• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ssbm Dc++ Hub Thread, #1 Resource For Vids, Read First Post!

Hoefler

BRoomer
It keeps telling me that the connection is being actively refused by the machine. Someone please tell me what this means and how I can fix it so I can connect. :confused:

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
The first post has the answer to all your questions. It wasn't writtten so people could just skip over ya know :)

Under troubleshooting, there's a fix for "ANY connection problems"

Hoefler

BRoomer
OK, if anyone is familiar with Norton Internet Security, how do I configure my firewall to allow DC++? Everytime I log on I have to drop my firewall for a few moments while I load up the application. Again, help. (I don't believe the first post pre-empted this problem ;) )

The Bino

Smash Lord
can someone please assist me with this cuz whenever i try this (it is stated in the troubleshooting section) but it still tells me that it is actively refused even when i do this

I keep getting this message when trying to connect

*** Connecting to ...
*** Address not available

This shows that you haven't put the correct address into your settings. Try putting smash.servegame.com or 198.53.116.53 into the address field.

Please someone assist

The Bino

Smash Lord
W.J said:
Use smash.servegame.com dont usse 198.53.116.53 if you insist on using an IP you could try 198.53.127.137
sorry that didn't work either... can someone please solve my problem or try to... every time i try to connect it tells me this

*** No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

am i doing something wrong here

so is anyone ever gonna answer my ? at all... i would love to get into the hub

dizzy

Smash Journeyman
"*** A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

I've already tried connecting to smash.servegame.com as well as two different IP addresses given in this topic. Same response every time. I've also tried connecting with both Passive and Direct connections, with no luck. I get the above message every time. I've succeeded in connecting to several other hubs, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Is the smash hub just down or is there something wrong on my side?

Peachtress

Smash Ace
I'm having issues. The program (DC++) is already installed into my system. However, it won't actively open due to a "bug". It's most likely a issue with my system, but keeps refering me to the site, though. (Telling me it'll debug it or something, and apparently not working -.-)

Help?

-LeX

usea

Smash Ace
I just moved into the dorm at school, and it seems that it's impossible for me to connect to the hub with this school connection. I might look into an SSH tunnel or something, but in the meantime I won't be on the hub for a while <:(

W.J

Smash Ace
yo ross, try connecting to smash.servegame.com:1411 if that doesnt work just msg me and ill try to open up a port that does work

BALN

Smash Rookie
I, too, am getting a
[15:00:45] *** No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
error. Is there a solution to this problem yet or did people stop caring? :(

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
this was unstickied?

you guys snex is wandering around in the hub. Everyone should go back on the hub. cmon guys its awesome.

edit: snex left guys. dont come to the hub. no one is on anymore.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
resticky this thread??

The hub is down right now and I dont know where to display my internet shenanigans :L

Sliq

Smash Master
If you guys are having trouble with the hub, just do a barrel roll and you should be good to go. cunt

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
*** Connecting to smash.servegame.com...
*** Connected
<Smashbot> YnHub version: 1.033 produced by Yoshi and Nev.
<Smashbot> Current user count: 47 after 21:12:34 uptime
<-Smashbot> Current sharesize is: 2.55 TiB
<Smashbot> You've been disconnected because the negotiation between your client and the hub took too long
*** Connection closed

in this case, what should i do?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The hub has been down for a few weeks, which makes me sad. I used to idle there and talk to the WC guys who never sleep.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i am actually very interested in knowing how this hub has been a part of swf and for how long.

is it really that much better than youtube for quality or resourcefulness of vids?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it really isn't that much more useful, but the people there are awesome. were awesome.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Wow!! this brings back memories haha. I went on this thread several months before I registered to these forums. I registered as soon as I pretty much learned all the advanced stuff (l-cancel,wavedash, shffl) then challenged the world lol.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
The hub needs to come back. It was the center of smash, even moreso than Smashboards, in the early history of Melee. A lot of awesome drama came out of it.

Youtube may be a better way to get videos around but thats not what made the hub special. The chat was what everyone logged in for. The hub was how everyone got better before Youtube :/

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its always Hyuga, Frotaz, Ender, SuperRad! and me reading all their conversations without saying anything because nobody talks to me :(

Top Bottom