• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
@ NRwC. I totally understand where your coming from but I was just making a positive comment instead of flaming the idea of Waliugi, as most people do. To say I would hope Goomba fans get what they want is just hyperbole. Seriously, that's all it was, a positive comment. I don't want this thread to turn into an analysis of my comments.

@ Red Maniac. I didn't see it when I posted. Taking a look at it I have to admit it doesn't really excite me.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I'm one of those people who actually likes Waluigi a lot. I used him in Mario Tennis 64, I used him in Mario Party 3, 4, 5 and 6 (didn't play 7), use him in Mario Kart DS and Double Dash, etc. Waluigi will be a sure shoe-in for SSBB. The way I see it, they'll pull the old "Well, we've got Mario, Luigi and Wario... may as well put Waluigi in."
Ehh you have a point there. They DID pull the old "Well, we've got Pichu, and Pikachu... may as well put Raichu in." Oh wait...

Pffft. Just because you used him in the filler games doesn't mean he's in.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Here's a Shakespeare-sized tragedy for you: Wolf being degraded to a Fox alt.

WTF Sakurai?!?
Truth. RDK tells it like it is.

I'm quoting myself from the last page because NO ONE read this post:
Admittedly, those are indeed movesets. The sports one sucks, imo, but the other one seems. . . okay. The lack of a whip-related move is a point against it since that's one of the only things Waluigi actually does have going for him. But ultimately, all it proves is that a Waluigi moveset technically can be made. Not that it should. That moveset doesn't exactly thrill me.

@ NRwC. I totally understand where your coming from but I was just making a positive comment instead of flaming the idea of Waliugi, as most people do. To say I would hope Goomba fans get what they want is just hyperbole. Seriously, that's all it was, a positive comment. I don't want this thread to turn into an analysis of my comments.
Fair enough. I can't fault you for being positive.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Admittedly, those are indeed movesets. The sports one sucks, imo, but the other one seems. . . okay. The lack of a whip-related move is a point against it since that's one of the only things Waluigi actually does have going for him. But ultimately, all it proves is that a Waluigi moveset technically can be made. Not that it should. That moveset doesn't exactly thrill me.
It was made before we even KNEW about the whip.

RDK

Smash Hero
all it proves is that a Waluigi moveset technically can be made. Not that it should. That moveset doesn't exactly thrill me.
Kind of like a second Holocaust technically CAN happen. Not that it should.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Kind of like a second Holocaust technically CAN happen. Not that it should.
Exactly... sort of >_> well interest rates would fall

And if something gets in the game then thats means something else doesn't... or there is a delay.

Now if one character gets in then another gets out (Or a lot of extra features) so remember not all fans can get what they want. It's always best to choose what you want and don't want... its what Sakurai is doing.

And biggie... no Toad is very different and is not as minor as a Chocobo not to mention the fact that he is first party and stuff.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
who cares about moveset? I'm sure Sakurai could come up with a great moveset for anyone, even a small little dot he could probably make a move set for, the move set should not be used against Waluigi, since a move set can be made for anyone

Stryks

Smash Hero
I agree moveset is the LEAST of waluigis problem, his STATUS as a character fails,he nothing but a filler thus should not be in brawl, a game of all stars...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
who cares about moveset? I'm sure Sakurai could come up with a great moveset for anyone, even a small little dot he could probably make a move set for, the move set should not be used against Waluigi, since a move set can be made for anyone
That's right.

Which is why a lot of people like to stick to the following points:

He's hardly an actual Mario character.
There are more deserving characters to choose from.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously cmon guys can u think something more original... wait this is a waluigi thread rite? oh that explains the lack oforiginality...

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
... no Toad is very different and is not as minor as a Chocobo not to mention the fact that he is first party and stuff.
Chocobos are generic. Toads are Generic. They each have their seperate games not to mention CHocobo appears as filler in many games much like Toad. Who cares if he's Third Party? That's a minor detail, there should be at least 5 - 7 3rd party characters.

People don't care for Toad, because he's a Generic guy. He's like Goomba. He's not a finite guy like Mario or Luigi, because they're unique, and have important riles in several games, not to mention being the most recognizable gaming icons.

Toad is Peach's Move anyways. I'm not even going to get a picture, it's on Peach's update. Besides, No character has ever changed B moves during the change from 64 to Melee. Why should they do that now? 64 and Brawl will have quite a bit of similarities, much like not having Toad in either. Though, he has a bit of a chance for SSB4 that I'll admit.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
So Link cant get in because there are lik 12 of him. O well.

Pikachu cant get in because there are countless numbers of that species. O well.

*repeat for all Pokemans* O well.

And other examples etc

Anyways Toad would represent all the Toad's that appeared in the sports games and the main games and such... he is only as generic as Mario is because after all, Mario is human right? and there are like what? 6 Billion humans!? : O

But Toad still has a major importance to his series... I don't think he will get in but I defend the facts.

But this is the Waluigi thread we shouldn't be having intelligent discussion here.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Chocobos are generic. Toads are Generic. They each have their seperate games not to mention CHocobo appears as filler in many games much like Toad.
But there is one single Toad that is considered THE Toad (I bet you didn't know that). As far as I know, the same is not true for chocobos.

Who cares if he's Third Party? That's a minor detail, there should be at least 5 - 7 3rd party characters.
According to who? You or Sakurai? Because I'm pretty sure Sakurai said 3 at the most.

People don't care for Toad, because he's a Generic guy. He's like Goomba. He's not a finite guy like Mario or Luigi, because they're unique, and have important riles in several games, not to mention being the most recognizable gaming icons.
I strongly suggest you take a look at the Toad Discussion thread (which I will link you to in a minute if I don't get lazy) because I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: **** the Toad Discussion thread. Read this.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Toad

Toad is Peach's Move anyways. I'm not even going to get a picture, it's on Peach's update. Besides, No character has ever changed B moves during the change from 64 to Melee. Why should they do that now?
Because they already HAVE. Need I remind you of Mario's FLUDD? I'm not saying you're wrong; Toad is indeed Peach's move, which is a shame. But it will be even more shameful is someone like Waluigi gets in as a playable character now. A slap in the face.

But this is the Waluigi thread we shouldn't be having intelligent discussion here.
I lol'd. That's a little mean to the fans, but it was funny.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
So Link cant get in because there are lik 12 of him. O well.

Pikachu cant get in because there are countless numbers of that species. O well.

*repeat for all Pokemans* O well.

And other examples etc

Anyways Toad would represent all the Toad's that appeared in the sports games and the main games and such... he is only as generic as Mario is because after all, Mario is human right? and there are like what? 6 Billion humans!? : O
Uhh I said Unique, pay more attention next time. Mario is a UNIQUE Guy. He's like some guy you could pick out of a crowd unique. Toad isn't, because there are more than one Toad! If Toad isn't a character, it's a race. There is no specific Toad!

Pikachu gets in for like I said, unique ness, and being Ash's Pikachu. Mewtwo gets in because he has a large fanbase and a kick *** attitude, not to mention there is only one in the anime. That was a temporary time for Link, IIRC.
But Toad still has a major importance to his series... I don't think he will get in but I defend the facts.

His Series? Where's Wario Woods 2? BTW, since you made a funny, continue the arguement in the Toad thread.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No I cant be bothered to go there and also there is like he said a certain toad throughout all the games.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
No I cant be bothered to go there and also there is like he said a certain toad throughout all the games.
So I've crushed al yoru arguements except for one. Well, what "Certain Toad" are you talking about? There is no singular toad to my knowledge. It would have been given a name and a different Color. Dare you bring up Yoshi, Yoshis on Yoshi island are different coloirs each. There has been the Green one to represent himself in the games, the green one is the actual Yoshi.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So I've crushed al yoru arguements except for one. Well, what "Certain Toad" are you talking about? There is no singular toad to my knowledge. It would have been given a name and a different Color. Dare you bring up Yoshi, Yoshis on Yoshi island are different coloirs each. There has been the Green one to represent himself in the games, the green one is the actual Yoshi.
Since you decided to completely ignore my post. . . .

http://www.mariowiki.com/Toad

Also, your point about Yoshi doesn't stand. There are not only many Yoshis, but many green Yoshis. Plus, the Yoshi in SSB can be several different colors; green is just his main color. Because the Yoshi that is considered THE Yoshi happens to be green, as you said.

Now please stop talking about things you have no knowledge of.

Stryks

Smash Hero
So I've crushed al yoru arguements except for one. Well, what "Certain Toad" are you talking about? There is no singular toad to my knowledge. It would have been given a name and a different Color. Dare you bring up Yoshi, Yoshis on Yoshi island are different coloirs each.

EPIC FAIL

There has been the Green one to represent himself in the games, the green one is the actual Yoshi.

This toad is use in all mario party, mario kart and etc.

DOUBLE EPIC FAIL

Craigst

Smash Rookie
Yes, toad is far too generic to be one of the main playable characters. It would be fine as an assist trophy, however, it shouldn't be in the same crowd as say, samus or fox.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ok, so I'll go and give you that Toad has some guy representing. Still, now he sounds like Daisy.
How does he seem like Daisy?

Regardless, Daisy's a better choice than Waluigi too since she's at least somewhat cannon to the main Mario games.

Yes, toad is far too generic to be one of the main playable characters. It would be fine as an assist trophy, however, it shouldn't be in the same crowd as say, samus or fox.
But Yoshi should? Yoshi and Toad are just as "generic" as one another.

As it's been stated about 5 times now, there is one Toad who is considered the Toad.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC

o______________o;;

I was bored...XD I could do better tho o.o I made it too quickly :D
Pretty good.
Waluigians??

EPIC FAIL
Yeah, Club R.I.D.L.E.Y is the most original name.
Not even a good name.
YOur username reminds me of waffles. Mmmm...
Seriously cmon guys can u think something more original... wait this is a waluigi thread rite? oh that explains the lack oforiginality...
Tehehehe

Wait, brainstorming... How about the Church of Waluigi? The Gamma (Γ) Squad?

Or crappy acronyms?

FILLER?
F.or
I.nexperienced
L.ong shots
L.ittle guys
E.n ("en" is "in" in Spanish >_>)
bR.awl

OR UNORIGINAL-IB?
U.nited
N.ation
O.r
R.agtag Supporters
I.n
G.etting
I.mitative
N.on-Original
A.pplesauce
L.overs
-
I.n
B.rawl

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
BTW Stryks, just ebcause you photoshoppsed picturesof TOada and changed them into a different respective color each, Doesn;t mean there are different Toads. I'm laggin because the ******* who ****ing STRETCHED THE PAGE.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC

*whispers*I do not think that is photoshopped... if it is, Nintendo.com must have a LOT of photoshopped picture...*whispers*

Not trying to put anyone down.

Just want to save you from Stryks typing in l33t so he can say what n00bs we are, then say that we have just been "pwned" and celebrates despite the fact that we are most likely going to counterpoint whatever he says, only for him to do the same thing, make a bombs reference, and so on and so forth.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You know thats actually official artwork of super Mario sunshine? well obviously not.

And club R.I.D.L.E.Y. actually stands for something good and it was the first (Of what I can tell) of these character support clubs.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
BTW Stryks, just ebcause you photoshoppsed picturesof TOada and changed them into a different respective color each, Doesn;t mean there are different Toads. I'm laggin because the ******* who ****ing STRETCHED THE PAGE.
That picture isn't shop'd.

And even if it were, it doesn't matter. If you followed the link I posted for you twice now, you'd know there's a singular Toad regardless.

Stryks

Smash Hero
http://www.nintendo.com/home

Biggie u can see in the page theres that red toad, but his body is completely shown, while in the pic I gave hes missing a part of its head, thus its real, beside put toad mario in yahoo image search and that appears... U have won the award for biggest fail of the day, candidate for the biggest fail of the week and month...

doubt u can win epic fail of the year, since the_sandman_ has that pretty much won...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
http://www.nintendo.com/home

Biggie u can see in the page theres that red toad, but his body is completely shown, while in the pic I gave hes missing a part of its head, thus its real, beside put toad mario in yahoo image search and that appears... U have won the award for biggest fail of the day, candidate for the biggest fail of the week and month...

doubt u can win epic fail of the year, since the_sandman_ has that pretty much won...

*whispers*I do not think that is photoshopped... if it is, Nintendo.com must have a LOT of photoshopped picture...*whispers*

Not trying to put anyone down.

Just want to save you from Stryks typing in l33t so he can say what n00bs we are, then say that we have just been "pwned" and celebrates despite the fact that we are most likely going to counterpoint whatever he says, only for him to do the same thing, make a bombs reference, and so on and so forth.
Man, I'm good.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The sandman made that saying what it is today.

Edit: And no your not good compared to me considering I predicted almost exactly what the sandman was going to say in a single post on multiple subjects remember that Stryk's?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey I was the one that uber pwned everything he said IN ONE SINGLE POST, tough everytimed I quoted myself he would never aswer...

anyway waluigi sucks, and it is fact...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom