• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi player

Smash Master
ADHD ****ing ***** every MK there!!!!

Ninjalink did well too although his fights against M2K were kinda sucky...

Dekar beat Dehf, that's really nice.... and AZ came far too. Good **** beating Cable.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
congrats. I starting playing horrible after seibrik T_T. Very taxing weekend....personal stuff. Sorry guys :-\

Dalub

Smash Apprentice
Hey i got a question! Today i was brawlin' some CPUs cuz i was really bored and when i was vs Wario, i did a grab release and could follow up it with a Fair, but again, it was a CPU, so, does this work on human players? Or it can Be DI'd out?
I'm not really sure about it D:

PD: OMG Good job there ADHD congratulations :3

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Hey i got a question! Today i was brawlin' some CPUs cuz i was really bored and when i was vs Wario, i did a grab release and could follow up it with a Fair, but again, it was a CPU, so, does this work on human players? Or it can Be DI'd out?
I'm not really sure about it D:

PD: OMG Good job there ADHD congratulations :3
Umm.....from what I know.....yes. Since Wario gets "grab-released gayed" due to his Aerial release. (I think it's his aerial release)

Luigi player

Smash Master
I think Wario won't jump release from Diddys grab, unless you're at a slope or an edge and he isn't touching the ground (or he presses jump while being grabbed).

If he jump releases you can attack him, yeah.

Dalub

Smash Apprentice
I think Wario won't jump release from Diddys grab, unless you're at a slope or an edge and he isn't touching the ground.

If he jump releases you attack him, yeah.
Oh ok, and yes, i mean'd when he jump releases.
Ty to both.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
The funny part is, he screamed for nothing because it would have to end eventually and ADHD let go on his own accord.

Dekar173

Justice Man
At least he avenged me getting timed out.

NL- you're better.

Gnes- you going to El Paso?? :O

**** it I should have ****ing teamed with Lee Martin. I'm so stupid it hurts.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
...that scream...was amazing. i kinda wonder why he didnt just lock him long enough till the stage killed them both but clearly it didnt matter.
Also good **** adhd 4 winning it all. does anyone know how much money the winner got?

also to answer the wario question, in theory u can banana lock him 2 the edge and the release leads into a Dair

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
****. And I wanted DEHF to win this whole time. Oh well. Good job ADHD i guess.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Brackets were the worst i have ever seen. Every region was fighting each other. My whole crew fought each other one after one. So stupid.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else notice that in ADHD's games agaisnt M2K he didn't use Diddy Flip to recover? He would just second jump and fully charged barrel onto the stage to recover.

Gnes

Smash Master
At least he avenged me getting timed out.

NL- you're better.

Gnes- you going to El Paso?? :O

**** it I should have ****ing teamed with Lee Martin. I'm so stupid it hurts.
Yeah i am. I cant believe u passed up teaming with Lee LMAO. Hahaha hes one of my dream partners, u could have lived my dream :(

And yes...m2k is horrible at that matchup

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ya I'm ****ing dumb for doing it, but it was AT the tourney the day that teams pools were (supposed to) happen and Lee asked me and I was hesitant and then said no because I was already teaming with Lain and didn't wanna **** him over.

I'm dumb :)

SRTM

Smash Ace
any tips for beating R.O.B's?
Especially on smaller stages like battlefield. Can't get passed the gyro spam or shield grabs :(

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i don't know how diddy would be bad against gyro spam. They are the easiest things to shield and catch. If he shieldgrabs you, just don't approach. take out two bananas and throw them until he reacts. the only thing you have to watch out for is being close range with rob, but that's it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
If he shoots the gyro at you, holding down (seemingly, not TOO sure about it) makes it easier for you to catch the top from the ground.

uthrow helps you juggle him a LOT.

if he's recovering from below, bair is really useful (just abuse the 20 frames of invincibility you can get from ledge-dropping).

Learn to DI out of dsmash, of course.

DIing the nair is pretty weird, just practice it some time and you'll understand what I mean.

Gyro spam- throw a naner at it, it bounces backwards and 9 times out of 10 the ROB will try to either laser you, or grab the gyro, now you abuse him with an instant throw or a fair, depending on spacing.

ROB is easy!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Adding to the "throw the nana at the gyro".

The nana will bounce off the gyro forming an L-shape much like throwing a nana at the stage elements of Brinstar. I use this shape to not just push the gyro back but to give further options (short hop > catch > instant throw nana over gyro - easy example there is other stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom