• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You just said Wario has a better recovery than Snake? What planet are you from? I really hope that was sarcasm.
Uhhh.

What planet are YOU from? Wario has excellent recovery options. The motorcycle can carry him very far in a horizontal arc and render his approach back to the stage relatively safe courtesy of the bike's long life-span against character attacks/projectiles. Consider also that it's pretty much a moving hitbox that is an attack in and of itself as well, forcing the opponents to either try to get a better vertical base to hit Wario off or to just get the **** out of the way. Up-B is also good in a pinch and has decent vertical height, but it can't grab the edge well.

Smooth Criminal

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Uhhh.

What planet are YOU from? Wario has excellent recovery options. The motorcycle can carry him very far in a horizontally and render his approach back to the stage relatively safe courtesy of the bike's long life-span against character attacks. Consider also that it's pretty much a moving hitbox that is an attack in and of itself as well, forcing the opponents to either try to get a better vertical base to hit Wario off or to just get the **** out of the way. Up-B is also good in a pinch and has decent vertical height, but it can't grab the edge well.

Smooth Criminal
Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't stand it when people state information on recoveries when they no NOTHING about them.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
XD! You just proved your worth in this discussion.

Choknator got it right.
@ Mister Em I just gave a few tips. Recovering in Brawl is ridiculously easy, it's not a challenge getting back on stage. (I know, I main him) It's like me giving info about Pikachu's recovery (even though I don't main him) please main him before you start stating info about his recovery.
I don't have to main a character before I start talking about their strengths and weaknesses.
If I did, then character match-up threads would always fail.
I simply have to play the character multiple times before I give my input, which I have, many many times.
Your precious Ness has many things going for him, but recovering is NOT a strong suit of his.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Ever hear of "infinite recovery?" It's something Snake has that lets him recover by dropping a c4 and exploding it on himself.
Ever hear of "death by c4?" You know, the thing that happens when you're at too high of a percent? Yeah. Very real threat for the Snake player. Also a matter of vulnerability, too; if you're too close to the stage (by Snake standards) while doing this and I'm playing somebody like Fox, I'm just gonna drop down and b-air you during that small window where Snake can't do anything. There's also the matter of being too far away as well; unless you were stupid and wasted your second jump somewhere, you should NOT be using C4 half-way across the arena to get enough boost to Up-B.

A Snake player should only use C4 for pinch recoveries, when you have exhausted both of Snake's jumps and when Snake is too low on the stage for the Cypher to get him back up. His heavy weight, a player having good DI, and Up-B are all the tools Snake needs for recovery.

Smooth Criminal

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I don't have to main a character before I start talking about their strengths and weaknesses.
If I did, then character match-up threads would always fail.
I simply have to play the character multiple times before I give my input, which I have, many many times.
Your precious Ness has many things going for him, but recovering is NOT a strong suit of his.
MY precious Ness? I've seen you arguing for Pikachu. You have great valid arguments about your main, when someone spouts nonsense about them. Yet your saying things about a character you barely play or know about. Maybe you don't have to main said characters, but you need more info.

I played Pikachu a few times, and now I can beat the best fox, err Marth(Pikachu destroys Fox I knows) Your logic is stupid.
Again, my precious Ness has a severely underrated recovery, it may not be strong, but it's not weak or terrible by any means.

And give it a rest Al, even the Snake's player know that Wario>Snake's recovery. You got owned, face it. It's happened to me, it's happened to everyone, get over it.

PS: So many post's on the Peach boards about said matchup. Good for you, your doing your job and defending your character. Im doing the same. Oh and Pikachu is more precious than Ness. XD

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
choknater'z Matchups guide:

Pikachu vs Fox 999:-899
DDD vs Bowser 800:-700
Ice Climbers vs Ganondorf 330:-230
Sheik vs Ganondorf 140:-40
Snake vs Metaknight 55:45

PKNintendo

Smash Master
choknater'z Matchups guide:

Pikachu vs Fox 999:-899
DDD vs Bowser 800:-700
Ice Climbers vs Ganondorf 330:-230
Sheik vs Ganondorf 140:-40
Snake vs Metaknight 55:45
XD.

Especially the last one.
kidding, it sounds right, though heavily debatable

gantrain05

Smash Master
yay for people not knowing how to play ness and just simply saying "well if you use psi magnet im going to gimp you" lol scrub.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
lol Despite Lucas being one of my mains...
I cant do diddly with him once I get offstage >_>
Except once when I accidently used PKT2 to edgeguad and made it back (I shot myself diagnally at the edge of the stage.
I expect both of the PSI boys to get to middle :p

Coroxive

Smash Cadet
Why isn't Mario in the Mid tier at-least? He's even declared as the "balanced" character, so that enough should make him Mid-tier

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Why isn't Mario in the Mid tier at-least? He's even declared as the "balanced" character, so that enough should make him Mid-tier
Balanced in the way Nintendo wants you to play Brawl, not the way we play the game.

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
Top:
Sheik
Fox
Marth

Upper:
Peach
Falco
C. Falcon
Samus

High:
Jigglypuff
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Mario
Ice Climbers

Mid:
Luigi
Link
Roy
DK
Pikachu
Zelda

Low:
Ness
Young Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser

Bottom:
Mewtwo
Pichu

OK! THIS IS NOT THE NEW TIER (DUH) HOWEVER, I just wanted to compare this old list to the final Melee list!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom