• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
that and the fact that some guy made a waluigi game, so he does have a growing fanbase, and as for an at move i could see him doing his swim move

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Ah, yes, his infamous ability to swim in the air.

But it really wouldn't do any damage. He's just swimming. Unless he grabs them and drowns them in the.. imaginary water. Or if he swims to some one and throws bombs... or something...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
So you base how many fans Waluigi has by searching his name on google?... Ok then.

And you know its true that Waluigi wont get in Brawl so why do you keep on posting these stupid posts to try and save yourself? they don't make sense half (Actually all!) the time.

If... One second... Waluigi is always purple... is Nintendo trying to tell us something?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No not really seeing as he is an alien species and doesn't wear purple he is purple plus it would be stupid to assume they would make him gay seeing as there are none even left of his species so... don't try it.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
lol...racism for dragons, that's pretty funny

Besides, Ridley's been lots of different colors...and blah blah blah...that's dumb. There are only 7 (really more like six) different colors out there; so it wouldn't be right to say that 17% of everything is gay. This whole thing is dumb. In any case, it's not like he's rainbow-colored or anything. I think that's the new thing.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
although he has no chance to be playable, but if he somehow does, his forward B should be that Whip he has in Mario Strikers Charged

oh ya, and people do care if he's in, just look at the number of replies in this thread, that proves a point right there :p if people didn't care, this thread would have almost no replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
People do care about him getting in..

They care if a rubbish second hand copy of a copy who's "brother" is a copy who hasn't stared in anything other than spin offs and cant even make it into his "Brothers" series get a slot...

which he wont.

And keep the "He could throw bombs... or something" craze alive!

Shuma

Smash Hero
The fact that at least 80% of this thread is people flaming and laughing at Waluigi says something.

That no one whants him in.

And no one has answered my question.

Why does waluigi deserve to be in Brawl?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yeah, people care about Waluigi.

...they care that he's not in. There goes the argument 20 pages back that "well, most of smash boards doesn't really hate him"...*buzzz* wrong answer...we all hate him.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If only you could light internet fires... i would set this thread a blaze...

Waluigi for Mario party 9!

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
i dont know what the hell youre on...but ive backed up MANY TIMES why Waluigi would most likely end up as AT. if you choose not to read, then thats your problem
Hey, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking about one post. Jeez, it's not even like I was attacking him or anything. I just think if your gonna use an argument, back it up. I'm not saying he (or for that matter, anyone else) hadn't ever backed up their argument, just that I hadn't seen him give his higher character choices. I would have just liked to have seen them.

Anyway, I guess I did kinda of overreact in my last post... so, yeah.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I think waluigi will make it in, not because I like him, or he has potential, or even he would be a good WTF character, but because mario and wario are in, and luigi is sure to follow. Waluigi would then complete the four. I personally see no real potential in waluigi as a good character do to him looking of balance just standing.
I would happily be enlightened about his potential if someone will for me.
For example-are there any movesets on this thread?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I think waluigi will make it in, not because I like him, or he has potential, or even he would be a good WTF character, but because mario and wario are in, and luigi is sure to follow. Waluigi would then complete the four.
I think that logic is silly. Mario, Luigi, and Wario are significant characters. Waluigi is not.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Yup. Sinistar71 posted a REALLY good moveset a while back.

Let me find it.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Why does waluigi deserve to be in Brawl?
Here, I'll make you short and easy-to-read list:

#1. He is popular. Now, before the Waluigi haters start to attack me, there has to be a reason Nintendo kept him after Camelot came up with him, right? They must have thought he was popular, or they would have dropped after a few games, wouldn't they have? But they didn't, so he must still have a pretty big fanbase. Now, of course they may just have thought, "He's already in, why should we take him out," but I'd rather think that it went the first way. :p Plus, there's no real way to tell if a character's popular without doing a large scale survey, which would be pretty hard.

Ah, forget the second two, they were crap arguments anyway. I still think that's a slightly valid argument for popularity.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow i didn't think i would see that argument again... *sigh* someone quote one of those really long posts explaining the insignificance of that point.

O yhea there were polls and where was he?

We can give Jesus a good move set with a lot of flexibility as well... that point is invalid.

Why the F*** would they want to rep the party games? thats not even a main series or a side series its a cash in series.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Urge...to quote...long post again...
So far the only GOOD reason (in my opinion) on why Waluigi shouldn't be in Brawl is that there are more deserving characters. Of course there are. He's unoriginal. So? It won't affect his chance of getting in Brawl. He has only appeared in spin-offs. Face it. The Mario spin-offs are an important part of the Mario franchise. I mean, sure, the main titles are much, much, much more important, but most of those spin-offs are fun, and they give us something Mario related for us to play until the real titles like Galaxy come out. (Many people won't agree with me on that.) And with all of his numerous appearences, and the fact that he is becoming well-known, he should at least be an Assist Trophy.

Now, some people say that it's ridiculous to compare Waluigi with Mario and Link. The only reasons they are in Smash games is because they are the main characters of very famous and popular series. Are the actual characters popular or just the games? Now other characters like Waluigi and even Geno (yes, I compared Waluigi and Geno! Bwahaha!) are very different. They don't have their pwn games or series. But people are starting to like Waluigi because of how he acts, the crazy, random and idiotic things he does (WTF was with the Rose taunt in MP8?). Now, I want Geno in Brawl even thought I have no idea who the **** he is, but obviously people really like him. Now, I'm not completely sure about this, but I'm pretty sure that him just starring in Super Mario RPG isn't the reason people want him in. I think people like the actual character. But what do I know, I'm just an idiot who never uses common sense. (HE CULD THR0W BOMS OR SOMETHIN!!!!111oneoneonelol)

But he main problem is that people are not thinking what Waluigi could bring to Brawl. In fact, no one thinks about what almost ANY character could bring to Brawl. When people think of Waluigi, people say "Dood! He sux so badly and he's a copy of a copy of a copy!!!1" but they never think what he could be like in Brawl if he was (hypothetically) in Brawl. What could he bring to Brawl? For starters... LOOK AT HIS FREAKING LIMBS! He can grab and hit people from FIVE BILLION FEET AWAY! His moveset? (Not throwing bombs or something) Well, Sakurai and the developers are very creative, and I'm sure that they could create a moveset just from knowing his personality. Like I said, he is mischivous, crazy, wacky, rude, impatient, random, cocky, overconfident, and easily angered. Hey, what about all of his special moves from the Mario spin-offs? Let's see, we have the Sparky Sticker, Pirhana Plants, he can "distort his body into the shape of his logo, dance wildly, and create a tornado which would spin his opponent every which-way," he can SWIM IN THE AIR (how many people can do that?) He has the Liar Ball from MSB where he throws a baseball and an eggplant (Wrecking Crew reference), his Super Strike, the Drop Kick, Wall-Luigi, where he leaves a trail or thorn bushes and can move twice as fast, the Vacuum Orb, he could use boxing gloves for an attack as a reference to his appearence in Game & Watch Gallery 4 (OMFG! A non Mario spin-off title Waluigi appeared in!), and for his taunt, he could either do that weird rose thing or everyone's favorite Super Mario Strikers taunt... THE CROTCH CHOP.

Now, you should at least consider that it is possible for him to be a PC. ANd to the grim lizard, about your brother liking Waluigi but not think that he should be a PC... that's okay. In fact, I doubt he'll be playable, and he probably won't be, but it is a possibility and something i would like to see.

^ None of that made you think? Well, maybe this will remove at least an ounce of hatred from you guys:

WALUIGI: A HISTORY OF ININSIGNIFIGANCE

The Mario series was definately becoming one of the most popular video game series ever. It all started even before Waluigi existed, with a game called "Wrecking Crew." The antagonist was "Foreman Spike." Many people say that Wario was designed after him, but wait!

He's wearing purple, like Waluigi! He even has his nose! And didn't Waluigi have a kart like that? Coincidence? I think NOT! Anyway, the first Mario Tennis game was released for the Virtual Boy, and because the Virtual Boy failed, no one really cared about it. Why am I talking about this? I have no ****ing idea. But there wouldn't be a Mario tennis game until 2000 for the Nintendo 64. "Who?" said some random guy from Camelot. "Who will be Wario's double partner?" "I know!" someone said. "Let's overuse the formula used to create Wario and create the most original character EVER!" And so, Waluigi was spawned, and a Waluigi fan site had ALREADY been created!

http://waluigi.tripod.com/
Unfortunately, it was never updated ever again, but still... Anyway, Mario Tennis for the N64 and the Game Boy Color came out, and Waluigi already received controversy, along with his brother- partner- whatever and were accused of being Nazis. Those people are currently under medical attention. His second appearence was in May of 2001 in Mario Party 3, where he had his first role as a villain. What would he do? Burn down the rainforest? Cause global warming? Take over the world? No! It was better than that! He stole a stamp! And he took it on his island! (Does Mario, Luigi and Wario have islands? I think NOT!) Then he began appearing in all of these spin-offs, including as a trophy for Melee. Then, he began appearing with Wario as the stars of the "Mario Power Tennis" and "Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour" opening videos, which portrayed him as Wario's idiotic brother/partner/lackey who makes random comments.

Waluigi (at Bowser): He walks funny...
Wario: Oh, shut up!"
Waluigi also appeared in a series of articles in Nintendo of Europe's site called "Wario's Warehouse."

• Wario sends Waluigi on errands to steal new cheats/codes/hints straight from the Nintendo HQ.
• Apparently Wario and Waluigi do hang out with Mario and Luigi - Wario says "Waluigi almost blabbed the whole deal to Mario".
• Apparently puts Waluigi on a rack to make him even taller.
• Wario has had to endure an infestation of hermit crabs, an infestation of sparrows (Who dropped into his tea out of exhaustion), an infestation of foxes (Solved by setting loose a grizzly bear), and an infestation of marmosets (Solved by Waluigi's singing). Waluigi also took something Wario said the wrong way once, and released 7000 hamsters into the Warehouse. Hamsters invaded again when Waluigi wrongly ordered 5 tons of sunflower seeds.
• A storm once swept through his Warehouse right after Waluigi repainted it, causing all files to be scattered around the streets.
• Wario likes to stand still and calmly watch special "Waluigi moments" - moments when Waluigi does extremely stupid things.
• Wario once wanted a week of peace and quiet. Waluigi bought two cheap travel tickets to a "desert island". It actually turned out to be the island in the middle of the boating lake. The "hotel" was a shed, and was overrun with ducks. He ate duck soup every day to get through the week.
• Wario ceaselessly tries to make Waluigi more intelligent and usually fails.
• Wario entered Waluigi in a beauty competition, which turned out to be a dog show.
• Wario has referred to Waluigi as his brother. Nevertheless, he still regularly beats him up for making stupid mistakes.
And then came Super Mario Strikers, where you can punch your favorite Mushroom Kindgom characters and knock them into an electric fence, and of course, look at this all day:
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/7/77/Peach_SoccerOutfit.jpg
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/f/fc/SMSArt.PNG

People used to think that Waluigi was a lifeless... thing, but:
Waluigi showed of his soccer skills in Super Mario Strikers, where he proved to be a very crude opponent. He made a very controversial gesture which is seen as similar to the "crotch chop". While some were a bit startled by Waluigi's behavior, this actually increased his popularity to other players. Waluigi's egotistical attitude was also brought out into the forefront of his character in this game.
That's right! Doing inappropriate things in Rated E games will make you more popular! (Other game developers should do that. >_>)

And a Waluigi-like character appeared in WarioWare: Smooth Moves:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Image:WaluigisAndWarios.jpg

Waluigi continued being the rude and random character he is, and is becoming a popular Mario character. Who knows? Maybe he'll star in a game one day... (Waluigi's Taco Stand)
(NOTE: Anyone who thinks that WL:AHoI was meant to be taken seriously... I pity you.)
BUT there are some things I would just have to disagree with in that comic. "Not AT material?" If you are a known Nintendo character and didn't make it into Brawl, you can be an AT. And he can do more than "throw bombs or something." (*sniff* You guys are hurting my feelings...) He has many other special ablities that I am too lazy to post because I already mentioned them all in my long post a few pages back.

Not popular... well, of course he isn't as popular as characters like Geno... but he is starting to become popular. In his own way. Heck, in that "Which of these characters do you want to see in Brawl" poll, he has more votes than Toad, Tetra, Simon Belmont, Shadow, Paper Mario, Mallow, Lucas, Lip, King Boo, and Daisy. (Remember, it's who you WANT in Brawl, not who DESERVES to be in Brawl.)

Also, why wouldn't it make sense to make Waluigi a Mario character? He's part of the Mario series. Hence forth, he should be a Mario character.

And who has a house with all PURPLE walls?

BUT you really did capture the personality of Waluigi. "Let's see how Nintendo would do without one of their main characters!!" LMAO

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Here, I'll make you short and easy-to-read list:

#1. He is popular. Now, before the Waluigi haters start to attack me, there has to be a reason Nintendo kept him after Camelot came up with him, right? They must have thought he was popular, or they would have dropped after a few games, wouldn't they have? But they didn't, so he must still have a pretty big fanbase. Now, of course they may just have thought, "He's already in, why should we take him out," but I'd rather think that it went the first way. :p Plus, there's no real way to tell if a character's popular without doing a large scale survey, which would be pretty hard.

#2. He has a lot of potential and he can be very unique. Seeing as he doesn't have any games of his own (oh, crap, I just aknowledged an over-used and invalid counter-argument!), the developer's have some creative freedom. They can develop a very interesting moveset for him. If they don't feel like doing that, they could use some of his weirdness to their advantage. He could be a random character, and use some of his unique talents. He can swim through the air. He can make tornadoes appear out of nowhere. They could also incorporate his weird thing for eggplants. Plus, he has extremely long arms and legs. What other character is like that? Finally, he could throw bombs... or something.

#3. He could rep the party games. Now, this is the least valid argument, so it comes last. Moving on.... Seeing as he doesn't have his own games (darn, I did it again), he could, instead of using his weird abilities, he could use different things from the party and spin-off games to make up his moveset. That way, the party games would get a unique reprensatative (as in one that isn't from anywhere else).

Now, I probably didn't hit all the points, and didn't use the best points, but I think I made a valid argument.

Now, any Waluigi haters, feel free to point out (not "flame out") anything I missed if I did. And feel free to argue back.
i am the kind of person that don't post a long reply because of my lack in English exp. (it is not my mother language)

1_ tell me why they didn't add him in Super Mario 64 DS along Luigi, Yoshi AND WARIO? won't he "complete the four" perfectly in that game??

2_ this uniqueness will be Wario's.

3_ isn't the Mario characters representing it already??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom