• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I doubt Captain Falcon's position will change at all. Maybe Ganon's and Link's, but definitely not Falcon's.

studly

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff can camp Ganon better than Metaknight can. Just fly around while air dodging, and then throw in an aerial or a pound when he messes up or has lag (which = a lot of opportunities.)
you have obviously never seen a good ganon play
there are very few of them

the general goal is timed advances for sudden kills usually at lower percents

jigglypuff is like the lightest character in the game making this tactic even easier on her...granted a good puff might have some dodging skills against a good ganon but she cant let him get her with any wort of shield pressure....sooo

like i allready said a good ganon knows about ganon's best freaking moves and knows that the puff has no chance if he plays his cards right

i just dont understand how hes not better than her

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Lol studly, I think you are very biased. Never seen a good Ganon? I watch Sliq all the time because I also want to know how to play the low tier characters well.

I'm not talking jumping/floating as in doing it NEAR Ganon. I'm saying Jiggs can literally fly away from Ganon giving him no way to catch up. Camping in this way (not ledge camping, but air camping... but you can use the ledge too) forces Ganon to approach. Ganon has hardly any reliable approaches that Jigglypuff can't easily avoid. Jigglypuff can play the "don't get hit" game to near perfection against Ganon. Hes, he has strength and priority but it doesn't mean anything if he's not gonna catch up to Jigglypuff flying around. It's like a rhino fighting a bird; the rhino's not gonna win unless the bird deliberately flies into the rhino's horn.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Besides the fact that the tierlist is not only looking at the direct matchups of characters to those in the same tier, but also because of their general performance.

So let's take the assumption that Ganondorf has an advantage over Jigglypuff. Now, that would make the matchup against her better for him.
This doesn't change the fact, though, that Ganondorf has bad matchups and overall performance against the rest of the cast (except those he has an advantage over). He may be powerful and have high priority, but he's still very very bad, while Jigglypuff has slightly better matchups.

So yea.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Because Captain Falcon against Jigglypuff is not the only thing which is covered by that tierlist. Even if Jigglypuff is liked to be used as a punching bag by players outside of Japan (don't know about Japanese themselves), it's not all about her, y'know.

studly

Smash Ace
Lol studly, I think you are very biased. Never seen a good Ganon? I watch Sliq all the time because I also want to know how to play the low tier characters well.

I'm not talking jumping/floating as in doing it NEAR Ganon. I'm saying Jiggs can literally fly away from Ganon giving him no way to catch up. Camping in this way (not ledge camping, but air camping... but you can use the ledge too) forces Ganon to approach. Ganon has hardly any reliable approaches that Jigglypuff can't easily avoid. Jigglypuff can play the "don't get hit" game to near perfection against Ganon. Hes, he has strength and priority but it doesn't mean anything if he's not gonna catch up to Jigglypuff flying around. It's like a rhino fighting a bird; the rhino's not gonna win unless the bird deliberately flies into the rhino's horn.
have you seen the super ganon jump thread
that rhino can now fly!

aaaaand i personally think that with everything considered ganon has better matchups in general

besides that bird cant ever possibly beat the rhino without attacking

and i am very biased lol
GANON FOR GOD TIER!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, yea... The Flight of Ganon does give him an advantage, but I doubt it will be the reason for him to skyrocket out of the Bottom Tier into the Mid Tier or something. He maybe will go up like... 2 or 3 ranks at most. He's still bad.

studly

Smash Ace
i was just saying it cuz it sounds cool

i really doubt if it will change his postition that mutch

what he really needs is results in tournaments

§leepy God

Smash Master
I'll say if we have more people being sweet with Ike, he would score at least more than Zamus. Darn too many people that can't play him and lose with him. (-_-)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
what he really needs is results in tournaments
That's what all friggin characters need, but that stupid MK is dominating everything. D:<

Honestly, I LOVE Ganondorf (especially his hilarious "I need a toilet" jogging!), but he really is that bad.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
...No. His recovery is one of the few things that improved from his transition from melee to brawl...
Funny. . .I don't recall losing the ability to regain his double jump from using falcon kick in the air (Which didn't used to go at such a downwards angle) an improvement to recovery. . .

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It's very impractical and extremely hard to do, but basically, you do a Warlock Kick from the very corner of a stage, then simultaneously jump and down B. Ganon will jump extremely high up into the air. It's just a very bizarre glitch.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Lol, that is awesome. Is it as hard to do as Melee SWD? I'll check it out in the Ganon forums (and hopefully learn some more Ganon myself.)

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
Funny. . .I don't recall losing the ability to regain his double jump from using falcon kick in the air (Which didn't used to go at such a downwards angle) an improvement to recovery. . .
If you use the Falcon kick before using your second jump, then he retains that ability... and I was moreso reffering to the length and distance his up-b can go as opposed to his melee counterpart, so.... there.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's very impractical and extremely hard to do, but basically, you do a Warlock Kick from the very corner of a stage, then simultaneously jump and down B. Ganon will jump extremely high up into the air. It's just a very bizarre glitch.
Kind of like the double Wizards foot, except without the jump.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, THIS version of the FoG is pretty useless, but there's also the version where you have to airdodge. And that one is, y'know, pretty useful.

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=lnA6WSRORlo

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yea, THIS version of the FoG is pretty useless, but there's also the version where you have to airdodge. And that one is, y'know, pretty useful.

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=lnA6WSRORlo
Useful when I hit him as he comes out of the airdodge animation with an attack of some kind or afterward? This is ridiculously easy to punish.

Smooth Criminal

gantrain05

Smash Master
If you use the Falcon kick before using your second jump, then he retains that ability... and I was moreso reffering to the length and distance his up-b can go as opposed to his melee counterpart, so.... there.
except in melee ganon and falcon both actually RECOVER their double jumps by using their down B, ganon could actually make it from the top right corner of hyrule to the bottom platform using this technique. yes both ganon and falcons recoveries were nerfed, and they now suck.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Useful when I hit him as he comes out of the airdodge animation with an attack of some kind or afterward? This is ridiculously easy to punish.

Smooth Criminal
For once we actually agree on something! And what purpose does this actually serve? Sorry if I'm extremely ignorant, but the vids just show him jumping high, without any use, really.

Blad01

Smash Lord
The SBR should add a bottom tier to this tier list, as usual. Mario, Samus, Lucas and Ness are not bottom for sure (they're not at the same level as Falcon by example), but maybe low.

From this tier list (and not from my personnal thoughts), the tiers may look like this :

Low
27. Lucas
28. Ness
29. Mario
30. Pokémon Trainer
31. Samus

Bottom
32. Yoshi
33. Sonic
34. Jigglypuff
35. Ganondorf
36. Link
37. Captain Falcon

There are not so many characters in low / bottom tier (11 characters, 12 in Melee), only because there are a lot more good characters in Top / High Tiers. That doesn't mean we should forget this "bottom" tier.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If there's Bottom, it should be

Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

and that's it, PROBABLY Jigglypuff

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that, in the next tier list, Falcon will be SO AWESOME he will have his own tier. AKA Bottom.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Captain Falcon may be bottom tier in competative play, be he'll always be top tier in taunt parties!
peach has way better taunts, i don't get the falcon taunt stuff >.> "show me your moves?" "Cmon?" and then power up to ssj mode taunt.....they aren't THAT cool, at least peach sings and dances on your face.

kr3wman

Smash Master
peach has way better taunts, i don't get the falcon taunt stuff >.> "show me your moves?" "Cmon?" and then power up to ssj mode taunt.....they aren't THAT cool, at least peach sings and dances on your face.
Who cares about Peach.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Well of course, Mario gets kickass cakes and/or se-I mean a kiss every time he saves her.

Anyway, my tier list:

BROKEN:

Meta Knight (Two words people, not one)

TOP:

King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
Falco
Marth
R.O.B

HIGH:

Wario