• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ssbm Dc++ Hub Thread, #1 Resource For Vids, Read First Post!

grayfox

Smash Champion
Being the only person awake and on dc during all the updates (that i know of >_<) i can say <3 it's going awesome and congrats and thanks too all involved.

JB

Smash Rookie
Well, I hate to bother you all, but I seem to have a problem with my DC++0.674. Whenever I try to connect to ANY hub, I get the *** Connection timeout... message. I followed the instructions in the FAQ: I'm in passive mode and the address is correct (I've tried like 5 opther hubs). Please help. Any would be appreciated. :psycho:

EDIT: The hub isn't down is it? By the way you guys are tallking, I figured no.

grayfox

Smash Champion
WAYNE! Do your **** job for once and help these guys out. I would but i don't know what the problem is V_V

My suggestion is maybe you have a firewall that is blocking it.

EDIT: Thats too the first guy. Second guy, hmmz, go to settings->downloads and then chose a set default downloads directory and unfinished downloads directory. Make it the same folder is what i did and that sorted my problem.

W.J

Smash Ace
first guy its your firewall settings, the firewall is restricting access, check the guide on how to configure this, if you post your conneciton settings ie. router type if any, firewall etc, i can get specific,
second guy,check the guide in the first post there is a section on how to do the download directory part

Grayfox................. >_<

Tedric

Smash Cadet
Is this program safe, I mean they are connecting directly to your computer itself and if they are smart they can control your computer? Can they do that? Using this program. Just asking.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
In short, yes this computer is safe aslong as you employ a firewall. If you don't use a firewall.. browsing the internet isn't safe.

darque27

Smash Rookie
W.J said:
Check if your router/firewall is blocking traffic
how do you check if your firewall is blocking it. I never really learnt anything about firewalls. I have the same problem as boogyman, some times it works but most of the time it doesn't.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, if your dad wants to talk to me over AIM or MSN, I'll try and answer any questions he has. Check my profile for info.

W.J

Smash Ace
If everyone will be patient, i will be adding sections on how to go active, these sections will be much more specific, but will take a bit more time since i will be gettin screenshots to make it much more easier for you

snex

Smash Master
when you register your name on the hub the ops can all see your password. they can also do a command to show any user's password at will.

THEY NEVER NOTIFIED ANYBODY ABOUT THIS WHEN ASKING PEOPLE TO REGISTER ACCOUNTS.

anybody who uses the same password for multiple accounts is now in grave danger from the ops or anybody that hacks the hub and gains op access. this unsecure garbage needs to be removed NOW.

BlackLightning1

Smash Apprentice
snex said:
when you register your name on the hub the ops can all see your password. they can also do a command to show any user's password at will.

anybody who uses the same password for multiple accounts is now in grave danger from the ops or anybody that hacks the hub and gains op access. this unsecure garbage needs to be removed NOW.

On a related note qwester needs to be removed from mod.

W.J

Smash Ace
snex said:

OK THERE cuz you see someone hacking the hub everyday, there is no need to remove anything, all that has to be done is for a person to pm me (WJ if it isnt obvious) and just ask for the pw to be changed, the op can not see the password he can only set the password to register the account. This has to be investigated into further more, and i will deal with it, there is nothing to be worried about. the fact wtih the show command, that has been taken from the ops, they are not able to see the show password command, in order to see the password, it has to be done directly from the Hub software, and this is ONLY done in the process of changeing a password

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
idk what happened to WJ but he's havin problems with this t-storm and all

screw all of what i said, hub has returned :x

snex

Smash Master
oh by the way, i distinctly remember both wj and kubuu saying that if qwester ever took action against me again, then his key would be GONE (in other words, to prove the mods werent biased against me, only other mods would be allowed to do anything). well, yesterday, qwester banned me several times during the argument where he refused to reset anybody's insecure password which he could view.

it is now time for wj to live up to his word and remove qwester from ops PERMANENTLY.

Pjv

Smash Apprentice
Hi all. When I try to connect the program crashes.
Here is the error message. Link
Can anyone help me, please? Thanks in advance :)

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering if someone could help me get an Avatar and the Banner thing that people have in their signature. If someone can I'd be REALLY greatfull :estatic:

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Pjv said:
Hi all. When I try to connect the program crashes.
Here is the error message. Link
Can anyone help me, please? Thanks in advance :)

Do you use Windows 98? Try deleting the program, downloading a fresh copy, and re-installing it. If that doesn't work, you've got a bigger problem on your hands.

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
See that a lot of people always ask where they can find videos of pros playing, why not just change the name of this topic to something like "SSBM DC++ Hub, the place for pro videos"?

I think it would remove a lot of the annoying topics being made for this matter.

W.J

Smash Ace
Spammers will not be tolerated on the hub
[15:31] <PC.Chris> lol yeah all the turtles are really smart
[15:31] <anybody-else> why is Qwester still a mod
[15:31] <Kitsune> Shield camp?
[15:31] <Umbreon> yeap
[15:31] <lalala> indeed
[15:31] <Umbreon> also the best way to win zelda dittos
[15:31] <Umbreon> shield camp
[15:42] <anybody-else> why is Qwester still a mod
why is Qwester still a mod
[15:45] <somebody-else> why is Qwester still a mod
[15:45] <somebody-else> why is Qwester still a mod

for those who do not know, that spammer = snex and that action is not tolerated

snex

Smash Master
why are corrupt mods who:

1) kick and ban people for no reason,
2) refuse to patch a HUGE security hole whereby mods can see user passwords,
3) threaten to abuse those same passwords for personal revenge,
4) directly disobey commands not to kick certain users

tolerated? one can only guess.

snex

Smash Master
you cant get in unless they set up a password for you. a password that all the mods can see so make sure it isnt a universal password, because certain mods have threatened to abuse them.

W.J

Smash Ace
[16:36] Its Not Oregano: now youre just forcing me to attack your open port
[16:36] Its Not Oregano: which is 10 times worse than spam
[16:36] Its Not Oregano: or you can end this all and remove qwesters ops
[16:38] WayneXJoseph: **** you
[16:38] WayneXJoseph: ***** *** *****
[16:38] Its Not Oregano: no, **** you
[16:38] WayneXJoseph: your not gettin in
[16:38] Its Not Oregano: youre the one who refuses to listen to reason
[16:38] WayneXJoseph: if your a spamming ******

We do not tollerate this type of behavior

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
snex said:
why are corrupt mods who:

1) kick and ban people for no reason,
2) refuse to patch a HUGE security hole whereby mods can see user passwords,
3) threaten to abuse those same passwords for personal revenge,
4) directly disobey commands not to kick certain users

tolerated? one can only guess.
1) Reasons you refuse to accept as legitimate. The content of a couple of the posts above me give more than enough reason to exclude you from the hub even if you'd shown perfect behaviour at all other times.
2) I couldn't do anything about this 'hole' there was no solution that could undo the damage done. Your suggestion at the time would only have made a fuss for users it didn't affect.
3) There was no threat. If you choose to interpret someone telling you to correct your own mistake as a threat that's your own prerogative. Just don’t expect others to take anything you say seriously.
4) You are not exempt from the rules, break them and you will be punished, that is a fact. Live with it.

snex on AIM said:
- [11:24] Its Not Oregano: i dont need to get in to crash your hub *******
- [11:24] WayneXJoseph: orfl
- [11:24] WayneXJoseph: rofl
- [11:25] Its Not Oregano: all i have to do is open as many connections to the hub as i want and your machine will be full
- [11:25] Its Not Oregano: its actually rather simple

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
*** Connecting to smash.servegame.com...
*** Connection refused by target machine

Maybe qwester should just take one for the team and leave OPs. We really dont NEED that many ops. the only reason we need one is becuase of snex, and snex wouldnt be a problem if that op wasnt there anyway.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, if snex feels that something should be how HE wants it, he should get it?

snex has always been a problem and he will always continue to be a problem.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
snex is a f***ing pus*c lol, "he threatened me wit a password". wtf, how will qwester not being a op benefit u snex? just stoppin being an a$$ and f*** off.
(i dont know the whole situation, but if it involes snex, it must include something homosexual).

gunhoe86

Smash Rookie
hhmmm, this is strange. I could not connect to smash.servegame and kept getting the error, "Connection refused by target machine" but I connected to gamers.homeftp.net just fine...... any ideas as to what this error means. I'm running DC++ with an active configuration that I'm pretty sure I set up correctly.

Thanks,

~JOSH

Top Bottom