• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I think I'm going to go help update the SNL guide. I just spent a lot of time working on set ups(and punishments) for SNL. Thanks for your input guys.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Saturday Night Live to be mastered in 2010.
I've been thinking that ever since I read it

This was brought up elsewhere: why, when our Dash Attack has bad priority, is the DA always viewed positively when non-Diddy mains talk about Diddy? I always hear "He has Bananas, an awesome Dash Attack, blah blah blah" or something along those lines, and the Dash Attack is usually the second thing mentioned after Bananas.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
cuz it has no lag, great combo starter, probably the best dash attack in the game both in usage and versatility.

but its true what u say. people always bash their mains.

****ing diddy cant killl UGHHHHHH

DFEAR

Smash Hero
fair is laggy as balls lolz

fsmash never lands on someone who can sdi

dsmash is too cool to be used lol

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
but its true what u say. people always bash their mains.
Not universal, heh. I go to the ROB boards and there's all these depressing threads about how ROB is horrible, C tier at best, completely unviable, "give up now" threads, and I go to the Fox boards and see B-tier or higher Fox is teh awsum, zomg new tech, other people's infinites on us don't phase us, we beat MK and other high tiers threads.

some character mainers are weird.

****ing diddy cant killl UGHHHHHH
I ragequit life playing any DKs.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
sigh DK. So annoying.

Anyway whats up guys?
We're still trying to find out who is dumb enough to practice SNL

Moar peanuts have been shot thanks to a new in-joke

ADHD beat people which made the general population understand that Diddy is good

He also caused a large bandwagon of new players switching from their mains that they are good with because Diddy is so easy to pick up :)

We haven't had a mod in forever until Dekar

Joke threads are still permitted and in some ways encouraged

Almost no new techs have been discovered that I'm aware of

Guides have been written for those that we already know (and on things like MK's Tornado and whatnot)

Camp.

Good players are still good, bad players are still bad; nobody has really showed up being suddenly amazing to my knowledge

We cleaned out the stickies, but nobody uses the new ones anyway (except this one)

A decade passed since you've been away, literally

That's all I know

lol ragequit

I really want to hear this battle between DA being good or bad continue, because it seems like each side has a polar opposite view atm

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
We're still trying to find out who is dumb enough to practice SNL

Moar peanuts have been shot thanks to a new in-joke

ADHD beat people which made the general population understand that Diddy is good

He also caused a large bandwagon of new players switching from their mains that they are good with because Diddy is so easy to pick up :)

We haven't had a mod in forever until Dekar

Joke threads are still permitted and in some ways encouraged

Almost no new techs have been discovered that I'm aware of

Guides have been written for those that we already know (and on things like MK's Tornado and whatnot)

Camp.

Good players are still good, bad players are still bad; nobody has really showed up being suddenly amazing to my knowledge

We cleaned out the stickies, but nobody uses the new ones anyway (except this one)

A decade passed since you've been away, literally

That's all I know

lol ragequit

I really want to hear this battle between DA being good or bad continue, because it seems like each side has a polar opposite view atm
I thought i shown diddy was good besides adhd lol.

Seems like diddys need my help more than ever lmao
R u sayin no one has discovered ATs since i last posted them?

SRTM

Smash Ace
dair>bair :) I always get grabbed out of a short hopped fair :(

I'm trying to learn to reverse peanut cancel or whatever its called when im on a ledge. So I can get a banana on stage out of a double jump. Tips?

Also, whats a good cp against dedede.. bf is not a good idea :(

Player-1

Smash Legend
dair>bair :) I always get grabbed out of a short hopped fair :(

I'm trying to learn to reverse peanut cancel or whatever its called when im on a ledge. So I can get a banana on stage out of a double jump. Tips?

Also, whats a good cp against dedede.. bf is not a good idea :(
BF is my standard CP against D3, you probably just need to learn the matchup better.

Player-1

Smash Legend
D3 can grab you out of Side B.

His dair also eats through peanuts...

I do agree that the hardest part comes when ur off stage, the best we can do is use side B to clash with his bair

so stupid...
that's why you mix up with the grab, the kick, and midair jumping. and that's why you jump and peanut.

Gnes

Smash Master
that's why you mix up with the grab, the kick, and midair jumping. and that's why you jump and peanut.
R u talking about jumping out of side B...regardless...being in the air against D3 is bad, its much easier for him to block all your options when ur falling to the ground.

I'm not saying side B is bad in this matchup, but it should be used sparingly.

Player-1

Smash Legend
R u talking about jumping out of side B...regardless...being in the air against D3 is bad, its much easier for him to block all your options when ur falling to the ground.

I'm not saying side B is bad in this matchup, but it should be used sparingly.
yeah, and you can still do things like b reverse or dodge drop before you hit the ground (if they try to get close) if you have a banana in your hand. In my experiences against D3 side-b is amazing in the matchup.

oh also, if airdodge is the best way to momentum cancel then why can't you do 2 airdodges in the air like bair?

Player-3

Smash Hero
you can airdodge earlier out of hitstun than you can aerial

my guess is the time between airdodging out of hitstun and aerial out of it is greater than the time between AD and Bairs length

although i still gonna use bair cuz ADing is dumb

and im picking diddy up as a secondary

for mk

cuz marth v mk is really
really
really
stupid

Player-1

Smash Legend
i mean can you actually leave hitstun faster than an aerial specifically? Or is it because air dodge starts faster than bair? Because if the 2nd is true then wouldn't Uair be the best and we know it's not because bair ends faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom