• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
^^^^
Yea, right? How did Megaman get an anti thread, and Waluigi still just has a debate thread?
Because no one likes or cares about Waluigi enough to make one...

Plus Anti-threads are just created by trolls anyway

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Those anti character topics are rarely against characters worth being against. Even if they are, the topic creator lacks any bit of logic in their reasoning as to why the character shouldn't be in the game.

That's what I've seen from this forum.

Perhaps an anti-Waluigi topic isn't needed because he's generally considered a crappy character. The majority of people around here want him as an AT, and only an AT. In general the purpose of creating an anti character topic is to piss people off. An anti-Waluigi topic just wouldn't accomplish that.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Nah. Most of the pro Waluigi guys either forgot about this thread, gave up, or mysteriously disappeared.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Shhh.... they aren't ready yet. We need to get more people. I sent like, 50 PMs.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Bombs or something squad

the motto: Warios in, so why not him? throwing bombs at a copy of a copy of a copy speed...
...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Using three very old statements.

Oh, you. You never fail to make me laugh...

Stryks, give me a hug.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
Id really would want him in, but I dunno, since Wario is in on his on games form, I dotn think Waluigi would make the cut. I just hope that Sakurai choose wisely on the characthers from the mario franchise

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Another reason I want him in, to see the people I've seen say they'd kill themselves if Waluigi is in really do it :p, I can just see it on the news now

"Local Resident in (Insert State and Country here) commits suicide after learning that Nintendo character, Waluigi, will be appearing in the upcoming Super Smash Brothers Brawl on the Nintendo Wii, more details as they arrive."

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Dammit why does everyone feel like copying R.I.D.L.E.Y. now a days!?
We're not trying to intentionally copy RIDLEY, we're just trying to show that we're bigger in numbers than you think.

So far, as of now, we have a WHOPPING...

...nine members.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
An pro Waluigi alliance could never become anything like R.I.D.L.E.Y. ... Sorry. There's just no real strong points for Waluigi's inclusion as playable, and there's A LOT of good points going against him. Ridley is much different. The majority (if not all) arguments against him are not good.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Who said we're trying to be like R.I.D.L.E.Y?

Also, the only good point against him is that there are more deserving characters.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Also, the only good point against him is that there are more deserving characters.
You forgot another big point:

Waluigi isn't important to the Mario series at all. He's only appeared in party games and other sports games.

Characters that are actually from the real Mario games should be in first.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Personally, I don't care for Waluigi but for all his fans, I hope he's in.

Could someone point me in the direction of a good moveset for him?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Personally, I don't care for Waluigi but for all his fans, I hope he's in.
I wonder, are you this passive with all Brawl candidates? Because I know I wouldn't hope for a character's inclusion if I didn't like them, because I would be saving all my support for characters I do like.

Nope.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Sinistar made a really good one. I'll find the link and post it.
You forgot another big point:

Waluigi isn't important to the Mario series at all. He's only appeared in party games and other sports games.

Characters that are actually from the real Mario games should be in first.
...okay, I'll give you that one.

>_>

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Here it is:
Just for the sake of asking, when was the last time any one has said a reason WHY Waluigi shoud be in brawl? All I keepsseeing is the brutal hatred a few people seem to have for this character, and it's completly taken over the thread. If the same amount of effort was put into making and improving your own character suggestions, there would be a lot more incredible movelists and original designs thought up. Therefore, I will throw my hat into the fire and give a reason why Waluigi shold enter the brawl, though his chances are quite slim.

Every character that enters the smash bros. roster, no matter how small or insignificant, represtents nintendo in some way, shape, or form. From the timeless superstars (Mario, Link, etc.), to the old school (Ice climbers, Dr. Mario), to the new face of an old favorite (Zero Suit Samus, Warioware Wario), to the different eras of certain francises (Pikachu /andPichu , Marth and Roy), even the time when Nintendo made games before the NES (Mr. Game & Watch).

Many characters can be added based on this theory. For example, Harry from Teleroboxer could represent the virtual boy, M0-9 or whatever that HAMMER guy's name is could represent the next generation and the Wii, R.O.B. could represent Nintendo's peripherals as well as the NES, Phoenix Wright could represent the DS, Sami or sturm could represent both the handheld market as well as Advance Wars, and Sonic could represent Sega and the great era of gaming we fondly remember as the 16-bit wars.

So I bet you're asking, "What could a cookie-cutter character like Waluigi POSSIBLY represent that no one else can?" The answer is more obvious then you think. Every year, nintendo makes a few mario titles that we like to call, "Party" Games. Be it sports, Kart racing, or the sub genre's namesake, they keep coming out, and people enjoy them. Waluigi has appeared exclusivly in these games, who else could represent them better? Waluigi's appearences has been limted to these kinds of games, and through them, we have a treasure trove of possible moves and supers. For example:

B = Party Orb - Waluigi throws an orb a short distance. When it lands, it opens up, revealing one of 4 random things:

1. Sparky bomb - the capsule explodes on contact, just like a bob-bomb, it does less damage then a bob-bomb, around 5 to 10% damage.

2. Mini Waluigi - A mini mario painted purple and black marches forward until it falls of a ledge, if it hits a wall, it walks up it. It does minor damage (2-3%) and grabs onto an opponent on contact, both slowing and weighing them down for a few moments, then it disappears.

3. Piranha plant - a potted piranha plant chomps at anyone foolish enough to get close to it (it attacks anything in a bowser's hitbox sized area). each bite does 7% damage, and on very rare occasions (about a 3% chance, like I said, VERY RARE) it will bite down hard on a layer, swing them around, slam them into the floor, and throw them towards the center of the arena (around 30% to 50% damage, depending on how many times they are slamed into the ground) Beware though, as the piranha plant can hurt waluigi as well. The piranha plant is also the rarest of waluigi's random items. It disappears after awhile, like a red shell.

4. Booster Pop! - A soda bottle that, when picked up, does one of the following:
1. Replenish 20% damage
2. Small attack boost
3. Small Defense boost
4. Small Speed boost
5. Poison! Deals 5 -10% damage
Opponents can also pick up the Booster Pop, just like any healing item.

Waluigi can have up to 2 orbs thrown at a time, the player must wait till the object has been used or vanishes before he can throw another one

^B - Bob-Bomb Blast - Waluigi throws a bob-bomb below him, and the blast sends him upwards to recover. The size of the blast is random, but the larger the blast, the higher waluigi will travel. On random occasions, like Luigi's Green Missile, the bomb will blow up prematurely, sending Waluigi a much greater distance, but also slightly damaging him.

vB - Evil Glare - Waluigi's Eyes light up (just like when he made a point in MArio Tennis for the 64). if hit during this time, the opponent's attack does no half damage (rounded up) and freezes for a few seconds (like jigglypuff's sleep or mewtwo's disable)

>B - Wrecking Rocket - Waluigi pulls out a hammer and begins to spin it around, then he lunges foward and flys through the air. This move is similar to Luigi's Green missile, in that it charges and launches the character foward, but it has no chance of exploding.

Brawl - Dice Roll Chance Time- Waluigi hits a dice block and the amount of damage dealt and who it is dealt to is on the die. It ranges from 10% to 100% and can even attack multiple characters, including waluigi. Luck be a lady when you use this attack.

Basically, Waluigi could be a random character, forcing the opponent to always be on their toes. It also uses objects and concepts from the ario party series. I hope this will provide plenty of meat for you waluigi haters out there but more importantly it will help bring some balence to this thread.

edit: I added the wrecking crew based attack and replaced the fury kick.
I also found this:

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
To be fair, it wouldn't be too hard to give Waluigi a moveset, especially if they base most of his physical attacks on his vine/thorn whip from Strikers. Still a ****ty character, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He should have a dog that snickers, especially when his evil plans fail

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice
I never actually paid attention to this thread because I thought it was a joke. xD

I had no idea people were serious.....-.-

Waluigi is a sucky filler for small-time Mario games.....

C'mon almost anyone is more deserving.

I'd bet any money on Waluigi not being in the game.

-Link-

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I wonder, are you this passive with all Brawl candidates? Because I know I wouldn't hope for a character's inclusion if I didn't like them, because I would be saving all my support for characters I do like.
Would there be any point in me saying he's a sack of crap? Didn't think so. I'm not supporting his inclusion. Instead, I just acknowledged some people want him in Brawl and hope they get what they want.

And say he does get in Brawl, who knows, alot of people who hated his idea may even play as him.

B move: He can throw bombs... or something...

that's all I got...
I tried.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Would there be any point in me saying he's a sack of crap? Didn't think so. I'm not supporting his inclusion. Instead, I just acknowledged some people want him in Brawl and hope they get what they want.
But that doesn't make sense. Sure, if Waluigi is in, it won't impede my Brawling experience, but I still don't hope he gets in because I don't like him. If a goomba had a fan that wanted it in, would you still hope that a goomba is playable in Brawl just because you hope that fan gets what he or she wants?

I'm just saying it's fine to be neutral, but you still don't have to hope for a character just because other people want him. Almost EVERY character every created is going have fans. There's no sense in hoping all those characters make it in just so those people are happy.

And say he does get in Brawl, who knows, alot of people who hated his idea may even play as him.
Perhaps. But deep down, I would always be bitter that he made it as a playable character and Toad didn't. That's a Shakespeare-sized tragedy if I've ever heard one.

RDK

Smash Hero
Originally Posted by ~N9NE~

Nope.
^ Win.

Point you in the right direction of a moveset? Can't, because there isn't one.

Except for Stryks's. I like his.

B move: He can throw bombs... or something...
^ Double Win.

That's a Shakespeare-sized tragedy if I've ever heard one.
Here's a Shakespeare-sized tragedy for you: Wolf being degraded to a Fox alt.

WTF Sakurai?!?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
If Toad gets in Brawl another Generic character should, like a Chocobo.

People who dare bring up the "HE HAD A GAME U ***GOT EVEN THO ITS JUST A PUZZZEL GAME", Chocobos have had their game on the DS as well. So, if you want Toad you must want Chocobo.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I'm quoting myself from the last page because NO ONE read this post:
Here it is:
Just for the sake of asking, when was the last time any one has said a reason WHY Waluigi shoud be in brawl? All I keepsseeing is the brutal hatred a few people seem to have for this character, and it's completly taken over the thread. If the same amount of effort was put into making and improving your own character suggestions, there would be a lot more incredible movelists and original designs thought up. Therefore, I will throw my hat into the fire and give a reason why Waluigi shold enter the brawl, though his chances are quite slim.

Every character that enters the smash bros. roster, no matter how small or insignificant, represtents nintendo in some way, shape, or form. From the timeless superstars (Mario, Link, etc.), to the old school (Ice climbers, Dr. Mario), to the new face of an old favorite (Zero Suit Samus, Warioware Wario), to the different eras of certain francises (Pikachu /andPichu , Marth and Roy), even the time when Nintendo made games before the NES (Mr. Game & Watch).

Many characters can be added based on this theory. For example, Harry from Teleroboxer could represent the virtual boy, M0-9 or whatever that HAMMER guy's name is could represent the next generation and the Wii, R.O.B. could represent Nintendo's peripherals as well as the NES, Phoenix Wright could represent the DS, Sami or sturm could represent both the handheld market as well as Advance Wars, and Sonic could represent Sega and the great era of gaming we fondly remember as the 16-bit wars.

So I bet you're asking, "What could a cookie-cutter character like Waluigi POSSIBLY represent that no one else can?" The answer is more obvious then you think. Every year, nintendo makes a few mario titles that we like to call, "Party" Games. Be it sports, Kart racing, or the sub genre's namesake, they keep coming out, and people enjoy them. Waluigi has appeared exclusivly in these games, who else could represent them better? Waluigi's appearences has been limted to these kinds of games, and through them, we have a treasure trove of possible moves and supers. For example:

B = Party Orb - Waluigi throws an orb a short distance. When it lands, it opens up, revealing one of 4 random things:

1. Sparky bomb - the capsule explodes on contact, just like a bob-bomb, it does less damage then a bob-bomb, around 5 to 10% damage.

2. Mini Waluigi - A mini mario painted purple and black marches forward until it falls of a ledge, if it hits a wall, it walks up it. It does minor damage (2-3%) and grabs onto an opponent on contact, both slowing and weighing them down for a few moments, then it disappears.

3. Piranha plant - a potted piranha plant chomps at anyone foolish enough to get close to it (it attacks anything in a bowser's hitbox sized area). each bite does 7% damage, and on very rare occasions (about a 3% chance, like I said, VERY RARE) it will bite down hard on a layer, swing them around, slam them into the floor, and throw them towards the center of the arena (around 30% to 50% damage, depending on how many times they are slamed into the ground) Beware though, as the piranha plant can hurt waluigi as well. The piranha plant is also the rarest of waluigi's random items. It disappears after awhile, like a red shell.

4. Booster Pop! - A soda bottle that, when picked up, does one of the following:
1. Replenish 20% damage
2. Small attack boost
3. Small Defense boost
4. Small Speed boost
5. Poison! Deals 5 -10% damage
Opponents can also pick up the Booster Pop, just like any healing item.

Waluigi can have up to 2 orbs thrown at a time, the player must wait till the object has been used or vanishes before he can throw another one

^B - Bob-Bomb Blast - Waluigi throws a bob-bomb below him, and the blast sends him upwards to recover. The size of the blast is random, but the larger the blast, the higher waluigi will travel. On random occasions, like Luigi's Green Missile, the bomb will blow up prematurely, sending Waluigi a much greater distance, but also slightly damaging him.

vB - Evil Glare - Waluigi's Eyes light up (just like when he made a point in MArio Tennis for the 64). if hit during this time, the opponent's attack does no half damage (rounded up) and freezes for a few seconds (like jigglypuff's sleep or mewtwo's disable)

>B - Wrecking Rocket - Waluigi pulls out a hammer and begins to spin it around, then he lunges foward and flys through the air. This move is similar to Luigi's Green missile, in that it charges and launches the character foward, but it has no chance of exploding.

Brawl - Dice Roll Chance Time- Waluigi hits a dice block and the amount of damage dealt and who it is dealt to is on the die. It ranges from 10% to 100% and can even attack multiple characters, including waluigi. Luck be a lady when you use this attack.

Basically, Waluigi could be a random character, forcing the opponent to always be on their toes. It also uses objects and concepts from the ario party series. I hope this will provide plenty of meat for you waluigi haters out there but more importantly it will help bring some balence to this thread.

edit: I added the wrecking crew based attack and replaced the fury kick.
I also found this:

RDK

Smash Hero
Once again. My post. Two good movesets.

Are you guys just ignoring all pro Waluigi posts?
Oh, sorry--I think I have my cyber-crap filter on.

There we go.

By the way, the next person who says Wolf is a Fox alt will be PUNCHED IN THE GOD**** FACE.
I agree. It's mostly the Krystal fanboys who say it, and I think it was someone from E for All that started that rumor in the first place.

If you look closely at Fox in that pic, you can tell it's just a slightly different coloration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom