• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Once again... here............
So far the only GOOD reason (in my opinion) on why Waluigi shouldn't be in Brawl is that there are more deserving characters. Of course there are. He's unoriginal. So? It won't affect his chance of getting in Brawl. He has only appeared in spin-offs. Face it. The Mario spin-offs are an important part of the Mario franchise. I mean, sure, the main titles are much, much, much more important, but most of those spin-offs are fun, and they give us something Mario related for us to play until the real titles like Galaxy come out. (Many people won't agree with me on that.) And with all of his numerous appearences, and the fact that he is becoming well-known, he should at least be an Assist Trophy.

Now, some people say that it's ridiculous to compare Waluigi with Mario and Link. The only reasons they are in Smash games is because they are the main characters of very famous and popular series. Are the actual characters popular or just the games? Now other characters like Waluigi and even Geno (yes, I compared Waluigi and Geno! Bwahaha!) are very different. They don't have their pwn games or series. But people are starting to like Waluigi because of how he acts, the crazy, random and idiotic things he does (WTF was with the Rose taunt in MP8?). Now, I want Geno in Brawl even thought I have no idea who the **** he is, but obviously people really like him. Now, I'm not completely sure about this, but I'm pretty sure that him just starring in Super Mario RPG isn't the reason people want him in. I think people like the actual character. But what do I know, I'm just an idiot who never uses common sense. (HE CULD THR0W BOMS OR SOMETHIN!!!!111oneoneonelol)

But he main problem is that people are not thinking what Waluigi could bring to Brawl. In fact, no one thinks about what almost ANY character could bring to Brawl. When people think of Waluigi, people say "Dood! He sux so badly and he's a copy of a copy of a copy!!!1" but they never think what he could be like in Brawl if he was (hypothetically) in Brawl. What could he bring to Brawl? For starters... LOOK AT HIS FREAKING LIMBS! He can grab and hit people from FIVE BILLION FEET AWAY! His moveset? (Not throwing bombs or something) Well, Sakurai and the developers are very creative, and I'm sure that they could create a moveset just from knowing his personality. Like I said, he is mischivous, crazy, wacky, rude, impatient, random, cocky, overconfident, and easily angered. Hey, what about all of his special moves from the Mario spin-offs? Let's see, we have the Sparky Sticker, Pirhana Plants, he can "distort his body into the shape of his logo, dance wildly, and create a tornado which would spin his opponent every which-way," he can SWIM IN THE AIR (how many people can do that?) He has the Liar Ball from MSB where he throws a baseball and an eggplant (Wrecking Crew reference), his Super Strike, the Drop Kick, Wall-Luigi, where he leaves a trail or thorn bushes and can move twice as fast, the Vacuum Orb, he could use boxing gloves for an attack as a reference to his appearence in Game & Watch Gallery 4 (OMFG! A non Mario spin-off title Waluigi appeared in!), and for his taunt, he could either do that weird rose thing or everyone's favorite Super Mario Strikers taunt... THE CROTCH CHOP.

Now, you should at least consider that it is possible for him to be a PC. ANd to the grim lizard, about your brother liking Waluigi but not think that he should be a PC... that's okay. In fact, I doubt he'll be playable, and he probably won't be, but it is a possibility and something i would like to see.

^ None of that made you think? Well, maybe this will remove at least an ounce of hatred from you guys:

WALUIGI: A HISTORY OF ININSIGNIFIGANCE

The Mario series was definately becoming one of the most popular video game series ever. It all started even before Waluigi existed, with a game called "Wrecking Crew." The antagonist was "Foreman Spike." Many people say that Wario was designed after him, but wait!

He's wearing purple, like Waluigi! He even has his nose! And didn't Waluigi have a kart like that? Coincidence? I think NOT! Anyway, the first Mario Tennis game was released for the Virtual Boy, and because the Virtual Boy failed, no one really cared about it. Why am I talking about this? I have no ****ing idea. But there wouldn't be a Mario tennis game until 2000 for the Nintendo 64. "Who?" said some random guy from Camelot. "Who will be Wario's double partner?" "I know!" someone said. "Let's overuse the formula used to create Wario and create the most original character EVER!" And so, Waluigi was spawned, and a Waluigi fan site had ALREADY been created!

http://waluigi.tripod.com/
Unfortunately, it was never updated ever again, but still... Anyway, Mario Tennis for the N64 and the Game Boy Color came out, and Waluigi already received controversy, along with his brother- partner- whatever and were accused of being Nazis. Those people are currently under medical attention. His second appearence was in May of 2001 in Mario Party 3, where he had his first role as a villain. What would he do? Burn down the rainforest? Cause global warming? Take over the world? No! It was better than that! He stole a stamp! And he took it on his island! (Does Mario, Luigi and Wario have islands? I think NOT!) Then he began appearing in all of these spin-offs, including as a trophy for Melee. Then, he began appearing with Wario as the stars of the "Mario Power Tennis" and "Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour" opening videos, which portrayed him as Wario's idiotic brother/partner/lackey who makes random comments.

Waluigi (at Bowser): He walks funny...
Wario: Oh, shut up!"
Waluigi also appeared in a series of articles in Nintendo of Europe's site called "Wario's Warehouse."

• Wario sends Waluigi on errands to steal new cheats/codes/hints straight from the Nintendo HQ.
• Apparently Wario and Waluigi do hang out with Mario and Luigi - Wario says "Waluigi almost blabbed the whole deal to Mario".
• Apparently puts Waluigi on a rack to make him even taller.
• Wario has had to endure an infestation of hermit crabs, an infestation of sparrows (Who dropped into his tea out of exhaustion), an infestation of foxes (Solved by setting loose a grizzly bear), and an infestation of marmosets (Solved by Waluigi's singing). Waluigi also took something Wario said the wrong way once, and released 7000 hamsters into the Warehouse. Hamsters invaded again when Waluigi wrongly ordered 5 tons of sunflower seeds.
• A storm once swept through his Warehouse right after Waluigi repainted it, causing all files to be scattered around the streets.
• Wario likes to stand still and calmly watch special "Waluigi moments" - moments when Waluigi does extremely stupid things.
• Wario once wanted a week of peace and quiet. Waluigi bought two cheap travel tickets to a "desert island". It actually turned out to be the island in the middle of the boating lake. The "hotel" was a shed, and was overrun with ducks. He ate duck soup every day to get through the week.
• Wario ceaselessly tries to make Waluigi more intelligent and usually fails.
• Wario entered Waluigi in a beauty competition, which turned out to be a dog show.
• Wario has referred to Waluigi as his brother. Nevertheless, he still regularly beats him up for making stupid mistakes.
And then came Super Mario Strikers, where you can punch your favorite Mushroom Kindgom characters and knock them into an electric fence, and of course, look at this all day:
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/7/77/Peach_SoccerOutfit.jpg
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/f/fc/SMSArt.PNG

People used to think that Waluigi was a lifeless... thing, but:
Waluigi showed of his soccer skills in Super Mario Strikers, where he proved to be a very crude opponent. He made a very controversial gesture which is seen as similar to the "crotch chop". While some were a bit startled by Waluigi's behavior, this actually increased his popularity to other players. Waluigi's egotistical attitude was also brought out into the forefront of his character in this game.
That's right! Doing inappropriate things in Rated E games will make you more popular! (Other game developers should do that. >_>)

And a Waluigi-like character appeared in WarioWare: Smooth Moves:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Image:WaluigisAndWarios.jpg

Waluigi continued being the rude and random character he is, and is becoming a popular Mario character. Who knows? Maybe he'll star in a game one day... (Waluigi's Taco Stand)
BUT there are some things I would just have to disagree with in that comic. "Not AT material?" If you are a known Nintendo character and didn't make it into Brawl, you can be an AT. And he can do more than "throw bombs or something." (*sniff* You guys are hurting my feelings...) He has many other special ablities that I am too lazy to post because I already mentioned them all in my long post a few pages back.

Not popular... well, of course he isn't as popular as characters like Geno... but he is starting to become popular. In his own way. Heck, in that "Which of these characters do you want to see in Brawl" poll, he has more votes than Toad, Tetra, Simon Belmont, Shadow, Paper Mario, Mallow, Lucas, Lip, King Boo, and Daisy. (Remember, it's who you WANT in Brawl, not who DESERVES to be in Brawl.)

Also, why wouldn't it make sense to make Waluigi a Mario character? He's part of the Mario series. Hence forth, he should be a Mario character.

And who has a house with all PURPLE walls?

BUT you really did capture the personality of Waluigi. "Let's see how Nintendo would do without one of their main characters!!" LMAO

Wrath`

Smash Master
common yoshi on this other site i am on said toad was a filler with waluigi, wow.

hmm, is there a post that would change you guys majnds? if not why bother to argue, i mean the point of a debate is to learn why the other wants him/her in

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I like his taunt I Mario Strikers, He can pop out of an AT an "air hump" you into submission.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I don't think its that "there are more deserving characters" so much as it is Waluigi "doesn't deserve to be in the game"
the lack of reasoning and the failure to be able to see others view, pitiful
why try to force your opinion on us when we won't budge from our spot (maybe not you but maybe others), as you try and try and get frustrated, I just suggest that you go over to your other thread and enjoy some conversations instead.

Why is this thread still up? The Mario group doesn't need any more characters. Besides, Waluigi isn't part of the Wario world. He wasn't even included in any of the Wario Ware games.
the name of the game you are waiting for is even based off of the mario series name
super mario brothers
super smash brothers
also the fact that that series is the main reason the company is known, so I'm not bugged by it.

Knightblade

Smash Cadet
Waluigi has always been my favorite character in the mario games ever, like in mario party,mario tennis, or mario strikers. They better put him in brawl because he is right up there with warios stupid *** and he is so much better than wario.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Waluigi has always been my favorite character in the mario games ever, like in mario party,mario tennis, or mario strikers. They better put him in brawl because he is right up there with warios stupid *** and he is so much better than wario.
Oh. Whoa.
Wait, are there people other than Knightblade who have picked Waluigi as their favorite character in the Mario games? That's pretty... um. Hardcore.

Vali

Smash Ace
I know the irony in posting a post in order to say let this thread die which in turn bumps it up to the top, but there really is no competant discussion going on. There hasn't been for...uh...ages? Competant arguing/discussion requires 2 sides with good points after all *points and sn*ggers (middle bit gets sensored :x) at Pro-Waluigi side*. Anyway, on a less jokey post, I think Red Maniac just did a great point of reposting a ton of already debunked arguments. Kudos.

After all, who could argue with such excellent points as "Mario + Link are only in Smash because they're the main characters in very popular and famous games". No ****, that's what makes them popular (everyone loves them, it'd be stupid to say otherwise) and so d*mn important to Nintendo.

Or that classic argument "He reps the Mario spin-offs!" despite that fact that so does every other main and filler Mario character.

Let's not forget that great argument that "Waluigi has long limbs! He'd be perfect for variety in Brawl!", which is rediculous since there are so many things you can do with long limbs...all of which can be done with normal sized limbs (albeit a shorter reach). Vine whip might be too similar to the ZSS whip, dontcha think? Piranha plants can only go so far. Oh and he could throw bombs or something. Anyway even though he could have a moveset, ANY character could potentially have any sort of moveset that Sakurai wanted to give them within the bounds of their character design and there's one hell of a lot more characters that would potentially have more interesting (and signature) moves than Waluigi, really.

Red then went on to perfectly describe how really insignifcant Waluigi is, but also tripped on the Wrecking Crew linking again with his Foreman Spike information. Surely he must've noticed that Wario wore yellow AND purple? Like...Foreman Spike? And the kart etc. were all linked in to Waluigi because of the purple Luigi in WC...screw it, I can't be ***** to go through it all over again. Too much hassle when people don't take it in the first 3 or 4 times.

Honestly this is my last post on this thread. Every time I post here to trounce silly comments it just bumps it back up and the wave of ******** posts making already dead arguments live once again is too much.

Edit: @Gindor, saying he won't be in is just as bad as saying that he will be in. It just seems that saying the former gets you called "arrogant and stupid" by the Pro-W and the latter gets you called "******** and delirious" by the Anti-W. If your post were true, by your logic, every post saying "X character will be in Brawl because..." is arrogant and stupid because it cannot be proved. Saying Yoshi will be in Brawl, before he was confirmed, was also by your logic "arrogant and stupid". Get my point?

Gindor

Smash Ace
Is Waluigi Wario's Luigi ~or~ Luigi's Wario?
he's both!

and to everyone just saying he won't get in-you need 100% proof, like "sakurai deconfirmed him at the (insert official event here)", your just being arogant and frankly, stupid.

Redmaniac's statement (or requoting) gave me an idea. I waluigi makes it in, you'll all go silent, his rep will increse, and then people will be saying when smash bros four's being made(because he got into brawl hypothetically), "toad can't make it in, he's not cool like mario, link, ganon, or waluigi. he has nothing!" I for one support toad also, but when the game comes out, opinions and veiws will change, even if waluigi doesn't make it in.

Also, if he is deconfirmed, and all of you and your frat boy friends come here and spam pics and links to videos bragging that he didn't make it in, you will all confirm that you are jack a**es.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It is true we can't say he's not going to be in as a fact.

However I can tell you his chances are very slim, I'm sure Sakurai has thought through his character decisions well. If he has done so, Waluigi won't be in.

Shuma

Smash Hero
If Sakurai whant's to add worthy and awesome chars, then Wa**** whon't be in.

Also, if Sakurai needs more Mario Rep there are other important chars like Bowser Jr.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
It is true we can't say he's not going to be in as a fact.
I can. It's one of my special powers. "The ability to say Waluigi has a 0% chance of being playable in Brawl."

Besides...Sakurai only cares about characters that excite him. I seriously doubt Waluigi would.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I can. It's one of my special powers. "The ability to say Waluigi has a 0% chance of being playable in Brawl."

Besides...Sakurai only cares about characters that excite him. I seriously doubt Waluigi would.
nothing has 0 %. when waluigi gets in, i will master him and kill you all with him

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi seems to be a worthy character for Super Smash Bros. Brawl considering he is usually seen with Wario in spin-off games. Even if Waluigi isn't playable, Waluigi can work as an Assist Trophy.

In short terms, Waluigi has chances of being seen in the next game, more leaning towards playable than non playable.

The question is... should Waluigi have the Mario logo or not?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I still don't see why having Wario in the game means that Waluigi should be in too.

It doesn't really make any sense. Wario has his own series of games now, and Waluigi isn't even in them.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Waluigi should be in for the same reason luigi is in (and the same reason he was made).to complete the four, it's one of waluigi's strongest points for being in the game however weak it is. It basically is novelty, and novelty sells products, it is a cheap corperate strategy.

I have a good point! Lets say hypothetically luigi was never in the game. what would you say about him-probably that he is a cheap clone of someone famous.
In the end waluigi was made for the same reason luigi was. Luigi was made to be a side kick and allow multiplayer. Wario also was made to fill a spot, the villain. Waluigi was made to be a side kick and allow wario to be in a multiplayer game, he also was a villain.
If you say mario, luigi, and wario deserve to be in, and not waluigi, you are really forgetting something.
Even mario was cheaply made to fit a spot, the hero. You say that waluigi doesn't deserve because he has no character, he just hasn't shown it yet. Mario, luigi, and wario have shown their character, and have become famous. SSBB might be the game that shows waluigi's character (due to it having a storyline this time) and makes him famous. Give the freakishly proportionate man a chance that nintendo will give to him at some point. It might as well be ssbb so you can go back and fight with your new favorite character.

And for those who don't care, don't you want to beat up the waluigi fans and pwn them, rub it in their faces. If so, why not vote for waluigi so you can.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Waluigi should be in for the same reason luigi is in (and the same reason he was made).to complete the four, it's one of waluigi's strongest points for being in the game however weak it is. It basically is novelty, and novelty sells products, it is a cheap corperate strategy.

I have a good point! Lets say hypothetically luigi was never in the game. what would you say about him-probably that he is a cheap clone of someone famous.
In the end waluigi was made for the same reason luigi was. Luigi was made to be a side kick and allow multiplayer. Wario also was made to fill a spot, the villain. Waluigi was made to be a side kick and allow wario to be in a multiplayer game, he also was a villain.
If you say mario, luigi, and wario deserve to be in, and not waluigi, you are really forgetting something.
Even mario was cheaply made to fit a spot, the hero. You say that waluigi doesn't deserve because he has no character, he just hasn't shown it yet. Mario, luigi, and wario have shown their character, and have become famous. SSBB might be the game that shows waluigi's character (due to it having a storyline this time) and makes him famous. Give the freakishly proportionate man a chance that nintendo will give to him at some point. It might as well be ssbb so you can go back and fight with your new favorite character.

And for those who don't care, don't you want to beat up the waluigi fans and pwn them, rub it in their faces. If so, why not vote for waluigi so you can.
Luigi became his own character fast. In SMB2 he had his own special jumping ability and evolved fast from there... and not very many games with Mario were made before that.

Comparing Luigi with Waluigi makes me sad. Luigi is a developed character and even has his own games. They may not be highly revered by the general public, but they make him his own character. Waluigi is simply a party character with no purpose other then that.

Luigi has been around since the beginning and is an established Mario character, Waluigi is just... You just can't compare them, oikay?

There is no "circle" in this game if you haven't realized. Wario sports his own suit from his other own games, seperating him from the Mario franchise... Therefore Waluigi would be really out of place.

@Tubaam
That wouldn't be fair to Wario. Waluigi wasn't in those games and therefore has nothing to do with them.

Lets face it... Waluigi has nothing going for him, and I'm sure Sakurai has picked up on that.

Waluigi shoudn't be in the game as a PC, period. He'd take up a spot of a more deserving character, which I tell you would not be good.

Shuma

Smash Hero
If Waluigi gets in but Ridley, Wolf, The Black Knight, Sonic, Cpt' Olimar, D. Samus, etc don't, then Sakurai is officialy an idiot. If all those characters get in and Waluigi gets in, then in my eyes, it's acceptable, since he is not denying the spot of better characters.

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
well waluigi has no relation to any nintendo character. he was like "heyy...wario i know you" and wario thought in the back of his head"I do need a doubles partner for that tennis game coming out.." i would love to see him in the game even though his chances are as slim and the size of his trousers.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Man, Waluigi is such a lame character, but there is a real appeal to me for playing MArio & Luigi VS Wario & Waluigi. That would be really awesome.... but then again Waluigi wouldn't be half as cool as having other characters put in.... but then... grr

I have no opinion on Waluigi, if he's in, cool, if not, cool

Gindor

Smash Ace
Luigi became his own character fast. In SMB2 he had his own special jumping ability and evolved fast from there... and not very many games with Mario were made before that.

Comparing Luigi with Waluigi makes me sad. Luigi is a developed character and even has his own games. They may not be highly revered by the general public, but they make him his own character. Waluigi is simply a party character with no purpose other then that.

Luigi has been around since the beginning and is an established Mario character, Waluigi is just... You just can't compare them, oikay?

There is no "circle" in this game if you haven't realized. Wario sports his own suit from his other own games, seperating him from the Mario franchise... Therefore Waluigi would be really out of place.

@Tubaam
That wouldn't be fair to Wario. Waluigi wasn't in those games and therefore has nothing to do with them.

Lets face it... Waluigi has nothing going for him, and I'm sure Sakurai has picked up on that.

Waluigi shoudn't be in the game as a PC, period. He'd take up a spot of a more deserving character, which I tell you would not be good.

Yes luigi developed and became revered, but he started out as a pallet swap of mario in a low graphics game that practically only had gameplay and barely any storyline. He was only made to allow almost competitive multiplayer and be a sidekick.

Waluigi doesn't have anything going for him, yet!

Are you saying waluigi won't ever develope, nintendo isn't that stupid. If you hate his look and think it's ********, so what! Waluigi will estabolish himself thoughout nintendos games.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The fact of the matter is he hasn't developed.

If by some chance he develops and has his own games, then maybe he can appear in a Smash then, but not this one.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
you know, whoever gets in, there is always gonna be people who say "why did he get in over *insert character name here** you just can't help that people are gonna say that, hell people would probably say "why did Ridley get in and Pichu isn't coming back"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom