• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
DK also has the cargo spike.

Even though it's situational.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Is anyone else still as amazed as I am that there is no general character class trends?

MK/DeDeDe at the top and Sonic/Ganondorf at the bottom. I personally find that to be an amazing accomplishment for a game series where we look at the previous two installments and speed was everything (sheik/marth/fox)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
or you play some scrubs and you 3 stock em that way w/out even mainging DK >.> yeah scrubs are fun lol.
...whut? Way to assume.
I'm just saying it COULD happen. It's OBVIOUSLY not very reliable. That's like you saying "A way to kill Snake is by cypher grabbing when he's to close to the edge" and me responding "lol, u must play total scrubs" It happens. It's just not common.

gantrain05

Smash Master
...whut? Way to assume.
I'm just saying it COULD happen. It's OBVIOUSLY not very reliable. That's like you saying "A way to kill Snake is by cypher grabbing when he's to close to the edge" and me responding "lol, u must play total scrubs" It happens. It's just not common.
sorry for the misunderstanding lol, i wasn't saying you play scrubs, i was just stating that playing DK against scrubs is fun because you can almost always do the cargo throw stage spike and they don't know whats coming ><

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh lol, it's okay. Sometimes it's hard to understand feelings being expressed over the interwebz.

All is forgiven.

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I think Diddy probably deserves to be higher... but im sure that he will be moved up soon enough. WATCH YOUR A$$ Meta-Knight!! :p lol

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
Objection!

How could Lucas be low-tier?

1) Quick tilts with good KB

2) Quick <A with good strength

3) Slow ^A but with good timing/prediction makes for a great kill move

4) 2 spikes

5) PK FIYAH is oh so good for mind games/ recovery (zap jump, PSI magnet thingy >.<)

6) Good DI

7) Moderate range for recover, as well as 2 choices for it.

8) Good comboing ability.

I'm not much of a competitive player, but would like to learn more..so correct me if I'm wrong.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Objection!

Weaker than ness' though, with less KB

Punishable

4) 2 spikes
2? I can only recall one, which is bair, and it only has 1 sweetspot, which doesnt do much KB in the first place

5) PK FIYAH is oh so good for mind games/ recovery (zap jump, PSI magnet thingy >.<)
I'll give you that one, but its not spammable

6) Good DI
Doesnt everyone?

Lucas/Ness are one of the easier ones to gimp, but yes, lucas' is slightly better than ness at recovery

Explain pl0x

I'm not much of a competitive player, but would like to learn more..so correct me if I'm wrong.
Lucas has too many flaws

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Any character with range eats Lucas alive. He'll always be in low tier just because of the bad matchups he has.

I do agree that he has good priority and a couple great KO moves. But against most of the top/high tier and even the middle tier.....he is completely outranged and has plenty of trouble getting inside.

Barge

Any character with range eats Lucas alive. He'll always be in low tier just because of the bad matchups he has.

I do agree that he has good priority and a couple great KO moves. But against most of the top/high tier and even the middle tier.....he is completely outranged and has plenty of trouble getting inside.
His projectiles have low priority too. Pkt2/pkt are easy to dodge/predict.

Pk freeze/flash, it moves slow and you can easily spot dodge/shield it.

Pk Fire is the only reliable projectile they have.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Pk Fire is thier most reliable and tbh you can't even really space well with it. You throw in his zoning issues with his questionable recovery and you have a low tier character.

CraK

Smash Rookie
lol @ lucas being low.. yall must have not faced a "good" Lucas. (like mines)

Umby

Smash Master
Whether or not a player has a "good" Lucas or not has nothing to do with his placement on the tier list. It's based on his apparent strengths/weaknesses, tourney placements, and matchups. Lucas isn't really excelling in any of those categories and therefore places a bit lower than other characters.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah.....when brawl came out, i mained lucas, and then my friends picked up marth/MK/and snake, so guess what....i don't main lucas anymore. he's just not that great, not many safe approaches, mediocre recovery, lightweight, and difficult to land kill moves make him below average.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
After a full spring and summer of competition, the SBR felt as though it was time to take the first stab at a tier list for Brawl. Before I post it, let me remind you all of a few important things:

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic, but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

2. Instead of measuring match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures something different than those things.

3. This list is based on a combination of tournament result data, extensive discussions with top players and tournament hosts and looking at general trends in play in the current competitive metagame. It took a lot of work on the part of some of the best minds in Smash to compile this list.

4. This list might change with time. It is based on how we perceive the game to be and play it competitively NOW. However, if a replacement for l-canceling is discovered or new tactics cause the game to evolve over time, this list could change. So if you main a character that isn't near the top, keep playing and evolving their game. You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change.

5. That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level.

6. In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin. So keep playing to win and work hard to be the best player you can be, regardless of which character you use.

And without further ado, I present to you the official SBR Brawl Tier List (v1.0)

Link
Toon Link
Falco
Marth
Fox
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
R.O.B.

High
Captain Falcon
R.O.B.
Donkey Kong
Wario
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby

Middle

Olimar
Wolf
Pit
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Dedede

Go tier list!

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Has anyone noticed that most of the Top Tier are Newcomers and most of the Low Tier are Veterans?
**** you Sakurai for nerfing SSBB <__<

-Mars-

Smash Hero
In addition, all of the DreamLand characters are ridiculously good for some odd reason.........

Barge

He gave kirby an over powered fsmash thats spammable and gives you distance, along with some chain grabs.

Gave DDD a million infinites and a chain grab on almost everyone

and gave metaknight god.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Objection!

4) 2 spikes

6) Good DI

Objection. Ness should move up.

1)He has tilts with good KB

2)Slow >A with massive stength

3) Fast Up A that spaces well

4) ONE SPIKE!

5) PK Fiyah! But this one pillars. XD

6) Good Di? You mean aerial movement. Ness is the ****!

7) Moderate Range for his recovery

8) Good comboability.

Ness>>>Lucas anyday.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by M3D View Post
After a full spring and summer of competition, the SBR felt as though it was time to take the first stab at a tier list for Brawl. Before I post it, let me remind you all of a few important things:

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic, but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

2. Instead of measuring match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures something different than those things.

3. This list is based on a combination of tournament result data, extensive discussions with top players and tournament hosts and looking at general trends in play in the current competitive metagame. It took a lot of work on the part of some of the best minds in Smash to compile this list.

4. This list might change with time. It is based on how we perceive the game to be and play it competitively NOW. However, if a replacement for l-canceling is discovered or new tactics cause the game to evolve over time, this list could change. So if you main a character that isn't near the top, keep playing and evolving their game. You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change.

5. That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level.

6. In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin. So keep playing to win and work hard to be the best player you can be, regardless of which character you use.

And without further ado, I present to you the official SBR Brawl Tier List (v1.0)

Link
Meta Knight
Toon Link
Falco
Marth
Fox
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
R.O.B.

High
Captain Falcon
R.O.B.
Donkey Kong
Wario
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby

Middle

Olimar
Wolf
Pit
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Dedede

Go Link!!!!!!!!!

Barge

You just double posted to say

this tier list rules
and
go link

@PkNintendo;

Don't forget USEFUL throws!

Barge

Ness mains are annoying...........

If Ness is so good, then why is he in E rank? Why don't acually you go to tournies and win if you're so tired of people thinking Ness is crap.......>_>
Ness doesn't suck.
He just sucks compared to everyone else. Duh.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Ness mains are annoying...........

If Ness is so good, then why is he in E rank? Why don't acually you go to tournies and win if you're so tired of people thinking Ness is crap.......>_>
>___>

Uh-oh. Be careful with that trash-talk. You might incur the wrath of Simna, Almighty Protector of all Things Ness.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom