• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ssbm Dc++ Hub Thread, #1 Resource For Vids, Read First Post!

HAHAHACHOO

Smash Cadet
I am having problems installing the Dcplusplus program, i have already downloaded it, its just that everytime i try to install it some error pops up saying that it cant write the file and if you retry it the error still pops up

W.J

Smash Ace
hmm did you try using bcdc++? ill check it out and see what can be done, im thinkin that you must be missing a dll which is required. ill see what i can do

Dodger

Smash Ace
I am having a problem similar to Omegablackmage's. I used the hub once, and it worked fine. But every subsequent attempt to open DC++ causes it to crash. I am using version 0.670 and the error message that I get is

"DC++ has just encountered a fatal bug and should have written an exceptioninfo.txt the same directory as the executable. You can upload this file at http://dcplusplus.sf.net/crash/ to help us what happened. (Please do not report this bug in the bug tracker unless you know the exact steps to reproduce it...) go there now?"

So yeah, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

W.J

Smash Ace
hmm it seems that dc++ is seeming to have this error occuring quite frequently, i would recommend trying out BCDC++ the link can be found on the first page, get back to me if you are still haveing issues

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO Aftermath XD *dies*

Its things like that that makes the hub the best place on e-arth. Ill break your record some day! ;)

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
how do i connect with other people. and get there share files. cause when i click on get files. nothing esle shows up.

W.J

Smash Ace
*sigh* did you even read the faq, because you have to set up according to that, if you are on passive mode, then you cant connect to passive, only active.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
i mad sure im active. i even got the ip port on. its just that i cant do anything after get files. when i click get file list nothin happnes. except that there name shows at the bottom

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
Ok, people can upload from me but I can't connect to anyone, it just says "connecting" then maybe "connection timeout" when I try and get a file list. Could this be from a firewall-type deal? I'm afraid my college network installed one over spring break. What a raw deal. Help please.

W.J

Smash Ace
hmm thats strange, you say that people can download from you?
but you cant download from anyone, this could be due to the firewall, it is mostlikely a port problem, perhaps the College blocked a port(sometimes blocked to save bandwith etc.) i presume that you are on a passive connection, if so, you should try downloading from an active user ( ones with no brick wall) you can contact me on the hub for help pm WJ or you can catch me on aim at WayneXJoseph

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
Well, I had someone downloading from me last night, all though no one had connected to me in a while it seems. Just what I was afraid of, I got an email saying the network stuff they did over spring break was to increase bandwidth, have better security, blah blah blah. I'll bet that's what it is, they probably closed a port I need. By the way, I'm on an active connection.

W.J

Smash Ace
oic well the ports taht are used by the hub are 411, 1411, 23 so if you are unable to get from one, then try connecting to say smash.servegame.com:23, or smash.servegame.com:1411
you may also want to try a passive setting, and see what works

losvedir

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone managed to get it to work on a Mac running OS X 10.3? I can't seem to. :-(

All I want is an Ice Climber's video, and captain jack doesn't have any!

I got DC for mac downloaded, and could get on to their servers that they had there, but I couldn't connect to this one's... smash.no-ip.com or whatever. Does it just not work for us?

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
I know his hub is down, if it ever is down go to

gamers.homeftp.net

you can get files from other users there, the more that know about it the better it can be

W.J

Smash Ace
my hub was havin a problem for a bit, it is due to the ethernet card, however, i am mostlikely buying a new ethernet card this week, so no worries

Masamune

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem with dc++ now. When I search, I only get 6-7 files that I can download, even when I just type "Fox". Why?

W.J

Smash Ace
I believe that it could do with you being in passive mode, since passive mode does have restrictions, it is best to go to active, if you would like to go to active, just post here

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
hey im wonderin if any other people that live on a college campus cant get on the hub. I cant get on the hub when i use the college's connection anymore(which is why i havent been on the hub for awhile). Maybe have a way to fix the problem ;x

W.J

Smash Ace
i know exactly what the problem is, most if not all colleges block a required port for dc, port 411, so to solve this problem you can connect to smash.servegame.com:23 , or smash.servegame.com:1411, that should solve the problem, since our hub uses ports, 411, 23, and 1411, Only if 411 is blocked use the other ports, you can run a port scan at This link tho 411 may appear, if you are having problems connecting, it could be either inbound/outbound connections that are blocked

SadPanda

Smash Cadet
What is wrong? I am trying to get active to work. I put in my correct IP address, I put in available ports, but I don't get any search results and I can't connect to people. HELP ME!

W.J

Smash Ace
ok, make sure the ip address you are getting, is not the address for your router, the port number has to be above 1024, also you have to check with your firewall if access is allowed. when you forward ports for DC++, MAKE SURE THE TCP AND UDP PORTS ARE THE SAME NUMBER

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
They don't have to be the same number, you just have to make sure you forward a port for both UDP and TCP.

W.J

Smash Ace
First make sure you have DC++/BCDC++ or macdc if you run a mac
then go to file quick connect-> type the hub address here
smash.servegame.com

HardcorePichu

Smash Rookie
None of the DC++ versions on this thread work for a macintosh running OS9 (not OSX) is there one that will work for OS9?

Top Bottom