• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Thats because you can choose who to play as, as Zelda/Sheik, you can transform at your will. As PK Trainer, you HAVE to switch.

squiser

Smash Apprentice
How is this even getting that much discussion lol ._. Anyone who even begins to argue that he's three separate characters can get shot down so easily.

Tier list is cool...a few things I wasn't expecting, like TL being mid.

Gaminger

Smash Rookie
I just read the tier list and i can't believe hat my Peach is Middle =(. MK is my secondary main but... peach... You see, i am a portuguese gamer and there is no one in portugal who can beat me against my Peach, i thought she was a decent character but when i look at the tier list i start to think if it's just because i'm better then my oponents.

Danaroth

Smash Rookie
I'm honestly surprised to see Ganondorf as low tier. People can't be using him right. He's at least middle tier material.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm honestly surprised to see Ganondorf as low tier. People can't be using him right. He's at least middle tier material.
Lolololololol

Check the Ganondorf boards, he's slow with no projectile and very punishable.

Really it's not even that he's bad, it's that pretty much everyone else is BETTER.

-__-

Smash Ace
we understand its ur first post and all but.. **** -__-, UR RIGHT!! Tiers are for queers. tier listing in brawl is for fat people who have no fat in life. WHY HASNT A MOD SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN RAWRRRRR :mad: instead they close my beautiful threads LOL!!!!!!!!!! M3D is fat. LMFAO!!!!!!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
You know, it really does tick me off a little bit when people say stuff like this. Although there can occasionally be merit to the statement (VERY occasionally), what you're essentially saying is this:

"It's not that Ganondorf has no projectiles, no approach, is slow as hell, has less than impressive recovery, gets dominated by disjointed hitboxes, is unbelievably easy to camp, and struggles on any stage that doesn't begin with "Final" and end with "Destination," or the fact that he pretty much needs to rely on tech chasing and hope that his opponent is easy to mind game and makes a lot of mistakes. No, it's just that every single person that plays Ganondorf is just bad at using him and isn't aware of his secret strength that somehow overcomes all of these things."

Don't get me wrong. I love Ganondorf. He can be incredibly fun to use, and there's few things more fun than Ganonciding someone for the win or hitting that auto-cancel down air into up smash for a gigantic chunk of damage. But let's call a spade a spade here. Ganondorf has just plain too many terrible matches (especially against the popular tournament characters) to place him anywhere BUT the bottom tier.

Although I've basically ransacked SBR's tier list for its litany of problems, this is one case in which I completely agree with them.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yea theres no real argument here. ganon is trash and deserves low tier.

However, if you want your character higher in the tiers......then do better in tournies and MAKE IT KNOWN

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^But Sonic's already doing that and is still getting no recognition. He's placing higher than T-Link, Bowser, Yoshi, Ike, Ness, Shiek, Zelda, Link, Samus, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon, and yet he's still 5th from the bottom on the tier list?!

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Everyone is right, Ganon is strong but he just has way too many con's that outweigh the pro's, and this is coming from a Ganon main :(

It's sad to see what the king of evil has been reduced to.

On the other hand, Ganon is just a beast in team battles. Give him a Wario, Falco, or Meta Knight and you're in for a good time :chuckle:

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
^^But Sonic's already doing that and is still getting no recognition. He's placing higher than T-Link, Bowser, Yoshi, Ike, Ness, Shiek, Link, Samus, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon, and yet he's still 5th from the bottom on the tier list?!
LOL thats sooo tru...pwned. but don't worry about it its cool cuz we get to say YOUR TOO SLOW! C'MON STEP IT UP! do the #1 flip logo ANNNDDD say that we beat u with the 5th worst character in the game...technically...so don't worry about it we all know that sonic if used right is just too f'ing nasty

TP

Smash Master
Ganondorf... struggles on any stage that doesn't begin with "Final" and end with "Destination
Pirate Ship says hello. Water = recovery is less of a factor. He can spike through the water at about 30%. He can kill with Ganoncide on the front of the ship while surviving himself.

Also, say what you want about Ganondorf, but he can punish VERY well.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm well aware of how bad Dorfy is, and in fact I was surprised he wasn't second from the bottom. Just know that he has at least one or two things going for him. The only problem is Ganon is basically Sandbag with a cape.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
why is there no bottom tiers????? cmon people, they exist. especially in brawl since theres 35+ characters in it. there were bottom tiers in 64 and melee and theres bottom tiers in brawl. and there is NO WAY that donkey kong is almost top high tier. at least low.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I main with toon link! NO WAY!
This statement + October 07 join date + 1st post + irrelevant to discussion = GTFO

Many others have brought up the lack of a bottom tier, others have already constructed their own tier list, I predict that most/all have a bottom tier (see sig). Keep in mind that this is the first tier list in 6 months, give it some a lot of time...

Mmac

Smash Lord
^^But Sonic's already doing that and is still getting no recognition. He's placing higher than T-Link, Bowser, Yoshi, Ike, Ness, Shiek, Link, Samus, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon, and yet he's still 5th from the bottom on the tier list?!
Sonic is barley beating Toon Link. Bowser, Yoshi, and maybe even Zelda is pretty irrelevant too. Everyone else can be true though.

You also forgot Zelda

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
why is there no bottom tiers????? cmon people, they exist. especially in brawl since theres 35+ characters in it. there were bottom tiers in 64 and melee and theres bottom tiers in brawl. and there is NO WAY that donkey kong is almost top high tier. at least low.
DK is actually good, and I count Sonic and Lower in this list as bottom

Gaminger

Smash Rookie
I just read the tier list and i can't believe hat my Peach is Middle =(. MK is my secondary main but... peach... You see, i am a portuguese gamer and there is no one in portugal who can beat me against my Peach, i thought she was a decent character but when i look at the tier list i start to think if it's just because i'm better then my oponents.
Did anyone notice my post ^?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Sonic is barley beating Toon Link. Bowser, Yoshi, and maybe even Zelda is pretty irrelevant too. Everyone else can be true though.

You also forgot Zelda
What makes you say Yoshi, Bowser and Zelda are irrelevant? They're all tied with Ike and Ness for 27th, while Sonic is comfortably in 23rd (tied with Toon Link, Fox, and Mario).

Admittedly, I should not have Included Toon Link in that list, but Sonic is still 23rd on the rankings list, yet 34th on the official SBR tier list. That's an 11 place gap, and while it's understandable that a few of those characters might be above him in terms of potential, I don't think that it's fair to say that all of them are actually supposed to be above Sonic, and just not placing well due to lack of popularity (even though Sonic is not a tournament popular character himself).

Mmac

Smash Lord
What makes you say Yoshi, Bowser and Zelda are irrelevant? They're all tied with Ike and Ness for 27th, while Sonic is comfortably in 23rd (tied with Toon Link, Fox, and Mario).
I'm saying the Gap between High D and Low D isn't as big as say, High D and Low C. A 10 Point gap isn't really all that impressions. Actually looking at the results, Sonic has actually been FALLING rather than rising up in the tournament scene compared to the past 3-4 Months. Plus I actually consider Sonic being a somewhat popular character, especially compared to the rest of the D and E Ranks.

I don't think it has anything to do with Tournament Results, because he's been doing decent, even now.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
At this point it seems that Wario will rise as futile keeps winning big tourneis with him, Falco and DDD have been placing at the same level since the summer and G&W and ROB seem to be doing worse than the one's listed above, while marth is doing consistant(higher than ROB and marth has better match-ups) and may rise into bottom of the top tier if things go accordingly, lucario seems to be a viable candidate for top of the high tier with Diddy on the rise. So here I propose my edits to the list from my last posts.
*number is spot on my list
Top(Always going to be at every money tourney and is almost guaranteed to place high)
1)MK(Banned already in Italy, being tested to see if he should be banned in US, im neutral on this topic, but I agree with the fact MK has the #1 spot in the brawl metagame now)

2)Snake(Also being tested if he should be banned with MK, was thriving before the summer, until MK passed him, yet still unquestionably on of the elite in competitive play)

High(I find that MK and snake are placing much higher than the one's listed below and their match-ups agree, there in too little separation in the top tier of the SBR lists as snake and MK dominate tourneys, and this group in noticeably slightly worse)
3)DDD(As time goes by, falco seems to be taking his place, yet still his CG is almost autowins, exceot for the immunities that Falco,MK,G&W have on him as they also are in almost every tourney)

3)Falco(I believed as SK92 is dominating tourneys and so have other flaco's that DDD and falco are very close in potencial and share this spot on the tier list, maybe with G&W)

3)G&W(didnt place in axis and hasn't been winning as much as he did in the ealry metagame yet still seems he will be a top tier character in the future)

6) Wario(doing better in tournies as we speak and shows in at big tournies, could easily rise with falco,G&W and DDD, yet right now its too close to call)

7)Marth(In my opinion marth is fighting rob for this spot as marth's consistency at touneys is proving to keep him at this level in the metagame, his match-ups are good, yet on his bad ones there really bad)

7)Rob(Good character overall, yet he hasnt done well over the last months as falco,DDD or G&W and thus is letting marth beat him in tourney results, still his ability to camp and get low %KO's is invaluable)

Middle(This is what I think is the rest of the tourney viable will be in)
9)lucario(as time progresses, lucario's tourney results get better just as wario does on a smaller degree, could compete with Rob and marth for that bottom of high tier spot)
Just my opinion,constuctive critizism helps.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I don't think it has anything to do with Tournament Results, because he's been doing decent, even now.
Well I was just responding to some poster that said if you want your character to be higher you should do better in tournaments. Obviously some of these characters are placed pretty far away from where tournamnet results say they should be.
7)Marth(In my opinion marth is fighting rob for this spot as marth's consistency at touneys is proving to keep him at this level in the metagame, his match-ups are good, yet on his bad ones there really bad
I fail to see how 40:60 counts as "really bad"

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
I fail to see how 40:60 counts as "really bad"
I should have elaborated. yes his match-ups against MK,Snake, and ROB are all around 40:60, but the problem is the unfortunate burden that he has disadavtages on the two most commons characters in the metagame(MK and snake), who are at every $ tourney and so its generally difficult to thrive as marth in a brawl metagame where you will eventually always see a difficult match-up for the marth mainer in every tourney. Emblem lord recognizes this and many marth's in the communty realize that when the MK, Snake or ROB comes, marth has it difficult to place high in tournies when the metagame has a outstanding profusion of players who give marth a disadvatage. yes 40:60 is not bad, no has an autowin on marth, as Neo beat Plank, one of the best MK in the US, in a recent tourney, yet his only disadvatages are on very common chracters in the metagame, which makes it difficult for marth to place into the top tier of a tier list.
Again, sorry for saying it in that manner.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Yeah I already knew that, but I wanted to point out that it's not like "zomg Marth has 4:6 against Metaknight, can never win any tourney evar!!"

Such is the unfortunate (and often exaggerated, but still somewhat relevant) story for pretty much every character that has a disadvantage against Metaknight..

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
so wtf dude, this is ****ing stupid. why is peach still where she is...man!
like really though, least of all characters how is pit even above peach in the tiers...huh!? or even marth? really man, did you just put the slightly obvious chars in the top tier than throw random **** together for the rest...dude, please revise this.
peach is one of the best in the game. im sorry if you dont think so cause you may suck but if you started out at having a real thought of what the **** you were doing, peach wouldnt be where she is...um, please change.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
^^Yeah I already knew that, but I wanted to point out that it's not like "zomg Marth has 4:6 against Metaknight, can never win any tourney evar!!"

Such is the unfortunate (and often exaggerated, but still somewhat relevant) story for pretty much every character that has a disadvantage against Metaknight..
Lol were on the same page, I was just getting the words messed up, I agree marth still has a chance but it aint gonna be easy. Lol sorry about my phrasing.

And also, could someone shed some light on why yoshi has a neutral match-up on mK? I have been looking at boards, yet i cant find anything(Totally random question lol)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Yoshi has a grab release chaingrab->fair spike on MK, along with having a great Pivot grab for stopping approaches.

Though that's just the common knowledge. I'm sure there's more too it than that.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom