• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, I'm fairly new to these forums and saw this thread. Perhaps I'm posting in the wrong place, but oh well. If anyone living in Dayton needs a match, I would definitely need to play some good Brawlers (my friends all suck) in preperation for some tournies (whatever I can go to.).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... Actually, a friend and I were thinking we might start one in Dayton if we can find a place for it, but so far I haven't seen anything going on in Dayton.

I'll still play you if you want though ;)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
yeah thats cool, there are alot of smashers down here by UC and we they usually make smashfest every friday now.
Hmmm... what time do you usually have this at, and how close is UC to the Greyhound station? I may just swing by after my Friday class one of these days.

smash64

Smash Champion
Hmmm... what time do you usually have this at, and how close is UC to the Greyhound station? I may just swing by after my Friday class one of these days.
oh i didnt know you went to UC oh and im not quite sure how far it is but i bet its not far at all cuz its right by UC but here you can check out the thread where we have these at http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169153

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't actually. I go to Sinclair in Dayton, but again, there's nothing in Dayton it seems, and UC is supposedly only an hour away (I'd have to check how long it would take for a bus to get there though.).

Thanks for the link though.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll be there one of these days. Actually, if you guys have one this week, that would probably be the most convenient for me.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Anyone around youngstown Ohio. Im really good with Link and I need to kno if there are tourneys in my area because im trying to get recognized in tourney play.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Check out the Smash-on-the-lake events. They're a little way out, but other than some of the Cleveland monthlies, that's probably the closest thing you have.

Also, Smash64, when do you guys usually end the weeklies? (AKA what time should I look for a bus ride home?)

aquteen

Smash Ace
are you talking coloumbus like in the middle of ohio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cause if you are.......... where have you been man?

nojoes

Smash Ace
Check out Test your might, melee brawl, we've got it all.

it's about the only running tournament in north eastern ohio and was formerly smash on the lake.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
For Columbus:

If you guys give a day/time in advance (say like a week or two), I MAY be able to make it. I suck at melee (well, considerably more than at Brawl anyway), but I'd be willing to play you guys in either that or Brawl.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It would be nice to have some small tournaments in Dayton. But what about Cincinnati? It seems like there would be activity there.
Yeah, they have weeklies and monthlies there I believe. Only problem (for me anyway) is that Greyhound buses have TERRIBLE schedules...

N

Nick France

Hey all Columbus folks

I'm trying to pick Melee up again after not playing for a couple years, and I'm looking for some good people to play with/most likely tear me apart. My friends who actually frequent these boards told me Columbus had a lot of solid players, and just a lot of players in general.

Anyway, I was wondering if there's any sort of communal arcade/coffee shop/place where people frequent to play Smash, or if you all just battle in private.

So yeah. If anyone around campus/Clintonville wants to play or knows of a good place to, holla at me.

N

Nick France

Also, out of laziness, I didn't read through this whole topic. But it is super long.

ghostgore

Smash Rookie
If anyone near the osu campus wants to brawl pm me and we can play if I ever get free time. I want to play someone better than I am so I can get better.
Also, if anyone knows of a tournament near the campus anytime soon, I would love to know about it.

N

Nick France

I guess I'm trying to get into the osu scene, but how does one do that? And is there still a healthy one for Melee?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
'Sup guys, I'm a freshmen at OWU and I'm looking to get into the Ohio scene. I'd definitely be willing to travel to Columbus for smashfests, tournies, whatever. The "Middle of Ohio" tourney looks like good stuff too.

OWU doesn't have any good melee players, but a few ok Brawl players. Definitely want to play some melee though.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
'Sup guys, I'm a freshmen at OWU and I'm looking to get into the Ohio scene. I'd definitely be willing to travel to Columbus for smashfests, tournies, whatever. The "Middle of Ohio" tourney looks like good stuff too.

OWU doesn't have any good melee players, but a few ok Brawl players. Definitely want to play some melee though.
OWU is kinda close to Marion...If you're ever up for either/or, pm me or call me

Top Bottom