• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Captain Falcon may be bottom tier in competative play, be he'll always be top tier in taunt parties!
His taunts always make me laugh...actually mostly everything about him makes me laugh XD

peach has way better taunts, i don't get the falcon taunt stuff >.> "show me your moves?" "Cmon?" and then power up to ssj mode taunt.....they aren't THAT cool, at least peach sings and dances on your face.
Agreed. Peach has the awesometastic taunts...and the taunt you've just mentioned happens to be one of my fave taunts of all time (besides Link's mysterious pose from the first SSB) ^^

Above all...I don't really mind the tier list. Nicely drafted out, though! The least to say, the characters I main are under all the tier categories (most of them are high and middle tiers...while I have 2 mains each under top and low tier categories). 'Nuff said.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I don't see DeDeDe passing Snake up at all. DeDeDe has too many bad match-ups to warrant beating Snake out. Game & Watch is iffy, too, albeit less so. I'm pretty sure Game & Watch will be a close third to Snake for quite some time.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Olimar should go to bottom tier. Everyone knows it.

;)

I know you're out there Dan. SUPPORT ME!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Funny sig Dekuu haha.

Of the higher tiers, I think ROB and Wario still have potential to get up there (like past Falco and Marth :p)

gantrain05

Smash Master
lol, i need to find the tier list i made after like a week of playing this game, its rediculous, i had snake at bottom tier, pikachu, wolf, and some other rediculous characters top tier and MK was middle. lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Why's Sonic that l-
Oh forget this.

Bah. Is it more or less established now that Meta Knight deserves his own tier?
There's been more development lately that says he still shouldn't. With Snake players on the rise and beating MK's (Ally, Meep beating DSF, for example) it just shows that MK is not as super-dominant as people have been brainwashed into thinking.

kr3wman

Smash Master
But if any character could beat any character, doesn't that make the whole tier list mute?
If I make a stupid statement, should everyone treat me as a stupid person?

Not really, but it sure does help.

EDIT : And Whoah there Chok, Ally doesn't just beat MK. Ally beats everyone.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
But if any character could beat any character, doesn't that make the whole tier list mute?
First of all: Tier lists are not absolute. They change over time. Also, a skilled Captain Falcon always can beat a bad Meta Knight.
A tier list is determined by the means of tournament results and representation, as well as the character's performance and ATs.

Now, what a tier list actually tells you is the following (without taking matchups into consideration):
If 2 players with dead even skill would meet each other, the character higher in the tier list is, by statistic, the one who will more likely win.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Lol? Don't contradict yourself. If he beats a good MK player, then he can beat a good MK player.
He doesn't just beat MK, he beats everyone.

As in even if he beats a good MK that doesn't really change anything since he beats everything in his path.

Get it? GET IT?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Bah. Is it more or less established now that Meta Knight deserves his own tier?
Alright, you have officially pissed me off. And when you tier-idiots(trademark) piss me off, you know what happens? I right half-page long posts about how stupid you are. Go back to page 234, and you'll see. Here we go.

Alright, Meta Knight DOES NOT need his own tier. While he does have some amazing techs and advantages, there are a few strong weaknesses:

EXTREMELY lightweight (which doesn't make much sense, he's a Kirby but weighs much less than him)

Only one real kill move; dsmash

No projectile

all b-moves put him in helpless

There are other reasons, which, while they do not affect his Metagame, are a bit of a problem.

Everyone hates Meta Knight, as all these n00bs use him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3kqxTY0Bc).

Oh, what the heck. Somoeone else will continue this for me. I'm bored of doing these long posts.

I'm willing to bet someone will say "lol" to "tier-idiots(trademark)".

kr3wman

Smash Master
Alright, you have officially pissed me off. And when you tier-idiots(trademark) piss me off, you know what happens? I right half-page long posts about how stupid you are. Go back to page 234, and you'll see. Here we go.

Alright, Meta Knight DOES NOT need his own tier. While he does have some amazing techs and advantages, there are a few strong weaknesses:

EXTREMELY lightweight (which doesn't make much sense, he's a Kirby but weighs much less than him)

Only one real kill move; dsmash

No projectile

all b-moves put him in helpless

There are other reasons, which, while they do not affect his Metagame, are a bit of a problem.

Everyone hates Meta Knight, as all these n00bs use him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3kqxTY0Bc).

Oh, what the heck. Somoeone else will continue this for me. I'm bored of doing these long posts.

I'm willing to bet someone will say "lol" to "tier-idiots(trademark)".
Meta Knight needs his own tier.

But Falcon will get his faster.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I love when people say that "all of MK's B moves render him helpless" is a weakness. What player with half a brain would use MK's specials in a situation that would render him helpless?
Side B can be ledge canceled
Up B can be cancelled after the loop is complete
Down B can also be ledge canceled.
Smart MK players hide this "weakness" so well it's almost non-existent.
Being lightweight is hardly a weakness.
Does he NEED a projectile? Look at melee Marth. He dominated without a projectile (I'm in no way saying melee Marth is ban worthy, but he did extremely well without a projectile)
True, MK only really uses Dsmash, UpB, and Fsmash for kills, but that's not why he's such a force. It's because that MK has an answer for any situation. All of his options are good.
I don't wanna really debate this hear, if you have anything else to say, PM me or bring this to the MK Ban discussion thread.

Mmac

Smash Lord

EXTREMELY lightweight (which doesn't make much sense, he's a Kirby but weighs much less than him) - Doesn't really matter when he's the best character to recover from knockback due to his quick ending aerials and preventing death. In facts, yes he is light weight, but his properties treat him like a heavyweight

Only one real kill move; dsmash -Nair, Shuttle Loop, and Glide Attack say hi, along with the less practical Fsmash and Utilt

No projectile -Kinda effects him, but his fast ground speed prevents this from being glaring

all b-moves put him in helpless -Does it really matter? Plus nobody uses the Cape in the air, Side B is usually used for recovery now, Tornado can autocancel on the ground and launches people upwards, and Shuttle Loop goes into glide, which can autocancel to the ground.

There are other reasons, which, while they do not affect his Metagame, are a bit of a problem. -None of these are really problems at all. They're just Minor at worst

Replied in Quote

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
He really doesn't. It hasn't even been a year yet, and already a character is banned from tournaments. So silly. But you pretty much spoke my mind. The way I see it (which could be as accurate as a blind person sniping with a shotgun) everyone's just complaining too much about MK instead of devising character-specific strategies against him and dealing with it. It's not like Fox or Marth was banned in Melee or anything.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Dk is a beast.
All of his smashes do great KB and damage.
He has TWO spikes, yes, two.
Bair is great for stringing at low percentages, and becomes a great kill move around 100-130%
Upair can kill @ low percentages and does great KB.

Down B has w0w-zor sauce range
Side B is situational, but very rewarding when it hits
His recovery is poor, but with all this awesomeness what'd you expect?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Dk is a beast.
Bair is great for stringing at low percentages, and becomes a great kill move around 100-130%

Thank you Barge, point made.

not to mention diddy is just DK's *****.
=] Everyone knows that, Diddy calls him daddy.

YamiJorie

Smash Cadet
Dk is a beast.

Actually, DK has 3 spikes. Dair, Fair and Side B too.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Dk is a beast.
He has THREE spikes, yes, three.

Fixed for great justice.

Dair, fair, and side-b are all spikes.

^lololol hivemind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom