• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I have a major announcement to make. First, I gotta be humble and say my bad for my trolling melee players (yes Austin RC that means you). I don't hate the game, I hate how people take it way too seriously and offend brawl players because its not exactly what they wanted. Anyway, I have an opportunity to come to SC for a writing residency program (my major is Creative Writing). I'm not going to into full details right now but if I get accepted then I'll be living in SC for a period of time. Of course this means I get to meet some SC smashers (I'll be in Spartansburg). I hope I get this ****.

Also, Casanova is too good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and Eric too.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU-vx0QH67c

and finally watch me get ***** by Boss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e43jD7wlrc

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
But sempai U could just ride to columbia. Then hitch a ride with guid and me. I think even daniel might come to this. Lol but regardless. I got some new pre pound ish to show u RC. I'm sure you'll be proud

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I really am the Gouken of South Carolina, huh? :D That's good because if Dill can't take me for whatever reason I now have a back up plan.

I'm bringing along my new pupil kodiakbear (William) who was lucky enough to win some $$ from some noobs the other day! His first real tournament, so I need to be there to advise him and support etc.

As for me I'm pretty much done with any seriousness involving this game. But I will gladly oversee the progress of my pupils.

And Ryu, I mean, Terrence, WE SHALL SEE HOW THAT YOSHI HAS PROGRESSED.

And god damn it Eric please go to something once

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
No it aint man, youre just playin him wrong. You got the smarts but youre playing defensive with Cody and thats now what hes about. Hes a frame traping, combo heavy, stun inducing, rush down based character.

Lareit

Smash Ace
getting "tournament level" good at mvc2/3 is stupid. The game isn't built for balance. Just play for fun, leave blazeblu and smash for competitive play.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
**** you. I will play whatever I want. You have no idea what youre talking about. Marvel 2 is the only unbalanced Marvel in the whole series. Also LOL if you think Smash is above Marvel. Im not saying Marvel is above Smash in terms of competitive play, but its close. And Blazblue? Are you ****ing serious? BB.....Balanced? WTF. Have you never seen Rachel Nu and Ara in CT? Or maybe Bang and Litchi in CS? I play fighting games and I know for a fact BB and Smash isnt the pinnical of competitive play. Anyways, Marvel for lyfe.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
....and my bad for being so agressive in my post lariet... I just reread it and it sounds kinda uncalled for. I couldve said the same thing in a nicer fashion. My bad.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Please add

Fenrir VII: SSBM-Fox, SSBB-Fox

Anybody know of events happening within an hour or so from Greenville?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
You wont be added. Ive been here for a year and havent been added.
Then I think somebody needs to make a new thread or get the owner of this one transferred to somebody else.. Any volunteers?

I would do it, but I wouldn't really be able to keep up with any current events, so an updated list of tournaments in the area would be missing...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
He's not really new, I remember his screen name... and his post count is...

Anyway.
There are Melee people scattered about Greenville. Ryzol is there but he doesn't really talk to the rest of us, but he's active on the boards still, frequently appearing in Melee discussion. He's alright last I checked, probably your best bet is to seek him out. I believe he goes to Furman? Though it's been a while.

Holymarth / Kidd is there too, his appearance in here is inconsistent at best, but it's hard to blame considering there is rarely anything note-worthy happening. He has a couple of friends - Jeff if I recall was pretty good.

Kodiakbear (William) just went to Greenville recently and ran through some noobs, taking money from them, so maybe those kids can be taught how to not suck, or whatever.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
He's not really new, I remember his screen name... and his post count is...

Anyway.
There are Melee people scattered about Greenville. Ryzol is there but he doesn't really talk to the rest of us, but he's active on the boards still, frequently appearing in Melee discussion. He's alright last I checked, probably your best bet is to seek him out. I believe he goes to Furman? Though it's been a while.

Holymarth / Kidd is there too, his appearance in here is inconsistent at best, but it's hard to blame considering there is rarely anything note-worthy happening. He has a couple of friends - Jeff if I recall was pretty good.

Kodiakbear (William) just went to Greenville recently and ran through some noobs, taking money from them, so maybe those kids can be taught how to not suck, or whatever.
Ah thanks. I might try to get with some of them at some point in the near future...

And yeah, I'm not new... just new to the area. I joined here in January of 04 under my old sn, and was pretty active in the tourney scene in FL for a number of years.

I switched to Brawl for something fresh when it came out, but the overall slowness and community made me switch back, so I'm mainly looking for Melee now, although I may still play Brawl if you ask real nice.

Steelia

Smash Champion
...My name is pink.

Anyway, been heavily considering a roadtrip for the sole purpose of Maylay, but I'm so lazy it's not even funny. Doesn't help I don't really know anyone else around, or what I would need to bring (besides a controller lol). Dayum. Need to look at my schedule again.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Charleston is closest to you :D there's three of us here, so four means TEAMS ARE POSSIBLE OMFG I LOVE TEAMS

Controller is typically all anyone needs to bring anywhere. A CONTROLLER IS A SMASHER'S LIFELINE.

Top Bottom