• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
if wario does, then he should too.
Wario has his own symbol because he's actually been in games...>_>

EDIT-people probably hate waluigi because they haven't seen him do much, maybe smash bros will be what shows his potential.
Exactly, that's why he shouldn't be in. Smash is not the place for people to "show their potential"; it is for characters who have already established themselves (i.e., not solely in party/sports games). There seriously is no reason for him to be in. I don't understand why people keep bringing it up. Give one good reason why he should other than "Wario is in"...I've yet to see it.

Yes luigi developed and became revered, but he started out as a pallet swap of mario in a low graphics game that practically only had gameplay and barely any storyline. He was only made to allow almost competitive multiplayer and be a sidekick.

Waluigi doesn't have anything going for him, yet!

Are you saying waluigi won't ever develope, nintendo isn't that stupid. If you hate his look and think it's ********, so what! Waluigi will estabolish himself thoughout nintendos games.
Smash is the the place to develop your character. Luigi may have started out as a "palette swap" but he was at least in a platformer or some sort of regular game other than party games. How can you even compare Waluigi to Luigi anyway? Luigi outclasses him in every way, not to mention that he's been around far longer.

This is the sad state that Waluigi supporters (the few that there are) are in: They can't think of any good reasons for him to be in; so as a result, they attempt to compare him to gaming icons who have not only been around longer, but they are far more interesting, and they outclass him in every way. It's just sad, really.

you know, whoever gets in, there is always gonna be people who say "why did he get in over *insert character name here** you just can't help that people are gonna say that, hell people would probably say "why did Ridley get in and Pichu isn't coming back"
Translation: "If we're going to have a worthless character in the game that nobody wants...it may as well be Waluigi!"

They may as well try to get ones that are interesting and have potential and...etc. etc. and not the most generic nonunique clone of a clone character that most people hate...

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
you know, whoever gets in, there is always gonna be people who say "why did he get in over *insert character name here** you just can't help that people are gonna say that, hell people would probably say "why did Ridley get in and Pichu isn't coming back"
100% agreement

Wario has his own symbol because he's actually been in games...>_>

Good point, does that mean there will be more from wario's universe too? Maybe waluigi being his brother counts in that world, but now I'm afraid of warioware characters getting that are even worse to play as, and they are 2D persona wise, so don't try to argue that they are deeper than waluigi unless you have a RRALLY good point!

Exactly, that's why he shouldn't be in. Smash is not the place for people to "show their potential"; it is for characters who have already established themselves (i.e., not solely in party/sports games). There seriously is no reason for him to be in. I don't understand why people keep bringing it up. Give one good reason why he should other than "Wario is in"...I've yet to see it.

indeed, indeed...

Smash is the the place to develop your character. Luigi may have started out as a "palette swap" but he was at least in a platformer or some sort of regular game other than party games. How can you even compare Waluigi to Luigi anyway? Luigi outclasses him in every way, not to mention that he's been around far longer.

...WAIT! If it is the place for characters to develope, then it would be perfect for waluigi!

This is the sad state that Waluigi supporters (the few that there are) are in: They can't think of any good reasons for him to be in; so as a result, they attempt to compare him to gaming icons who have not only been around longer, but they are far more interesting, and they outclass him in every way. It's just sad, really.

They outclass him because he hassn't developed yet, greatness takes time.

Translation: "If we're going to have a worthless character in the game that nobody wants...it may as well be Waluigi!"

*BEEP that is the wrong answer* he was stating a fact about people and how opinions change and don't change, not anything specifically about waluigi.

They may as well try to get ones that are interesting and have potential and...etc. etc. and not the most generic nonunique clone of a clone character that most people hate...
my lines are in italic ^^^

Wouldn't waluigi also fit as the WTF character if he made it in?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
my lines are in italic ^^^

Wouldn't waluigi also fit as the WTF character if he made it in?
They're all in italic >_>

And no he wouldn't. We've never actually had a character like that anyway. Sure, we've had characters that surprised people, but not completely worthless characters just for the sake of doing so. Ness was certainly a surprise, but he had his own game. G&W was, too, but he's retro and the first Nintendo "character." I guess the only other one would possibly be Roy, but this was due to time, and why him? To promote his upcoming game.

As I already said way way long ago, I could only see him in if he was going to have his own game soon, which...he is not.

Gindor said:
They outclass him because he hassn't developed yet, greatness takes time.
Are you serious? Waluigi has been around for almost 7 years! How long does it take to develop?? Other characters have done 10x more development in half the time. Don't give me that. Nintendo hasn't developed him because they don't care about him. He's not interesting. And until he shows up in a game that's not Mario Party _ or Mario Tennis/Golf/Soccer/Baseball/Basketball/etc., I won't be convinced otherwise.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
hell people would probably say "why did Ridley get in and Pichu isn't coming back"
People would ask why A clone, one specifically made to be the "challenge character" would be taken out to bring in Ridley, a well known boss from 5 games? I don't think so.

chansen

Smash Lord
People would ask why A clone, one specifically made to be the "challenge character" would be taken out to bring in Ridley, a well known boss from 5 games? I don't think so.
so simple yet so sweet, thanks mic128 *props*

no matter how much we want him there are way better choices and way more obvious choices, like anybody else.

But i still wish he'd be in the game.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
I am 100% opposed to this and I feel that putting Waluigi in SSB:B cheapens the game and makes it seem more like some dumb Mario sports game than an actual fighting game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
QFT.

Seriously, that is an invalid comparison.

The truth is many people were probably mad that Pichu took up a spot. Although I wouldn't say Waluigi would be a clone, he definitely doesn't deserve a spot. Only a few select people will be mad that Pichu's gone, (you can laugh at me if for some reason he makes it back.), but they'll have to get over it and use Pikachu or something.

chansen

Smash Lord
I am 100% opposed to this and I feel that putting Waluigi in SSB:B cheapens the game and makes it seem more like some dumb Mario sports game than an actual fighting game.
omg, check out his sig! here's how it sould sound:

I am 100% opposed to this and I feel that putting Mudkip in SSBB cheapens the game and makes it seem more like some lame Pokemon battle game than an actual fighting game. I am a hypocrit.

Gindor

Smash Ace
They're all in italic >_>

And no he wouldn't. We've never actually had a character like that anyway. Sure, we've had characters that surprised people, but not completely worthless characters just for the sake of doing so. Ness was certainly a surprise, but he had his own game. G&W was, too, but he's retro and the first Nintendo "character." I guess the only other one would possibly be Roy, but this was due to time, and why him? To promote his upcoming game.

As I already said way way long ago, I could only see him in if he was going to have his own game soon, which...he is not.

Are you serious? Waluigi has been around for almost 7 years! How long does it take to develop?? Other characters have done 10x more development in half the time. Don't give me that. Nintendo hasn't developed him because they don't care about him. He's not interesting. And until he shows up in a game that's not Mario Party _ or Mario Tennis/Golf/Soccer/Baseball/Basketball/etc., I won't be convinced otherwise.
sorry about the italics, I also was trying to fix it by coloring mine, but my internet was down.

He was saying about a state of change and opinion, not any specific characters.

Shuma

Smash Hero
When Waluigi appears in a new game, then i will say he has a big chance of being in Smash, but since he doesn't appear with wario in the Wario games... then i think Nintendo and Wario don't like him... actually don't like "it".

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes but there are also people who like to dance around fires naked while chanting something about Satan...

O yhea and your basically comparing Waluigi to Pichu.... which is a good comparison!

nintendoxxx1

Smash Rookie
I also like Waluigi, but I think he needs to get some personality. Right now he is just Wario infamous sidekick.
Defenitley, Waluigi is a cool character, but if Nintendo just gave him a role in a game and just add a little spice.

But Waluigi should still be put in Brawl, I think.

-ninnie x

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
But from all he's been through, he hasn't been given nearly any respect. I believe he's only made a secret cameo in Paper Mario 2 as an alternate costume by combining the Wario badge and the Luigi badge. They didn't even give him his own badge or mention his name.

Once Waluigi becomes an ALL-STAR he can join the ultimate ALL-STAR game. But until then, he's still filler.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Yes but there are also people who like to dance around fires naked while chanting something about Satan...

O yhea and your basically comparing Waluigi to Pichu.... which is a good comparison!
Aghh....He wasn't comparing anybody, just saying how people will always be saying that they should have put in someone else.

He could use his whip from his megastrike in Mario strikers charged.
How, expatiate, I don't know how it worked.

Defenitley, Waluigi is a cool character, but if Nintendo just gave him a role in a game and just add a little spice.

But Waluigi should still be put in Brawl, I think.

-ninnie x
Yay, waluigi supporters!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The thing that person said (That i quoted but CBA to anymore in my previous post) is pointless because all your saying is that not everyone will be happy with what characters are chosen... and!? its about making the least (Within reason of course) people un happy while at the same time representing that franchise.

But seriously what has Waluigi accomplished next to any other Mario character!? NOTHING Daisy has accomplished more than him!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Daisy same as Waluigi... except for one thing she has actually been in a proper Mario games... it isn't that much but it still puts herself above Waluigi.

Id rather none of them get in... and can everyone shut up about clones and move sets it is really easy to make a move set and he will only make anyone a clone if he feels like it not because he has to.

Gindor

Smash Ace
I wasn't saying anything about daisy's probable cloning of peach is she gets in, just about all of her moves in the games she was in (that I know of), that also had peach. Example-peach's special pitch/swing in the mario baseball game was a ***** creating a cloud of hearts, and then turning into the ball she just threw/hit. While daisy's just swapped the hearts for flowers.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I was just talking about how people say so and so are going to be a clone... its stupid... and you could say "Mario was the same as peach except with fire instead of hearts).

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Petey Piranha
Super Mario Sunshine(boss), Super Princess Peach(boss), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time(boss), New Super Mario Bros.(boss), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour(filler), Mario Kart: Double Dash!!(filler), Mario Power Tennis(filler), Mario Superstar Baseball(filler), Mario Basketball (cameo), Mario Strikers Charged(filler), Mario Pinball Land(boss), and Super Mario Galaxy(boss)
Boss 6, 5 Filler

Waluigi
Mario Tennis(filler), Mario Tennis: Power Tour(filler), Mario Party 3-up(filler), Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix(boss), Mario Striker's Charged(filler), Mario Kart (filler)
1 Boss, 5 Filler

My point? Waluigi is less important than a diaper-wearing piranha that’s main attraction is vomiting. Waluigi has only been a boss in a dance game.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Waluigi actually has a personality, unlike that vomiting plant, which can only attack blindly. In fact it sounds a lot like he's a filler boss....I wonder why.
Being a boss repeatedly doesn't make someone important, only if they have storyline around why they are a repeated boss, such as bowser. Petey seems to be called up only for brute force etc, or the maybe that nintendo couldn't think of a boss for most of those times.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He doesn't sound like a filler boss at all he is very fun to face and he is very unique plus what does personality have to do with Brawl?

Heck i like Petey more than Waluigi!

Gindor

Smash Ace
He doesn't sound like a filler boss at all he is very fun to face and he is very unique plus what does personality have to do with Brawl?

Heck i like Petey more than Waluigi!
If it is fun to beat waluigi, and he is unique, he is as thin as a stick, has long limbs, can swim though the air, etc.
Personality and history is what makes a moveset and a style for a fighter for ssb. Waluigi has at least a decent amount of both.

Blegh, I disagre, petey is a vomiting, diaper wearing, off balance plant that got too much fertalizer.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Waluigi actually has a personality, unlike that vomiting plant, which can only attack blindly. In fact it sounds a lot like he's a filler boss....I wonder why.
Being a boss repeatedly doesn't make someone important, only if they have storyline around why they are a repeated boss, such as bowser. Petey seems to be called up only for brute force etc, or the maybe that nintendo couldn't think of a boss for most of those times.
Personality means nothing when you're a filler. I may not like Petey Piranha but he's appeared in more real Mario games than Waluigi (who has appeared in none).

Sure, he's not a big important character (which is why he will mostly end up as an AT) but he's a recurring boss in this generation of Mario games. Waluigi is pretty much non-existant.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
You've missed my point. Waluigi has very little history. He has less history than Petey Piranha. And hardly anyone at all likes petey, why would we want someone with less history? Oh and as far as personality goes, why the heck would you think Petey has less personality than Waluigi? Play Mario Strikers Charges. Waluigi goes, "WAAAAA" He's just a skinny-high-pitched Wario wannabe, Petey does the freaking limbo!

If it is fun to beat waluigi,
It can't be fun to beat Waluigi if he isn't in any games. Petey, on the other hand is awesome to beat in NSMB, Sunshine, SuperPrincess Peach, M&L PartnersIT, and will be fun to beat in the huge dinosaur mode as he appears in Galaxy.

Gindor

Smash Ace
You've missed my point. Waluigi has very little history. He has less history than Petey Piranha. And hardly anyone at all likes petey, why would we want someone with less history? Oh and as far as personality goes, why the heck would you think Petey has less personality than Waluigi? Play Mario Strikers Charges. Waluigi goes, "WAAAAA" He's just a skinny-high-pitched Wario wannabe, Petey does the freaking limbo!

It can't be fun to beat Waluigi if he isn't in any games. Petey, on the other hand is awesome to beat in NSMB, Sunshine, SuperPrincess Peach, M&L PartnersIT, and will be fun to beat in the huge dinosaur mode as he appears in Galaxy.
Well you yourself listed mare than mario strikers, he had personality in those games too.
How does limbo = personality? If that is the case, Waluigi has a lot of personality, especially the crude crotch chop.

Like people ignored before, the grim lizard said that smash is the place to develope, so why can't he develope for us supporters, while you beat him up in brawl.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
How on earth could anyone use Mario Strikers Charged as an argument AGAINST Waluigi? From all the newsclippings of everyone wondering if he's cheating to his Crotch chop to "Want the ball? HERE!", Strikers is where Waluigi's personality stands out the most!

Gindor

Smash Ace
Yes, but some of the best mario games ever are the mario party games,
and anyways the canon games are barely canon. You never hear about bean world ever again.
The most canon the games can be are major character changes and character additions, and those are even forgoten and not really canon in the end. Wheres Bowser's nephews (or whatever they are)?

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna assume youve never played Mario party. That game is awful and cheap. At any rate, Waluigi didn't even deserve a slot in Mario Party 8 so he shouldn't be in Brawl either if he isnt good enough for the crappy party game

Vali

Smash Ace
How on earth could anyone use Mario Strikers Charged as an argument AGAINST Waluigi? From all the newsclippings of everyone wondering if he's cheating to his Crotch chop to "Want the ball? HERE!", Strikers is where Waluigi's personality stands out the most!
Ok, Ok, I said I wasn't going to post here again (again) but this is just ignorance at it's best really. You get a newsclipping of cheating allegations if you turn off your game during a match ('cause you're getting whooped for example). This not only forces you to restart the cup from where you left off (or completely, can't remember) but also pokes fun at the fact that you're trying to "cheat".

Plus if anyone's personality stands out, it's Wario's considering even his special move reflects his personality and unless Waluigi is into sadomasochism (...more than likely), then I don't think any of his moves attributes anything to his personality.

@Gindor

a)"Yes, but some of the best mario games ever are the mario party games" if you disregard almost every single canon games, yes. Otherwise, no.

b)They're all set in the same universe, containing the Mushroom Kingdom. Hence all the main single player games are canon. The party games aren't really set anywhere, and it's just an excuse for Mario and the gang to do some multiplayer <insert sport or party activity here>. Hence the Mario series have story-lined canon games, and party spinoffs.

c)The Koopa Kids got replaced really by Bowser Jr. Doesn't really matter in the end because the actual main additions to the Marioverse such as Toadsworth and Bowser Jr. and the already main characters such as Mario, Peach and Bowser are all still alive and kicking in the canon games.

Edit: Oh yeah I wanted to talk about the developing in Smash Bros. argument as well. You see it turns out that it is true that a character can develop in Smash Bros. and yes it's true that some characters like Captain Falcon who previously had no fighting moves and the bare bones of a personality were able to develop from Smash Bros., if only a little bit. However while this remains true, the spots for Brawl should go to deserving, significant and popular characters within series that aren't necessarily already vastly overpopulated (or only room for 1 or 2 more representatives). In this case, Waluigi falls flat on his face at every hurdle. There is no good reason why they should spend the time and resources to develop Waluigi when the exact same time, resources and indeed the character slot could go to a under represented franchise's main character or a popular retro character. Character development in Brawl is quite frankly a rediculous argument to use for the inclusion of a character because every toothless joe in videogaming history could be developed upon and have a moveset created for them in Brawl. It's not an argument supporting a character's inclusion so please stop repeating it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes, but some of the best mario games ever are the mario party games
wtf?

WTF!?

WTF!!

Gtfo!!

Seriously as Vali said if you disregard every single other canon Mario game! The only ones that stand out are Mario Kart which is a series in itself and not just another party game!

Plus Waluigi's personality is just a rip off of Wario's.

Plus HOW THE @%#$ is smash bros the place to develop? The place to develop is in main canon storyline games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom