• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ssbm Dc++ Hub Thread, #1 Resource For Vids, Read First Post!

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
File->Setting->Sharing
The file has to be on your computer, Synikal. Just move it to your comp from the CD.

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
Thank goodness there are people that answer questions really well. Any ways I have many questions. What Exactly is DC++ and I have troubles with WDing. Also can someone please tell me the importance of knowing about frames and when I have to use the L button to cancel moves?

P.S. Many more where that came from :laugh:

W.J

Smash Ace
SynikaL said:
Would someone please explain to me how I upload vdeos to the hub? More specifically off of a CD?

-Kimo
SynikaL when you want to upload videos off of a CD you have to copy the files from The CD to a drive then share that folder

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I think i am receiving unwarranted bans from the hub for my nick.

EDIT*** nevermind, qwester was just being a jerk to m2k and it spread over to me :ohwell:

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Read the rules.
7) Don't have an excessively long or annoying nick.

8) Do not change your nick as it breaks people's queues and generally makes everything more complicated.
- the novelty is not worth the disruption.
- Don't complain about somebody downloading from you. If you're sharing the file, expect people to download it.
- Steps to resolve your bandwidth being sapped by an upload:
~ ask them politely if they can find the file somewhere else.
~ unshare the file that they're downloading.
~ close your client. that will stop the download.
Thanks.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
1) it was not long and/or more annoying than most other names in the hub.

2) i had no one downloading from me, it was not a novelty, i liked the name. It wouldn't have amde anything more complicated or confusing, people don't generally listen to me anyway.

That ban was unwarranted.

W.J

Smash Ace
Yo the reason we have those rules is so ******ry such as repetitive changing of names and such will not happen, i even have a registration of user name implemented, which should be a sign that you should not be doing that aftermath. Lets not even get into the spam that you do, dont go around saying that your bans are unwarranted, there are plenty of reasons for kicking

Smash Ace
LOL

This Hub NEEDS me You guys are acting crazy and i think i might beable to calm all that down.

I'll be back this tuesday! In full Force B!tchs!

W.J

Smash Ace
Maelstrom said:
Thank goodness there are people that answer questions really well. Any ways I have many questions. What Exactly is DC++ and I have troubles with WDing. Also can someone please tell me the importance of knowing about frames and when I have to use the L button to cancel moves?

P.S. Many more where that came from :laugh:

K ill answer ur question, Knowing about frames and using the l/r button to cancel moves, is to know about lag on attacks, if you lcancel you can cut out most of the lag and this will make your character move faster

Aftermath

Smash Champion
well, i just like complaining WJ. oh, and would it be possible to post guides to becoming active, or is that too different for every person, in which case nevermind sir.

snex

Smash Master
qwester needs to be stripped of his mod status IMMEDIATELY

[14:39] <snex_work> ken who is your sister teaming with
[14:39] <sephirothken> i think DA will win crews
[14:39] <sephirothken> if they add me :)
[14:40] <Qwester> snex, stop harrasing users
[14:40] <Ruler> 1337 >>>>>>>. 1233
[14:40] <KillaOR> :/
[14:40] <Mew2King> <sephirothken> mad lazer spam --------------> Why I hate Falco.
[14:40] *** Parts: AntD
[14:40] <snex_work> Qwester stop abusing mod powers
[14:40] <snex_work> everybody in here can see that nobody was harrassed
[14:40] <KillaOR> lol
[14:40] <snex_work> now crawl back into your cave
[14:40] <RockCrock> i feel harassed
[14:40] <KillaOR> I'm being harashed
[14:40] <Angrylobster> lol
[14:40] <Ruler> i feel >__>'ed
[14:40] <dmac> $5 wrestling match
[14:40] <dmac> who wants some
[14:40] <KillaOR> what the hell?
[14:40] <Qwester> snex, just quit it, k? You don't like it.. tough
[14:41] <KillaOR> can you kick and punch?
[14:41] <snex_work> quit what ****face
[14:41] <snex_work> nobody was harrassed
[14:41] <KillaOR> if so i'll do it
[14:41] <snex_work> so blow me
[14:41] <snex_work> im sick of your bull**** Qwester
[14:41] <dmac> no striking
[14:41] <dmac> thats not wrestling
[14:41] <KillaOR> COME ONE
[14:41] <KillaOR> COME On
[14:41] <sephirothken> $50 on KillaOR
[14:41] *** Parts: unknownforce
[14:41] <snex_work> why is it that Qwester has to turn a normal conversation into a fight
[14:41] *** Joins: Spartacus
[14:41] <snex_work> keep your ****ing mouth quiet
[14:42] <Gimpyfish62> lol
[14:42] <dmac> killa you got what
[14:42] <dmac> 100 lbs on m
[14:42] <dmac> me probably
[14:42] <Qwester> last warning snex
[14:42] <dmac> lol
[14:42] <Spartacus> My balanga has a first name
[14:42] <snex_work> **** you Qwester
[14:42] <KonkeyDong> i got jack and his pals to come to fc, they joining my crew, we the international rapists
[14:42] <Gimpyfish62> i remember quester was the first one who actually helped me know what i was doing on this dc++ thing lol
[14:42] <snex_work> go ahead and kick me, you know wj will just ***** you out again
[14:42] <Spartacus> Monkeymike, you going to K days?
[14:42] *** Parts: Nyja
[14:42] <Gimpyfish62> quester and dienbienphu
[14:42] <snex_work> because you know this is BULL****
[14:42] *** Parts: dark_bat2
[14:42] <Ruler> asdf likes jkl;
[14:42] <Gimpyfish62> and wj too also
[14:42] <KonkeyDong> spartacus are u edmonton player
[14:42] <Gimpyfish62> lol
[14:42] <Boxx> ...
[14:42] <Smashbot> You've been temporary banned until 2005-07-13 01:42:55 by Qwester
[14:42] *** Disconnected

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
First off. The hub is in no way connected with the boards. We have a guide here on how to connect. Should you wish to contact someone about your ban, like I said my AIM is open. If you don't want to talk about it, fine, I don't really want to waste my time either.

Second. You are free to come back after your 12 hour ban. Should you warrant another, you'll have to abide by it.

Third. It is not your place to decide what is acceptable on the hub. If you want to take a three minute section of the hubs log to prove your innocence, I'm afraid it's a bit lacking.

W.J

Smash Ace
dude enought of being such a fagbag on the boards, dont post **** on the hub guide, and here u are complaining about homosexuals on the hub, your much worse than any homosexual ive met combined

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
W.J said:

K ill answer ur question, Knowing about frames and using the l/r button to cancel moves, is to know about lag on attacks, if you lcancel you can cut out most of the lag and this will make your character move faster
Thanks alot..but I found out shortly after I posted that last quote of mine. But thanks again for atleast answering the question :bigthumbu

Can you describe to me the "Death Cancel"?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Maelstrom said:
Can you describe to me the "Death Cancel"?
IIRC the death cancel was a joke topic. Nothing useful, considering you die. Though it does confuse people greatly

Btw, is anyone else expiriencing downtime with the Hub? or is it only Calgary.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Is the HUB down because of SNEX being banned, yesrteday on the Hub he kept threatning to take it Down.

W.J

Smash Ace
we dont know for sure if this is snex, but i for one will not tolerate his childishness,

[14:26] Its Not Oregano: making it so that only regged users can connect will not change my ability to flood the **** out of the hub
[14:27] WayneXJoseph: when u are being treated the same, i already told qwester that he isnt gonna touch u
[14:27] Its Not Oregano: not good enough
[14:27] WayneXJoseph: u cant spam flood the hub
[14:27] WayneXJoseph: if u cant get in
[14:27] Its Not Oregano: i dont need to
[14:27] Its Not Oregano: i just need to spam connections
[14:27] Its Not Oregano: and thats as simple as telnetting to you over and over
[14:27] Its Not Oregano: ill simply use up all of your ports
[14:27] WayneXJoseph: oh and i can send an ip log
[14:28] Its Not Oregano: send it to who rofl
[14:28] WayneXJoseph: abuse@comcast.net

MLRS

Banned via Administration
my parts to fix my compy will arrive in about 4 days, i'll be back soon. you all better have saved my seat.

W.J

Smash Ace
M3D and I have got to talking, so we are going to have live coverage at FC on the hub, He and BACH are going to be working together on this, and this will be good so we can get results by the second

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nice Live Coverage sounds great. Thanks BACH and everyone else pulling this together.

W.J

Smash Ace
ya its an idea all the ops had, we hope that we can possibly get to doing this with all major tourneys, im pretty sure m3d and bach being the ones who travel alot, can keep us up to date when possible, but this will work good on 2 ways, live update feeds, and having vids up asap

Edit: we got live coverage going down by M3D and BACH, we already got FCUpdate 1 up so be sure to catch em now

Top Bottom