• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Snake Video Critique Thread!

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Really held your ground there, Ralph. Good stuff, but try to cook some of those nades longer. I had to learn that. Also, why are almost all the good snakes the RED one? You are, Fatal is I think, Draqo is, I am (though I'm pretty crappy) and some others.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Lol I don't cook grenades, because people without thinking for the most part avoid them as if they're about to explode anyway. :awesome: But then again that may just be my region. o-o

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I need someone to critique my scrubby Snake :F
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrDaZ5XCdcQ
I was doing good at the beginning but then I just started to suck.
You commit to Forward Tilt too much. When you use the first hit of Forward Tilt you always use the second hit regardless of if the first hit connects or not.

Also you use Mortarslides too liberally. You kept getting grabbed out of them because you'd do them from a standstill and the opponent picked up on that.

Also be careful about using your aerials in the ground..pretty risky.

Overall I like your Snake.

I'll critique anyone if they want but you have to ask me. ;)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Kuro vs Gallax game 1

Kuro vs Gallax game 2

Omfg i absolutely hate fighting marth. I don't understand it at all. Please critique and help me :( :( :( :(
Ya i still want a critque on this even though some things have changed. (e.g. not messing up tech skill, playing smarter). Because one thing hasn't changed...i still hate this matchup 100x more than mk.

Edit: Aimed at T.C. but anyone can.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Post has to be longer than your sig

And False, still very entertaining lol. I really liked that one of you vs. Jbandrew's DDD

So Fatal

Smash Master

Vs gnes(hi buddy<3) having played him twice I know it's really hard,You deff need more gernades, your spacing look well but without more nades it leaves to many openings. Also, try to keep the bannas away from diddy when possible. Work on DI and don't do super predictable air dodges, also dont run it back on stages u lost on, CP.

vs trela im not too experienced in the lucario mu but it seems like u need more gernades again and it seemed like you kept puting yourself in a bad position, like jumping off the stage to edge guard. same don't run it back on stages u lost do some CP.

there both so goood vs snake so you did pretty good man

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Only qualms i have about that match is keitaro failed his juggling so hard. And his offstage game. Friendlies :awesome:

Though that shield break was pretty funny :laugh:

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
first... why RC as CP?
you're snake... you hate RC..
DK does better than snake in RC in my opinion...
RC kill the camping game of snake...
also... Come down with Dair... is so bad... you don't have any hitbox at the sides... the best is Bair... have "sexy kick" effect and almost kill.
You need to camp more... snake is about grenades... and if you will team with a MK... both of you should master the C4 -> MK's UThrow kill... just watch some Ally & M2K and you will see that...
and something that i look.. you're quite slow... in teams you should be more agressive... more granedas... more DACUS... a lot of Ftilt and grabs...
and when you're getting back to the stage... don't Nair unless you're in the top of the stages... if you're getting back on a side... don't Nair... just go up all of you can... and try to evade the attack just with a airdodge....

i know a little of snake in teams.. sometimes I use it when i don't need to go MK.
Hope I can help you some...

Critique me... PLZ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYr3CZxyBqQ
I hate Snake/Marth matchup... is my personal worst matchup with snake... i really prefer play vs. Diddy or MK.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I thought RC was decent for Snake, but thanks for the critique., & yeah I usually do dacus, & camp more I've didn't have many opportunities for practice before this tourney lol.

EDIT Also could someone critique my singles vids please? =D

DOUBLE EDIT:I don't know alot about DK so that's why we cp'd to RC, & we had a MK. :awesome:

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
I thought RC was decent for Snake, but thanks for the critique., & yeah I usually do dacus, & camp more I've didn't have many opportunities for practice before this tourney lol.

EDIT Also could someone critique my singles vids please? =D

DOUBLE EDIT:I don't know alot about DK so that's why we cp'd to RC, & we had a MK. :awesome:
RC is decent for Snake. Just not so much against MK/DK and a few other characters. Although you did have a MK to save you from potential death traps, so It's not a bad choice.

I can do singles! Where is it again?

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
First thing is your grenades go offstage a lot. They need to stay and create more pressure, soft tossing or Z-dropping them on platforms makes it harder for Tink to land, and for ou to catch him.

DACUS is not a safe approach, especially against Tink.

Another important part of beating Tink is figuring out his projectile patterns, assuming he has any. For example, nearly every time you were mid range to long, he'd throw a bomb > boomerang. If you didn't move in, he'd usually finish with an arrow. I couldn't find too many more patterns, even after watching it a few times, so you did pretty well with that.

Once you get to kill percentages, camp like you'd camp any other character. The only time Tink has to approach is when he wants a kill. You soundly beat him in CQC, so take advantage.

You C4 placement/usage is good, but not so much with the mine. With Tink, use it more like you would C4, on platforms. Placing them right next to each other is kinda a waste as well.

Towards the end, with the jab cancels. SDI those up.

You also got his by his returning boomerang a few times, like at 2:57

2:34 - Nice kill :awesome:
3:56 was amazing
4:48 - You can throw items without dropping your shield

Sorry if this sounded kinda harsh, you did well. You just need to keep practicing.

Also, Tink is stupid

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
lol Thanks, & yeah. >_< I don't play the mu outside of him in my area so I don't know it all too well.

Also no lol it wasn't too harsh, it was informative of the tink mu so thanks for that as well. ^_^

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I'm going to comment on the youtube video since I prefer to point out things second by second and I don't want to miss too much.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I played a tink in wsf on the weekend, think I played the mu pretty well. We outcamp him somehow lol

Vids should be up today/tomorrow.

:phone:

Top Bottom