• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ssbm Dc++ Hub Thread, #1 Resource For Vids, Read First Post!

W.J

Smash Ace
Yes, the address is smash.servegame.com when you connect wtih that schools usuually block port "411" the one regularly use for filesharing, as an alternative you can connect to smash.servegame.com:1411 or smash.servegame.com:23

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
Wow, thanks alot, the port 23 one works

Edit:

for some reason I can't connect to people, although I can get connected to the smash hub

noob-lube69

Smash Journeyman
WJ, my school's internet connection blocks some of the ports that programs like DC++ uses, and I am unable to connect to the hub from my dorm room. Is there any other way to connect or am I ****ed?

Shwn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, lately i've been finding that I can't connect to anyone.
When I try to search a desired character (for example) I may get a few results and i'm quite sure there are more results I should be getting.

W.J

Smash Ace
your in passive mode, since most users are in passive you cant connect to them, however if you use the guide to get into active mode, then you can connect and get much more results and access to all the vids, if you are on active mode now and u dont get results its not setup correctly

Zero34

Smash Lord
im still lost..

how do i search for videos?

for example, if i wanted to search for a particular player, how do i do that?

snex

Smash Master
dont even bother folks. if you speak an opinion that the mods disagree with, you will be banned. it doesnt matter if you arent breaking any rules or being disruptive. as long as somebody arbitrarily feels offended, you will be removed and nobody will speak on your behalf. boycott this hub until somebody that can run it maturely makes a new one.

W.J

Smash Ace
intolerance is prohibited, it DOES matter when you are breaking rules and it DOES matter when you are being disruptive, until you can learn to come on with a respectful attitude, i do not know, i though i could go out on a limb and give you a chance but it was the same behavior as before

Zero34 you can type /search in the main chat and it will find for you, if you do not get results, then you can try switching to active mode, there is a guide in the first post on how to do so

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Snex, maybe if you weren't a 4 year old you wouldn't get banned so much.

Got an issue? Send a PM

snex

Smash Master
mic_128, what you really mean to say is that if the hub wasnt run by nazis who employ censorship on people they dislike and let people they like get away with anything they want, i wouldnt get banned so much.

this hub smacks of so much favoritism that it makes me puke. you have to have your nose 3 inches up a mods anus to get minimal fair treatment.

tsetse

Smash Lord
snex said:
mic_128, what you really mean to say is that if the hub wasnt run by nazis who employ censorship on people they dislike and let people they like get away with anything they want, i wouldnt get banned so much.

this hub smacks of so much favoritism that it makes me puke. you have to have your nose 3 inches up a mods anus to get minimal fair treatment.
No, I have never been banned and I have had disagreements with several other guys on the hub of course I never threaten or say inappropriate things that would get me in trouble unlike SNEX.

snex

Smash Master
right because im the only one who ever says anything offensive or controversial.

[2005-08-23 11:48] <Yuna-chan> Now Makenshi is asking me if I've ever made love to another guy.
[2005-08-23 11:48] <Doraki> lool
[2005-08-23 11:49] <NJ'zFinest> Winamp(5.09) playing (Chrono Cross - Another World - 128kbps) - (02:22 [|---------])
[2005-08-23 11:49] *** Parts: Aids
[2005-08-23 11:49] <Doraki> he's very interested in you
[2005-08-23 11:49] <Yuna-chan> CJ asked me if it was good
[2005-08-23 11:49] <[CU]dobby> in bed?
[2005-08-23 11:49] <NJ'zFinest> ew yuna
[2005-08-23 11:49] <Yuna-chan> (I swear, I'm not making any of this up o_O)
[2005-08-23 11:49] <NJ'zFinest> yuna, u can stop talkin now
[2005-11-20 17:24] <GamingFreak> i alwas ake it a point to call you a ******
[2005-11-19 13:20] <WJ> no
[2005-11-19 13:20] <WJ> gannon is a Sand ******
[2005-11-19 13:20] <WJ> not a ****** tho
[2005-11-19 13:20] <WJ> hes a sand ******
[2005-11-20 01:33] <Trevyn> I actually have a bullet right here
[2005-11-20 01:33] <Trevyn> LOL
[2005-11-20 01:33] <Trevyn> I should write on it
[2005-11-20 01:33] <Trevyn> snex
[2005-11-20 01:33] *** Parts: SWFLurker021
[2005-11-20 01:33] <Trevyn> a bullet with your name on it
[2005-11-20 01:34] <Trevyn> I"m holding it
[2005-11-20 01:34] <snex> did you get that from the civil war battlefield gift shop?
[2005-11-20 01:34] <Trevyn> right now
i have a whole log full of more of the same. why dont these people get banned as well?

W.J

Smash Ace
maybe because they dont do anything NEARLY as extreme as you, now this is a DC++ FAQ guide which helps users, stay the **** out of this thread snex, no one needs to hear it if you really got a problem open some other thread somewhere else

snex

Smash Master
you are not a mod here and you do not control who posts here. your delusions of grandeur only apply on your hub, not to the rest of the world.

regardless of whether or not the things i say are more extreme, i get banned for EXACTLY the same things that my log shows others getting away with. either punish them equally or accept your status as a hypocrite.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
But I do. You post about this again, I'll ban you. Seriously Snex, get over yourself.

Maybe they "get away" with it because they are generally not asshats like you are now. Take your banning like a man. Keep it up and you'll have one from here too.

snex

Smash Master
ban me for what? what rules are being violated here? mods may get away with abuse on some hub run by no official members, but do you honestly think you will get away with it here? your very threatening of me could lead to your loss of modship.

and maybe they get away with it because the hub is run by unfair immature children, and my complaints about it here are perfectly on topic and appropriate.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No it's not. Your issue is with WJ so send him a PM. And I meant warn, not ban. Like I'm doing now.

snex

Smash Master
mic_128 said:
No it's not. Your issue is with WJ so send him a PM. And I meant warn, not ban. Like I'm doing now.
no, my issue is with the hub and its policies. therefore i will post in the HUB thread. you do not have the authority to bully people out of threads that you do not want them in when they are not breaking any rules.

W.J

Smash Ace
like he said snex, step off that, if you want you can pm me, this is to help set up, its not some thread for you to whine, if you REALLY got a serious problem why dont u start some thread and ill argue with u there perhaps in debate hall, i dont know how it works, point is step off, you already got warned

snex

Smash Master
this is a thread for issues with the hub. your poor managment is a hub issue. you make it a horrible place for the community to gather, and it must be made clear to all.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
As for now, just consider the hub and forums as wholly seperate things. If snex is addressing issues that appear to be genuine, regarding the hub, and breaks no rules here, there should be no problem. The mods of the hub are free to argue with him here as well, provided they don't break rules either.

W.J

Smash Ace
this is a thread for connection issues and a how-to for setting up its not for you to whine for being banned when you do dumb ****, as the title says, read first post, it shows how to connect, if you had brought down your behavior to a reasonable level we woudl not be in this predicament would we? dont go whining and compaing about 'abusive' ops when they kick you for being disrespectful

snex

Smash Master
if you had removed ops that abused their power, we wouldnt be in this predicament, would we? if you didnt endorse their actions by allowing them, we wouldnt be in this predicament, would we? if you didnt create ambiguous rules on purpose so that you could use them against those you already disliked, we wouldnt be in this predicament, would we? if you banned everybody that ever did anything that i got banned for, we wouldnt be in this predicament, would we?

dont try to place the blame on me. i did nothing that broke any rules, and now you want to cry when i expose your abuse to the world in the thread. well too bad. deal with your problems, they arent going to disappear.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
snex is one of the funniest guys alive. Really. Calling other people delusional. This should go on awhile, at least until a mod here gets tired of it, as the ops in the hub have. :)

W.J

Smash Ace
Rolling
On
The
Floor
Laughing
My
F***ing
Off

MAN i am a abusive mother ****er, kicking people that are disrespectful, and then kicking them when they are trying to evade bans to spam, what was i thinking

snex

Smash Master
failing to kick anybody else for the same exact actions. allowing people to be kicked for nothing at all. being disrespectful yourself. allowing mods to disrespect others (in fact, your very rules state that mods are exempt from rules. what kind of crap is that?). you run the hub like a high school child. your blathering on here only proves my case. you fail to present any evidence or a coherent argument. you desperately want others to believe you, but you know my accusations are correct.

why dont you just own up to your mistakes and fix them, instead of continuing to dig yourself deeper?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
snex, you're the one with the shovel, not him. I guess people who have convinced themselves that their convoluded thoughts are correct are almost impossible to change. Then again, I should know that. It took me nearly killing myself until I realized that fact.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
snex said:

then why the **** do you come in everyday if it makes you puke are you that much of a ****ing *******? no wait don't answer we all know the answer already why bother asking. you know the answer to that too which makes it even funnier cause you would think of yourself as a *******.

snex

Smash Master
nobody is interested in your fallacious reasons for believing in an imaginary being jf. if you want to debate that, go to the debate hall.

the issue here is that the hub is managed improperly, and unless you plan to offer some evidence that this is not the case, i suggest you keep your uninformed opinion to yourself.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
snex said:
nobody is interested in your fallacious reasons for believing in an imaginary being jf. if you want to debate that, go to the debate hall.

the issue here is that the hub is managed improperly, and unless you plan to offer some evidence that this is not the case, i suggest you keep your uninformed opinion to yourself.
when did I say anything about that? You just brought up an irrelevant point, and you're claiming we have no evidence and no areguement? snex, i wish you could see the absurdities in the things you say as easily as you seem to be able to see them in the things others say. (even when no such absurdities exist).

You are the epitome of hypocrisy and arrogance.

W.J

Smash Ace
ok snex, when it says ops are exempt from the rules, think of this, when a police officer speeds to catch a criminal who has stolen or has broken the law, or even an ambulance speeds to save a person, they are speeding which would be breaking the law if someone else woud do it, however there is a different legislation under them, this same way there are different things which apply to the ops but apply to the users inorder for the ops to do their job, like i said, if you werent so harsh with your comments, there would be no issue here, and yes snex others have been kicked for **** you pull, however others have not tried to flood my ports unlike a certain someone

snex

Smash Master
1) you have no evidence that i flooded any ports, hence your inability to post it in the past when i demanded it.
2) you (and other ops) have not permanently banned anybody else.
3) you (and other ops) let many people who you favor slide 100% of the time.
4) your police officer analogy fails miserably. your ops are allowed to spam, harrass, ban for no reason, and do pretty much anything else they want without repercussion. you have NEVER chastized an op for ANY action taken by them, despite your claims to the contrary. nor can you provide any evidence of any such chastizings.

just admit it wj, you have no respect for the smash community. you think the hub is your personal playground.

and jf once again chimes in without evidence or an argument. if i had him fighting on my side, id be convinced that i was wrong.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
I noticed snex never even tried to deny he wasn't a ******* hahaha wehats that say everyone?

W.J

Smash Ace
1) i have a firewall log showing your ip, 67.175.40.237 hmm who can that be
2) there are others that have been banned
3) if you think we are leaniant ask nintendoking, bloodofthefallen, and Mew2King
4)i look at the situation, when some dumb **** was done i stepped in, ie. when neo does some ****
5) i show more respect to the smash community than do you, you PURPOSELY say **** to start arguments, i dont know if you get a hard on or what the **** you get out of doing so.

Oh yeah
Originally Posted by snex
can someone say "Ad Hominem"

Top Bottom