake and i knocked he off his cypher with my popgun how does this work does the popgun have to be fully chared to knock him off it ??
I read somewhere that there's a certain percentage that if an attack exceeds it, will knock Snake out of his cypher, so it would makes sense a charged peanut could while an uncharged cannot.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's true, but it still sounds hilarious, since the peanut has basically no knockback at all.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
uncharged shots hurt snake but do not knock him off his cypher. when diddy is holding his hat while shooting the gun, the power of the peanut gun is at its maximum damage and shoots directly straight. in between those two levels is when u can shoot the gun, knock off snake, gimp/spike him.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
uncharged shots hurt snake but do not knock him off his cypher. when diddy is holding his hat while shooting the gun, the power of the peanut gun is at its maximum damage and shoots directly straight. in between those two levels is when u can shoot the gun, knock off snake, gimp/spike him.
IE

Shoot moar peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom