• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ssbm Dc++ Hub Thread, #1 Resource For Vids, Read First Post!

X Japan

Smash Lord
Amorasaki said:
I am un-stickying this topic now for a couple of reasons:

-Smashboards has no official relationship with the hub, they are seperate things. People aren't realizing this and are confusing the two.

-The hub has been the source of a lot of very childish drama as of late.

-We now have video forums that also help get people connected with smash vids.

1st off yes Smashboards has no official relationship with the hub, but its a big part of the smash community. its been a big part since Kubuu stated it like 2 years ago just so ppl around the world who plays smash can talk live about vids, **** talk, and plan stuff out with ppl going to tournies together which limits a lots of mess on the boards. for you to un-sticky the thread now is crazy. i mean come on d@mn near everyone on the boards go to the hub and the new ppl that comes to the site are gonna be heading to the Hub soon and they going to be asking "how this **** work" so you might as well have it sticky so ppl can always find it and ask questions.

yes the hub has been the source of a lot of very childish drama, but ask yourself this. . . would you rather have it on the hub or on the boards. you having to deal with it or WJ. done

yes you have video forums, but that should have been up before when the whole hub thing got started and as i said in the 1st paragraph tha leads to a lot of unneeded mess. mic closed Oro's thread in that section and their's a lot of bs post in that section due to the lack of modness in that section(well thats everywhere). point blank the whole smash scene gone to h3ll in a handbasket lately due to the lack and abuse of mod powers within the discussion, tourney, and video section. their's some ppl who are mods and really shouldn't be. i'm not saying no names since that will get me banned and i like this name. but dude if you got someone that made a thread that addresses that the mods here are not doing their jobs or abusing their powers and everyone is fussing about it then that means something is wrong.

straying from the point this shouldn't be unsticky, if you do that then you might as well unsticky the MLG threads and other tournies within the tourney section since Smashboards has no official relationship with MLG and the other tournies.

Zero34

Smash Lord
im still lost..

how do i search for videos?

for example, if i wanted to search for a particular player, how do i do that?

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
First Post said:
Search

Click on the search button(magnifying glass at the top) or press ctrl+s.
Enter the name of the file you wish to search for. Once you click Search or hit enter, the Search should show some results.
Note that as long as the search window is open, you will continue to receive search results.
Once you find your file just double click on it and it will begin to download.
If that doesn't give you results, please refer to the part about setting up active mode (also in the first post).

W.J

Smash Ace
if you are in passive it will search only active users, in order to get more files switch to active, get your ip from www.whatismyip.com and then forward your ports using the guide, make sure your TCP and your UDP are the same port, once this is done inn order to make sure that they are forwarded correctly go to http://connect.majestyc.net and fill in the informatioin there, this site will test to see if your ports are forwarded corrrectly or not, most of the time when people think they set up actvie right its still not forwarded right, so just make sure that you check on that site

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nope, it's been up all day.

Check out your connection. You might need to set up active mode before a connection can be made to the hub, check out the first post for details - or press f1 with DC++ open. If it's still not making sense, post any specific troubles you're having here or hit me up on IM (details in my profile).

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
It works for me...

I have a question -- I can connect to smash.servegame.com and chat and everything but I can't connect to any user. Even users that I used to be able to connect to I am unable to connect to now. What's going on? I'm in Active Mode, everything should work fine. What's up?

btw, If this thread gets unstickied, there'll be a whole bunch of posts in the Melee Discussion about how do set up DC ++ and how do to this, that .. etc... Why not leave it stickied?

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your external IP might have changed. Check that all the settings you've entered for active mode are up to date. Otherwise, your ISP may be blocking ports and you might need to specify another. Basically, active mode isn't set up correctly.

If you're using a dorm connection, they might have blocked direct connect.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Qwester said:
Your external IP might have changed. Check that all the settings you've entered for active mode are up to date. Otherwise, your ISP may be blocking ports and you might need to specify another. Basically, active mode isn't set up correctly.

If you're using a dorm connection, they might have blocked direct connect.
Hmm... I haven't specified any ports, but it always used to work even with the ports left blank. I updated my IP but I still can't connect to anyone. I even tried filling in some random ports between the numbers it specified in the 'help'. Still doesn't work. Man! Hope someone can help!

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
For active mode to work, it needs two things. Your external IP, and open ports. If the IP you've put in is correct, the ports dc is using are obviously not open.

If you're behind a router, you need to go into your routers settings and.. forward some ports! You should be able to find instructions on how to do that in your routers instructions. If you don't have a router, it's probably down to your firewall.

If you're living in a dorm, there's various complications aswell. I really need more information that 'it doesn't work' to make a valid deduction. Most of the info you will need is in the first post, else there's a link to the info you'll need in the first post. I know it's not the most organised (silly WJ) but it's all there is you just take the time to read through it.

Dalal

Smash Ace
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/1000hw/DC++.htm

I followed the little tutorial they had on the site to forward ports. I finished forwarding to DC++ but I'm still experiencing the following problems:

1) I can't connect to anyone, but they can download from me
2) Search never returns results
3) I'm getting annoyed

Also, I'm able to connect to the hub, just wanted to clarify. I can chat and everything. I just can't connect to any user. That's it. And any search doesn't return results.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Yes!! It's working again. Thanks for all the help.

I don't know it was kind of strange. Someone suddenly started downloading from me. So I tried to connect to him just to check, and voila, I connected. After that, I could connect to anyone.

EDIT: Wait... there's still one minor problem I just figured out. Even when I search for something like 'fox' in DC++ it doesn't return any results. What should I do to fix this problem?

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sounds like you're in passive mode, or something still isn't set up correctly in active.

Again, all this info is in the first post. If active mode is set up correctly, you won't have any problems.

Joker

Smash Ace
:laugh: Hey....HEY!!!!!!!
Someone post up the new address here so losers like me can get it again. :laugh:

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
My problem is that when I connect, it tells me my username is registered and that I need to enter a password.

I don't recall setting up a password. : /
Is there a way for me to reset this password?

I think I'm temp banned now too.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
I can't get into the hub,but like 2 weeks ago I could.The address is correct still, and my username password are still logged. Any idea why?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Just so everyone knows, I'm moving so I won't be able to get on DC++ for a while. Sorry WJ. I'll be back after Christmas.

jukebox_hero

Smash Rookie
can anybody help me? I set up DC++ in both active and passive mode and tried to connect to the hub, but i can't. i get the connection timeout error... the thing is, I can connect to any other hub i want in the public list. Any ideas?

indoki

Smash Rookie
Some information for Mac users:

As of right now Direct Connect (Latest 1.1) is filled with bugs and can barely run on 10.4 (Tiger). Also I believe that the project is currently in-active and the developer's (NeoModus) website contains no information pertaining to the client anymore. Furthermore the alternative client MacDC++ has only an early alpha-build of their client available right now.

So I would like to point out the ShakesPeer client (http://shakespeer.sourceforge.net/). I currently use this on OS X 10.4 and it works great with the hub.

If this has been listed before sorry, and if not hopefully this will clear things up for the other Mac users out there.

pastEvil

Smash Rookie
Im not even close to a noob how abawt i send a show of me figting of a real figt

ps:i dont look like one

grayfox

Smash Champion
O___________O my pc got pwned several times and it lost all my dc data. I had my password as autoconnect ages ago and now that it's gone i can't remember it ._. Can someone pm me it if they can get it somehow. <3

pastEvil

Smash Rookie
chachala ha ca <.....................................................................................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................................................................>
pac man

pastEvil

Smash Rookie
And let the Gray conker allll buaaaaaabuaaaabuaaa cockaroach Argggggg-----------------------------------------------

Luma

Smash Lord
1 question

what version of dc++ is this in the first post because i got another, there is something with passive too (Firewall Passive, last Resort)

i klicked on it but i cant still download

status goes frome connecting to connection timed out and back to connecting

Fl_Gulfer

Smash Rookie
I have several people in my DC++ Blues Hub and they are having problem's with there uploads slowing, dieing, then they restart and slowly die again over and over, Yet it only does this on DC++. Has anyone found a fix for this problem? Or any insite.
This only happens with DC++ It works fine with out P2P programs.

Top Bottom