• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
GOD:

Meta Knight

TOP:

Snake
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
King Dedede
Marth
Diddy Kong

HIGH:

Wario
R.O.B
Olimar
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Pikachu
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Peach
Wolf

MIDDLE:

Toon Link
Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Luigi
Fox
Sonic
Sheik
Bowser
Yoshi
Ness

LOW:

Ike
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Lucas
Link
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Alright, I've come up with the definitive tier list, 2.0!

GOD

Sheik
Wario
Donkey Kong
Zero Suit Samus

Marth
Lucario
Diddy Kong
R.O.B
Zelda
Lucas

HIGH

Luigi
Pokemon Trainer
King Dedede
Ganondorf

MIDDLE

Ness
Pit
Olimar
Bowser
Peach
Link
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Mario
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco

LOW

Pikachu
Sonic
Samus
Kirby

BOTTOM

Captain Falcon
Fox
Wolf
Toon Link
Yoshi
Ike
Snake

Results courtesy random.org

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
ness should be at least low middle, and pokemon trainer should be middle. but lucas should move down along with link, cpt falcon should be low tier in the top.
rob should go to high,

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Snowstalkers list is perfect except for the fact that D3 should be #3 and sonic is a better character than fox.

other than that, its perfect.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
of course a fox main would say that, you all think you character is high tier and goes even with snake and MK....

rofl@peopleoverhypingtheircharacter...

and dont you dare say yall dont, cus ive seen it for myself

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
No KID.

I've actually seen some people there say they have the advantage over Snake lmao.

Fox might just be a better character then Sonic, but not by much.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i really do think fox has the advantage over snake, im not a fox main, i play mostly peach/olimar, however i DO use fox when coming across a snake, he has all the tools he needs to deal with snake, and with not much difficulty

laser spam blows up the grenades in his face

Utilt lock works on him until 50%

shine stall baiting snakes Utilt is a free Dair > whatever you want combo.

fox does very well against snake, and for the record, i also believe he's a better character than sonic, although i do believe both of them are very underrated.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Fox kind of outcamps Snake. In terms of actual fighting Snake wins. Fox ***** lack of match experience when the match pops up.

Snake does not get utilted until 50% if DI exists.

Shine stall baiting? Like shining offstage and waiting for the Snake to come over so you can dair him? That, uh, works? explain that

like the only thing keeping Fox out of low tier is a good kill move and outcamping a couple of people

gantrain05

Smash Master
Fox kind of outcamps Snake. In terms of actual fighting Snake wins. Fox ***** lack of match experience when the match pops up.

Snake does not get utilted until 50% if DI exists.

Shine stall baiting? Like shining offstage and waiting for the Snake to come over so you can dair him? That, uh, works? explain that

like the only thing keeping Fox out of low tier is a good kill move and outcamping a couple of people
as an approach, not offstage, how would that work at all? lol. you just full hop, shine stall, if he Utilts, you drop on his head with a Dair, if he doesn't you DJ away and space with a bair so he can't punish. snake wins in power and range, but fox is much faster and more agile, he has the tools to work around whatever snake dishes out.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Terios: whatchu' talkin' 'bout? Sonics been camping this thread for a while.

every scrub I know goes away in the end.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Fox is out of his melee
as an approach, not offstage, how would that work at all? lol. you just full hop, shine stall, if he Utilts, you drop on his head with a Dair, if he doesn't you DJ away and space with a bair so he can't punish. snake wins in power and range, but fox is much faster and more agile, he has the tools to work around whatever snake dishes out.
Ok.

Honestly, I don't think a smart Snake would fall for that by utilting anyway, and Fox is laggy enough out of the shine that a quick anybody could follow you and shieldgrab. That thing sounds like more trouble than it's worth, and overall you'd be better running away or something when he approached. Dair is a punishable (shieldgrabbable) approach in general.

Snake kills earlier and jab -> ftilt/grab gets kills well enough for Snake, but I've never played a really, really dedicatedly campy Fox, so

uh

iunno

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't see Ness reaching Mid. Like, at all.

Any Ness players mind explaining what has changed since the last tier list that would allow this to happen?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
GOD:

Meta Knight

TOP:

Snake
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
King Dedede
Marth
Diddy Kong

HIGH:

Wario
R.O.B
Olimar
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Pikachu
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Peach
Wolf

MIDDLE:

Toon Link
Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Luigi
Fox
Sonic
Sheik
Bowser
Yoshi
Ness

LOW:

Ike
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Lucas
Link
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Really nice list, you sure you didn't warp into the future and take it?

Nestec

Smash Ace
@ Nintendfreak

At this point in time, Ness' tournament results aren't good enough for him to go up to Middle. But regardless, I think he deserves to be above wherever Mario/Lucas/Samus/PT are. ABOVE them, not between or below any of them. >_<

And like someone said earlier, Ness and Yoshi's positions are interchangeable. Yoshi might be a bit higher because of his better match-up with MK, which I hear is near neutral.

But as a character/potential-wise, I honestly would have to say that Ness is on level with Ike. Ness is really not a bad character. He just lacks anything "OMFG hax" like other characters have. Although quick-and-early kills with Bthrow are impressive.

M.K

Level 55
At this point in time, Ness' tournament results aren't good enough for him to go up to Middle. But regardless, I think he deserves to be above wherever Mario/Lucas/Samus/PT are. ABOVE them, not between or below any of them. >_<

And like someone said earlier, Ness and Yoshi's positions are interchangeable. Yoshi might be a bit higher because of his better match-up with MK, which I hear is near neutral.

But as a character/potential-wise, I honestly would have to say that Ness is on level with Ike. Call me biased/inexperienced though, lol.
I agree. We have unpredictability on our side. Potential Wise, I think he is middle of Mid-Tier.
He is a solid character, I don't know HOW the hell Ike is above him, or Lucas for that matter.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You realise that the intrinsic properties of the spacies makes them all good choices against snake, since snake cant combo for crap, and he relies on singular hits to get his damage, it makes the fastfalling weakness of the spacies completely null.

personally i use wolf against snake, but thats besides the point.

fox is not advantaged to snake, and neither is wolf, and falco isnt either if the snake is smart enough to blow himself up to avoid the CG.

either way, fox is a really bad, really linear character, and sonic is better as an overall character.
its funny how it seems like all the mid tiers only have one thing keeping them out of low tier.

Fox-upsmash
Ike-Jabs
Luigi-Super fire punch.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
is this thread actual the official tier list... there as so many versions and it seems rather oppinionated, well not for chain-grabbers but for everyone else it does.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You realise that the intrinsic properties of the spacies makes them all good choices against snake, since snake cant combo for crap, and he relies on singular hits to get his damage, it makes the fastfalling weakness of the spacies completely null.
This isn't true. None of the sacies is a particularily good choice vs Snake. The best of them would be Wolf who goes even with him.
Snake can exploit Fox and Falcos weaknesses well enough: Crouch under lasers, KO them very early, outrange them, outlive them ...

fox is not advantaged to snake, and neither is wolf, and falco isnt either if the snake is smart enough to blow himself up to avoid the CG.
Exactly. Fox loses to Snake and so does Falco but only slightly.
Atm Wolf goes 5/5 with Snake but I think that there's still a lot of potential in Snake, that's still untapped since he isn't as overplayed as he used to be and it's very possible that snake will turn out to have the advantage over Wolf as well.

Fox-upsmash
Ike-Jabs
Luigi-Super fire punch.
I agree on the Fox part but Ike and especially Luigi are justified (Luigi has high tier potential)...

Ike is heavy, has amazing range, KO power and 2 really good AC aerials which can be directly followed uo with Jabs for a fast, fluent game. He also deals good dmg. His SideB and UpB can both be used to chase opponents.

Luigi is awesome. He has amazing KO power, a really good recovery and awesome comboes.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
You've been listening to trolls, son if you heard about Yoshi going nearly neutral with MK.
Yoshi actually IS one of the best characters to use against Meta (for what it's worth). Sadly, you're right that he doesn't go neutral anymore. Both boards are pretty much agreed that at the absolute PEAK of competition Yoshi goes about 4:6 with him...

If the Meta doesn't know how to fight Yoshi, though, it's significantly easier for Yoshi. The Meta Knight has to know the match-up to be at a real advantage.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im not going to disagree with you on luigi cus i dont know much on him,
but ike:

1. his f-air doesnt autocancel. it just has low lag, i actually **** ikes that think f-air is unpunishable/ACs.
2. Any ike main will tell you, that if ike had sonics jab, he would be border line unplayable.
also, about spacies.
1.you say they arent good choices against snake but you say that they all are close to even with them.
2. i didnt say they won the match, i said they are good choices compared to some other characters.
3. i dont think wolf goes even with snake now, even though its very close...

@orion

you just described everymatch in the game...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
KID, I never mentioned Ike's fair. I actually was referring to Nair and bair :p

I also didn't say that all the spacies go even with Snake...Fox is at least 35/65 for Snake and Falco is about 4/6 for Snake.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
Ike should be one of the top in the mid tiers, shiek should be bottom one in the high tier, Sonic the bottom one in the mid tiers.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
A perfectly placed Fair by Ike IS unpunishable by anyone without a projectile unless you are Olimar or Sheik. this is a FACT. Olimar can only punish it 1/3 of the time (pikmin dependent), and Sheik can only do it with DACUS. Ike has enough time to shield or sidestep anything else. Some times it's almost frame perfect, but any other time he can avoid punishment.

EDIT: That sounded spazzy I know, but this is another point that I'm tired of going over in Ike's match-up discussions. -_-

EDIT2: Actually, it may be possible for Sonic......I don't know if we've tested spindash or not....

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I don't see Ness reaching Mid. Like, at all.

Any Ness players mind explaining what has changed since the last tier list that would allow this to happen?
Nothing really, however the same can be said for many characters. Many characters won't be moving up or done, they will be properly placed. Ness feels like mid tier character with good matchups, and (until now) he had the best E tier results. Its trend for him to be in the higher end of E or sometimes possibly D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom