• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUB

Smash Lord
F-tilt is best move on Yoshis.

Actually, I do use n-air. Really only in doubles for partner saving reasons. I use n-air to knock DK out of fall special when he Up+B momentum cancels. It won't kill him and gives him good position.

Will n-air stage spike if you drop one from the ledge? Assuming the opponent is between you and the stage ( like FD). EX- You just grabbed the ledge before a Pit who just WoI and now he is in that position. Will a Ledge Drop n-air stage spike?

sai_:)

Smash Ace
ummm I kinda suck at those too lol. Maybe concentrate less on your own bananas but more on controlling your opponents. that way you can maintain the banana control you are used to and your opponent is stuck banana less. Once you get said banana control...
CAMP
CAMP
CAMP
CAMP
CAMP.
now the other diddy should be forced to approach, which should be stopped by your bananas If you are using them very carefully (hopefully :( )
...This is all i know tho. if anyone else has better advice I would appreciate it as well as JJ rockets

Count

Smash Champion
ummm I kinda suck at those too lol. Maybe concentrate less on your own bananas but more on controlling your opponents. that way you can maintain the banana control you are used to and your opponent is stuck banana less. Once you get said banana control...
CAMP
CAMP
CAMP
CAMP
CAMP.
now the other diddy should be forced to approach, which should be stopped by your bananas If you are using them very carefully (hopefully :( )
...This is all i know tho. if anyone else has better advice I would appreciate it as well as JJ rockets
Haha, I believe you learned this from me ^_^.

Reverse glide tossing is good in this matchup. Just think what you would do in certain situations, and punish that! (or if you think you are better, what a lesser diddy would do in certain situations)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
honstly dittos work like this.

if ur opponent uses bananas, catch and use them. other than that let the better banana-less diddy win

dtilt/ftilt/jabs/grabs are great in the ditto. alot of stuff beats dash attack :3

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Haha, I believe you learned this from me ^_^.

Reverse glide tossing is good in this matchup. Just think what you would do in certain situations, and punish that! (or if you think you are better, what a lesser diddy would do in certain situations)

Lol actually i kinda did from the last time we had our dittos. I wish Aggro Diddy was better...but Campy diddy actually is superior...and it makes me sad :(

TreK

Is "that guy"
Someone should make a Diddy community picture thread. I want to put some faces to these names.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v22942/1110/25/n1381149543_6748.jpg
I put this on facebook like 6 hours ago. Can't find anything more recent lol

FelixTrix said:
LOL who'd punish a roll or spot dodge with a nair. LMAO
There are actually a couple reasons why I nair that often.
At low % it does kickass comboes, at mid% it's useless, at high% it refresh your moves but it doesn't send the enemy far away, which is a problem with every other aerial, and I can keep my momentum.
And you can taunt with it.

Use nair =@

Btw, happy new year ! It's 1am here =V
It feels nice to speak to people from the past year haha

PortCity

Smash Ace
Yo, how come we don't have diddy kong's hitboxes / hitbubbles on youtube anywhere? Do we have access to anyone that can do it? I have seen Pit, Marth, Peach, GW, Snake (0_o) and MK (also (0_o)), I don't see one for diddy anywhere.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I thought I'd go ahead and say Happy New Year's. Sorry if it doesn't exactly pertain to the Diddy Kong boards.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
not to derail the subject, but--

OOOHHHSHEEEEESSHHHYA'LLNEEWWWWYEAAARRRR

And my New Year's Resolution is to be more active in the Smash scene. There's a VGBootCamp tournament in my city in February that I'm probably going to, along with maybe one that's only like 40 minutes away, so I want to get prepared.

I haven't really been looking at Smashboards since September, so if anyone could detail me with some stuff that's happened (tournaments, diddy techs, people's placements, etc) that'd be nice.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Loocas mains be invading the diddy boards. :I

Also, fighting Snake is fun, when there's little to/or no lag. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom