• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i dont like how jason did that, but aw well.
im sure we could do it for others if they gave some of the prize money back..
but dekar would you get some? m2k, havok are 1 and 2. are hall and oats any good? also mikehaze sooo mmmm

Dekar173

Justice Man
lmao we'll see how well I'd do after devastation. If you guys paid my flight, I wouldn't accept prize money cause I don't make a living off of smash like Jason does hahaha =P

It's his job, my job is tutoring little kids that suck at math LOL

tibs7

Smash Champion
P1 aren't you like 15yrs old? Would your parents allow you to come? Lol.

But yeah Dekar, just come. You will get bout 80 mm's with random people that you will 3 stock in bout 2 mins. And just make them $10 each, perfect :). That's what Jason is doing, plus he's getting prize money for everything. He will come home with more money from here than from mlg haha.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm 17, and if I get my flight paid to another continent then I think I can talk my parents into letting me go since it's free, but I just looked at the date and I have school during that time which just drastically brought my chances down. =(

Dekar173

Justice Man
The funniest part about him is he's dekar289, cause my friend took "Dekar" =(

lol P-1 you can miss all the high school you want and still get straight As just tell your parents that

Dekar173

Justice Man
You don't have to be there, is the thing. Just don't go. Say you were chosen to be flown out to Australia for a video game tournament. :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
maybe, if my parents let me miss school to go camping and ATVing then maybe they'll let me go for a free trip to another continent

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'm taking Gnes' side on this one, he definitely knows what he's talking about when he mentions anything that has to do with camping.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hello Diddy boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a Diddy main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
^
I know for a fact AlphaZealot wants to do this, because we were talking about it at mlg.

ADHD is DYING to have a peer to train, and wants to make him the best diddy kong. you should hit them both up yo

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
On a more serious note, I think we need to re-discuss the falco matchup, as I think it's 50-50. Actually, I know it's 50-50. Diddy can mess falco up for real.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I would totally mentor someone if I was actually any good. I know just about everything about Diddy, save how to use said information :041:

EDIT: You'll have to find someone who actually wants to go to the trouble of editing a new video for that to happen. I said this a few pages back already, and I still don't think Vyse will ever want to do that again.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I've been playing vato(a good MK from socal) for a while and I recently came to a conclusion. MK doesn't get any huge advantages from power shielding an opponents shield. This is mainly because MK can punish his opponents whether he power shields their attacks or not. while this is a huge advantage for MK, this means that if he ever does power shield, he can't really punish them in any different way.

Now its a totally different story for a character like diddy kong. If diddy kong power shields MK's attacks, diddy kong can now punish MK in ways that he could never have, had he not power shielded. Power shielding MK can mean the difference between getting that SNL and letting him get away with an attack. If a diddy main and an MK main power shielded the same amount of times, diddy kong would end up benefiting more than MK.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I support that mentoring thing. I'd love to really learn the in's and out's of Diddy first hand, but there are no amazing Diddy's in Illinois. I def support that idea though.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I would have to agree with you there. I can't see it being much help. Still, the whole idea will for sure help those people who want to be better and live in the same area as the better players.

I'll just have to become Illinois' best Diddy I guess

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
how do I get into the diddy back room? I have some character specific information that I want to share(potential 0-death on a character but only a one time use) and I don't want anyone else to find out about it

EDIT: nevermind, I already told the wario boards about the 0-death. I couldn't help myself :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom