• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I don't know why people didn't realize pichu was worse than mewtwo in the beginning.

gantrain05

Smash Master
any idea when another tier list will be made? hopefully by spring. i'd think the metagame would have developed enough by then for a more accurate list.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I find it very ironic that the legendary Falcon Pawnch!!! user is dead bottom lol
he'd be fine if the game was still under melee mechanics, his whole game was based around mindgames and dashdance fakeouts and hit and run, but brawl mechanics make these things not really possible, and very punishable.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
A good point...

Good luck with the SBR. I think they are pretty ******** anyway. The entire discussion that they had about Sonic was based on misconceptions from people who have very little Sonic experience. Not that the injustice given to Sonic is the only problem that I have with them. I feel like they really don't do a SINGLE thing to help the smash community. If they know ANYTHING that the general public doesn't know, then they certainly have been too selfish to share it with the rest of us. Finally, I have a problem with how quickly they came out with a tier list. It was only a few monthes before they came out with the tier list and based on the discussions that they have about characters, it's clear that the tier list is bound to be flawed and full of biased opinions. The tier lists can shape how a new player approaches the game and even shape how people think of each character and the game overall. For the tier list to be developed so quickly with a huge lack of knowledge going into it they have forever shaped the future of brawl based solely upon their unqualified opinions.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
The only thing I really can agree upon as far as people's complaints go is that Melee's tier lists seem a lot better thought out than Brawl's so far.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
A good point...

magnificentmarth
Good luck with the SBR. I think they are pretty ******** anyway. The entire discussion that they had about Sonic was based on misconceptions from people who have very little Sonic experience. Not that the injustice given to Sonic is the only problem that I have with them. I feel like they really don't do a SINGLE thing to help the smash community. If they know ANYTHING that the general public doesn't know, then they certainly have been too selfish to share it with the rest of us. Finally, I have a problem with how quickly they came out with a tier list. It was only a few monthes before they came out with the tier list and based on the discussions that they have about characters, it's clear that the tier list is bound to be flawed and full of biased opinions. The tier lists can shape how a new player approaches the game and even shape how people think of each character and the game overall. For the tier list to be developed so quickly with a huge lack of knowledge going into it they have forever shaped the future of brawl based solely upon their unqualified opinions.
For more arguments against the SBR, see my arguments a few pages ago.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I think we should have waited for a tier list. Everyone was BEGGING for one when it wasn't time to unveil it. Also if you played other fighting games you'd know that tier lists are updated CONSTANTLY. IMO the first tier list should have been released on the one year anniversary of Brawl. Every update after that should be every 3 or 6 months.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
he [Captain Falcon]'d be fine if the game was still under melee mechanics, his whole game was based around mindgames and dashdance fakeouts and hit and run, but brawl mechanics make these things not really possible, and very punishable.
Not to mention that most of his more powerful moves like the knee have been nerfed. It's a shame, really.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Jigglypuff is not really ranked good, anyway. And the tier list is not absolute. However, she is better than Falcon. Maybe not better than Ganon, I never really tried that matchup, so I can't answer you this question, studly - despite I think that Jigglypuff has an advantage against Ganon, who actually is really stuck on the ground. His sluggishness doesn't help either.

Anyway, Falcon has really low priority and range. All that speaks for him are his running speed and his decent attack power, but even then... Jiggles has an amazing aerial game and a good recovery, some moves with good killing power and priority... and outclasses Falcon there pretty strongly.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I personally think Jigglypuff is much better than Ganon. Way more maneuverable with way more options.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Heh, yea... Ganon does have power and surely can KO Jiggles at low %, but for that he first has to reach and hit her.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Captain Falcon has no priority whatsoever. Falcon Punch can be out prioritzed by a neutral A from Jigglypuff, as can all of his moves. He also can no longer KO due to his Knee being gone, and his moves aren't really good at racking damage either as he's somewhat on the slow side in attack speed. Add his horrendous recovery into the mix (Terribly nefed from Melee), and there's the worst character in the game, hands down.

Ganon vs Jigs is far in Ganon's favor, I actually have some experience with the match up. Jiggs can't break through Ganon's range, power, and priority. Ganon just has to make sure to not get knocked off stage, cause then his stock is gone. Ganon can still thunderstomp Jiggs without much problem though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Jigglypuff can camp Ganon better than Metaknight can. Just fly around while air dodging, and then throw in an aerial or a pound when he messes up or has lag (which = a lot of opportunities.)

gantrain05

Smash Master
Jigglypuff can camp Ganon better than Metaknight can. Just fly around while air dodging, and then throw in an aerial or a pound when he messes up or has lag (which = a lot of opportunities.)
yeah, but ganon can Uair jiggs while she's just floating around, he can just wait for an airdodge and punish the after lag.

and OVER 10K POSTS CHOKNATER?! i swear last time i saw you it was at like 6k lol, o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom