• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Ninjalink doesn't know ;)

If he did, this would have spread like wildfire already.
I can keep secrets for along time. ask the peach ppl. I waited a full year to teach them turnip stooling...to see if they figured it out........................nope. I still had to teach.

Have manners. Capitalize that L sir.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Ya kno whats funny? Knowing how to Insta-drop (aforementioned AT) was a requirement To get the 'Diskun' Trophy in melee which is the EXACT SAME THING u have to do here. So not really knowing this...idk........seems pitiful to me lol. Now I knew this before i even played competitively....... yeeeaaaaaa anyway.

Heres another clue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-IqVXBy9bM

Have fun. U lucky i got this vid randomly.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Ya kno whats funny? Knowing how to Insta-drop (aforementioned AT) was a requirement To get the 'Diskun' Trophy in melee which is the EXACT SAME THING u have to do here. So not really knowing this...idk........seems pitiful to me lol. Now I knew this before i even played competitively....... yeeeaaaaaa anyway.

Heres another clue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-IqVXBy9bM

Have fun. U lucky i got this vid randomly.
**** Diskun and that Hammer Drop bonus. There was even a Hammer Throw bonus too! They ****ing expected all of us to be Japanese if we wanted to complete the game.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Well that's 2 things being kept so far, the banana drop and d smash out of running, idk what the point of keeping **** secret is really. lol.

tocador

Smash Lord
Well that's 2 things being kept so far, the banana drop and d smash out of running, idk what the point of keeping **** secret is really. lol.
The hype.

Its the best strategy eva.

And they are A-holes too....
just kidding lol

Man, i can allready feel the taste of braking a falcos CG and yelling, TRIP ON THAT YOU BIRD.

Feels so good to be a monkey.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Dsmash out of running? Bull****.

You can stop running, wait a bit and then dsmash, or dsmash at the end of your turning around animation.

Well I could do the thing DFEAR showed, but he doesn't immediately drop the banana while getting thrown/hit... so I guess it's really random and we just got trolled =P

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
you're all so vague though, i've tried testing this for a while with no consistent results.

But you're right: I'm dumb and therefore deserve to be withheld useful information for no good reason.

DFEAR

Smash Hero

k actually dropping it legitly ninjalink style ( 0:07 in the vid) (practicing with tourney falco walking cg speed). my timing was just off. i sent player-1 pics (several)

edit: BTW if a star shows ur doing it either too slow or ur falco isnt frame perfect

(no star)pics:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
About time......Can we move on lol
tell me anti-tornado tactics and/or using the insta-drop against moves such as snakes ftilt/falcos jab/ warios jab/ metaknight dtilt, etc. pm me if u must :3 plz (will start placing if u do...honest to god)

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
Dsmash out of running? Bull****.

You can stop running, wait a bit and then dsmash, or dsmash at the end of your turning around animation.

Well I could do the thing DFEAR showed, but he doesn't immediately drop the banana while getting thrown/hit... so I guess it's really random and we just got trolled =P
What OS is saying is legit, wait until he makes his video. I've still never had anyone to practice the insta-drop with =(

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
How the hell do you guys do this against Falco's CG? I'm trying to get it to work consistently on Falco's Jab and MK's Nado so far. Gonna try it on Snake's Ftilt, DK's spinning thingy, and G&W's Bair+Nair now. I:

Edit: I'm the one that keeps tripping when I try to do it on Snake's Ftilt. _-_ Also, Snake's jabs are gud to practice on. :3

Edit: YES I'm starting to get the timing on Snake's Ftilt. :]

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
thank you NinjaLink and DFEAR
Ur welcome. I think im gonna do the uknowat with the vids now.

BTW. This is important. I believe u cant insta-drop on moves with set knockback...aka mostly multi-hit moves and grabs that hits multiple times. It has to be on a knockback that grows. All those moves y'all mentioned wont matter cause of teh range of those moves. It wont make them trip unless ur literally point blank which STILL prolly wont make them trip.

Luigi player

Smash Master

k actually dropping it legitly ninjalink style ( 0:07 in the vid) (practicing with tourney falco walking cg speed). my timing was just off. i sent player-1 pics (several)

edit: BTW if a star shows ur doing it either too slow or ur falco isnt frame perfect

(no star)pics:
But that's not instantly.. -__-

You drop it when hitstun has ended. It's cool, but it was not what I asked.
By "instantly drops" I mean WHILE getting hit. If you get hit/thrown the bananas falls down immediately. And I wanted to know if you can control this, because it only happens sometimes (most of the time it doesn't happen).

So it is random.
But you found out something else. You can drop items as soon as hitstun has ended which is faster than any attack/airdodge so this can help against chaingrabs or frame traps etc...

It obviously doesn't help against IC chaingrabs though. If you're lucky the banana drops instantly (not sure if it's possible though)...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol ninjalink did u know dtilt and uptilt ALSO work lol... but uptilt i think clashes after mk has been in the tornado long enough and dtilt has restricted range. i already knew about the ftilt and stuff BUT wut about when the mk is out of the reach from ftilt but high enough to where he can connect with u in his tornado. basically stopping an airborne tornado. fair never seems to work as tornado either eats the fair and ignores it or mk does get hit but only at the initial startup of tornado. upair seems to work often for me when i first get into the tornado but i have to sdi in and out for that **** so its kinda inconsistent dealing with the tornado variables. anymore help?

btw guys since my method is different than z dropping and **** and is faster than z dropping wut should it be called since it is not insta-drop (Extreme instant drop)? yes it works against frame traps and multi hit moves such as that dumb snake first hit of ftilt to the first hit of ftilt again lol *** that bs or wario's dair because if u were to use z drop in those situations u WILL airdodge as the game registers u airdodging with the "grab/shield" button instead of dropping an item. btw ill tell u now how to do it.
Hold r when getting hit or in hitstun and press and/or tap A. u can apply this "drop" to anything because unlike z drop which can cause an airdodge (after hit mostly) if u recatch with z again and cannot respond to an opponent quickly enough u can simply drop ON GROUND or air and respond.

btw u "can" get out of king d3's chain with the above since that **** aint frame precise (gotta time it)...frame precise my nuts...peanuts...

lol wuts funny is that luigi gets out of infinite with this LOL but not like it matters xD cuz the banana literally lands below him ANDDDDD he doesnt have bananas to begin with!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dtilt with banana in hand is basically tilting ur analog in the direction of where its circled in red and pressing A

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
lol ninjalink did u know dtilt and uptilt ALSO work lol... but uptilt i think clashes after mk has been in the tornado long enough and dtilt has restricted range. i already knew about the ftilt and stuff BUT wut about when the mk is out of the reach from ftilt but high enough to where he can connect with u in his tornado. basically stopping an airborne tornado. fair never seems to work as tornado either eats the fair and ignores it or mk does get hit but only at the initial startup of tornado. upair seems to work often for me when i first get into the tornado but i have to sdi in and out for that **** so its kinda inconsistent dealing with the tornado variables. anymore help?
Just gunna go ahead and ask the obvious question. You have tried angling the Ftilt right?

Esca

Smash Champion
Hold r when getting hit or in hitstun and press and/or tap A. u can apply this "drop" to anything because unlike z drop which can cause an airdodge (after hit mostly) if u recatch with z again and cannot respond to an opponent quickly enough u can simply drop ON GROUND or air and respond.
This has already been implemented as an AT for Toon Link, where he drops a bomb instead. This isn't new.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
This has already been implemented as an AT for Toon Link, where he drops a bomb instead. This isn't new.
This.....except it isnt 'new' for toon link either if it WAS DONE IN MELEE lol

DFEAR if u check the playlist theres more anti-tornado methods

Esca

Smash Champion
Yeah, I knew Link could do it as well.

But I don't even consider Melee and Brawl in the same genre.

Melee is more of a fighting game.

Brawl is a racing game, IMO.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Btw. Get this through ur heads. MK MASHING B FOR TORNADO DOESNT IT GIVE IT ANY MORE 'PRIORITY'. PRIORITY IS A MYTH IN ITSELF IN THIS GAME. ANY MOVE THAT CLASHES CAN CLASH WITH ANYTHING. ZERO SUIT SAMUS' JAB CLASHES WITH SNAKES UPTILT!

The way u beat tornado is to hit MK without clashing with his Tornado hitbox. If it hits those before it hits him, It doesnt stop him. Ftilt has range which is why it works. Either u outrange it OR use a move that doesnt have clashing properties aka 'Transcendent'. Bananas are one of those as it cant be clashed with anything.

MK's hitboxes in game Around 2:46

MKs hitboxes frame by frame At 2:00

Take a look at Tornado from there. No change in hitboxes. Just 3 bubbles. Ur goal is to bypass those bubbles. Transcendant moves ignores the bubbles. Clashing moves doesnt.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think you're actually missing tornado hitboxes. I wonder if some aren't showing up?

I know you can get hit with the very top edge of the tornado

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I think you're actually missing tornado hitboxes. I wonder if some aren't showing up?

I know you can get hit with the very top edge of the tornado
Nope. If u look at MKs sword theres no hitboxes about that point. I always knew that before these hitboxes were shown.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We always knew the top was weak, but those hitboxes seem awful small.

Are they different when you do an aerial tornado?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom