• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
no he hasn't yet gotten any important role and he is too undeveloped/uncared about to get into brawl. maybe if he gets a real non party game in the main series he'll get into SSB someday but i hope not.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Seriously you think they will put Waluigi in brawl before... Toad ,Bowser jr , Daisy or even dry bones? no chance in hell.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Once he gets a role in a Wario game, then I feel he'll be ready to be put in. He's definitely done his time, he just needs to be recognized by Nintendo and taken seriously. Just one game, one canon game (or hell, even just one WarioWare game) and I'll accept him for the next upcoming Smash, whether it be SSB4, SSB5, SSB6, or SSB23.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually likely this is going to be the last smash but well even if he gets into a canon game he still has to compete with others... who is more important to the Mario franchise Koopa troopa or Waluigi? yhea thats what i thought.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Once he gets a role in a Wario game, then I feel he'll be ready to be put in. He's definitely done his time, he just needs to be recognized by Nintendo and taken seriously. Just one game, one canon game (or hell, even just one WarioWare game) and I'll accept him for the next upcoming Smash, whether it be SSB4, SSB5, SSB6, or SSB23.
Like said before, it took DOnkey Kong 10 years, and Waluigi has had 7. 3 years from now he'll be big [though not DKC big], and he'll be a super huge, super popular, and super awsome character! [hopefully] :) In SSB4 YES!...in Brawl [SSB3] HELL NO! He should be a AT though. ;)

i will killl eveyone who dosent want waluigi in brawll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll kill you first. Because "You see in combat, often a knife can be more useful then a gun."
:laugh: *insert other random Metal Gear Solid 3 quote here* :psycho: Get a real reason next time, not some stupid saying=lame! :p

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Omg he is going to kill me... i must serch my mind for the answer... how can i!... i *Que flash back* P:Your becoming more like your father Lego L: Omg someones trying to kill me what shall i do? P: Do a... DO A BARREL ROLL! *End flash back* DO A BARREL ROLL! i got! it! *does a barrel roll* and now we can live in peace once again...

Er... Often in combat a Knife is more useful than a G diffusor

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
His Final Smash can be the Waluigi Twister(like in Mario Power Tennis) except its huge and engulfs everyone else in the battle to the sky for an overhead KO!!! I'd like to see his SUCK IT taunt on Brawl if he's confirmed..

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
^^^^
Yea, or he could throw bombs... or something.

God! That never gets old! <3
*sigh*

i will killl eveyone who dosent want waluigi in brawll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well at least your supporting him, but I wouldn't do that, that would be nearly everyone...

You are making me feel sad inside.
/concur

You might be right... but I'll just find out myself..
-words of wisdom-

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Killing people who don't agree with you is not a very nice thing to do.:ohwell:

Lol, I'm sick of arguing against Waluigi, I guess it's pointless. I just think with Toad' being Peach's shield it would be even weirder having Waluigi as a PC. Toad is obviously more important to the Mario series then Waluigi.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I've never in all my life seen so much Waluigi haterism. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the guy, but he would make a great comic relief character. You have to give the pizano that!

Of course, I will lose no sleep over the fact that he's not on the game period.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't see how he can't be in Brawl. Mario was a starter and Luigi the unlockable. Wario is now the starter, so common sense would lead to Waluigi being the unlockable.

I personally can't wait for him. I love the guy. Listen to his Home team intro music in Strikers Charged for the Wii and you'll see why I love him so much. What a goon. :grin:

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I personally don't see how he can't be in Brawl. Mario was a starter and Luigi the unlockable. Wario is now the starter, so common sense would lead to Waluigi being the unlockable.

I personally can't wait for him. I love the guy. Listen to his Home team intro music in Strikers Charged for the Wii and you'll see why I love him so much. What a goon. :grin:
If Waluigi is so important tell me why he's never been in a Wario Ware game. Never had his own starring game. Frankly if Toad can't even get into Brawl as a playable character Waluigi won't get in.

Waluigi has as much chance as to be playable as Birdo and Daisy.

-Knight

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Or Ridley!

I don't think he'll make it in, Mushroom Kingdom reps are already way overdone.
'He's too big.'
Ridley's size is hardly an argument. Smash is meant to bring fan-favorite Nintendo (mostly) characters into playable fighting form. As long as a moveset can be created for them then they are Smash-capable. Ridley size would not interfere with this. Bowser is a good example, as he has been much larger than Ridley ever has been in some games, but in other games (even Smash) he has been downsized to fit whatever role he is given. Ridley's role has always been as a boss. (an important one, at that) It's only natural for him to be large and imposing for this role. Ridley's role in Smash? To fight ofcourse! So he would be easily downsized so he could do so with the rest of the Nintendo all-stars.

'He would look awkward.'
Ridley is large and lanky, yes. But, that is just how Ridley is. It's part of his character. He could still be made to fight in the world of Smash quite easily. Donkey Kong has a huge head and long, large arms, but small legs in comparison. Kirby and Jigglypuff have tiny, stubby arms and huge feet tacked on their round bodies. Yet, all of these examples have proven Smash-worthy, have they not? He may look a little different from your average human-shaped fighter, but give him a chance. ;)

'His design would be too hard to implement.'
Long head with huge powerful jaws. Great, mighty wings. Long, claw-tipped arms. Long, flexible pointed-tip tail. All part of the Ridley design. How could they implement all these great, fighting features you say? In Melee, that might have been very difficult. This is Brawl, however, and the recently confirmed Charizard throws this argument away. Charizard also follows the draconic design, so if they could make him work, then so too could they make Ridley.

'He would be an Assist Trophy.'
Ridley? An Assist Trophy? Let's look into what has been confirmed Assist Trophy material.

Hammer Bro. - A generic enemy of the Mario franchise.
Nintendog - Something to represent a very successful franchise that otherwise, could not have been represented in Smash. (Think of what critics would say about Smash if you were able to kick around a cute little puppy!)
Samurai Goroh - A rival of Captain Falcon. He was one of the first four F-Zero characters. Seems important enough to be playable, doesn't he? Not really... F-Zero hasn't really come along as a franchise as much as Metroid has recently. Main villains, like Black Shadow and Deathborn would be more likely if F-Zero were to get another representative. That is what Ridley is, a main villain.
Dr. Wright - Like the Nintendog, he is here to represent a series that was popular, but otherwise did not have enough going for him to make him playable.
Knuckle Joe - An enemy and helper character of the Kirby series. He's not important to the series, but is highly popular. Kirby is likely to be better represented this time around, with Meta-Knight and King Dedede joing him for Brawl. Knuckle Joe was likely just included as an Assist Trophy for his popularity.
Devil - A character from an old, popular game. He was included for the nostalgic effect, it would seem.
Andross (Old) - a floating head he may be very important and a last boss but in the end all he is is a floating head... nuff said.

Now, Ridley is not a generic enemy like a Hammer Bro or Knuckle Joe. He is an important part of the Metroid series; He gave Samus her motives for becoming who she is, basically. He's a highly important villain in a very popular series in need of representation, unlike Goroh. Unlike the Nintendog and Dr. Wright, he is capable of fighting, and his respective game(s) is not old. The Devil is there to represent an old popular game series, something Metroid is not.

So, from what can be gathered, Ridley is not Assist Trophy material.

'He would be a boss.'
Ofcourse he should be. That is what he always has been. Does this mean he should be unplayable? No way! Bowser and Ganondorf have also been bosses, but they are playable in Melee. (Ridley is often considered the 'Bowser and Ganondorf' for Metroid) The recently confirmed boss, Petey Piranha, is not important to the Mario series. He's popular yes, but not important. Meta-Ridley, the huge cybernetic Dragon of Metroid Prime would make a great boss, in fact. He could stay his huge size. And attack in the same method. Dropping bombs for players to catch and throw back at him. Once grounded, he would use his dash attack to try and knock away players. That is when you dodge, and attack him during Meta-Ridley's lag. If you don't cause enough damage, look out for his plasma beam! It could be quite intense! 'Classic' Ridley however, could also be an earlier 'boss' that you must fight and defeat. He would be like a normal playable character, though. (Although probably made heavier to make him more difficult) Only later will he return as the monstrous Meta-Ridley boss. You may notice 'Boss Fight' in the title of Ridley's theme. This is only the name of the song used in the games, the 'Boss Fight' there to show Ridley's boss status in his games.

'He isn't popular, and non-important to the franchise.'
Nothing is further from the truth! Ridley is shown to have a long history with Samus herself. Him being the one who led the space pirates on the invasion of her home, destroying it, and her parents, in the process. He has always appeared as a boss in most of the Metroid games. (All but two, Metroid II and Metroid Prime: Echoes) He is also very popular. In Sakura's poll, from what he allowed us to see, Ridley was mentioned four times; The same amount as Diddy Kong and Ike, both of which are confirmed playable. These polls were japan-only, a place where Metroid is not very popular, yet Ridley is still very well-known there, and he is wanted.

Are you really stupid or just plain ignorant?

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Am i like the only few people on this board who likes Waluigi, and would not mind him being in brawl.His whips, bombs, egg plant thing and plus all the whacky things he does in other games they easily make moveset, but the mario franchise is getting little crowd. It makes since to have him since there Mario, Wario, and Luigi (shoe in) r in this game y not put Waluigi

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes, you are.

Your logic makes no sense at all. Wario isn't representing the Mario series at all. He's representing the Wario Ware Inc. series in which Waluigi is no where to be found.

He's nothing but a useless filler character. Give the spot to more important characters in other series.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Long head with huge powerful jaws. Great, mighty wings. Long, claw-tipped arms. Long, flexible pointed-tip tail. All part of the Ridley design. How could they implement all these great, fighting features you say? In Melee, that might have been very difficult. This is Brawl, however, and the recently confirmed Charizard throws this argument away. Charizard also follows the draconic design, so if they could make him work, then so too could they make Ridley.
I never considered that. Charizard might be the biggest clue for Ridley's possibility, given his mass and design are arguably more obtrusive and difficult than even Ridley's would be. As I recall Ridley from Melee's intro didn't look too out of place besides his free flying.

Oops this is a Waluigi thread. Hell now that Dedede is confirmed, I wouldn't mind smacking Waluigi around with a mallet. Throw him in I say.

Zallipus

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind Waluigi, myself. I like Waluigi, actually. However, compaired to other characters, I can't see his chances of being playable being too high.

robotwind

Smash Rookie
I see it as a filler character needs a filler moveset since there is a filler stage and item then how about a character with nothing but moves from sport and party games

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Compared to the Mario Series (Not based on Overall) his chances are actually getting higher if you break it down, with Toad and Petey pretty much being Deconfirmed, and if there indeed is 2 - 3 new Mario characters so to say, that could leave Bowser Jr. and 1 or 2 other Mario characters and it wouldn't shock me if the Purple Menace is one of those 1 or 2

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If Wario was in melee then I'd want Waluigi in but I'm going to have to say no for brawl. As musch as I would like to see a Mario bros. VS. Wario bros. match I don't think Waluigi has shown that he's important enough and this is coming from someone who considers Wario as one of his top likeable charareters since he debuted in mario land 2 on the Gameboy. Point is there are other important chararecters I'd rather see that are more interesting and orginal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom