• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I think that logic is silly. Mario, Luigi, and Wario are significant characters. Waluigi is not.
But just for the same reason they made him they will include him in brawl. A stupid one that will be hard not to make. He apparently is popular in some way so why not add him, they added CF who never got in a fist fight in the whole series (as far as I know). As a bonus they can make a rivalry event match between mario and luigi, and wario and waluigi.

Gindor....you just destroyed your image in my eyes....
I hope not too much, I hate hate in all ways and try to see others views because that is the cause of violence.

Even if I hate waluigi in the way he is designed and the reason they made him, I will not just forget that others see him as a potential brawler.

Try to be more open to others' views.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
But just for the same reason they made him they will include him in brawl. A stupid one that will be hard not to make. He apparently is popular in some way so why not add him
There are more deserving characters.

The fact that Captain Falcon never got into a fist fight doesn't mean anything... He is obviously the best rep for the F-Zero series.

Waluigi is insignificant, it's that simple.

Gindor

Smash Ace
There are more deserving characters.

The fact that Captain Falcon never got into a fist fight doesn't mean anything... He is obviously the best rep for the F-Zero series.

Waluigi is insignificant, it's that simple.
I agree that he is signifigant, but signifigance isn't the only reason characters get into ssb. *looks at Dr. Mario*

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But just for the same reason they made him they will include him in brawl. A stupid one that will be hard not to make. He apparently is popular in some way so why not add him, they added CF who never got in a fist fight in the whole series (as far as I know). As a bonus they can make a rivalry event match between mario and luigi, and wario and waluigi.

One thing Mario tennis was just another sports title... super smash brothers brawl is the best game in the universe... a little difference in char selection there. C.falcon? he was representing a franchise... don't you dare compare him to a cheap copy of a copy insignificant party game's character.

I hope not too much, I hate hate in all ways and try to see others views because that is the cause of violence.

But this is a forum and what you post is what people will reply to if one think Waluigi is a bad idea... its a forum so they can post why and such (Im going to punch you in the face... through my computer?)

Even if I hate waluigi in the way he is designed and the reason they made him, I will not just forget that others see him as a potential brawler.

Ok then remember him... and he isn't a potential brawler he is in the next game when they start scraping the bottom of the barrel

Try to be more open to others' views.
Said all i needed to be said above in bold.

O yhea and Dr.Mario was a last minute filler character... the only reason he is in

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Seriously, I don't think anyone has replied to my awful long pro-Waluigi post (the grim lizard even said it was "good..." although my sarcasm detector could be broken again.) OR my response to Stryk's comic.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I agree that he is signifigant, but signifigance isn't the only reason characters get into ssb. *looks at Dr. Mario*
Although I can't say this with 100% certainty, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Dr. Mario was just a "filler" and was thrown in because there wasn't enough time to make a unique character.

The fact of the matter is that Waluigi just doesn't deserve a spot. An AT maybe, but gosh maybe even that's pushing it.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I REALLY don't understand why some people Waluigi might not even be an AT. They are just guest characters.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
i am the kind of person that don't post a long reply because of my lack in English exp. (it is not my mother language)

1_ tell me why they didn't add him in Super Mario 64 DS along Luigi, Yoshi AND WARIO? won't he "complete the four" perfectly in that game??

2_ this uniqueness will be Wario's.

3_ isn't the Mario characters representing it already??
1_ I have no idea. My best guess is, as that was nearly three years ago (and it was in development for nearly 6 months-1 year before that), and Waluigi had only been around for four years (at the release date), maybe that had something to do with it. That's just a complete guess though.

2_ In which ways is Wario unique? So far all he does is fart and ride a chopper. The chopper's unique, but nothing else is known. By the way, unpredictable does not = unique.

3_ I told you it was the worst argument of the three, and the other two weren't extremely good in the first place. Technically, yes, the Mario characters are representing it, but I meant to say that Waluigi could exclusively rep. it, and use moves to do so.

From now on, I think I'm gonna stop posting, so I don't make myself look like more of an ignorant idiot (which I'm not). :ohwell:. Plus other people have better arguments for Waluigi's inclusion than me. *Looks at Red_Maniac*

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I REALLY don't understand why some people Waluigi might not even be an AT. They are just guest characters.
I don't mind him being an AT, but I don't know that he'll even be that.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well actually, we don't know how many ATs there will be.

So forget about it. If I knew the amount then I might be able to come to such a conclusion.

Him being a playable character, though? Don't count on it.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Well actually, we don't know how many ATs there will be.

So forget about it. If I knew the amount then I might be able to come to such a conclusion.

Him being a playable character, though? Don't count on it.
Who knows how many ATs there will be? They're like Pokeballs. Random characters who come and assist whoever summoned them. It's not like they carefully decide which characters deserve to be an AT... or something...

What am I talking about again?

Gindor

Smash Ace
Said all i needed to be said above in bold.

O yhea and Dr.Mario was a last minute filler character... the only reason he is in
I wasn't comparing thier fighting, just how they were made.
So we have different views, mine is a peaceful one, deal with it!
I agree with you about his potential, but if reason is good enough, My mind will be changed!

maybe waluigi will be a filler, who knows.

Although I can't say this with 100% certainty, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Dr. Mario was just a "filler" and was thrown in because there wasn't enough time to make a unique character.

The fact of the matter is that Waluigi just doesn't deserve a spot. An AT maybe, but gosh maybe even that's pushing it.
I agree with you everything you said, but like above maybe he will be a filler.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Who knows how many ATs there will be? They're like Pokeballs. Random characters who come and assist whoever summoned them. It's not like they carefully decide which characters deserve to be an AT... or something...

What am I talking about again?
Why wouldn't they carefully decide who will be an AT?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Wait, wait, wait, I'm having a headache of some sort...

WAIT!

Technically, aren't the Yoshi, DK and Wario series spin-offs of the Mario series? Huh? Huh?

Right?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Wait, wait, wait, I'm having a headache of some sort...

WAIT!

Technically, aren't the Yoshi, DK and Wario series spin-offs of the Mario series? Huh? Huh?

Right?
Why does it matter?

They are "spin-offs" but they have their own good games and are important characters... Again, Waluigi isn't.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But this game has no room for filler it will be packed up as it is!

THERE IS NO FILLER IN THIS GAME!THERE IS NO FILLER IN THIS GAME!THERE IS NO FILLER IN THIS GAME!THERE IS NO FILLER IN THIS GAME!THERE IS NO FILLER IN THIS GAME!THERE IS NO FILLER IN THIS GAME!

Dr.Mario was last minute easy to make character.
Waluigi (If he was to be a PC) would need a lot of work done on him not just add a Dr.'s gown (Or whatever).

And no those other series are not spin offs they are their owns series... their own MAIN series!

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
gotta give respect to red maniac, he's putting up a good fight. i personally wouldn't mind if waluigi made it in as a PC or even a AT. if he does make it in, just dont play him. or beat the **** out of anyone who chooses him, until he is deemed crap tier for life.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Or sulk because Midna/WWLink couldn't make it in because they spent all their time making Waluigi instead of proper characters. YOU CHOOSE!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok, so the best Argument you guys have are:

"he's Popular"

and

"he should be in to complete the 4"

Ok.

1st: Yes, he is popular, everybody knows him, and 85% of that everybody hates him.
If he was too popular, he would have his own game, i mean, Wario has his own games, and Waluigi doesn't appear in them. Why? not even Nintendo likes him.

If he's in the party games, it's because in some of the minigames, the characters must team together, that's why Waluigi was created, and that's his only purpose.

Other than teaming with Wario on some minigames, he has no other purpose.

2nd:

No, he Shouldn't be in, only for that reason. If that's a valid reason, then Pico, Goroh and Dr. Stewart would be in Brawl with Falcon. So no.

Now, from my limited experience in the Smash Games, Sakurai likes to add weird chars, so he has a VERY SLIM chance of getting in, that's it, only that, if he whants to add some weird character and have 7 mario characters...

But i don't think he would do it, why? he whant's to add around 40 chars, all the characters he has announced are worthy characters, so far there are around 6 Mario characters, so why add waluigi, and take one spot from the roster?

When other worthy chars could have that Spot? Also, is not only the franchises that are already in Brawl, but others that deserve or should make an appareance, Golden Sun for example, we already see that new franchises are heading to BRawl, with the Animal Crossin stuff.

So unless Sakurai, whants to add another Mario character and a WTF char, then Waluigi whont be in, i mean, there are more worthy Mario chars out there like Bowser Jr.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I'd rather have Midna, WWLink, or even Tingle over Waluigi. I really hope it doesn't come to that, though.

Waluigi is just a waste of a character space.

Your opinion.

*waits for someone to say that everyone hates Waluigi when it is, in fact, not true*

Gindor

Smash Ace
I don't really care for waluigi making it in, but I do hate his design. In ever really said that the "he would complete the four" was a strength of his, but if anything is going to let him in it's that.
I would fear the day that the character roster came down to waluigi, WWlink, tingle, etc. *shiver*

Wrath`

Smash Master
nothing convinces the minds of waluigi haters, so why bother.

if waluigi is not in brawl, the terrorists have won

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I'm not bashing you, Maniac--I'm just trying to point out the fact that those who want Waluigi in Brawl are clearly a minority in every sense of the word.

I would just have to disagree with you on that. Maybe currently, there are more anti-WL guys posting in this thread, but look at the earlier pages of the thread! There were a lot of Pro-WL. What about the other threads? In the "Which of these characters do you want to see in Brawl?" he has more votes than characters like Tom Nook and even Simon Belmont. And aren't there a lot of fan sites and fan videos, etc. of him? I posted a ton of links to those sites a while back. And he's actually becoming the favorite Mario character of many people.

He does have many supporters... they just aren't posting here right now...
nothing convinces the minds of waluigi haters, so why bother.

if waluigi is not in brawl, the terrorists have won
...YOU AREN'T HELPING. No offence.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Are you saying that you can't convince OUR minds, or that we're terrorists?

*throws bombs or something*

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats exactly what i am saying except Red Maniac you are one of the few Pro-Waluigiers who actually makes good posts.

Wrath`

Smash Master
sorry red, but i have given up changing the minds of these people. you had your one super ultra good post(props dude) and they still didnt bend even an inch. it is usless here to convince smashboards. but as long as thoes who like waluigi stand,he will have his chance

Shuma

Smash Hero
He's the only one.

So far no one has tryed to convince me that Waluigi should be in though.

Edit:

Show me this "good" post.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Thats exactly what i am saying except Red Maniac you are one of the few Pro-Waluigiers who actually makes good posts.
Why, thank you. :)
sorry red, but i have given up changing the minds of these people. you had your one super ultra good post(props dude) and they still didnt bend even an inch. it is usless here to convince smashboards. but as long as thoes who like waluigi stand,he will have his chance
It's almost impossible to convince ANYONE on this board about ANY character...

Wrath`

Smash Master
so true red so true, but the fact all this time is being devoted into a character means waluigi is talked about alot wich might lead to......

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Well, you obviously ignored mine because I reposted it one or two pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom