• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I don't see him as anything great in the future but the fact is that Brawl is now... so the future does not matter.

Qyzex

Smash Cadet
Ok, I'll agree and say he'd be interesting in Brawl.... just... just as long as he's as awesome as he is in Mario Strikers.... and does the suck it taunt

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He's not going to be a PC, not very many people like him. He's got minimal fnabase, and even as a clone he wouldn't be too great. There I said it, a guy who came on here and wanted him for Brawl is now totally against him, as a original, clone, luigified clone, etc. IMO he should be a AT, and once he's a more developed character by the time of SSB4's creation, he'll be a PC for SURE! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He could throw bombs... or something...
He'd be a unoriginal and uninspired character. Peach took the Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, etc. moves. Peach took Toad. Link, Samus, and YLink took the bombs. Wats left for Waluigi, the Piranha Plant=??? ]I'm not aiming this at you Legolastom btw ;)] In other words, he wouldn't have any moveset based on who he is, therefore his moveset is completely unispired, and would probably not work out [TOO WELL]. :p

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
um, what about Piranha plants, eggplants, vine whip, he doesn't only use Bombs and Sports Equipment -.-, also, why wouldn't the party series be repped, have you seen the sales for 8, they're huge, and 8 was most likely the worst party series game, if the game continues to sell well, why wouldn't they have someone rep them, just because WE don't like them (a community of like 1,000 people? compared to a world of almost millions who own a wii) doesn't mean many others do like them, so they could easily put someone to rep them.

Stryks

Smash Hero
8 sold more for its games using the wiimote, even I wanna buy it for the mini-games using the remote, which would be awesome, but i rather have prime...

and what moves can he possibly get from the party games?? and its dum to say they should add waluigi to rep the party series, that like saying: OMG MARIOS IN N HSE REPING MAROI KRT!!1!one

I doubt he'll use the vine whip since the game came out a few months ago in europe, and the game has what 2 years in development, im sure a few months if not weeks after the poll was closed he choosed what characters to used...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
um, what about Piranha plants, eggplants, vine whip,
Yea sure, he could use other generic Mario series items. Piranha plants because he controls them and uses them all the time (not) and eggplants because he's tied into Wrecking Crew (not). Maybe the vine whip could work, but really, what an unoriginal move on Nintendo's part.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
yah after goroh got AT'd waluigi has no chance
No it doesn't, maybe a little but not really, think about it, a lot more people know the Mario Series more then the F-Zero series, I would bet if you went to the casual gamers, a lot more would know who Waluigi is then Goroh

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
8 sold more for its games using the wiimote, even I wanna buy it for the mini-games using the remote, which would be awesome, but i rather have prime...
don't buy it if you liked the previous good ones (3/4/5), they took out an essencial part of it, actually playing as the character, not specifically colored cups.
Wii games to get-RE4-I still need to buy it after I rented it
nights
soul calibur legends-or whatever it's called
MP3-though the others are a tad higher on my list
wario ware smooth moves

Stryks

Smash Hero
No it doesn't, maybe a little but not really, think about it, a lot more people know the Mario Series more then the F-Zero series, I would bet if you went to the casual gamers, a lot more would know who Waluigi is then Goroh
Popularity aint as important as the role of the characters:
Goroh is like the 2nd most important to the series of Fzero
while waluigi isnt even in the top 5 of the mario series...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I can't believe this thread is still alive, guys...I thought we killed everyone who supported Waluigi already...

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
If waluigi is in brawl i will kill myself. He is the worst charecter ever trying to rip of luigi and wario simultaniously he endes up with a upsidedown L which is not even a letter (unlike warios W) puting his in brawl is as stupid as adding daisy.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Goroh's fanbase makes Waluigi's look microscopic, and he's dec-confirmed. He was the ONLY F-Zero character to appear in all the games. Not even Capt. Falcon did that [he wasn't in one of the GBA games]. He's a lot more reconizable amongst smashers, not just for him being a trohy, in the Melee opening, etc., but because he's Falcon's rival, a original character [design], and he's got his own wacky, cool, and awsome personality. A character isn't going to make it in Brawl with the absense of pro-in Brawl fanbase. ;)

BTW, Walugi's gonna be a AT, end of discussion. ;)

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
not nessesarily.... roy's game was not even released here US or in JP when melee came out... (never came out in the US)....he was purley there to promote an upcoming game. but waluigi will hopefully be an assist trophy.

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
OK this is getting really out of hand.. i Mean comon! First they had Mario with the same attacks as Luigi. Than Link then they got creative and made "Young Link" (Same attacks) Than Samus and now Zero Suit Samus. Than to top everything off Dr. Mario and Than WARIO. N now you guys was Waluigi? Playing one character is going to be like playing all the others there going to have just the same attcks..

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
OK this is getting really out of hand.. i Mean comon! First they had Mario with the same attacks as Luigi. Than Link then they got creative and made "Young Link" (Same attacks) Than Samus and now Zero Suit Samus. Than to top everything off Dr. Mario and Than WARIO. N now you guys was Waluigi? Playing one character is going to be like playing all the others there going to have just the same attcks..
I'm sorry but this really doesn't make any sense.

Mario and Luigi were similar in the first game, but they changed Luigi a little. (I'm hoping for an even bigger change in Brawl.) so they are no longer that similar. Yes, Link and Young Link are way too similar, however Wario? Wario doesn't look like he'll play anything like Mario. And Samus and Zero Suit Samus? It doesn't look like they'll play anything alike either.

Also, even though I'm against Waluigi, if he made it in I doubt he'd be a clone of Mario, Luigi, or Wario. He's just not.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok ill stop you right there:

Doc and Ylink were added as fillers since there wasnt enough time to make original character due to the deadline...

Zamus doesnt play anything like samus, unless zamus can morphball, fire missiles from her mouth and scream:"IMMA CHARGIN MA LAZER" while charging the charge beam from her hand...

Mario and luigi have always fighted similair, but luigi is unique enough, that why the term luigify came from...

wario wont play like any other, since his moveset is mostly comical...

waluigi aint important to the series thats why he wont be added...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
If waluigi is in brawl i will kill myself. He is the worst charecter ever trying to rip of luigi and wario simultaniously he endes up with a upsidedown L which is not even a letter (unlike warios W) puting his in brawl is as stupid as adding daisy.
Actually, technically it is a Greek letter (Gamma). Wait... do you hate Greek do you hate Greece and the people who live there? SHAME ON YOU!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Angry German kid > Daisy > tramp > Goomba > box > rectum > sidewalk > fart > Waluigi > Bomber man

Thats how important Waluigi is! so why don't we all leave this thread... Actually its fun "talking" to the Pro-Waluigi'ers so lets stay XD

Wrath`

Smash Master
all i have to say is that the longer this thread is active is the more that waluigi is recignized even if it is to degrate him. you waluigi haters are make him more recignizible by hating him. ha

Wrath`

Smash Master
yeah i am saying you caN recegnize him = more chance at brawl ( i am just waiting for you anti waluigi *** holes to respond

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes this thread OBVIOUSLY will give him more chances of being in brawl... *rolls eyes*

(O yhea and you forgot to add an end bracket

(I done that on purpose BTW)

King Of Lusers

Smash Cadet
I think their gonna put him in. If their putting in Luigi Im pretty sure their gonna put in Waluigi. But thats way too many ****ing plumbers.

Bandit Bros.

Smash Rookie
He's a filler character, that's life and job...
'Nuff Said. Besides played Mario Tennis? He was shown as a evil character whowas insane and a pyschotic as well.

Bandit Bros.

Smash Rookie
Beacause that game didn't need fillers like Waluigi, besides that game is to sucessful for a person like Waluigi.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Yes, while all of you guys are laughing at the other pro-Waluigi guys, there hasn't been anyone to respond to my long pro-Waluigi post (which the grim lizard even said was good) OR my response to Stryks' comic.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Meh he even sayd in his Long-O posts that he didn't belive Waluigi would make it as a PC.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Yes, while all of you guys are laughing at the other pro-Waluigi guys, there hasn't been anyone to respond to my long pro-Waluigi post (which the grim lizard even said was good) OR my response to Stryks' comic.
We'll see. There's next to nothing that would make me say Waluigi should be a Brawl PC,prove me wrong.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but Luigi is in so why not Waluigi!?

If you dont think he should be in now you must be very stupid! [/end sarcasm]

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
if he "Complete the circle" so to speak...why didn't they add him in Super Mario 64 DS??
Beacause that game didn't need fillers like Waluigi, besides that game is to sucessful for a person like Waluigi.
the game was successful, but it probably wasn't thought that it would be by the designers. It was basically cloned enough, that it didn't really need any filler.

All the points that seem to support waluigi seem to counter point himself in a different area, or not support him very much at all.
I will continue to support him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom