• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Here............
So far the only GOOD reason (in my opinion) on why Waluigi shouldn't be in Brawl is that there are more deserving characters. Of course there are. He's unoriginal. So? It won't affect his chance of getting in Brawl. He has only appeared in spin-offs. Face it. The Mario spin-offs are an important part of the Mario franchise. I mean, sure, the main titles are much, much, much more important, but most of those spin-offs are fun, and they give us something Mario related for us to play until the real titles like Galaxy come out. (Many people won't agree with me on that.) And with all of his numerous appearences, and the fact that he is becoming well-known, he should at least be an Assist Trophy.

Now, some people say that it's ridiculous to compare Waluigi with Mario and Link. The only reasons they are in Smash games is because they are the main characters of very famous and popular series. Are the actual characters popular or just the games? Now other characters like Waluigi and even Geno (yes, I compared Waluigi and Geno! Bwahaha!) are very different. They don't have their pwn games or series. But people are starting to like Waluigi because of how he acts, the crazy, random and idiotic things he does (WTF was with the Rose taunt in MP8?). Now, I want Geno in Brawl even thought I have no idea who the **** he is, but obviously people really like him. Now, I'm not completely sure about this, but I'm pretty sure that him just starring in Super Mario RPG isn't the reason people want him in. I think people like the actual character. But what do I know, I'm just an idiot who never uses common sense. (HE CULD THR0W BOMS OR SOMETHIN!!!!111oneoneonelol)

But he main problem is that people are not thinking what Waluigi could bring to Brawl. In fact, no one thinks about what almost ANY character could bring to Brawl. When people think of Waluigi, people say "Dood! He sux so badly and he's a copy of a copy of a copy!!!1" but they never think what he could be like in Brawl if he was (hypothetically) in Brawl. What could he bring to Brawl? For starters... LOOK AT HIS FREAKING LIMBS! He can grab and hit people from FIVE BILLION FEET AWAY! His moveset? (Not throwing bombs or something) Well, Sakurai and the developers are very creative, and I'm sure that they could create a moveset just from knowing his personality. Like I said, he is mischivous, crazy, wacky, rude, impatient, random, cocky, overconfident, and easily angered. Hey, what about all of his special moves from the Mario spin-offs? Let's see, we have the Sparky Sticker, Pirhana Plants, he can "distort his body into the shape of his logo, dance wildly, and create a tornado which would spin his opponent every which-way," he can SWIM IN THE AIR (how many people can do that?) He has the Liar Ball from MSB where he throws a baseball and an eggplant (Wrecking Crew reference), his Super Strike, the Drop Kick, Wall-Luigi, where he leaves a trail or thorn bushes and can move twice as fast, the Vacuum Orb, he could use boxing gloves for an attack as a reference to his appearence in Game & Watch Gallery 4 (OMFG! A non Mario spin-off title Waluigi appeared in!), and for his taunt, he could either do that weird rose thing or everyone's favorite Super Mario Strikers taunt... THE CROTCH CHOP.

Now, you should at least consider that it is possible for him to be a PC. ANd to the grim lizard, about your brother liking Waluigi but not think that he should be a PC... that's okay. In fact, I doubt he'll be playable, and he probably won't be, but it is a possibility and something i would like to see.

^ None of that made you think? Well, maybe this will remove at least an ounce of hatred from you guys:

WALUIGI: A HISTORY OF ININSIGNIFIGANCE

The Mario series was definately becoming one of the most popular video game series ever. It all started even before Waluigi existed, with a game called "Wrecking Crew." The antagonist was "Foreman Spike." Many people say that Wario was designed after him, but wait!

He's wearing purple, like Waluigi! He even has his nose! And didn't Waluigi have a kart like that? Coincidence? I think NOT! Anyway, the first Mario Tennis game was released for the Virtual Boy, and because the Virtual Boy failed, no one really cared about it. Why am I talking about this? I have no ****ing idea. But there wouldn't be a Mario tennis game until 2000 for the Nintendo 64. "Who?" said some random guy from Camelot. "Who will be Wario's double partner?" "I know!" someone said. "Let's overuse the formula used to create Wario and create the most original character EVER!" And so, Waluigi was spawned, and a Waluigi fan site had ALREADY been created!

http://waluigi.tripod.com/
Unfortunately, it was never updated ever again, but still... Anyway, Mario Tennis for the N64 and the Game Boy Color came out, and Waluigi already received controversy, along with his brother- partner- whatever and were accused of being Nazis. Those people are currently under medical attention. His second appearence was in May of 2001 in Mario Party 3, where he had his first role as a villain. What would he do? Burn down the rainforest? Cause global warming? Take over the world? No! It was better than that! He stole a stamp! And he took it on his island! (Does Mario, Luigi and Wario have islands? I think NOT!) Then he began appearing in all of these spin-offs, including as a trophy for Melee. Then, he began appearing with Wario as the stars of the "Mario Power Tennis" and "Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour" opening videos, which portrayed him as Wario's idiotic brother/partner/lackey who makes random comments.

Waluigi (at Bowser): He walks funny...
Wario: Oh, shut up!"
Waluigi also appeared in a series of articles in Nintendo of Europe's site called "Wario's Warehouse."

• Wario sends Waluigi on errands to steal new cheats/codes/hints straight from the Nintendo HQ.
• Apparently Wario and Waluigi do hang out with Mario and Luigi - Wario says "Waluigi almost blabbed the whole deal to Mario".
• Apparently puts Waluigi on a rack to make him even taller.
• Wario has had to endure an infestation of hermit crabs, an infestation of sparrows (Who dropped into his tea out of exhaustion), an infestation of foxes (Solved by setting loose a grizzly bear), and an infestation of marmosets (Solved by Waluigi's singing). Waluigi also took something Wario said the wrong way once, and released 7000 hamsters into the Warehouse. Hamsters invaded again when Waluigi wrongly ordered 5 tons of sunflower seeds.
• A storm once swept through his Warehouse right after Waluigi repainted it, causing all files to be scattered around the streets.
• Wario likes to stand still and calmly watch special "Waluigi moments" - moments when Waluigi does extremely stupid things.
• Wario once wanted a week of peace and quiet. Waluigi bought two cheap travel tickets to a "desert island". It actually turned out to be the island in the middle of the boating lake. The "hotel" was a shed, and was overrun with ducks. He ate duck soup every day to get through the week.
• Wario ceaselessly tries to make Waluigi more intelligent and usually fails.
• Wario entered Waluigi in a beauty competition, which turned out to be a dog show.
• Wario has referred to Waluigi as his brother. Nevertheless, he still regularly beats him up for making stupid mistakes.
And then came Super Mario Strikers, where you can punch your favorite Mushroom Kindgom characters and knock them into an electric fence, and of course, look at this all day:
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/7/77/Peach_SoccerOutfit.jpg
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/f/fc/SMSArt.PNG

People used to think that Waluigi was a lifeless... thing, but:
Waluigi showed of his soccer skills in Super Mario Strikers, where he proved to be a very crude opponent. He made a very controversial gesture which is seen as similar to the "crotch chop". While some were a bit startled by Waluigi's behavior, this actually increased his popularity to other players. Waluigi's egotistical attitude was also brought out into the forefront of his character in this game.
That's right! Doing inappropriate things in Rated E games will make you more popular! (Other game developers should do that. >_>)

And a Waluigi-like character appeared in WarioWare: Smooth Moves:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Image:WaluigisAndWarios.jpg

Waluigi continued being the rude and random character he is, and is becoming a popular Mario character. Who knows? Maybe he'll star in a game one day... (Waluigi's Taco Stand)
BUT there are some things I would just have to disagree with in that comic. "Not AT material?" If you are a known Nintendo character and didn't make it into Brawl, you can be an AT. And he can do more than "throw bombs or something." (*sniff* You guys are hurting my feelings...) He has many other special ablities that I am too lazy to post because I already mentioned them all in my long post a few pages back.

Not popular... well, of course he isn't as popular as characters like Geno... but he is starting to become popular. In his own way. Heck, in that "Which of these characters do you want to see in Brawl" poll, he has more votes than Toad, Tetra, Simon Belmont, Shadow, Paper Mario, Mallow, Lucas, Lip, King Boo, and Daisy. (Remember, it's who you WANT in Brawl, not who DESERVES to be in Brawl.)

Also, why wouldn't it make sense to make Waluigi a Mario character? He's part of the Mario series. Hence forth, he should be a Mario character.

And who has a house with all PURPLE walls?

BUT you really did capture the personality of Waluigi. "Let's see how Nintendo would do without one of their main characters!!" LMAO

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
...YOU MISSED THE POINT.

I said it was a possibility, and you should consider that it IS possible for him to be playable.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Here you go. :)
Just for the sake of asking, when was the last time any one has said a reason WHY Waluigi shoud be in brawl? All I keepsseeing is the brutal hatred a few people seem to have for this character, and it's completly taken over the thread. If the same amount of effort was put into making and improving your own character suggestions, there would be a lot more incredible movelists and original designs thought up. Therefore, I will throw my hat into the fire and give a reason why Waluigi shold enter the brawl, though his chances are quite slim.

Every character that enters the smash bros. roster, no matter how small or insignificant, represtents nintendo in some way, shape, or form. From the timeless superstars (Mario, Link, etc.), to the old school (Ice climbers, Dr. Mario), to the new face of an old favorite (Zero Suit Samus, Warioware Wario), to the different eras of certain francises (Pikachu /andPichu , Marth and Roy), even the time when Nintendo made games before the NES (Mr. Game & Watch).

Many characters can be added based on this theory. For example, Harry from Teleroboxer could represent the virtual boy, M0-9 or whatever that HAMMER guy's name is could represent the next generation and the Wii, R.O.B. could represent Nintendo's peripherals as well as the NES, Phoenix Wright could represent the DS, Sami or sturm could represent both the handheld market as well as Advance Wars, and Sonic could represent Sega and the great era of gaming we fondly remember as the 16-bit wars.

So I bet you're asking, "What could a cookie-cutter character like Waluigi POSSIBLY represent that no one else can?" The answer is more obvious then you think. Every year, nintendo makes a few mario titles that we like to call, "Party" Games. Be it sports, Kart racing, or the sub genre's namesake, they keep coming out, and people enjoy them. Waluigi has appeared exclusivly in these games, who else could represent them better? Waluigi's appearences has been limted to these kinds of games, and through them, we have a treasure trove of possible moves and supers. For example:

B = Party Orb - Waluigi throws an orb a short distance. When it lands, it opens up, revealing one of 4 random things:

1. Sparky bomb - the capsule explodes on contact, just like a bob-bomb, it does less damage then a bob-bomb, around 5 to 10% damage.

2. Mini Waluigi - A mini mario painted purple and black marches forward until it falls of a ledge, if it hits a wall, it walks up it. It does minor damage (2-3%) and grabs onto an opponent on contact, both slowing and weighing them down for a few moments, then it disappears.

3. Piranha plant - a potted piranha plant chomps at anyone foolish enough to get close to it (it attacks anything in a bowser's hitbox sized area). each bite does 7% damage, and on very rare occasions (about a 3% chance, like I said, VERY RARE) it will bite down hard on a layer, swing them around, slam them into the floor, and throw them towards the center of the arena (around 30% to 50% damage, depending on how many times they are slamed into the ground) Beware though, as the piranha plant can hurt waluigi as well. The piranha plant is also the rarest of waluigi's random items. It disappears after awhile, like a red shell.

4. Booster Pop! - A soda bottle that, when picked up, does one of the following:
1. Replenish 20% damage
2. Small attack boost
3. Small Defense boost
4. Small Speed boost
5. Poison! Deals 5 -10% damage
Opponents can also pick up the Booster Pop, just like any healing item.

Waluigi can have up to 2 orbs thrown at a time, the player must wait till the object has been used or vanishes before he can throw another one

^B - Bob-Bomb Blast - Waluigi throws a bob-bomb below him, and the blast sends him upwards to recover. The size of the blast is random, but the larger the blast, the higher waluigi will travel. On random occasions, like Luigi's Green Missile, the bomb will blow up prematurely, sending Waluigi a much greater distance, but also slightly damaging him.

vB - Evil Glare - Waluigi's Eyes light up (just like when he made a point in MArio Tennis for the 64). if hit during this time, the opponent's attack does no half damage (rounded up) and freezes for a few seconds (like jigglypuff's sleep or mewtwo's disable)

>B - Wrecking Rocket - Waluigi pulls out a hammer and begins to spin it around, then he lunges foward and flys through the air. This move is similar to Luigi's Green missile, in that it charges and launches the character foward, but it has no chance of exploding.

Brawl - Dice Roll Chance Time- Waluigi hits a dice block and the amount of damage dealt and who it is dealt to is on the die. It ranges from 10% to 100% and can even attack multiple characters, including waluigi. Luck be a lady when you use this attack.

Basically, Waluigi could be a random character, forcing the opponent to always be on their toes. It also uses objects and concepts from the ario party series. I hope this will provide plenty of meat for you waluigi haters out there but more importantly it will help bring some balence to this thread.

edit: I added the wrecking crew based attack and replaced the fury kick.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
i think theres one on page 20...
unless that was it.
and ive been here for a while, and im still gonna say he has a slim chance, and also, you KNOW he will appear in brawl, at least as a cameo or a background (filler) caracter. he will be in it because he is Still important ENOUGH to atleast appear.
like being eaten by a Phira Phira plant(i know i spelled that wrong..)
or, dare i say it,
"throw Bombs or something..."
sorry about that maniac, but i was dyig to say that...

Shuma

Smash Hero
But what if he hypothetically does
If he does, but one of the characters in my sig,(minus D. Samus and king Ganonidas Boss :p) doesn't get in, then i'll be angry.(Wolf was there too...)

If Ridley, Black Knight, Wolf and Ganondorf(of course he is in...) get in, and Waluigi also gets in, then i don't care.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Would you rather they waste time on Waluigi or focus on a better character? because if Waluigi was in... he WOULD be taking someone else's spot... they might even remove jigly so that Waluigi can get in... Now imagine that!

blinkd

Smash Cadet
I don't mind Waluigi, but he will probably be an assist trophey considering he is an unimportant charater

chansen

Smash Lord
I read on another forum that Waluigi is a character in Super Mario Galaxy (whether he's a sub-character or a boss was not clarified), and that we will be seeing more waluigi in the future, I read in gameinformer that there is going to be a Lugi game with Walugi as the main antagonist. So this could just be his big break and his official release as an independant character.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I read on another forum that Waluigi is a character in Super Mario Galaxy (whether he's a sub-character or a boss was not clarified), and that we will be seeing more waluigi in the future, I read in gameinformer that there is going to be a Lugi game with Walugi as the main antagonist. So this could just be his big break and his official release as an independant character.
Ok i dont know if you have been tripping acid or something but none of that is true... FACT!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
(that Waluigi in galaxy thing almost made me laugh).

But anyway to Jiggly puff person (Cant remember user names : X) But they could replace that Pichu clone with someone better than Waluigi.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok first make a list of the 40 characters making it into brawl... now see the one you had to not give a spot because of Waluigi (40 isn't actually that much!)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Let me give you a list of 40 worthy characters and then see if there's space left for Waluigi:

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
wario
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi

Dk:

Dk
diddy

Metroid:

Samus/Zamus
Ridley
D. Samus

Zelda:

Link
Zelda
Ganon
Midna

Pokemon:

Pikachu
Jiggly
Mewtwo
Lucario.

Fire Emblem:

Marth
Ike
Bk

G&W:

G&W

Ness:

Ness or Lucas

Kirbi:

Kirby
Metaknight
Dedede

Fox:

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Fzero:

Falcon
Black Shadow/Deathborn

Ice Climbers:

Ice Climbers

Pit:

Pit

Third Party:

Snake
Sonic

Those are 37 chars i'm pretty sure will make it in. Now that leaves 3 spots left for other characters:

Animal Crossing? that's another 1. 38, that leaves 2 for a potential 40, and there are more franchises out there, Golden Sun for example, and those don't have a Rep on Smash.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Um... yeah..

You know I'd be really pissed if Waluigi made it in over Isaac. VERY pissed.

Weed

Smash Lord
Waluigi was the biggest waste that Nintendo ever made..
The only reason I ever thought of him was to slaughter him in Mario Tennis..that was kinda amusing..

The effort to make Waluigi could easily be better spent on Sonic. Period.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I hate the idea of Olimar in Brawl, but i guess that's just me.

@andrew:

Pft, Issac is much more deserving than Waluigi.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why dont you want Olimar in? seriously he has every right.

But any way WALUIGI FOR MARIO PARTY!

Shuma

Smash Hero
No, i'm pretty sure he has a chance of getting in, and if he's in i don't care, but i don't like him.

Just like i don't like Sonic, but if he gets in, i don't care.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No, i'm pretty sure he has a chance of getting in, and if he's in i don't care, but i don't like him.

Just like i don't like Sonic, but if he gets in, i don't care.
I feel the same way about Sonic. I don't really like him, and I'm not looking forward to him being in (imagine the n00bs... O_O).. However, if he's in, beating the crap out of him whenever I want would make up for it.

Captain Olimar and Sonic both deserve to be in over Waluigi.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can't really imagine captain olomar doing anything except thrpwing pikmin...
I'm sure there are wonderful movesets for him.

You'd just have to find the topic.

Really I couldn't imagine Waluigi doing anything at all... but look people have created movesets for him. :o

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The Captain Olimar topic?

So what... I mean the majority of this topic is people saying Waluigi shouldn't be in, so this isn't anything to brag about.

Captain Olimar definitely deserves a spot over Waluigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom