• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
^^^^
Actually, Mario Party 8 was pretty good. I played it at my cousin's house and had a lot of fun.

I disagree, I returned it in an hour of renting it!
...But that still doesn't mean Waluigi should be in.
Ok, Ok, I said I wasn't going to post here again (again) but this is just ignorance at it's best really. You get a newsclipping of cheating allegations if you turn off your game during a match ('cause you're getting whooped for example). This not only forces you to restart the cup from where you left off (or completely, can't remember) but also pokes fun at the fact that you're trying to "cheat".

Plus if anyone's personality stands out, it's Wario's considering even his special move reflects his personality and unless Waluigi is into sadomasochism (...more than likely), then I don't think any of his moves attributes anything to his personality.

@Gindor

a)"Yes, but some of the best mario games ever are the mario party games" if you disregard almost every single canon games, yes. Otherwise, no.

b)They're all set in the same universe, containing the Mushroom Kingdom. Hence all the main single player games are canon. The party games aren't really set anywhere, and it's just an excuse for Mario and the gang to do some multiplayer <insert sport or party activity here>. Hence the Mario series have story-lined canon games, and party spinoffs.

c)The Koopa Kids got replaced really by Bowser Jr. Doesn't really matter in the end because the actual main additions to the Marioverse such as Toadsworth and Bowser Jr. and the already main characters such as Mario, Peach and Bowser are all still alive and kicking in the canon games.

Edit: Oh yeah I wanted to talk about the developing in Smash Bros. argument as well. You see it turns out that it is true that a character can develop in Smash Bros. and yes it's true that some characters like Captain Falcon who previously had no fighting moves and the bare bones of a personality were able to develop from Smash Bros., if only a little bit. However while this remains true, the spots for Brawl should go to deserving, significant and popular characters within series that aren't necessarily already vastly overpopulated (or only room for 1 or 2 more representatives). In this case, Waluigi falls flat on his face at every hurdle. There is no good reason why they should spend the time and resources to develop Waluigi when the exact same time, resources and indeed the character slot could go to a under represented franchise's main character or a popular retro character. Character development in Brawl is quite frankly a rediculous argument to use for the inclusion of a character because every toothless joe in videogaming history could be developed upon and have a moveset created for them in Brawl. It's not an argument supporting a character's inclusion so please stop repeating it.
Many good points, but smash being the place to develope wasn't my point first!:chuckle:

wtf?

WTF!?

WTF!!

Gtfo!!

Seriously as Vali said if you disregard every single other canon Mario game! The only ones that stand out are Mario Kart which is a series in itself and not just another party game!

Plus Waluigi's personality is just a rip off of Wario's.

Plus HOW THE @%#$ is smash bros the place to develop? The place to develop is in main canon storyline games.
Is the golf series another series?

You all seem to be ignoring the fact that all three of the mario based people and even mario were cheaply made. The only reason mario wasn't ripped was because there was no one to rip at the time, but he aws still made in a cheap manor!

"Smash is the place to develope."
Rofl. That was a hater's point! *dies laughing*

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh yeah Mario, Luigi, and Wario where "cheaply made". The fact of the matter is that Mario, Luigi, and Wario all have their own games and personalities.

Waluigi is very cheaply made... I mean what kind of name is "Waluigi" it's a lot less creative then "Wario". XD Plus regardless of whether Waluigi ever develops to be anything special or not, he hasn't right now. Therefore he doesn't belong in Brawl. Plain and simple.

Gindor

Smash Ace
If he is deconfirmed, I will hope for him to have some games of his own before smash 4 gen, and then support him again when gen 4 comes.

I know that but I will blindly go foreward and support him while he still has a chance. I will not budge from this spot and will support him no matter what, but what has been said except for all of the lines like "I know 100% that he won't be in", is true. Most of you put up very good (and slightly annoying since I lost) arguements and probably will conineu.

Waluigi for brawl!

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
My opinion.

My answer is no, sorry but thats just what i think weather you like it or not. See First their was Mario and he was cool than Luigi and it was still sweet than Dr. Mario i was like hmm ok.. lol now wario hes just gay... whats he gonna do fart on me? and now Waluigi? Jesus Christ guys their is to many Mario Versions Here.. some might say that Mario and Luigis dont look alike right? So than were did the way they look ideas, and way of talking come from? N what about the way they fight in smash bros melee. Just exaclty the same execpt for something but dr.mario and Mario are the same execpt for he looks differnt and he can throw pills...

Wrath`

Smash Master
My answer is no, sorry but thats just what i think weather you like it or not. See First their was Mario and he was cool than Luigi and it was still sweet than Dr. Mario i was like hmm ok.. lol now wario hes just gay... whats he gonna do fart on me? and now Waluigi? Jesus Christ guys their is to many Mario Versions Here.. some might say that Mario and Luigis dont look alike right? So than were did the way they look ideas, and way of talking come from? N what about the way they fight in smash bros melee. Just exaclty the same execpt for something but dr.mario and Mario are the same execpt for he looks differnt and he can throw pills...
ha whats a n00b going to do fart on me?

i wish i could argu with ya grindor, but i am not the best debater around here. go waluigi

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
now wario hes just gay... whats he gonna do fart on me?
Yes, as a matter of fact.

Your post in general is really incoherent. I try not to be too much of a grammar Nazi, but honestly, punctuation is your friend. Well, actually, it's clealy not, but you should become friends with it.

Still, Waluigi FTL.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This is so sad...this is so sad...

I really can't believe you Waluigi supporters have sunk this low. How can you live with yourselves when you bag on classic characters, nay gaming icons...just to make yourself feel better about supporting Waluigi??

This is just pitiful.

Gindor

Smash Ace
We aren't bagging on them, just stating the facts.
EDIT-we do admit that some (if not most) of what you say are true facts.
You people speak as if waluigi won't develope at all (however slow the developing is)

What is pitiful is empty hate because you can't open your views wider.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is just a filler character in party games with no backround or games of his own.
I hope to god he is not in brawl.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
This is so sad...this is so sad...

I really can't believe you Waluigi supporters have sunk this low. How can you live with yourselves when you bag on classic characters, nay gaming icons...just to make yourself feel better about supporting Waluigi??

This is just pitiful.
Quite True. Waluigi hasn't gained his WarioWare sparkle yet., sohe is not compatible for SSBB. I feel he will feature possibly a clone of Warioware for the Wii. If he does so, he could gain the fame giving him a right to be there.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
He's been around for 7 years! Why must we continue to go in circles?? If Nintendo wanted to develop him, they would do more with him than make him the arch villain of a dance game. Fact is, they don't care.

Yoshi (and there are many other examples) within 7 years of appearing in his first game (which, again, was still a platformer) starred in three of his own platformers and a few puzzle games and then eventually in Smash64. And until Nintendo gives us ANY hint that they are going to take any different approach regarding Waluigi, we shouldn't assume otherwise.

In any case, he has no business being compared to characters like Mario, Luigi, and Wario. Characters that are more comparable to him (and these are still more interesting than he) are 9-volt, Dribble, Spitz, and Orbulon.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
He's been around for 7 years! Why must we continue to go in circles?? If Nintendo wanted to develop him, they would do more with him than make him the arch villain of a dance game. Fact is, they don't care.
Yoshi (and there are many other examples) within 7 years of appearing in his first game (which, again, was still a platformer) starred in three of his own platformers and a few puzzle games and then eventually in Smash64. And until Nintendo gives us ANY hint that they are going to take any different approach regarding Waluigi, we shouldn't assume otherwise.
Waluigi has no storyline. It is vital for characters to have storylines, otherwise there's nothing to say on the trophy. If he possibly gets on SSBB, his storyline should be revealed in the unique 1 player modes in SSBB.

In any case, he has no business being compared to characters like Mario, Luigi, and Wario. Characters that are more comparable to him (and these are still more interesting than he) are 9-volt, Dribble, Spitz, and Orbulon.
Yoshi has no business being compared to Waluigi. He has an actual Storyline behind him, the adopter of Baby Mario

Gindor

Smash Ace
Waluigi has no storyline. It is vital for characters to have storylines, otherwise there's nothing to say on the trophy. If he possibly gets on SSBB, his storyline should be revealed in the unique 1 player modes in SSBB.

Yoshi has no business being compared to Waluigi. He has an actual Storyline behind him, the adopter of Baby Mario
100% agreement

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why should Sakurai have to create a storyline for an obviously pointless character?

I'm in 100% agreement with The Grim Lizard here, although I can't say they won't ever try to develop him, it looks like it's not going to happen at this rate.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Why should Sakurai have to create a storyline for an obviously pointless character?

I'm in 100% agreement with The Grim Lizard here, although I can't say they won't ever try to develop him, it looks like it's not going to happen at this rate.
Well What'shisname made the exact thing for Wario, I have suspicion that Waluigi follows that path on the Wii.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wario's first game: The main villain of Super Mario Land 2.

Waluigi's first, um...game: Mario Tennis as Wario's ill-conceived doubles partner.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well What'shisname made the exact thing for Wario, I have suspicion that Waluigi follows that path on the Wii.
Um... what? Who and what?

Are you talking about Sakurai? Sakurai may have created a moveset for Wario, but that doesn't mean Wario didn't have his own developed character and story, etc.

As has been said so many times in this topic, Waluigi is a pointless party character. Or as I say it: "Insignificant".

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Wario's first game: The main villain of Super Mario Land 2.

Waluigi's first, um...game: Mario Tennis as Wario's ill-conceived doubles partner.
Ahh, you see, I think that a sequel to luigi's mansion includes Waluigi. Pretty much the flipflop of Wario. If Mario's brother is Luigi, how is it not possible to believe Wario and Waluigi aren't? It's just a Bizarro thing. Waluigi should have some kind of background rather than being a filler chracter for large Minigame-esque games.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ahh, you see, I think that a sequel to luigi's mansion includes Waluigi. Pretty much the flipflop of Wario. If Mario's brother is Luigi, how is it not possible to believe Wario and Waluigi aren't? It's just a Bizarro thing. Waluigi should have some kind of background rather than being a filler chracter for large Minigame-esque games.
Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I need to know Gindor. It's been a while since I first started reading your posts in this thread but I'm still unsure... what is your position on Waluigi? Are you for or against him being in Brawl? You confuse the fudge out of me. lolz.
He's for Waluigi being in Brawl.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Waluigi's story and developement havn't occured just yet, but they will come, like said many times before, maybe in brawl. You see him as a pointless character, but maybe sakurai/ect. havn't shown it yet.
there isn't solid proof of this, but I ask you to show me solid proof of him never developing!

@andrew14j-sakurai did confirm story and developement in the subspace emmissiary (or what ever it's called). So everyone will have development and story and since waluigi hasn't had any luck yet, maybe brawl will be his shiming game after these seven years.

EDIT-Dumb, but exsistant. he has a chance and potential in my eyes. Plus, I protect the weak and undefended.

Waluigi for brawl.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
@andrew14j-sakurai did confirm story and developement in the subspace emmissiary (or what ever it's called). So everyone will have development and story and since waluigi hasn't had any luck yet, maybe brawl will be his shiming game after these seven years.
No, just no. Waluigi doesn't belong. Nintendo doesn't care about Waluigi. Sakurai doesn't care about Waluigi. He would be stupid and boring. Sakurai wouldn't waste his time coming up with a moveset, let alone fulfill a storyline for him. Waluigi is lame, and he will forever be the red-haired stepson of Nintendo...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Of course there will be development in this game, but it will be from relation to past games.

Waluigi only has party games.

Meh, I'm not worried about him being in anyways.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Of course there will be development in this game, but it will be from relation to past games.

Waluigi only has party games.

Meh, I'm not worried about him being in anyways.
Exactly. He was just a filler character so that Nintendo could show Mario and Luigi as the Bizarro of Wario and Waluigi.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
To be fair, the Koopa Kids were in Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Should Waluigi be in? I don't see why not. He may just be a 'filler' character, but what about Luigi? Luigi is only in games because Nintendo wanted Mario to have a brother. Look at Luigi now. He's way more popular than before. As much as I dislike Waluigi, I suppose he'd be a good addition. Raging Bob-Ombs for Final Smash, anyone?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Should Waluigi be in? I don't see why not. He may just be a 'filler' character, but what about Luigi? Luigi is only in games because Nintendo wanted Mario to have a brother. Look at Luigi now. He's way more popular than before. As much as I dislike Waluigi, I suppose he'd be a good addition. Raging Bob-Ombs for Final Smash, anyone?
Again, enough with the comparison of classic characters and Waluigi. It fails!

And also, as I've said a hundred times, Waluigi isn't developed at this point. So he doesn't deserve a spot over other developed characters.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
To be fair, the Koopa Kids were in Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga.
The Who?

@ the Luigi being a filler. He's the first Wario, in other words he created an immensely fun game that has sold many games, Luigi's Mansion. He's been in The GBA and DS thing with some bean things or whatever. He was an aenjoyable character and as always given me an upbeat feeling.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Indeed he was, I was only saying he was a filler in the beginning, but then Nintendo actually developed him into who he is now.
Luigi gave the storyline a twist, and if we never had Luigi to this day, we'd probably not have Wario, Waluigi, or even Nintendo.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Indeed he was, I was only saying he was a filler in the beginning, but then Nintendo actually developed him into who he is now.
Finally someone who isn't arogant enough to say "luig is hella far better than waluigi".

Do any of you actually know what is in store for waluigi in the future as a 100% fact? Only sakurai and other nintendo workers know that! And I doubt any of you fit those criteria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom